T3 - The Lost Terminator Ch. 02

Story Info
A continuation of T3: The lost terminator.
14.4k words
4.29
2.7k
6

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 06/16/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kristanna cocked her head, standing in the doorway of Sarah's bedroom, waiting for her response. Sarah turned around, jumping at the sight of her standing there silently. "Jesus Christ!" She gasped. "What're you doing?" Sarah snapped, backing away.

"Waiting to assist you. You said you need money. I have some. Would you like me to go and get it?" Said Kristanna softly, remaining still.

Sarah shook her head. "Uh. No. We'll be fine. We're going to check out that safe house."

Kristanna sighed, approaching Sarah carefully. "I know you have no reason to trust me, Sarah. But I'm here to help. If I wanted you dead, we wouldn't be having this conversation. You need help, whether you want to admit it or not... If you'll allow me to, your mission could go much more smoothly." Her leather creaked as she moved.

Sarah scoffed, shaking her head. "But why? I-I just don't get it... Why would you help us? Never mind Fashion or Skynet. Why commit yourself to having a 'normal life'?"

It took a moment before Kristanna could respond. Sarah shook her head and walked away.

"Curiosity," She replied, glancing back at Sarah, who'd stopped at the door.

Sarah sighed, glancing back at her. "Alright. Get us the money. And take Cameron with you... I need to talk to John alone." she said, looking reluctant.

Kristanna nodded. "Of course." Pausing for a moment to calculate the route to her nearest bank, "I'll be about 30 minutes or so, depending on traffic."

Sarah smiled faintly. "Seen you later." Heading off to find John. Kristanna followed behind her momentarily before heading into the kitchen, spotting Cameron and smiling at her.

"Cameron. I'm heading to the bank to withdraw the money Sarah needs. She said to take you with me." She said with a smile, her red leather outfit creaking as she leaned on the countertop.

Cameron glanced at her plainly, cocking her head as she narrowed her eyes. Sarah popped around the corner moments later. "It's alright, go with her. We'll be fine." Cameron glanced at her as she nodded, disappearing again seconds later.

"Whenever you're ready. We'll take my car." Said Kristanna. Cameron didn't respond, heading for the front door as Kristanna followed behind her.

They head down the garden towards the street and jumping into the M3. Kristanna started the engine and pulled off, heading for the highway. Cameron sat in the passenger seat, gazing out the window. Weaving through traffic, she made quick progress getting to the bank. As she drove, she glanced over at Cameron, thinking about making small talk, but realised it would probably be pointless given Cameron's apparent lack of social skills.

"You have an interesting choice of clothes. I'm guessing you don't have any particular style in mind?" She remarked, keeping her eyes on the road.

Cameron looked at her. "No. I wear whatever fits and change them occasionally, or if they're damaged."

Kristanna nodded. "Fair enough. How about a shopping trip? I can help you get a sense of style? It would help you fit in better. I could help you in a few other ways too if you'd like?"

Cameron cocked her head. "You could teach me to be more human?"

"Yeah, I've had a few years to perfect my mannerisms and dialect. And I'm waiting on the opportunity to explore a few other aspects of human behaviour too." She replied.

"When can we start?" Cameron asked, looking as curious as a 300lb robot could look at least.

Kristanna smiled. "I can start some right now. But the more in-depth learning, I can always arrange to take you out again after we've dropped the money off to Sarah?"

"Okay. I'd like that." Cameron replied, gazing around the interior of the car.

Kristanna focused on the road as she turned onto the highway, checking her mirrors as she sped up to merge with the traffic flow. "You should try blinking a little more often. Humans don't tend to like it when you stare."

Cameron looked at Kristanna, blinking a few times. "That's better. If you remember to do it enough, it'll gradually become second nature. But don't overdo it, just remember, if you're looking at someone or something for more than a few seconds, then blink."

"Oh, and smile every now and then. Start small, a slight smirk maybe, no teeth. Then build up and try to judge when you think it's appropriate for a certain type of smile. But stick with small gestures for now." She added, keeping a close eye on an erratic driver passing on her right, taking note of their license plate as they came racing past well above the speed limit.

"I will keep that in mind." Said Cameron, once again gazing out the window.

Kristanna looked over at her, eyeing her body structure and other physical assets. She began a new subroutine via her extensive clothing database, matching the sizes and shapes she'd scanned with clothes she thought would suit her best or their nearest equivalent.

Eventually, they pulled into the parking lot outside a bank and jumped out. Kristanna opened the trunk and pulled out a lockable briefcase before heading inside with Cameron at her side. Together they stood in line, waiting to be seen by a clerk.

As they waited, Kristanna gazed around idly, assessing the room's layout and how many exits it had using her onboard sensors.

Scanning: Lifesigns detected... 18.

Exits available... 3.

Threat level... low.

Social interaction required: Persuasive subroutines on standby...

A tannoy called out a clerk's number, and the two of them approached, greeted by a middle-aged woman who smiled at them.

"Hi, how may I help you today?"

Kristanna smiled back. "Hey, I'd like to make a withdrawal, please."

"Of course, Miss, can I take your name and address, please?"

"Kristanna Loken... Trousdale Estates, Beverly Hills..." She replied, giving the lady her full address, which Cameron secretly memorised.

After running her details, the clerk nodded. "Alright, Miss Loken, how much will you be withdrawing today?"

Kristanna leaned closer and lowered her voice slightly so as not to draw unwanted attention "30 Thousand dollars, please."

The clerk paused for a moment, stopping to double-check what she heard "30 thousand?"

"Yes, that's correct."

"Bear with me one moment, please. I'll need my manager's approval before I can clear this." said the Clerk, reaching for a phone behind the counter.

"Of course, take your time." Kristanna smiled. A manager emerged a few moments later to ask Kristanna a series of questions regarding what she needed the cash for and why. Kristanna quickly formulated a cover story, using Cameron to pose as a family relation who needed work done to their house and was asked if they could pay in cash.

A few minutes later, she got approved, and the clerk began counting her money. Kristanna put the briefcase on the counter and loaded it up. Once done, the clerk bid her fair well and Cameron and Kristanna head back to the car.

On the way back, Kristanna spotted a fancy dress in a shop window. She stopped to view it before shaking her head and moving on. Cameron cocked her head. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"If I stop, I'll end up buying it. Let's get going." Kristanna sighed, pressing on towards the car. Cameron followed. They jumped in, and she started the car. "No, no, no... You don't need it." Kristanna muttered to herself, sighing as she resisted her urge to buy stuff.

Back at the house, John and Sarah discussed having Kristanna around. "I'm not sure about her... Something just doesn't seem right. She's too human. Seeing one of them blending in like that worries me."

John shrugged. "You could say the same about Cameron; she's almost the same... Apart from the years of experience, the other one has. If she's as advanced as she says she is, we should give her a chance. I mean, she's had plenty of opportunities to kill us both already..." he replied, sitting in the kitchen with Sarah opposite him.

"To be honest, I'm not sure I trust either of them. They're machines! Don't get me wrong, Cameron has been useful on occasion..." said Sarah, but John cut in moments later.

"And Kristen, or whatever she's called, is supposedly more advanced. I think we're wasting an opportunity getting rid of her; imagine what she could do to help us... We need every ally we can get, machine or not. I'm not comfortable with them around either, but it's better than fending for ourselves." he said.

"Maybe so. And you're right. We need everyone we can get. But my instincts say somethings not right. It doesn't help they're both attractive young women... Cameron is attached to you enough as it is. And you're a hormonal teenager!" said Sarah.

John shook his head. "Oh, mum, for God's sake! Stop!" Getting up to walk away in disgust.

"John, I'm serious! I don't want either of them making advances on you, and god forbid you to them. You're still a kid, and they're machines!" Sarah snapped firmly.

"Look, mum, I don't care about any of that! We've got more important things to worry about, like saving all of humanity! And if we're gonna have any chance of saving it, we need them with us." John snapped back, sighing as he sat back down with his head in his hands.

Sarah looked at him for a moment, feeling sorry for him having such an enormous burden placed on his shoulders, feeling the same weight on her own also. "We'll see how things play out. If Kristanna stays true to her word, then she can stay."

John nodded, still disgusted that she suggested he'd make moves on either of the terminators. As good as they looked, he'd thought he'd never be able to look past what they really were.

"I'm going to lay down. I'm tired." John scoffed, getting up and walking away. Sarah could see he was annoyed by her comment earlier but decided not to go after him, hoping he'd think about what she said and be careful around them.

"Alright." Said Sarah nodded, wandering over to the fridge to see how much food they had. She sighed upon seeing a few scraps at the bottom. Sarah closed the refrigerator and stood round the corner from John's room, tempted to go and talk to him. But she shook her head and wandered back to her own room instead.

****

After an uneventful drive back, Kristanna pulled up outside the Connor's house sometime later. The pair of them jumped out and headed inside. "Sarah? We're back." Kristanna called out.

Sarah emerged from her room moments later. "Oh, hey. You got the money?" She asked.

Kristanna placed the briefcase on the kitchen counter and unlocked it. Flipping the lid open, she revealed its contents.

"Yep, all here with plenty to spare. 30 thousand dollars."

"30?" Said Sarah, double-checking she heard her correctly.

"That is what she just said." Noted Cameron plainly.

Sarah approached the briefcase, gazing at the stacks of cash neatly piled inside. "Wow, alright. We're all set then. Let's go get those papers. Cameron, you're with me. Kristanna, you can keep John company for a while. Let's take the extra 10 out of here in case Carlos gets any ideas."

Kristanna helped remove 10k from the briefcase and hid it under the kitchen sink for safekeeping. Sarah closed the briefcase as Kristanna turned to her.

"The combination is 784253. Shall I give you my phone number in case you need assistance?"

Sarah paused for a moment. "Thanks. Uh, yeah, why not." Pulling out her phone. The two exchanged numbers before Sarah headed off with Cameron to secure themselves new identities.

Kristanna turned to see John emerging from his room moments later. "Your mother and Cameron are heading out to get the IDs. She's asked me to watch over you whilst they're away." She chirped.

"Uh, sure... You don't need to, though. I'll be fine." Said John, wandering over to the fridge to look for food. He groaned when he saw there wasn't anything substantial left. Sitting down at the kitchen counter, he sighed, subtly watching Kristanna from over his shoulder.

"You don't have to stare at me, you know. It's not like I can do anything." He said coldly.

Kristanna cocked her head. "Sorry, old habit. I was just thinking. You need supplies and other essentials; I can run to the store and grab a few things. Maybe you'd like to come with me? Given that you've been kept indoors for several days now, you might like to stretch your legs."

John scoffed, "Thanks, but my mom says I can't. Anyway, aren't you supposed to follow orders?"

Kristanna chuckled slightly, shaking her head. "No, I'm not programmed like previous allies. Or, like Cameron, I'm more of a rouge entity. So what do you say? Want to get out for a bit? I won't tell if you don't." She chirped.

John shrugged. "Sure, why not. But one thing quick, I'm still trying to get my head around this... You're doing this of your own free will, protecting mom and me?" He said, sliding off his seat and approaching her, trying not to gaze too blatantly at specific features of her slim leather-clad body.

Kristanna smiled. "Yep. Skynet means to destroy humanity, but I'm curious to keep learning about it, so it makes sense to ensure humanity's survival. Otherwise, I can't enjoy the thrill of a shopping trip or talk with my friends at work."

"So it's more for your own gain than just humanity?" Said, John.

"To a point, yes. But like I said earlier, I don't see humanity as much of a threat. I've grown quite fond of being among you all. But anyway, food! Let's take my car." Kristanna replied, eager to help out however she could and get to know John personally.

"Alright. Shall we, uh, get going?" Said John, still feeling nervous around her, which she could tell from his body language, so she tried to keep her distance where possible. They headed out to the street and climbed into her BMW. She started it up and drove off, mapping a route in her head to the nearest store a few blocks away.

"So, what've you been doing for four years since you got here?" John asked, glancing at her as he looked out the window.

"I got a house, a job, picked up several hobbies. I want to be a fashion guru, like a proper figurehead in the industry type. And I've learned to play the guitar; I quite like music. Also, in the little neighbourhood I live in, I've become somewhat of a nanny for one of the families that live a few doors down. They've got such an adorable little baby!" She said, squeezing the steering wheel as she squeaked excitedly.

John nodded. "Wow... that's, that's uh, pretty good. What do you play?" He asked.

"Rock mainly, or other heavier metal. It sounds nicer than other genres, to me at least. But I don't sing, though. I don't have the voice for it... Well, I could, but people would notice if I could completely change my voice." She laughed.

John smiled, shaking his head. "I never took you for a heavy metal type. Or a babysitter. What're your favourite genres?"

"Me neither. I surprise myself sometimes. I'm into AC/DC and Red Hot Chilli Peppers at the moment..." she replied, glancing in her mirror as she took a right-hand turn.

"What about you? What do you like to do?" She asked.

John scoffed, "What do I like to do? No idea! I never stay in one place long enough to find out. I don't know even know myself yet. Doubt I ever will." He said bitterly.

"I'm sure that's not true. There must be something you enjoy?"

"I don't know. I've not really put much thought into it, to be honest." He said.

Kristanna sighed. "John. If I, a killer cyborg from the future can do it, you can too. Give it time."

John laughed. "Well, when you put it like that, maybe yeah! I'll let you know." Glancing at her a few times, catching glimpses of her sleek body. Kristanna quickly noticed, grinning slightly as she glanced back briefly, keeping her eyes on the road. At first, she hesitated to say anything, worried it might make him uncomfortable, but then she figured he's just a teen. He'd be pretty unnerved by anyone pulling him up on it.

"You uh, you like what you see?" She said carefully, glancing at him with a smirk.

John was confused at first but caught on as he saw her smile. "Sorry what, uh, um." He coughed uncomfortably, tensing up as he realised he couldn't escape the situation.

"You keep staring. I'm good at noticing these things... I don't mind. I can't help being young and pretty." She said reassuringly.

"Uh, fuck... Sorry uh." He stammered uncomfortably.

"It's alright. You're still a kid. It's natural. Don't worry; I'm not gonna try anything. You're too young, and besides, your mom would tear me to pieces if I did. Well, she'd definitely try." She chuckled, checking her mirrors as they crossed a junction.

John gulped, keeping relatively quiet. "Yep. She'd probably kill us both." He said, wishing the ground would open up and swallow him.

"Have you found anyone special yet?" She asked curiously.

"Uh, no. I don't see it happening. Not with the destiny, I'm headed for...." Said, John.

Kristanna smiled, knowing a fair amount about his future self. But she decided not to say anything about it. "Destiny be damned, you'll find someone. Trust me." She said sweetly. The pair travelled in silence for the rest of the short-lived trip. They soon pulled up to a convenience store moments later, parking up out front.

Kristanna turned to John. "Oh, if anyone asks, but I don't think they will, you're my son."

John sighed, still looking uncomfortable. "Sure thing, mom." He said sarcastically, jumping out of the car along with Kristanna and heading inside.

A group of men across the other side of the car park watched as Kristanna got out, checking out her tight-fitting leather outfit as they puffed on cigarettes, one of them wolf-whistling at her just before she went inside.

She grabbed a basket and began browsing the aisles. As she gazed at the various selections of goods, behind her eyes, several readouts pulled nutritional values and product reviews of everything she saw, searching through for items that would keep them fed for longer but without worrying about the price. After all, money wasn't a problem for her, so she might as well use it for a good cause such as this.

John roamed the aisles as well, picking items they needed from the shelves, bread, milk, eggs etc., along with other bits he wanted. Catching Kristanna's eye, he gestured at the stuff in his hands to see if it was okay, not thinking of asking her first. Kristanna nodded, smiling sweetly at him as she approached. "Everything alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, uh, you alright if I get these?"

"Yeah, sure, get whatever you want." She chirped, offering to put the food he held in her basket. As he did, the cashier watched them from afar. John politely nodded to him as he resumed shopping. Kristanna followed John around the store, taking note of the things he loaded into the basket, food, snacks and drinks, gathering various goods and analysing it all to try and determine his particular tastes. He continued loading up the basket, which Kristanna held with ease, even as he tried to avoid too much junk food as he knew his mom would complain.

Eventually, John grabbed a few tools to help with his technology tweaking and hacking. "That's it, I think." He said with a sigh of relief.

"Cool, let's go," Kristanna replied, heading to the counter to pay. As she placed the basket down, she happened to catch a glimpse outside, seeing a group of people hanging around her car.

She glanced back at John briefly. "Uh, could you grab me some beers as well, please, sweetie? Two of those packs." She said, gesturing at one of the refrigerators in the corner by the counter. John nodded and grabbed them, placing them with everything else as the cashier began scanning everything.

"Stocking up?" Said the cashier.

Processing items... Calculating...

Her heads-up displays ran through every item before the cashier was even halfway done, coming up with a total within seconds.