Synchronicity for Six Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She arrived at the apartment in ten minutes once she got to her car. As she entered the apartment and turned on the lights, she thought for a moment and made a command decision. She got out a Post-It note, scribbled something on it, and hurriedly placed it on Bruce Parker's front door inside the storm door. 'Dear Bruce, we would love to have you be our guest for supper tonight at 6:00. -- Julie and Tom' it read.

She rushed back to their apartment and hurried into the kitchen. It was 4:45 and there was enough time to make the baked chicken breasts with rice and vegetables, a recipe her mother had taught her. The chicken was boneless, skinless, and frozen, not fresh like she had made it before. But she knew she wanted to do this for Tom. With celery, baby carrots, and strips of bell peppers, it looked almost as good as it tasted. She got it in the oven just before 5:00 and set the timer.

= = =

Rose was making exactly the same meal for her family, coincidentally. She had left the AgCU offices a few minutes early so she could be home and get the supper started. She stopped at the local Beer Barn and bought a six-pack of Heineken for her father. She wanted the men to be somewhat mellow towards each other. She laughed to herself. Some women chose men much like their fathers. In some aspects, Alan was a bit like her father. Both were strong in their convictions, implacable if crossed the wrong way, and devoted to their families. She likened tonight's meeting to be akin to two bantam roosters meeting in a cock fighting pit. Hence her desire for mellowness.

She quickly changed from her work clothes into yoga pants and one of Alan's scouting t-shirts, then proceeded to get the supper started. She looked up at 5:20 as Maggie was coming in the door, calling out, "Mom?"

"I'm in the kitchen, Magpie. Come sit and talk with me as I get things ready?"

She thought Maggie was very nicely turned out in her work clothes, and she told her daughter so. Maggie gave a brilliant, pleased smile at her mother's affirmations, then sat in a chair at the kitchen table.

"How was your workday, dear?"

"Do you mean, 'Day 1, PD'?"

"PD?"

"Yeah, 'Post-David'." When Rose nodded, Maggie continued. "Mrs. Johnson came in around 10 and we had a nice discussion. They are very pleased with how quickly I have picked up for Alice, and starting next month I get one paid day off per month. I have to schedule it two weeks ahead of time so they can arrange for someone to cover for me. I think she treats me a lot like she would a granddaughter, and I would do just about anything to keep from disappointing her or Mr. Johnson."

"I'm so pleased to hear that from you, sweetie. And I'm glad they're going to give you a day off now and then. It's rather rare for a position like yours that has a likely expiration date. I agree, Maeve does like you a lot. I think she feels some responsibility or 'ownership' for you if you will."

"Whatcha making for supper, Mom?" Maggie redirected.

"Chicken breasts over rice and vegetables."

"Grandpa's favorite? Hmmm," she mused. "When's supper going to be ready?"

"I told your grandfather 6:30. Alan should be home soon. Why don't you go get more comfortably dressed and set the table, please?"

"All right, Mom. I love you."

"I love you, too, my Magpie. Now, scoot!"

Maggie had just left the kitchen when Alan came in through the door to the garage. "Dad!" Maggie exclaimed and rushed to enfold him in a hug with a kiss to his cheek.

"M- Mag- Magpie," he stuttered, secretly pleased with her demonstration. He kissed her forehead, and she bounced away to go upstairs. He set down his briefcase by the door to the garage and stepped towards the light coming from the kitchen. He took one look at Rose and stood stock-still. She was bent over, placing the baking dish into the oven, and all kinds of things came crashing together in him.

First, Maggie's hug and kiss, coupled with her calling him 'Dad', had sent his emotions wavering. She looked so much like Rose, just younger. Then to see his betrothed already home and making supper. Then, to see her clad in yoga pants and his t-shirt, and bent over, which gave him a first-class view of her spectacular ass. And then, tossed on top of it all, she was barefoot. All he needed was for her to be pregnant, but that could not happen again for her. His cock swiftly came to life, and he stepped up behind her as she stood up.

He pressed his tumescent manhood against her sensitive posterior, and she wiggled said posterior against him. His hands wrapped around her from behind and cupped her breasts and he discovered she had neglected to put on a bra when changing clothes. His mouth quickly targeted her neck behind her ear, and her wiggling became very earnest. "Oh, Alan, yes, YES!"

They stood there in the kitchen, claiming and being claimed, loving and being loved, until she danced away from his grasp. Her aroused nipples dented his t-shirt in ways he never had imagined. It had always been a 'thing' for Alan and Laura in the kitchen, and now he was making new memories with Rose in the kitchen. 'Come to think of it, both boys probably began with kitchen frolics', he thought.

"Alan, my dear, my love. I cannot present myself to my father like this. I have to go up and change into something more presentable, for him. Yes, I know I don't have to change one iota for you. But let's not wave the red cape before him if we can avoid it, please," she asked.

Unable to refute her logic, reluctantly Alan released Rose, who turned around in his arms and kissed him quite soundly while allowing a hand to roam about on top of his crotch. "Come on, lover man. You would be more relaxed in jeans and a sweatshirt." Checking to be sure she could be absent from the kitchen for ten minutes, she led Alan up the stairs to their room so they could change clothes. Maggie passed them on the stairs as she went about fulfilling her requested task of setting the table.

She knew there would be four of them for supper. She was looking forward to seeing her grandfather again. She wasn't certain if she last saw him when Julie graduated from high school, or if it had been even longer. She got out the place settings and carried them to the table where she realized her dilemma. Where would her grandfather sit? While it had been all six there at Christmas, they sat with a parent on each end and the boys and girls paired up along the longer sides. Once Tom and Julie had departed, Rose sat in Tom's usual place at Alan's right hand and she sat on David's left. But she didn't see that working well tonight. She set the plates, glasses, and silverware on the sideboard, went to the base of the stairs, and listened for a moment.

"Alan! Stop that! I've got to get dressed before my father arrives!" Maggie heard her mother say. The door upstairs opened, and Alan stepped out onto the landing. He had changed to a "My Money and My Son Go to State" sweatshirt, jeans, and sneakers. He paused before starting down the stairs, looking at Maggie, then back at his door.

"You heard that?"

"Just Mom's words. Good for you, Dad. She needs to loosen up a little and I think you're right for her. But now I need your help, please." She turned back towards the dining room, believing he would follow, which he did.

"I think the table's too big for just the four of us, and I have no idea about how to get the extra leaves out. Can you please help me, Dad?"

Maggie's repeated use of 'Dad' was stirring Alan's heart. Despite the distraction that Rose brought to his life, he was not enjoying having Tom and David back at school. He was even more grateful to continue to have Maggie around for the rest of this school year.

"Sure," he answered, and he proceeded to show her the latching mechanism on the underside of the table which pushed the ends apart just enough to be able to extract the one leaf. He pulled it out and set it aside by the sideboard, then showed her how to push the ends together forming a shorter length tabletop. Maggie started for the sideboard when Alan stopped her.

"Maggie, I think we should put on a tablecloth first, don't you?"

"Good idea! Where are they?"

"Bottom right drawer on the sideboard. The fancy lace one should help make a better impression on your grandfather, I would think."

Maggie extracted the tablecloth, and Alan helped her to get it placed on the table. She then shooed him out of the dining room so she could finish setting the table. Alan went into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. He was surprised to see the Dutch beer and properly guessed that Rose had gotten it for her father. Not that Alan was a teetotaler, but beer and wine were not frequent parts of his diet. Besides, that beer was not there yesterday.

Rose appeared in the doorway wearing a white, puffy peasant blouse, a flowered skirt which came to her knees, and some flat shoes. She gave Alan a quick kiss, then focused on getting some bread ready to warm in the oven to accompany the chicken, rice, and veggies. "My father also likes garlic butter on bread with this. Are you okay with that, my love?"

"Only if we make sure to brush our teeth well before getting into bed, my love," he leered back at her, making her blush prettily.

At 6:25, the doorbell rang and Alan swiftly strode to the front door and opened it, with Rose and Maggie hot on his heels. Elliot Reynolds stood there with a bottle of wine in his hands and a hopeful look on his face.

"Welcome, Elliot," Alan said, holding the storm door open and gesturing for his future father-in-law to come inside. "Please, come in!"

Elliot stepped in and, as Alan stepped back, Rose pushed past him and wrapped her father in a loving hug. Elliot had no other option but to hand the bottle to Alan and return his daughter's greeting. After a minute, Rose let go and stepped back. Elliot took in the sight of his youngest granddaughter, and his eyes widened as he softly said, "Maggie?"

"Grandpa!" and she, too, embraced him and kissed his cheek. Then she, too, released him.

"May I take your coat, Elliot?" Alan offered and Rose relieved him of the wine bottle, then hurried to the sound of the timer sounding in the kitchen. Maggie led Elliot down the hall with Alan trailing. Rounding the corner to the kitchen, Elliot inhaled deeply and smiled broadly.

"Chicken over rice with garlic bread?"

"Of course. It's your favorite, Father. Go wash your hands, please. Alan, would you please help me get this on the table?"

"Certainly. Elliot, would you like a beer with your meal, or should we open the wine?"

"A beer would be wonderful, please, Alan. Assuming it's not domestic."

"It's Heineken, Father."

"Then a beer would be very appreciated, please."

They sat with Alan in his customary place, with Rose to his right, Maggie to his left, and Elliot at the other end. Hands were extended and the blessing was asked. Rose served her father first, then the others.

In between mouthfuls, Elliot declared, "Rose this is truly excellent food! You've improved on your recipe, which was great before. Alan, I believe you're going to have to keep a close watch on your waistline."

"Thank you, D... Father," Rose responded, catching herself, then looking at Alan's face. He was cutting her a lot of slack tonight and showed no notice of her near faux pas.

"Yeah, Mom, this is fantastic!"

"Truly I tell you this, Rose, I've never had a better meal," Alan averred.

"Gosh, but all this praise could go to a woman's head if she wasn't careful," Rose teased. Everyone around the table smiled and returned to enjoying supper.

When the meal was over, Maggie and Rose took what few leftovers remained into the kitchen. Rose indicated with a jerk of her head for Alan to take Elliot to the living room for their discussion. With a bottle of beer in hand, the men sat in the living room. Alan's eyes flickered over the bare space on the top of the mantle where Laura's picture had sat. He sighed and turned his attention back to Elliot.

"Elliot, I wanted to start by saying that I am truly apologetic for not asking your blessing to ask Rose to marry me." Elliot inclined his head, accepting the apology as Alan continued. "I simply got caught up in the thrill of finding someone so compatible to help me get on with my life. I realize that's not the greatest of explanations, but it's all that I have for now. So, in the interest of family harmony, may I please have your blessing to have your daughter, Rosalie, to be my wedded wife?"

Elliot took a big drink of his beer and replied, "Alan, that's all I really wanted to hear from you; a polite, well-phrased request. Your character is beyond reproach, and the love I can see in Rose's eyes for you tells me that she would be very upset with me if I were to say, 'No'. She would go ahead and marry you anyways, sort of like she did with Ron. You and I did not get off to the best of relations during your exit interview. I respect your fortitude so much for not giving me what I wanted that day. I cannot truly express how saddened I was and still am that you felt you needed to leave our company's employment."

Alan nodded in affirmation of Elliot's words and happened to spy Rose and Maggie peeking around the doorway then ducking back out of sight as they listened. "Thank you for that, Elliot."

"Now, shall we invite our eavesdropping ladies to come join us?" Elliot asked with a smile.

"How did you know, Daddy?" Rose asked, slipping in to sit on Alan's lap as he sat in his chair. Maggie glided in to sit up against Elliot, who pulled her to his side with one arm around her.

"Rosie, I always know when you're trying to spy on me."

"Father, please try not to call me 'Rosie' anymore."

"Very well, Rosalie Annette, I will try not to do that again. But old habits die hard sometimes, you know." Elliot looked directly at Rose, trying to communicate by sight only. Refocusing his attention on Alan, Elliot continued.

"I was able, finally, to get the information I desired during my visit with Sam Roberts and Bob Ryan today. Information that I feel obliged to share with you now.

"Maria Villamonte has been let go from her position with my company. It turns out that she had been having a long-term relationship with Bob Ryan and has become pregnant with his child. Bob also has been terminated from his position. Maria and Bob have been permitted to resign from their positions, and as such will receive neutral to positive recommendations to future employers. But they know they've been 'sacked'."

"And this affects me how?" Alan inquired, although he had a good idea where this was going.

"Bob admitted that Maria had suspicions of being pregnant, and together they set her sights on the very best available man she could entrap: you. It was only after your departure that the pregnancy was confirmed."

Alan's eyes widened at Elliot's words. "You mean that Bob knew she was lying about everything she claimed about our date?"

With a wry smile, Elliot nodded. "Indeed, he did. In fact, they had planned out much of that. You did not cooperate with their plans, so she started her smear campaign among the women of the office."

"Does Alan have any recourse?" Rose inquired, a bit incensed that Alan would be used by people he thought were his friends. Alan, suspecting Elliot had more to share, kept silent. He would not have taken any action against Maria or Bob. It just wasn't within him.

"Does he really need any, Rose? He avoided the trap being set for him and he landed on his feet with a very sizable increase in both responsibility and compensation, right Alan?"

"But the mental anguish caused by that bitch and that slime..." she began. Elliot held up his hand to forestall anything further from Rose.

"Alan could possibly seek some financial compensation from the individual parties, but it would not be in anyone's best interest to pursue it. I have a 'separation bonus' for him if he gives me his word, on his sacred honor, not to take this any further or say anything outside of our family." Elliot extracted a check from his suit coat pocket and handed it to Alan. Rose intercepted it and her eyes bulged as she saw the amount. It was a personal check from Elliot to Alan for $25,000.

"Elliot, thank you. My initial reaction is that it's not necessary. But," and Alan held up his hand to forestall Elliot's words, "I will need to talk this over with Rose. I make it a policy not to turn down money from parents, as I have tried to teach this to my sons as well." Alan smiled at this, as did Elliot. "I have no plans to seek retribution from either of those parties nor is your company at fault for this. God will provide His judgment when the time is right."

"So, Father, why did you think I would be affected by this information?" Rose asked.

"Merely to validate the sagacity of your choice of Alan as your husband, my sweet. That, plus I'm sure you'll have input on how best to allocate that money."

"Again, Elliot, I need to discuss this with Rose. But for now, I promise you, on my sacred honor, that this will remain within the family and I will not seek recourse from Maria, Bob, or your company."

"That's good enough for me," Elliot declared.

"Are we all good here now?" Rose asked. Getting nods from both Alan and Elliot, she got off Alan's lap and declared, "My mother would like us to video call her tonight. Like now, please." Elliot grimaced, closed his eyes, and slowly dropped his chin to his chest.

"Grandpa! Are you all right?" Maggie was becoming concerned, then Elliot gave a little snort.

"Yes, pun'kin, I'm fine. Your grandma is going to try to tear a strip from my hide for coming here by myself. I didn't tell her where I had to go on this trip, only that I'd be back tomorrow."

"I'll hold your hand throughout the call, grandpa. It will be all right. If she gets a little angry, it's only words. I'm sure she loves you and will forgive you if you promise to bring her next time you come to visit," Maggie assured him. Sighing in resignation to his fate, Elliot allowed Maggie and Rose to grasp his hands and pull him to his feet.

"I'll go get the laptop set up," Alan volunteered.

= = =

Tom walked back to the apartment from school in darkness. The streetlights were on and the sidewalks had all been cleared of any accumulated winter precipitation. The cold hurried his steps, as did the thought of Julie making supper. They were still working the kinks out of their shared duties, and it should have been his turn to prepare supper. He did not know what she would be making, but in his experience in the nearly three weeks they had been in the apartment, Julie was a very good cook. He was certain whatever she made would be wonderful.

Bruce Parker's truck was already in the driveway when Tom walked up. 'Perhaps we should invite Bruce down for supper some night. He seems to eat a lot of carryout meals,' Tom mused. They had only spoken with their landlord a couple of times briefly, in passing, since they moved in on the first. 'I'm sure when we start grilling outside the scent will be irresistible.'

He entered the apartment and closed the front door quickly to try to keep the cold out. Tom hung his coat by the front door on a rack that had come from the Lawsons' apartment in Centreville. The smell of the baking chicken in the casserole dish with rice and vegetables assailed his nose, and his mouth began to moisten in anticipation.

"Tom, is that you?" Julie called out from the kitchen.

"Yeah, Jules. Who else could it have been? The door was locked."

"Well..., " she began, and he quickly crossed the small expanse to pull her into his arms.

"Well?" Tom asked.

"I made a command decision tonight. I know we had talked about it right after we moved in, but I invited Bruce to come to supper tonight."