All Comments on 'SWIB 02: and She Got It'

by 012Say

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Please, enough of the 'She was a great mother' lines when the wounds are still fresh. First, no sane husband is going to be pausing to compliment her maternal skills in this situation, and second, so many stories use that old chestnut that it feels like the character is pulling them from a box of clichés instead of actually reacting to what's going on. Finally, it feels like an insult to actual great mothers everywhere. Save it for the funeral if you're going to use it, at least then there's an excuse to lie.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Well..

Interesting, but too phony. She was a cheating cunt, and the councellor is putting the blame on him. Could have been better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"Oh, great, Mr. Wilson, you're awake. How do you feel?"

"Oh, I am sorry Mr. Wilson, no wonder you look confused. You can't speak with the ventilator in place."

1 star.

Impo_64Impo_64almost 3 years ago

where this failed? When he thought: "For a good woman to die like that"...A good woman? really? 3*

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

The wife got hers, what a stiff penalty for being a stupid bitch and cheating. She knew if she went back he’d divorce her but she went back, even had a clue what was going to happen. Dumb bitch.

Did Susan Martin co-operate with the police or tell lies for her.

Good story about stupid choices…… 4/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

??????????????????? What was this supposed to be? This story has been told hundreds of times before, and better I might add.

DarthanDarthanalmost 3 years ago
That was the end?

It was a very abrupt ending to a pretty good story.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 3 years ago

Good but a bit unfinished.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 3 years ago

Another honour killing.

Your stupidity is so great that you lower our collective IQ without even trying. How you can walk and breathe at the same time is nothing short of a miracle.

May you spend the rest of your life stubbing your toes on furniture and stepping on Lego in bare feet.

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 3 years ago

Another paragraph or an epilog might be needed but four stars for the way it is now

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Ok let me clear my throat before I beginning...mmmmhhhhmm........

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I shouldnt laugh, you tried, but nothing about this was interesting.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyalmost 3 years ago

Good story, but I agree with Wargamer. What happened when the police questioned Sue Martin? Would've been a 5 but the omission dropped you to a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A couple of the comments already covered the overused " great mother" cliche. A great mother doesn't destroy her children's childhood with divorce. A "good woman" doesn't commit adultery so blithely. Ralph needs to see the gift he been granted in having his cheating, slut of a wife removed from his life with absolutely no financial or custodial issues. No tears, joyful exuberance is called for and should be expressed. The author cheapens the narrative with any kind of regret about her demise.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

I liked your story, but it needed a lot more story. Finally, there is no way that she was a good woman or mother.

012Say012Sayalmost 3 years agoAuthor

To Darthan and ScorpioJJ, thanks, I think I agree. The story should end at the protagonists healing, not at a point you think he might be healed.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 3 years ago

Very good story only lacking some more details.

HooHaa77HooHaa77almost 3 years ago

Study after study, statistic after statistic proves that the more one (of both genders) whores and sluts around the bigger problems one has.

This is an extreme depiction but something similar has no doubt happened before and will happen again.

gardalmungardalmunalmost 3 years ago

I don't believe his grief is for her. It is for his loss of the dream that he had thought he was living. She turned it into a nightmare that he must live though every day until his kids are over it. No matter how long that takes. God forbid but I still have fond memories of my first wife and the beginning of our life together. I'd refuse to talk to her today and have for over 25 years and have dreamt of retribution on many occasions.

If she had died as soon as I realized it was ending I wouldn't have been able to see her fully for the "person" that she had become. I might have been able to fool myself into believing that she was a good mother.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Excellent story!!! The plot, the motivations, the flawed characters... all too real! THAT is goo writing! 5+++/5!!!

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

Another unfinished story.

A decent story has an arc for the protagonist:

1) he suffers adversity

2) he fights against the antagonist

3) the protagonist is victorious

4) the dénouement where the loose ends are wrapped up.

-

Without a proper ending, a story feels deeply unsatisfying. Yes, his slut of an ex wife is dead, which makes his life simpler rather than going through a divorce, but what about the aftermath for him and the kids? Did he start dating and remarry? The kids needed a replacement mother, and he was a decent husband who deserved a loving wife. As it is, you just left them all grieving after her death.

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

So, he never let Suzie Martins husband know she was a lying cheating enabling whore?

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 2 years ago
@ Lujon2019

Suzie Martin may (or may NOT) be a cheating whore. All We-The-Readers know is that Dead Sweetie confided in SM. SM had no right to tie Sweetie down and prevent her from slutting with a Bad Boy!

I thought the ending was just fine. All four of the victims had their heads on straight, Hubby last. Good offering, and true to the SWIB mission.

5*

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

Complicated shit.

johsunjohsunover 2 years ago

I probably missed a nuance, but got crossed signals on this page, at one point he says the issue was that he wasn't sad enough. Then the next sentence his kids were worried that if he wouldn't let go of his sadness it would hurt him.

.

Sort of a cross connection - as if you started to write it one way, but then changed the story line during the writing process and didn't clean up the discrepancies. Or, I missed something, I'm not the brightest bulb in the lamp.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

"I tried to spit, really, right back at her, but found it caught in my throat. She was right. I wanted my wife to be walking the streets, homeless and suffering for what she did. I didn't want her brutally killed. For the first time, I allowed myself to feel the true loss. The tears came." This is a man who has walled up his emotions, both to the awful things his wife did, and to her loss. He still loved her. He in one moment confronted both her betrayal and her demise. He had survived until then by pretending that a nice tidy ending is a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No?!!!!!

As another said screwed up sadness.

Is he sad,? Shouldn't be. She cheated treated badly and still went back for more!

Not a fit mother!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

“FOR A GOOD WOMAN TO DIE LIKE THAT”........ Are you delusional or just stupid. “GOOD WOMAN” my ass! She put herself in that position and paid for it..........come rescue me???.?. What a moronic whore. Fuck you and good riddance, if they hadn’t killed her they could keep her. To much emotion wasted on a useless cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Too dark to be enjoyable.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazierabout 2 years ago

This is NOT a btb. The husband is clearly a cuck. After the initial transgression, he takes no action; which leads to the 2nd, and a trip to the ER. He still would have taken her back, until the 3rd trip. So, he finally plans to divorce her. But, she's killed. This has NOTHING to do with ANY action on his part. He is shot, a!most killed because of her. Then, he still refers to her as a "GOOD WOMAN". CUCKOLD, CUCKOLD, CUCKOLD!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The wife didn't suffer anywhere near enough! She was not a good woman!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hard to feel empathy for the wife.

She was actually to sick to live and had to known that her compulsion would get her killed.

His notion she's better homeless than dead is nonsense.

Their marriage was dead and her compulsion would have very quickly put her kids, ESPECIALLY the girl, in mortal jeopardy.

Her death was fortuitous for all concerned.

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

There's no ending here.

moultonknobmoultonknobalmost 2 years ago

Another load of bollocks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The wife had an addiction. Like all addictions, it eventually ruined her life. I know of a woman, who had 3 young kids. Her husband was a raging alcoholic. One night, he got in an accident, and was killed, on his way home. At the time, the kids ranged in age, from 9-15 years old. Within a month of his death, she had another man, and his child, living with her. That lasted, maybe a couple years, and he moved out. Her parents tried to help her out, actually quite a bit. Her mom, then died of cancer. At the present time, she is about mid 50’s, but looks a lot older. I think the whole experience, has changed her, and not for the good. The moral of the story is this- If you are living with an addict, you need to get them to seek help. If not, eventually they will tear your life up, and you will probably never recover. If the woman in this story had not been killed, she would have eventually went through a nasty divorce, and lost her children. Al, over a need, for rough sex. In retrospect, it was better it ended this way. Anything else, and the children would have grown up to hate her. Better to remember, for them, who she used to be. 5 stars.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

So odd. It's like you are trying to understand human behavior by writing behavior that isn't even remotely normal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stupid slut

Harryin VAHarryin VA9 months ago

For a good woman to die like that was beyond belief.

she was not a good woman

EastCoaster1EastCoaster18 months ago

The story was good, but I felt the ending was very weak...

...there was no resolution, not so much her desire for the sex outside of the marriage, but his and the kids' life going forward.

Did his Mom move in ? Did he ever get past his anger and his sadness ?

I thought those questions should have been answered, at least to some degree... but I'm still going through the series!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

No, no Martian Slut Ray excuse accepted. What you have written here is borderline misogynistic; women are stupid sex-crazed whores? Some are I assume, but not the woman you described in this story. Loyal, loving, faithful, for years, then suddenly, Shazam!, she's a sex crazed whore. Ridiculous. Martian Slut Ray is more believable.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Let me get this straight. A loving mother & wife suddenly needs rough sex from some guy & be treated as a whore? The fact that her husband's thinking of divorcing her & not doing more to stop her completely doesn't add up. This totally sad story's made worse by the actions of the people in the story. For the the writing & story telling, I'll give this 3 stars. For the subject matter & the actions of the people the author described, only 1 1/2 stars at most can be given. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Meh. Three stars ⭐️ for this one.

shadrachtshadracht6 months ago

While decently written, the story itself was depressing, unenjoyable. Yes, she paid for her decisions with her life, but like the narrator, we want remorse, we want realization, and pain. None of that was given to anyone other than the narrator, and to an extent his children. As such, there was nothing enjoyable about this story whatsoever. 2*

oldpantythiefoldpantythief4 months ago

Not nearly as good as the first story in this series. Very dark without much light at the end of the tunnel. I did have to chuckle when his Mom told him she had "raised a moron". Can't believe there were never any prior signs of the wife's wishes to be treated like a slut and it just magically popped up. The letter in the jewelry box was too fabricated to be believable. Sorry, I can only give this a rating of three.

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

Again, good but needed a few more pages.

mfj77mfj774 months ago

Ouch! Hitting that brick wall at the "end" of the story hurt! What happened to the ending? Did the author fail to upload a page? Yes, it was depressing but well written right up to the non-ending. Can't give this a good score since it is only part of a story.

Buster2UBuster2U3 months ago

Great Writing! 10 Big Blazing Stars. Hubby is right to be pissed off at his Dead Slut Wife who craved being treated like a masochistic slut and whore. Apparently her hormones were so "off" it drove her nuts and she got herself killed for a bigger thrill. So far no Strippers or Prostitutes wanting to change their life and settle down, but there is always hope. Just noticed a 3rd chapter. Thanks for the Effort, doing a great job. Thanks, Buster2U

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user012Say@012Say
I find the LW stories fascinating. So many talented authors finding different stories in a very narrow set of circumstances. The stories which I prefer (to write) are not as black and white as some. I think living well is the best revenge. I keep looking for stories which appr...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES