System Restore Ch. 02

Story Info
A brother rebuilds his sister.
9.2k words
4.67
17.7k
63

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 11/19/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
shakna
shakna
1,843 Followers

% Anxiety Warning. Cease current activity immediately, SARA.

Being outside was anything but fun for Sara.

She clenched a fist, trying to ignore the dumb ass hardware shoved inside her skull. Tried to ignore it just like she was trying to ignore the people stopping and staring. The people snapping photos of her to post on social media.

The real life Platinum Girl.

She felt self-conscious. The neck on her sweater might go all the way up, but she knew there were hairline scars hiding along her jawline. Something a person might miss, but a camera wouldn't.

Scars behind her ears, and a huge network off them hiding on her scalp. Hell, if she rolled up her sleeves then she'd be showing off a dozen reminders of just how much surgery she'd needed just to stay alive.

Her eyes could seem normal from a distance, but the flash of a camera wouldn't reflect right. It would pick her out from a crowd, any crowd, instantly.

% Anxiety Warning. Cease current activity immediately, SARA.

"Just keep breathing." Rik said quietly, "The line is small, we're nearly into the park."

"Like that'll help." She rolled her eyes, "Just 'cos a place says no photos ain't mean anyone is going to listen to the signs, wrench monkey."

Sara wasn't a stranger to the camera. She had walked more than a few runways, and glad handed more than a few clients. She knew how to perform like a... Well, model.

However, her idea of what was important, and what wasn't, had changed since she'd had her life torn away from her. She wasn't going to live for anyone else because she had barely been living, even after everything that Rik had done for her.

"Do you want to go home?"

% Anxiety Warning. Cease current activity immediately, SARA.

Sara smiled at him, "No. Love it if you could shut the thing up without me having to announce to everyone what I'm feeling."

He tapped at his watch, "Done. We've got an hour or so, before it bugs you again. So, just the Ferris wheel?"

"For starters." She shrugged, "Do you think they have candyfloss? I hate the taste, and it'll send this stupid thing berserk that I'm eating pure sugar, but it looks cute."

Rik chuckled, "Does a theme park have candyfloss? Is the Pope, Catholic?"

"Debatable." She teased, and grinned and grabbed his hand. Squeezing it to try and reassure him that she was okay, but mostly doing it as an excuse to touch him.

She had never been much for touching. She liked her personal space, even before everything had happened. However, if she was going to tease Rik enough to break him and make him see her as a woman and exactly nothing else, then she needed to start with touch.

Skin on skin contact. It was a primal thing. When she was a model, a laugh, a tuck of her hair behind her ears, and a touch to a client's wrist or elbow and she could turn a cancelled contract into an extended one.

Rik might not notice when she waved her tits in his face every time he burst in during the mornings, but holding hands wasn't a technical thing. Which hopefully meant he wasn't sitting there and going technical mode on her.

"Wanna see if we can get kicked off the bumper cars, again?" She said innocently, trying to encourage him to talk about their date.

He squeezed her hand back, "I can see the headlines already. Platinum Girl crushes innocent engineer. Evicted from park."

She smiled at him, "Aw, you're no fun."

"How about we try something that doesn't require reflexes? We could do the shooting gallery." Rik subtly hinted she might have another car crash. He was right, she wasn't ready for that.

Sara nodded slowly, "So long as I can win something for beating you. And it's a poor workman who blames his tools. Just getting that in now before you blame the air rifle."

"Confident, aren't we?" He laughed, "So, what did you have in mind?"

She shrugged innocently, whilst inside she was screaming for victory. "Oh, I'll just make you do something. Loser has to do one thing the winner says."

"Like what?"

Sara shook her head, "It's no fun if you draw up the lines. You're just going to have to trust me. What do you say, Rik? Obviously, I trust you to lose for me."

He squeezed her hand again and laughed, "Okay, you're on. Before or after the wheel?"

"Before. Let's make you giving me a very, very late twenty first present the climax of our day." She grinned at him. "So... Guns and candyfloss. Anything you've been wanting to do?"

He shrugged, "Today is all about you. No rehab. No complaining. Pretending I'm not your technician and not watching for a glitch."

"Hmm. Pretend that you're my big brother?" Sara teased, "Nah. That's going too far. Too unrealistic. A boyfriend at a stretch, but you're -"

She stopped as she saw the hurt in his eyes and dropped her shoulders. She took a deep breath, "Fuck's sake. Where's the censor malfunction when I'm busy tonguefucking myself into an early grave? I'm sorry."

% Low endorphins detected. Administrating, SARA.

He didn't answer, giving her the silent treatment like always. She felt sick and giddy, as he turned away from her. The line shuffled up to the window and he swiped the two of them inside. The boppy girl behind the counter wearing a Captain Mecha cosplay welcomed them excitedly, "Enjoy your stay! And sweet Platgirl costume."

Sara cracked Rik's knuckles as she squeezed his hand.

"Just go with it." He whispered, "Better to be in cosplay than be recognised, right?"

She had tried to dress up like a normal woman. Her pretty black turtleneck sweater, over the top of a black quilted leather skirt, before hiding her legs in brilliant white thigh-highs. She should have looked like someone dolled up for a date, not someone on life support.

Exactly what part of her was cosplay? Her own damn face?

Sara knew, of course. It was the eyes. At a distance, she could pass for an ordinary blonde, but up close people could see inside the irises, see the circuits inside her glass eyes.

"S'pose." She muttered, "I'm feeling pissy. Can we start with something I really shouldn't be eating?"

Rik flicked at his watch, "Aaand dietary restrictions... Disabled. What were you thinking?"

"Burger! Burger!" She said, spotting a cafe and her mouth watering. She held on tight to him and raced him through the crowds. Bouncing up to the end of the line to get in. "Six months since I've been allowed fucking meat! I mean, your substitutes are edible, but fuck!"

Rik laughed at her, "Cravings, much."

"Shuddup."

He frowned and then smiled, "Probably shouldn't tell you, then, how most of those late nights with Okka? He and I order in. Nothing like a 2AM burger and fries for the soul."

"Oh, fuck you." She laughed at him. "I get veggie pizza and you get a slab of cow? Totally unfair."

"Mostly lab grown, if that counts."

"Perfectly marbled moo. Toootally better." She glared at him.

Another park employee, also in a Mecha costume bounced up to them, "Table for two? Right this way! Oh, if you're interested, there's a costume competition today. Yours is fantastic! First prize is a ride around on the jet, and two nights accommodation."

Sara went to swear like a sailor, but bit her tongue. Maybe she could just go as herself. She doubted that she'd win, but two nights in a hotel instead of her bed sounded awesome. And if she played her cards right, she wouldn't be spending it alone. "Sounds like fun."

"Can I ask how you did the eyes? Most people use holo filters, but they never look right." The waitress sounded genuinely curious.

She buried a laugh as she nodded beside her, "Oh, Rik made it all. I just dress up and play the part."

"Your boyfriend is an awesome maker." The waitress replied, "Here we are, and two menus. Lemme know when you're ready, sweetie."

Sara looked at Rik's angry red face as they sat down, "What? I'm just playing along. It's like you said. Better than being recognised."

"Boyfriend. I'm your brother."

% Anxiety Warning. Cease current activity immediately, SARA.

She shrugged innocently, "Who has seen every inch of me naked, and popped my cherry. I can see why people might get confused."

He groaned and rubbed at his eyes, "Why did I tell you that?"

"So I could tease you shitless." She tapped her order, confirming it, "You going to pick something? I can't wait. I feel like a carnivore. It's been ages."

"Not that hungry." Rik shook his head, selecting a drink and waving to let their waitress know that they were ready. Though she probably already knew. "You really want to be in the competition?"

"No. But staying would be cool." Sara shrugged.

"Oh."

She groaned, "Goddamn it. Spit it out, wrench monkey."

"Your bed is unique. I haven't really thought about you staying over anywhere, before." Rik said sheepishly, "We've got a recharge pack at the lab, but that's kinda built into the wall."

Sara showed her disappointment and sighed, running a hand through her hair, "It's fine. I get it. I just thought... It'd be fun. Doesn't matter. I've got the Ferris wheel to look forward to."

He shrugged, "Sorry. I'll add sleepovers to my list of things to fix."

"No engineer. After all, you're my maker boyfriend." She tried to flirt but saw it instantly fall flat. Not because he was annoyed, but because his eyes had glazed over and he was thinking about how he could possibly make it happen for her.

She kicked him under the table, "I mean it!"

% VIOLENCE recorded. A REPORT has been filed, SARA.

"The fuck was that?" Her eyes went wide, "Please tell me it just waved you."

Rik cringed, and shook his head, "Uh... No? You got a notification?"

"I think it just reported me to the cops." Her stomach dropped.

He furrowed his brows, "It what? There's nothing that would... Oh shit. The wave system. We hijacked a domestic abuse subsystem as a cheap way to get waves from it whenever something bad happens. Like you going non-responsive."

"It actually reported me!?" She said in concern.

Rik shrugged, "Maybe? It probably waved Okka. I'd need to tap the port on your neck to find out. Which will probably give this cosplay thing away."

"I don't wanna deal with the cops!" She hissed at him.

"Your burger, sweetie, and your lemonade." The waitress cluelessy rolled up, putting down the food and hugging her tray, "You don't... Have a site do you? Somewhere I could get a custom order? My boyfriend is really into the Plat-shtick."

"Fuck off." Sara said through gritted teeth, beginning to panic.

Rik stood up, predictably pulling a cable out of his pocket. Of course he was carrying some gear. "Sorry. Sara's having a hard time. She's not cosplaying."

He plugged the cable into the back of her neck and pulled out his phone, hooking into her. The waitress went wide eyed and leaned down in front of her, staring, "Oh, I'm a dumbass. I'm sorry. I had no idea that -"

"Your boyfriend likes pretending to be me, whilst fucking you." Sara said flatly, "You really want to go down the fangirl aisle, right now? I'm nothing special. Just a girl. I didn't need to think about how many guys are jacking off to me."

The waitress cringed, "Yup. Didn't think of it that way. I'm sorry. That sucks. I'll leave you alone."

% Wave receiveGURXRLVF YBIRVFUNEQ

"Ow!" Sara snapped as she felt a shock to her spine, "The fuck are you doing back there, Rik?"

He sucked on his fingers, "Burning myself. That shouldn't have happened... But I can't see anything wrong. It sent the wave to DHS. I'm trying to follow up, but their chat have no idea what I'm talking about."

"So much worse than cops." She winced.

"Mm."

Sara frowned, "I guess we'll deal with it later. Can I sulk with my food, yet?"

He pulled the cable, causing another static shock to her, "Uh... Sure. Sorry. I just never -"

"I'm complicated, Rik. I get it." She interrupted, "Sit down and help me feel human, again."

The waitress hovered a moment longer, before leaving. Sara was pretty sure that everyone was going to know who she was, now. She glumly bit into her burger.

% Dietary Restriction Warning. CONSUMABLE is not COMPATIBLE with current weight restrictions, SARA.

"I'm not fat." She mumbled through her mouthful.

He smiled at her sadly, "I know you're finding things hard, Sara, but you still look every part the model, to me. The weight stuff... It's just for the rehab. Rebuilding muscles. Not a comment on you."

"I noticed, earlier." She teased him, smiling, "Wasn't all the video."

"Sara..."

"I'm not offended." She shrugged, and bit into her burger again. Pretending to be casual whilst she was kicking herself for going way too far, way too fast. Rik was barely willing to acknowledge she was pretty. She couldn't afford to make it about sex yet.

He rubbed his eyes again, "Still going to want candyfloss, after this?"

"Duh." She laughed at him, "Just because I'm all grown up doesn't mean that I think acting that way all the time is fun. I want candyfloss and prizes and... And it'd be a really shit idea to ride an actual rollercoaster, wouldn't it?"

"Very." He said gravely.

She shrugged, "I'll settle for prizes. I know you're getting me my awesome birthday present later... But after I do the cosplay thing, can we try and win a plush? Something cute."

"I was a student. You're really talking up something shitty." Rik said carefully.

Sara shrugged, "It's from you. That means it matters. I really... I really am sorry I was such a bitch to you, that day. A pop ring would probably make me cry, Rik."

"It wasn't exactly your fault."

She smiled at him, "Reasons kinda feel irrelevant, now. I missed out time with you. I'm still missing out on time with you. Even when you're here, you're not always. You saved me... And you're still trying to save me."

"It isn't like things are bug-free or you can do anything, yet."

Sara shrugged again, "I know. I'm not saying you don't have a good reason. But you've been telling me to think about modelling, again. And I have a zero risk chance to try it in this competition, and you haven't even realised it, wrench monkey."

"Oh." Rik looked guilty.

She finished off the burger, having wolfed it down in record time, and then held out a chip to him, "Say, ah."

"I'm not hungry."

Sara made a hurt face and tossed it into her mouth, "Your dear sister was offering you an item of her beloved treasure trove. Wow. You can be cruel."

Rik sighed heavily, "What the hell are you doing? Why are we actually here?"

% Anxiety WaRning. Cease current activity immediately, SARA.

The real problem with her brother was that he wasn't a total idiot. He might be easily distracted by gizmos and problems to solve, but he absolutely wasn't an idiot. He knew she'd been acting differently, which also meant he might possibly have an idea as to why.

"Home feels suffocating. That's why we're here." She whispered, knowing he wasn't about to buy her excuse. He had been patient, but his patience for her antics was running out.

Sara stood up, "Pay by wave."

% Payment seNt, SARA.

She shrugged, "Let's just do the Ferris wheel. I've been acting like a spoiled brat."

She gave him a taste of his own medicine, staying quiet and sullen as she went and stood in line. Rik irritated her by barely raising a protest before falling in quietly beside her.

She was getting a sense of deja vu as they lined up, and the sense of the uncanny didn't change much when it was their turn to climb in. Rik sat down quietly and immediately looked away from her and out the window.

Sara couldn't help it, with the absurdity of it all, "Why do we have to ride the stupid Ferris wheel?"

Rik's head snapped around, and then he smiled slowly. They began to move and he reached for his pocket, "Well, five years late, but I do have a present for the birthday girl."

% WAVE receiPLNL

"You thought I was mad at you for peeking at me." She teased, "And every single morning I get mad at you for walking in on me naked. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Cherry thief."

"Oh, for fuck's sake." He grimaced, "Is that why you're pissed at me? Did you really want to discover you had a hymen again, when you woke up?"

She shook her head, "I... I don't actually care about that, Rik. It's fun to tease you. That's all. You thought I was mad at you? You're spoiling me. I thought I was pissing you off."

"Is this wheel cursed with misunderstandings?" Rik sighed heavily, shoulders dropping.

Sara crossed seats, making it sway, and putting her arms around him. She hugged him tight and leaned her head on his shoulder. "I've been holding your hand. Trying to feed you. I've been going out of my way to try and let you inside my personal bubble. What did I do to make you think I was angry?"

"Does it matter? I'm just an idiot."

% Anxiety Warning. Cease currENt activity immediately, CJUIP.

"Yes. To both." Sara sighed, hugging him tighter, "Rik... I need to know. Why did you think I was angry at you? I've been holding a hand out, trying to get closer."

He shrugged, "You used to do that, too. When you were mad at me. hold out your hand, but if I took it you'd blow up at me."

"Oh." She remembered, "Yeah. Young me was a bitch who really did like trapping you, huh? I... Rik... How do I put this? You saw my dream, right?"

"Most of it."

Sara watched him carefully, not believing that she was just going to jump right into this. It felt too soon. Like she was probably going to push him away and lose him forever.

Any guy would get a little horny watching a girl masturbate. She couldn't really rely on that as an indicator that he was even open to seeing her as a girl. As a fully fledged woman who wanted more than a platonic friendship.

"Having it play on repeat was torture." Sara whispered, "But... If I say this... Explain this... Promise you won't abandon me? Even if you hate me for it?"

Rik frowned, "Did your memory get scrubbed? There's a world of difference between fantasy and reality. I know that, Sara. I'm not going to judge you a fetish or three. Even if I might awkwardly be one."

"God, you're thick, sometimes." She clenched her eyes shut, "It's not just a fantasy, Rik. Not just a censored."

Sara took a terrified peek at him and felt her heart shatter into a million pieces as she saw the grim look on his face. She let go of him and went to quietly cross back to the other side.

She twisted and fell on her face as one of her legs didn't move. Her jaw hit the rough floor and there was a sharp click as her teeth snapped together. She groaned, and tried to sit up, but her strength just seemed... Gone.

% DAMAGE. Report to INFIRMARY immediately, NRB.

Rik hit the floor beside her, a hand going to the back of her neck. He didn't say anything. Didn't try and reassure her as she began to panic. He just acted like a stupid wrench monkey, forgetting she was an actual person.

She burst into terrified tears.

Sara felt confused as the world around her spun. The floor moved, sinking and rising haphazardly for a moment, like her head was bobbing, and then her vision lifted and she was looking at a girl in pink trackies.

"Aren't you supposed to be studying?" A deep voice emerged from what felt like Sara.

She breathed in sharply as she realised she was somehow remembering the video she and Rik had been half-watching together. Except this wasn't her looking at a phone. This was... Had the system picked the link up from her waves?

"Cancel playback." Sara groaned.

% FATAL. 0 bytes available contiguous extended memory.

"Oh, censored." She winced, "Not again. Rik? Please tell me... Tell me it isn't going to hurt."

Her brother stayed silent.

Sara squeezed her eyes shut, and reappeared in pornland. Being teased by a little sister that she didn't have a girlfriend. She opened her eyes again tiredly, "Changed my mind. I don't think you have good taste anymore. I hate this video... Rik? I... I'm scared."

shakna
shakna
1,843 Followers