System Restore Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nothing. The wrench monkey was busy.

Too busy for her.

% Normal cycle died, SJNIUIN

"Ooh shit. That's bad." She cringed.

Sara gave one final attempt to lift herself up. She felt Rik's hand immediately on her shoulder, pushing her back down. Not telling her not to move. Just shoving her face-first into the floor.

If he had done that on a bed... She probably would have kicked him in the nuts. She liked being manhandled, but not to that extent. All the same, it did turn her mind back to her blind and sexy brother and somewhat away from the fact her life support system was trying to murder her.

% SUPERVISOR ACCESS request GRANTED.

"Woo!" She announced, "The monkey has access! To what, she doesn't know. Because the monkey doesn't say anything. He doesn't see anything. He doesn't hear anyttdyq."

% Low endorphins detected. Administrating, $NAME.

% Low endorphins detected. Administrating, $NAME.

% Low endorphins detected. Administrating, $NAME.

"Oooh censored." Sara laughed, "Now that's a fucking high."

% KERNEL PANIC.

% DUMPING... COmplete.

% INTERRUPT IRQ.

---

% LOAD FFFF0h

% POST... Failure.

% CHECK 0C... FAIL.

% CHECK 1C... FAIL.

% CHECK 20... FAIL.

% INTERRUPT IRQ.

% LOAD FFFF0h

% POST... Success.

% INTERRUPT 19.

%...WHxrZC000hSTART.

% Awakening. Self diagnostic complete. Dream cycle skipped.

% Welcome back, SARA.

She sat up tiredly, feeling the familiar tug as the connection to her spine peeled away, the magnet releasing her. She rubbed her eyes, actually feeling exhausted.

She stretched, wondering why she felt so off. There was something missing about all of this... She wasn't in pain. Not even a little muscle tweak like she usually got, most mornings.

No pain, meant no Rik running in and seeing her naked. Sara wasn't sure what to feel about that. It'd be nice to have the privacy to get dressed on her own, for once. On the other hand, it was the perfect opportunity to tease him.

To make him look at her tits and see something he wanted.

Sara rubbed her head, "Hey... Why can't I remember what I was doing when I fell asleep? And where's the normal notification announcement? I usually have a bunch of spam waves by now. And warnings from you in my sleep."

% You have no unread notifications, SARA.

"Okay... What about my memories? Why the holes?"

% Self diagnostic complete. No problems detected, SARA.

She rolled her eyes at the petulant thing. Of course it thought that there was nothing wrong. It couldn't possibly be wrong. The person actually experiencing crap couldn't possibly know better than the goddamn computer.

She stretched and walked over to her wardrobe, opening it casually and looking at her clothes. Almost all of her cutest outfits looked more than a little abandoned, some even beginning to fade. All because she wasn't confident enough to wear them.

Except, she hadn't left the home in a long time.

The only people who would see her in anything like that was either Rik, or herself. She might hate it, might be too scared to look at herself in a mirror, but the crazy wrench monkey wouldn't care at all.

Sara grinned and pulled out her favourite dress from before. It was a sexy black thing that exposed her ribs and her back. A perfect little V cut open down to the base of her spine, so close to exposing her ass that she had to carefully choose which panties to wear with it.

She hooked her fingers around the plain white cotton panties she was wearing and then froze up. She never wore these. They were boring and uncomfortable. She'd basically just never got around to throwing them in the bin.

Sara slipped them off slowly, feeling an overwhelming desire to slap Rik for changing her whilst she was asleep.

Then she rifled through her underwear drawer until she found what she was looking for. A strapless bra and its set of panties, that she knew went with the dress.

Strapless bras weren't the most comfortable thing in the universe, but the dress had a little inbuilt support as well.

Sara shimmied into the tight thing, feeling where it pulled against her stomach. Maybe the damn thing was right about her needing to watch her weight. Too many pancakes and not enough physical rehab.

She flicked her hair and then grabbed a couple ties from the top of her dresser. She pulled them onto her wrist and then sat on the edge of the bed, braiding her hair into a ponytail.

It was messy with hair sticking out haphazardly. It had been way too long since she'd bothered to do something like this, frustrating her that she'd lost such a basic skill.

Sara tossed it aside, out of my mind, when she couldn't fix it. She opened her door and headed into the kitchen, frowning when there was no Rik, still. He always insisted on making her breakfast, or ordering it. Felt strange not to have him there.

She smiled and pulled open the fridge, looking it over to see if maybe she could make something for the dumb wrench monkey this time. She still planned on yelling at him for changing her underwear, but she didn't half love him.

Brother or... More. She loved him both ways.

"Bacon." She said pulling it out and looking at it, "We've had fucking bacon in the fridge? Oi, system, isn't this where you complain it'll break my diet?"

% Suggested CONSUMABLE is COMPATIBLE with current weight restrictions, SARA.

She scratched her head and tossed the packet to the side, grabbing the eggs and looking at what else there was. If her life support system had suddenly decided to be all sweet, she wasn't about to argue with it.

She shrugged and closed the fridge, and put a pan on the stovetop. She tapped the setting and tossed the bacon in. She cracked the eggs and poured them in on the side.

Whilst that was beginning to cook she crossed to the cupboard and looked for some baked beans, and the loaf of bread. She found a can, because every household had one for some reason, but no bread.

Sara set up a second pan to cook the beans, and then checked the freezer, but it looked like they were out of bread. Her hope of making him something like an English Breakfast was in tatters.

No sausages. No tomatoes. No toast. No mushrooms.

She made a pouting face, and then she noticed the time on the oven, "Whoah. Didn't realise I got up so late. No wonder Rik's not around. System, why the hell did you wake me up at midday, and not the usual time?"

% No alarm was set to wake you, SARA.

"Huh?"

% QUERY not recognised, SARA.

She shook it off, and then looked at the food that was probably going to be wasted by her pigging out, instead of her brother. That felt... Wrong. She'd made it for him.

"Send Rik a wave. Tell him... I woke up late, but tried to cook him a surprise breakfast."

% WAVE failed to send, SARA.

She rolled her eyes, "That's more like the bitch I know. Why the fuck didn't you send the message?"

% WAVE PROVIDER information is REQUIRED, SARA.

She twitched, "You're kidding me. Check my damn phone! I don't remember my login details. That's like... Half your job. Remembering shit."

% PHONE not PAIRED, SARA.

She rubbed her eyes tiredly. Rik had set it up, before he woke her up from surgery. She didn't have a single clue how she was supposed to pair her phone with her support system.

Though... If it wasn't paired with the phone anymore, then it wouldn't be able to send any waves, at all. Or receive them. That would explain why she had no notifications.

She turned the stove top off, and sprinted back to her room, jumping onto the bed and grabbing her phone off the charger. She tapped the screen to life, and gave a sigh of relief.

"Forty seven notifications. That's more like it."

% You have no unread notifications, SARA.

"Shut up. You're wrong." She mused and scrolled through them. Most of them were garbage. News articles, and TV promotions. One of her old friends had just had a new kid, so there was basically an hourly feed of baby photos.

Nothing from Rik, though.

No direct waves at all.

Sara tried not to feel crushed, and typed up a message and sent it off to him, before realising she had no pockets to carry her phone in, and a strapless bra isn't what you want carrying a phone, what with the suction cups.

She walked back to the kitchen and put the phone down before resuming her cooking.

The moment her back was turned, the phone started ringing. She sighed and spun back around, hitting it to answer. "You're on speaker."

"S-Sara?"

She shrugged, "That's me, Rik. Sorry if I caught you in the middle of something. Also, my phone unpaired. Kinda miss the convenience, if my wrench monkey can spare five minutes at some point."

"Call me that, again."

"Wrench monkey?" She asked, and turned the bacon so that it would crisp up nicely. "Say, if you're coming home for lunch, and you still haven't answered that, could you pick up some bread on the way?"

"Holy. Fucking. Shit."

She glanced towards her phone with concern, "You okay, there?"

"No. Not at all."

She winced, "Aw, bugger. Guess I got you at a bad time. I wanna pig out for dinner. And the dietary restrictions on this thing seem to be playing fair, so... Takeaway? Indian or pizza. Your choice, but I'm kinda craving a nice hot curry."

"I'm on my way, right now."

She smiled to herself, "Don't forget the bread."

"Fuck the bread!"

Sara looked at the phone again in surprise, "Geeze. You don't have to get all bent out of shape about it. I was just trying to treat you."

"I wasn't... I didn't..." Rik gave a very long sigh, "I'm almost there. I promise, I'm not trying to be a jerk, Sara. I'll see you soon."

He hung up without waiting for her.

She glared at the phone, looked sideways at the pans of food and considered devouring it before he got there. It'd serve him right. But it might make her point better if she ate it in front of him.

She shrugged and served it up onto one plate. His explanation better be worth it, or she'd be enjoying the hell out of some oink.

Sara took it to the loungeroom, and flicked on the TV and scanned through the headlines. Nothing interesting on the news, so she fired up a comedy show. Just something boring and lighthearted.

About the point where she was getting sick of the laugh track, she heard the clunk of their garage door, and the thunder of Rik sprinting up the stairs at full pace.

She looked over from the lounge and waved as he came in the door, "Hey."

Rik looked bad. He was pale and frightened, as he ran over to her. Sara let out a pained groan as he snapped her head forward and jammed a cord into the back of her neck. "Oi! Fuckin' delicate girl here, wrench monkey! Sheesh. Not like you can pull my hair and get me off."

"S-sorry." He mumbled, "I just... This doesn't... Make any sense."

She rolled her eyes, her chin to her chest, "No shit. Who the fuck said you could change my panties, Rik?"

He crossed in front of her, tapping on his phone, "I... Uh... Re-paired your phone. You can get stuff, now."

"Oi. Look at me. And explain." She said calmly, but firmly.

Her brother looked up with tears in his eyes, "What's the last thing that you remember?"

"Mmm... Eating a burger. And being pissed at you." She shrugged, "There's some memory gap, but according to the system, I'm perfectly fine."

He breathed a sigh of relief, "I scrubbed it. I had to. Sara... You had a bunch of memory corruption, and something went really wrong. You collapsed."

"Oh." She nodded.

He sat down next to her, cupping her cheek in one firm hand, staring at her with his intense eyes, "You've been stuck rebooting for the last three weeks. I thought I'd lost you."

"... Come again?" She felt her heartrate skyrocket.

% Anxiety Warning. Consider CAUTION with current activity, SARA.

"Okka found the glitch. I was an idiot, and I missed it. You've been out for three weeks, and... And I can't tell you why you woke up, this time." He shook his head, "I'm scared."

"You're scaring me." She said tightly, "Can... If I go back to sleep, I ever going to wake up, again?"

"I... I don't know." Rik whispered.

Sara let out a terrified wheeze, and then latched onto him. She buried her head in his shoulder and pulled the solid wrench monkey firmly into her as she burst into tears.

Rik held her loosely, like he was scared to touch her. "It's my fault. It's all my fault."

"No. You saved me." She mumbled into him.

She felt him shake his head, "Not this time. It was Okka. The... The Ferris wheel. We went on it. And... And... And you told me something. Something I wasn't ready to hear. And because I didn't want to hear it again, I didn't look close enough at the data. And I missed the glitch. I couldn't trace it. Okka did. He saved you."

% Anxiety Warning. Consider CAUTION with current activity, SARA.

Sara pulled back from him slowly, "Uh... Something you weren't ready to hear?"

"That there isn't always a difference between fantasy and reality." He said nervously, tip-toeing around it.

She covered her face in her hands, "Oh god, I said I wanted to fuck you, didn't I?"

He drew her hands down, holding them in his own as he looked at her. She saw the patchy hair on his face, just long enough to be soft and not bristling. The tears in his eyes.

He didn't know if she'd wake up again.

Sara took a deeper breath, cursed her life support system, and then leaned forward and planted a kiss on him. It was soft, and brief. Only long enough to tell him that a sister didn't just kiss her brother that way.

She looked away as soon as it was over, not brave enough to see his reaction. She pulled her hands out of his and clenched them in her lap. Swallowing, "Please, don't hate me. Please."

"I love you."

She flinched like she'd been hit, and then the words actually processed. He hadn't told her to fuck off. He hadn't told her off for acting out. He hadn't launched into some spiel about hormones or mechanics.

Sara lifted her gaze back up to him, and she felt herself trembling like a leaf, "Um... Say that again?"

"I love you, Sara."

% Elevated Hormones Detected. Please wait for LUBRICATION before engaging in SEXUAL ACTIVITY, SARA.

She laughed softly at the notification, and grinned at him, "Even this stupid thing knows what comes next. How about the wrench monkey?"

"We... We can't."

She straddled him and put her hands behind his neck, "You don't know why I'm awake. How long we might have."

"It might be a lifetime."

She shrugged, "A lifetime by your side sounds perfect to me, Rik. But we might also have hours. So, shut down your complaint system, and go with it, wrench monkey."

He hesitated, but she didn't. She kissed him again, but this time she tried to french him. Her questing tongue seeking out his, as she pulled his head against hers.

She felt Rik's hands on her bare back. His skin, against hers. She shivered at just how right it felt. This was somehow the best kiss of her life, and he wasn't even kissing her back, yet.

% LUBRICATION complete. You may engage in SEXUAL ACTIVITY, SARA.

Sara quietly teased the tops of his teeth, pulling back and letting him know she wasn't going anywhere. Breathing through her nose as she kissed him, refusing to end it until he actually engaged instead of sitting there in shock.

She was actually kissing her brother. Her hot as hell brother, who had to have just lived through hell. Losing her, for a second time. He'd threaded the needle between madness and genius to bring her back the first time.

She might feel like the system was cursed magic sometimes, but it wasn't. It was science and engineering. Hard work and awe-inspiring skill, from someone who had been too hurt to let her go.

She broke the kiss, smiling at the saliva joining them momentarily, and brushed her mouth with the back of her hand. "Rik. I love you. Completely. I don't know why it took being tortured with a wet dream of you screwing me, for me to realise it, but I do, now. I love you, and I think... I think you've loved me, too. For a while. So... Give me this. Please."

He wordlessly reached up to his neck, and pulled out a necklace that had been hiding under his shirt. It was extremely effeminate. A tiny black cord, and hanging from the end was a single roughly cut stone.

Blue, the same blue that her eyes used to be.

Rik took the gemstone and hung it around her neck, before whispering, "Happy, late, very late, twenty first."

She burst into tears, smiling broadly at him, and grabbing his head to kiss him again, "I love you. Forever. Always."

Rik's soft brown eyes showed an adoration for her, a deep-seated love that made her feel safe. Made her feel that no matter what the world might hold, he was there for her.

Not as her wrench monkey, or as her brother.

Just as hers.

Sara smiled at him, "Say something, moron."

"I'd wreck the moment. Always do." He shook his head.

She rolled her eyes, "Probably true. So I'll go ahead and wreck it, then. As much as I love you staring at me, and I really do... I want you staring... But differently."

"Huh?"

She shook her head, "How do I say this without sounding... You know how you popped my cherry?"

"Oh, god." He groaned tiredly.

% Anxiety Warning. Consider CAUTION with current activity, SARA.

"Do it for real, this time."

His face froze up, and Sara smiled weakly, "Please, don't make me beg. I don't like doing stuff like that. And... Well... Usually I'd blow you. But the thought of another glitch with you in my mouth... That's the stuff of nightmares."

"Agreed." Rik burst out laughing, and then ran a hand up and down her back, "The dress is amazing."

"What about the woman in it?" She raised an eyebrow, sounding more than a little bit annoyed.

"She puts it to shame."

Sara grinned, "Smooth save. So um... How we going to do this?"

"I'm still freaking out. But... I can't believe I'm saying this." He shook his head, "Um... What if I... Ate you out?"

Sara slipped out of his lap, and onto the couch next to him, "God, yes. Time to make your little sister cum for you, Rik. Make your Platinum Girl cum like crazy."

"The hormones might -"

She kicked his leg, "No wrench monkey. Don't you dare spoil it. You're putting your tongue where only my fingers have been. Taking my second virginity."

"You really like that, don't you?"

She shrugged and leaned back, lifting her slender legs and dragging off the tiny thin G-string before tossing it into his lap. "Being able to give you my virginity? And not being so inexperienced that it's going to suck? Yeah. That's hot. But, I think your mouth needs to stop talking."

He stared at her, still hesitating.

Sara sighed heavily, "Oh, come on. I am not going to beg, Rik. I refuse. Just... Go with it. We both want this."

"There's no coming back from this."

She nodded, "That's the point. So stick your tongue inside me. Show me it's useful for more than pissing me off. Don't make me guilt you."

"I still love you." He smiled at her, "I just... We're family. We can't tell anyone about this. And if you regret it, it'll... Tear us apart. I could lose you."

Sara clenched her fists, "For fuck's sake, dude! Anybody tell you that you think too much? I am waving my pussy in your face. I'm regretting it, because you're doing nothing about it! God damn it. Please. Please, just eat me, Rik. I'm begging, now. Please."

She saw his look change, and he leaned towards her. Hands that knew her body almost as well as she did ran up and down her legs. Fingertips intimately tracing the lines of her surgical scars.

Sara spread her knees for him, "Please."

"I love you." He looked up at her for a final time, before his head finally went down between her legs. She felt his warm breath on her, as she trembled in anticipation, before he tasted her.

% SEXUAL ACTIVITY in progress. Warnings have been TEMPORARILY DISABLED, SARA.