Synchronicity for Six Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She saved the information to a file, then set it aside. She needed to start reviewing the January numbers in preparation for her meeting with the Board of Directors on Wednesday.

= = =

Maggie's cell phone rang, indicating Katie was calling. A grin crossed Maggie's face as she thought about what she had learned that day.

"Hiya, Katie!" Maggie greeted her friend.

"Hey, there, Mags. I'm leaving the high school now. I'll be by to get you in like 20 minutes."

"Cool beans. I'll be ready and waiting. See ya soon!"

"Bye."

Maggie was starting to become excited about learning to drive. When Julie was attending Centreville High, the school system still offered Driver's Education during the summer. But budget cutbacks and skyrocketing insurance costs killed that summer school offering. Many families resorted to a paid driving school. But Rose could not swing that for her youngest. Maggie would still need to get a Learner's permit, but for that day, just around in the church's parking lot, she would be fine with Katie.

Katie pulled into the driveway just before 3 PM, and Maggie was out the door like she was shot from a cannon. It was less than ten minutes to drive to the church, but it seemed like nearly an eternity for Maggie. Before they got out to swap places, Katie put her hand on Maggie's arm.

"Margaret Kathleen," she intoned, and the use of the formal names indicated her seriousness, "we need to talk about stuff first." Maggie nodded her head and stilled herself to listen to her new friend's words.

Among the topics initially raised, Katie stressed the fact that the brake pedal was Maggie's very best friend in the car. She explained that Maggie should use only her right foot for both the brake and the accelerator so that only one at a time could be applied. Fortunately, the small, older model Ford had an automatic transmission, so there was no need to learn to coordinate the use of a clutch. She also pointed out the gear shift between them, what the parking brake was used for and how to apply and release it, and how to adjust the mirrors, seat, and steering column. After having Maggie repeat back what Katie had said, they got out to trade places. Maggie couldn't let it just go at that and wrapped Katie up in a huge hug of thanks before getting in.

"And the very first thing, Maggie, is to fasten your seatbelt."

The girls drove around the parking lot for just over half an hour, and by the end of that time, Maggie seemed much more comfortable behind the steering wheel. Only once did she mistake the brake for the accelerator, and fortunately she never accelerated when she meant to stop. Maggie called a halt to her session with, "How do you ever remember all the things to be looking for?"

Katie smiled and answered, "The same way you get to Carnegie Hall; practice, practice, practice. Shall we head back to your home for some evil Trigonometry?"

"If you're up for it, so am I."

= = =

The first words out of her mouth when he came in the door were: "Tom, I'd like to talk with you about something." It was 5:30 and Julie had been home for a while. The scents of taco night assailed his nose while her words rattled around between his ears. He dropped his backpack below the coat rack, locked the door, then hung up his coat and stocking hat.

Julie came out of the kitchen and his eyes bulged while his jaw dropped. She was in a 50's style dress he had never seen her wear before and wearing a full apron to prevent accidental messes. She stood taller, wearing heels, and her legs glistened with her nylons. Her heels clicked on the floor as she walked up to him. Stunned into immobility, all Tom could do was stand there as his girlfriend wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a deep, loving kiss with plenty of promise. He scented her perfume and his mind reeled. Reflexively, he wrapped his arms around her back and pulled her tightly to him. After a couple of minutes of this, she pulled back and smiled shyly at him.

"Do you like it?" she asked.

Tom pulled her back against him, his swiftly stiffening cock becoming quite evident, and retorted, "Do you even have to ask? What's this all about, Jules?"

"I'm just playing, my love. I do want to talk with you, though. Go wash up and meet me at the table for supper."

Tom headed for the bathroom to scrub his hands, and inspiration struck him in reaction. After drying his hands, he diverted into his bedroom. Quickly stripping, he slipped on his silk boxers. He put on his good white button-down Oxford shirt and his suit, along with black dress socks and his better shoes. Then he gave a single spritz of his 'Business Man' cologne and put on a tie. Just something else she would have to remove to get to her prize. Quietly closing the bedroom door, he walked to the entrance to the kitchen and stood there, taking everything in.

Julie was placing the last of the meal on the table when she looked up. Now it was her turn to pick her jaw up off the floor.

"Honey, I'm home," Tom called out.

Julie couldn't help herself, but she gave a little squeal of delight and rushed to crush her body against his. Her face went right up against his neck and the cologne struck her hard. She pulled his head down to hers and soon they were engaged in an expression of their affection for each other. 'Oh, fuck supper!' she thought. She started to lead him to their bedroom, but Tom stopped her.

"Come, my love, let's eat this wonderful supper you've prepared for us. Let me grab the candles and we can make this a truly romantic meal." For all of his living in a world of facts and numbers, Tom had a truly romantic soul.

Tom reached behind Julie and untied her apron, removed it, and folded it up to lay by the sink. He led her to the table and pulled out her chair. Once she was seated, he pushed her closer to the table, then gracefully handed her a napkin. He found the Aim-n-Flame in a drawer, and soon two candles were providing the only light they needed.

Tom served them, then apologized for only having water. It seemed as though recent guests had consumed the small amount of wine they typically kept on hand.

"That's related to some of the things I wished to speak about, Tom. Do you suppose we could take it upon ourselves to be sure there was beer and wine on hand for when our friends visit? I believe that John turns 21 at the end of March, and Dawn does so about a month later."

Tom chewed on his food and thought before saying anything.

"As long as we restrict the alcohol to this apartment, or yard when the weather gets better, I wouldn't have a problem with that. Beer and wine can get expensive, though, and we did give our parents a food budget as part of our rationale for getting out of the dorms and into this place. But I suppose we could contribute to their delinquency in a very limited fashion. It would be considerate to find out what they prefer to drink, provided they contribute to the purchase of it."

"That's great, honey. Now, can we have them come to supper on Friday night?"

Tom smiled broadly at her question. "As long as it doesn't make us sound like we're gonna eat them. 'We're having some good friends for supper this weekend.'" Tom tried to sound sinister.

"You goof! I spoke to Dawn at lunch today. It sounds like Renée has been given the heave-ho from school, after her demonstration on Friday afternoon." Tom recalled the conversation with Dawn which ended with his words for Dawn to get out of her room.

"Does Dawn know who her new roommate will be?" Tom asked.

"She is now the proud and happy occupant of a single for the rest of this semester," Julie shared.

"So, they won't need to use our guest room?"

"Not as much, I guess. They still have those twin beds. You know how comfortable they found my mom's old queen-sized bed. Besides, didn't you enjoy having them over for that weekend?" Julie gave a small pout.

"I did, especially the game playing. I felt a bit awkward hearing them enjoy themselves. I guess I prefer to experience our intercourse, not observe others'. That's probably one reason I never got much out of porn. I am very glad we were able to help Dawn in her dire situation with Renée. Are you done with your meal?" he inquired, changing gears quickly.

"Yeah, for now. I'm gonna want my dessert pretty soon, though, so let's get this picked up, shall we?" Julie licked her lips suggestively which caused a twitch in Tom.

They quickly packed up the leftovers and left the dishes in the sink. Julie extended her hand which Tom accepted, and she led him out of the kitchen. Looking around, Tom saw nothing amiss, so he blew out the candles, turned off the lights, and took Julie's hand once again as she led them to their bedroom.

= = =

The first words out of her mouth when he came in the door were: "Alan, I'd like to talk with you about something." It was 5:30 and Rose had been home for long enough to get supper started. The scents of taco night assailed his nose while her words rattled around between his ears. He dropped his briefcase below the coat rack, then hung up his coat. At least she hadn't said, 'Alan, we need to talk.'

"Where are you, my love?" Alan inquired.

"In the kitchen, making supper. It's taco night, in case your nose is clogged."

"I'll be right there."

He heard voices coming from the media room, so he poked his head inside to see Maggie and Katie sitting on the sofa. It looked like Maggie was keeping her side of the bargain she had struck, and Alan smiled at the girls.

"Hello, Katie. Magpie, did you have a good day?" he asked.

"Hiya, Dad. Yeah, Katie and I drove around the church's parking lot for a bit, then came here so I could help her with her Trigonometry."

"Evil Trigonometry," Katie chimed in.

"Are you staying for supper, Katie?" Alan probed. "It's taco night."

"I believe that was the plan, sir," Katie answered.

"Very good. We'll let you know when it's ready." Alan then retreated, closing the pocket door softly.

He then went to the kitchen where Rose was preparing the delicious smelling repast. He crept up behind her, not especially quietly so as not to startle her, then wrapped his arms around her from behind. He kissed the back of her neck and migrated to just below her right ear. Her behind began to sway against his front as she began to try to wiggle away while remaining connected. His body reacted predictably and Rose became aware of a beast she was encouraging.

Turning the stove burner off, she turned around in his grasp and connected her mouth to his in a very passionate kiss. They broke apart at a soft, 'ahem' coming from the doorway behind them. Maggie and Katie were watching; Maggie with a big smile, and Katie with wide eyes of surprise.

"Um, supper's about ready, ladies. Why don't you go wash up?"

"Sure thing, Dad!" And the girls disappeared, giggling, to the ground floor powder room.

"So, Rose, my love, what did you wish to discuss?"

"It's rather important, Alan, but it will wait until later. I just wanted to get on your agenda."

"You ARE my agenda, Rose. Never doubt that. Now, what can I take to the dining table?"

Maggie and Katie were washing their hands in the powder room on the main floor. Katie looked at Maggie in the mirror and just shook her head in amazement.

"What? What's the matter?" Maggie demanded.

"You called him 'Dad'! They're not married yet."

"Very true, but he will become my stepdad once they are. And he already loves me and treats me like his daughter. I have never had a relationship with my 'sperm donor', so he's like the only dad I've ever had. David already calls her 'momma', so why not? The six of us are already blending into a new family."

"It's just that your mom and Mr. Harrison were carrying on like that," Katie admitted. "How can they be so public about all that?"

Maggie turned to face Katie, looking her squarely in the eye.

"That wasn't public, Katie, that was inside our home. They're engaged to each other, you know."

"Yeah, I was there on Christmas Eve. I was in tears."

"Well, they're both demonstrative people. David tells me that Alan is more so since he met Mom."

"Well, my mom would never allow my dad to do that, not in the kitchen in front of God and everyone."

Maggie stifled a laugh while thinking, 'You would have a heart attack if you'd heard them this morning.' Aloud, she replied, "I think it's wonderful that they found each other and can show their affection. Dad doesn't do that to Mom while they're in public. They do demonstrate their affection in public, just in acceptable ways like holding hands or kisses on the cheek. You should see them dancing together. It's almost like they're having sex while standing up."

Katie's face flamed in embarrassment. "Maggie!"

"Come on, Katie. It's 2021, not 1921. We'd best get out there to help curtail their rampant affection for each other before it flagrantly boils over."

= = =

Tom scooped Julie into his arms, taking her completely by surprise. He had to carefully shuffle sideways through the bedroom doorway. He laid her down, sideways, on their bed and slowly removed her heels. With little clunks, they dropped to the floor and he considerately massaged her feet. Julie was purring in contentment in next to no time.

Tom stood back and examined his girlfriend. He squinted his eyes and stroked his chin in reflection, as well as checking out his stubble, which was minimal. Julie sat up and looked back at him.

"I don't recall you ever wearing that dress, Jules."

"Yeah, I bought it today. When my classes were done, I drove downtown to the Goodwill store to look for something special for tonight. I wanted to do a little roleplay of being a 1950's housewife. This worked pretty well, don't you think?"

"You pulled it off really well, my jewel. How much of your allowance did it set you back?" he asked.

"The dress was a whopping $5.00. The necklace and bracelet were another $1.00 each, and the clip-on earrings were fifty cents. So, for your special night, I expended the incredible sum of $7.50." She reached up and unclipped the earrings then handed them to him. He turned and placed them in her jewelry box on the dresser, then spun back to her.

"I'm so glad to see you spared no expense on my account," he teased. He stepped toward her, reaching and gesturing for her to turn around to give him access to the back of her dress. She shook her head, humming "unh-uh", and reached for his belt.

"Let me do this for you, honey."

She undressed him, placing each piece of his suit back on its hanger and tossing his shirt to the floor. Her eyes lit with delight at the sight and feel of his silk boxers, which she left on him.

"Now you may do the honors, Tom." She offered her back to him, but he reached for the bracelet first. Placing it and the necklace in her jewelry box next to the earrings, he returned his attention to the button and zipper of her dress. His eyes widened with surprise at the full slip she wore under the dress and gleamed with delight at her lack of a bra. He found an empty hanger for her dress and another one for her slip.

Returning to her, he reached around from behind to cup and fondle her breasts while pressing his solid erection into her panty‑clad rear. He lowered his head to her neck and ear and began to kiss her softly in those very sensitive areas. Julie wiggled her rump against his inflated member as she danced a bit in her nervousness.

Before pulling her onto the bed, he bent down to pick up his shirt and draped it over the lamp to add some ambiance to the room. They spent the better part of two hours just kissing and fondling and loving each other.

= = =

Alan packed up the leftovers, relegating them to the refrigerator, while Maggie and Rose bid Katie a farewell. Rose wrapped an arm around Maggie's shoulder as they watched the car's lights disappear down the street.

"I think that went very well, don't you?" Rose inquired.

"Yes, I do. My heart goes out to her for what she has to return to at home, though."

"I understand, sweetie. And we will continue to do what we can for her without interfering with her relationship with her parents. For now, just be her friend. I think she needs you more than you need her. You've matured a lot since starting your job at Johnson's Jewelers; even more than you were up in Centreville. Sometimes I miss that dependency," Rose admitted.

"I'll always need you, Mom." Maggie gave Rose a great big hug and a noisy kiss on the cheek. "From the looks you and Dad were giving each other over supper, I think it would be wisest if I were to make myself scarce. I need to talk with David anyways. Is there anything I should share with him?"

"Just that I received and understood his message about Friday. Don't stay up too late, young lady."

"Don't keep me up too late then, Mom," Maggie retorted. Giving an insouciant grin, Maggie quickly kissed Rose on the lips and scampered up the stairs.

Rose returned to the kitchen to see Alan mopping up some stray water on the counters. She cozied up and hugged him from behind.

"If you keep that up, Alan, you'll make a fine wife for somebody someday," she teased.

"I'd much rather be a finer husband for you," he answered. Her heart leaped at his words. "Okay, so, this discussion we need to have. Have it here or upstairs?"

"Let's heat some water for tea or hot chocolate and then sit here at the table. I need to grab some information I brought home first, if you would be so kind as to handle the water heating. Please remember the marshmallows for the cocoa." They convened at the kitchen table after she returned with her notes. Alan was using the coffee maker to heat the water so that took a few minutes longer.

"Okay, honey, you have your captive audience now. What's on your mind?" Alan asked.

Rose wasn't exactly certain how to have this conversation, as some of the points could be sensitive. She opted for a more leading-the-witness type of guided thinking.

"Over the Thanksgiving holiday, the six of us managed to stay here for a couple of nights, but Tom and Julie were sort of camping out in the living room as I recall.

"Do you recall the following weekend when Maggie and I came down so I could interview for the AgCU General Manager position, when we became 'engaged to be engaged'?" She waited for his acknowledgment then continued. "Do you also remember that one of the things we talked about was the living arrangements when the girls and I moved to Middleburg?"

"Yes, my love, I recall we discussed many things about our hopes and plans for the future over that weekend. I seem to remember you looking for a short-term rental close to here."

"And you said that we both should start looking for a place to share with at least four bedrooms and three full bathrooms," Rose reminded him. Alan frowned a little at her words. She continued. "Alan, don't you think it was a bit crowded here between Christmas and New Year's, what with all the extra clothes and sundry things?"

"Perhaps a little. But every head had a pillow to lay upon, and between the living room, the media room, the dining room, and David's studio in the basement, nobody was having to sit in somebody's lap. I think we made it work for all six of us."

"Right. We made it work because we knew it was a short-term situation. Until they have their own place, like Tom will after he graduates, our home will still be our children's home. I don't think Tom knows yet where he will be working, and Julie won't know where she's student teaching until right before their lease ends. We both know of Tom's plan for proposal and marriage; David's will likely be similar."

"So, what are you driving at, Rose? You know I don't like to be forced into a choice that really isn't a choice, nor do I like to be led about by the nose," Alan declared.