All Comments on 'Switched'

by jackie_em

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
Anthony1965Anthony1965almost 3 years ago

I absolutely love this story. I wish I could have a spell cast over me and become a woman. I'd love to know what it feels like.

ZBSKRNZBSKRNalmost 3 years ago

Liked your story, thanks for sharing. Personally I think he should have been punished for what he did at the start not rewarded, but that is just my preference. This was like all your stories beer well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Commenting from a purely personal point of view, I have always been a bottom line kind of person and add to it the facts that I will completely refuse to be forced into something and I understand the power of guilt more than most people considering the lengths I would go to so that person understands the guilt they are feeling and why. Bottom line is when you grow up a certain way, things that seem insane to some are normal to others so I would have killed myself and made sure that she knew that taking my life from me did in fact take my life from me and since she knew ahead of time that she would not be switching us back so as was stated, “in order to gain something, we must lose something”. She wanted to gain my life then let her lose that part of herself that she believed made her a decent person and instead is now killing people.

Cracker270Cracker270almost 3 years ago

Well written. Personally I think there is no punishment foul enough for a man who treats women like Stephen did. Damn near quit reading, glad I didn’t. Still wish the sweet ending could have been achieved without the date rape.

jackie_emjackie_emalmost 3 years agoAuthor

My feeling, as the writer, was that Andrea had planned to switch Stephen back after making him live as a month or so as a woman. She wanted to punish him more than just allowing him to be gangbanged as he'd set her up to be. I think Megan fell hard for the new Andrea and communicated that to her friend, while Stephen as Andrea began to fall for Megan. At the same time, the new Stephen began to fall for Toni, and had premonitions that both would find happiness remaining as they were.

Some individuals have a very strong decided preference for one gender or the other. For some it is the gender assigned at birth, and for others it is the opposite gender. There are still others who are somewhat non-binary who might prefer one gender or the other, but be accepting of either. I feel the original Stephen had some non-binary tendencies which were accentuated through magic.

I understand, but have pity for someone who would rather kill themselves than live as a particular gender. We see that in some trans who are forced to accept the gender assigned at birth. I can understand that some cis might feel the same way about living as the other gender. This was just a fantasy story meant to entertain. In my conception, Andrea, Stephen, Megan, and Toni all ended up happy, albeit in different ways than they'd intended.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous