All Comments on 'Sympathy for the Devil'

by JukeboxEMCSA

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow! Brilliant!

tavernkeepertavernkeeperabout 2 years ago

Wow! This one could continue into something truly delightful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story but please consider changing 7 years to 7 months. 7 years of captivity just FAR too unrealistic to anyone who knows a bit of psychology and honestly brakes emersion especially since this story seems to lean into realistic fiction and psychology.

If she was locked in that space for 7 years with no one else to talk to or interact with she'd be litterally crazy and completely incapable of any forms of verbal communication. In solitary with 1 daily hour of social interaction and the regular short interactions with guards prisoners still show noticeable signs of psychosis and a sharp decline in their ability to speak and engage in conversation after only 2-3 months. After 7 years without a single moment out of the cell or anyone else to speak to she'd have severe psychosis and either sound like a deaf person when trying to speak or she'd have long resorted to impulsively rambling aloud every single thought that crossed her mind just to hear and maintain her own voice. Either way it'd be completely impossible to have the super controlled hypnotic tone and total control of a social interaction as described after 7 years of isolation regardless of what skills she had before.

Her still being capable of this interaction after 7 months is still a bit of a stretch tbh but at least it much closer and better fits the pseudo realistic theme of the story. Even logically it doesn't make sense that no one would notice or question the 2 deaf nurses working for 7 years and no one would question where she was in that time. The "she's dealing with something and can'tsee or speakto anyone" would probably only work for 1 year tops.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous