All Comments on 'Table for Two Ch. 03'

by JessicaS

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
suicide attempt ruined the story

This had been great story then u made it way too dark.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
cant wait for part 4

Got a bit dark there but now it seems back on course for a romantic story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Reserve opinion Until later

Who found Emily? Too much skipped 1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Doing great

I disagree with the idea that the Suicide attempt hurt the story. I think it added a level of realism and tension. Keep up the good work, and I can't wait for more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I dont really care for the direction the story is going with the therapist.

PunjiPunjiabout 7 years ago
Interesting developments

Overall I'm liking this series. Unlike others I don't really have a problem with it venturing into the attempted suicide. Unfortunately that is all too common with teens.

However, I do think that attributing a suicide attempt as a reaction to one event (no matter how troubling that event was) is a bit incredulous. Almost always there is an underlying set of issues. The last event might be the proverbial, straw that broke the camels back, but I don't buy it as a stand-alone cause.

That being said, I think you've given yourself an out here. By involving the therapist you have a chance to dig in a bit to the real underlying cause. Perhaps she really was conflicted about her own sexuality. Perhaps the death of her mother and her father's problems really were weighing on her.

With all of that being said, keep on going. There is a reason that this site is called literotica, not spank bank porn. I enjoy well written stories where the sex is part of the story not the only reason for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Going off course

I don't like the direction it seems to be headed with the therapist.

That direction needs to NOT happen.

JessicaSJessicaSabout 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks people

Anon asking who found Emily> This isn't specified in story and it doesn't impact the rest of it anyway, but I imagine Stephanie is most likely to have found her.

Punji> Thanks for the detailed comment. I always enjoy seeing someone else's perspective, especially one as balanced and constructive as yours.

A big thanks to everyone for your comments, I value all your opinions, positive and negative.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Not interested anymore

Yeah she should have ended up sobbing back into her sisters arms instead of trying to comit suicide... you had a perfect chance for a make up session and side railled it into meeting a therapist?! When does she get back together with her sister. At this point she's trying to forget about doing that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Not a good chapter

Great story, until the end of chapter 2. The sudden dark turn felt random and was glossed over quickly with minimal attention, as though it weren't a big deal ("why are you so clingy"?). Suicide isn't a bad thing, but it's not really sexy and taking it so lightly really detracts from the story by disrupting the plot with an unbelievable element.

Otherwise this is fantastic. I just wish we'd seen more of Sam and less random major events.

kayseakayseaabout 7 years ago
Unfortunately suicide is not that uncommon

Having recently come back from a funeral, having sat by someone's side for 3wks in the ICU, and being the one who found a friend, who luckily survived her attempt, suicide is all too common.

Emily has just come down from her biggest high, emotionally and physically, to being overcome by guilt and shame, and then had the worst things that could be said to her by the person who means the most to her.

Extreme high to extreme low. The Valium was there. This is an act of opportunity, not necessarily (unless the author wants to go there later) the act of some one who suffers from depression, anxiety, or a mood disorder or the like.

Stephanie's reaction (her "clinginess" or wanting to be near her sister) isn't that unusual. To want to be close to someone she loves, even just as a sister without complications, and almost lost is natural. Plus she has to be carrying around a huge amount of guilt. Everyone reacts differently.

I thought this could take the story in an interesting direction.

Instead I'm pretty disgusted by the therapist. Transference is a big & serious issue, especially when dealing with someone in such a fragile place. Then to put her in an emotionally charged place like this "study" (from which she'd be excluded because of her suicide attempt) is just... I don't have words.

Maybe it's because that sort of manipulation could be very real. MFT's (Marriage & Family Counselors) have a high rate of sleeping with their clients. That, is a type of rape, a violation. It is unethical and illegal and can hold harsh penalties, as it should.

I'm a pretty huge "suspension of disbelief" person (c'mon, I reading literotica, it's kinda a requirement) but adding in a sleazy therapist. Ew. Maybe you could have filled in a lot of backstory that could get me there, but as it stands, it's very off-putting.

(Note:I have obviously have issues (professional ones)with part of this chapter. I've liked your story up until then, I'm therefore not going to vote. I think That is fairer than giving you a low score for something that obviously presses buttons for me.)

JessicaSJessicaSabout 7 years agoAuthor
Interesting opinions, Kaysea - Wow!

I'm interested in the different opinions presented by readers here, both positive and negative.

Kaysea> I'm very grateful for your comment. Actually I'm pretty floored, I've never seen such an informative and incisive response on this site. What you said makes perfect sense to me and I find myself very much agreeing with you.

I make it a point not to argue with opinions in comments, but a bit behind the scenes - I found it difficult to reconcile skilled/helpful therapeutic practice with moving the story in the direction we all know we want. I tried to hint that Jennifer is inexperienced and mostly just not a good doctor. This might be expanded in future. But you're still entirely right, and of course I have no one to blame but myself.

Again, thank you Kaysea, your comment was very valuable. I'll do my best to take your view into account in the coming chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
great, but can you speed it up a bit. i did not make it through the second page.

i did not make it through the second page. this went into p for park. what was the author thinking? I VOTED A ONE STAR AND IT BUMPED IT TO A FOUR STAR AND WOULD NOT LET ME CHANGE IT. WHATS GOING ON HERE??? the series started great, then STOPPED. goodbye.

AurimazAurimazover 6 years ago
* * *

A story from a very young author, I believe. That's why there are so many poor choices with the plot. Good for a young, inexperienced audience, not so good for those, who read Literotica stories for years.

But keep trying, don't stop writing.

JessicaSJessicaSover 6 years agoAuthor

Aurimaz> Ah no, there are many more reasons why the story is poor :).

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate honest feedback.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 6 years ago

Kinda ridiculous that she thinks of Jennifer as someone she wants to be a part of her family after just one meeting, even more that she spilled the beans, trusting a stranger.

It seems like it's a setup for a lesbian milf thryst with how things are worded. I think that's a mistake, it should focus on the sisters.

I hope Sam will start to feel guilty about she might have fucked up the sisters' life, instead of being caught up in her fantasy, she seems like a bad friend, I'm kinda hoping Emily will keep her distance from Sam.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ib_Says

You have obviously never let yourself be vulnerable to anybody if you don’t: 1) understand how comforting it is to talk to someone you don’t know. The therapeutic rewards are great when you have someone who willing to listen, who doesn’t know you, doesn’t judge you or know any of your friends. So, therefore, that person has no purpose to use that information against you, for their gain, or to embarrass you. It’s even qualified in medical journals, so your argument is rendered void. 2) In the story, Emily is very extremely confused by her bodies reaction to her lesbian session (she loved it and that confusion entails 1) does she enjoy lesbian sex, and 2) does she love it because it was from her sister?) and her growing up loving schtick.

It’s very clear that you are a guy, because only a female (or a man who has had daughters) could EVER realize the safety net of an emotional female in a parent. Once that parent is removed and that safety net destroyed, who is there to help in the emotional growth and well being of a vulnerable and impressionable young lady, who can’t understand the feelings or emotions racing through her body? Emily see’s that quality in her therapist. It says in the story, “could her warm, gray eyes remind her of her mother?” Maybe not an exact quote, but that’s the essence of it.

Ib_Says> you apparently have never faced any issues of consequence that have forced you to realize what it is to be a man yet. Sure it’s all great to be Studly Dudley, but without life experiences, Studly Dudley is just a snarky snowflake hiding under a rock thinking everybody deserves a trophy, while ridiculing anybody you don’t find worthy.

JessicaSJessicaSover 5 years agoAuthor

Ib_Says> You got one thing right - I was thinking about involving Jennifer in some way, but that thread went nowhere and the story is probably better for it.

Last Anon> Thank you for your opinions, most of your experiences make sense to me (which is why I put similar ones into the story). However, I think it's better to discuss the facts and opinions themselves, rather than make assumptions about the people who present them.

Thanks to both of you for your comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Another good chapter. Although I do agree with one comment about the suicide attempt...it did feel kind of glossed over. While some may be seeing Steph"s clingyness as something sexual I don't think that was the full direction the author was trying to take. As someone who has studied psychology I feel that the act of Steph being clingy was because she almost lost the probaly only other person who knows her as good as she knows her self.

I also dont think it would have been a good idea to add the therapist in to the mix as seeing Emily is so confused already if she attempts to make a move on Jennifer and is rejected think about the poor girls self esteem it is already at a low point that would only make it lower and might trigger another suicide attempt. I do hope the sisters are able to reconcile and move forward with what they are really feeling and as for Sam not realizing what is going on and getting caught up in the fun with her boyfriend while it makes her a bad friend it also makes her human also as a additional comment to chapter 2 all this could have been avoided if Sam wouldn't of said anything to Emily about messing up and could have set up another date between the unknowing sisters but with the roles reversed Emily could be under the table this time and Steph could be the one to receive. Just my opinion. But I was always told opinions are like assholes every body has one and everyone thinks everybody else's sinks. you may not like my comment, you may even reference that I don't have any thing published or posted and there for I'm not qualified to give story line suggestions. But that is simply my opinion and you do not have to like it nor does it mean that the author will agree or disagree with me

2 quick notes:

1) sorry if this starts an argument that is not my intention I only wanted to state my opinion of this and previous chapters and what might or will or could happen in future chapters or as a side story that is completely up to the author so again sorry to all readers and especially to JessicaS.

2) I apologize for any typos, grammatical errors or misspellings. As I stated I am not an author and that is probably one of the biggest reasons why, Ha Ha.

Great job over all look forward to more from JessicaS,

-RJ-

JessicaSJessicaSover 3 years agoAuthor

RJ> Thanks for your comment - I value other people's opinions, even if I don't always agree. Don't worry about arguments and disagreements, that's how you learn.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Sam really is a shit friend, and Jennifer comes across as kinda predatory with that invitation.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 2 years ago

Quoting: Anonymous 10 months ago

Sam really is a shit friend, and Jennifer comes across as kinda predatory with that invitation.

-

You're going to find out if you follow enough of my comments here and elsewhere that I have no respect for anonymous posting. However, in this case, I have to agree 110% with everything that he/she said on both counts. Jennifer sounded to me like she is a sexual predator looking for an easy target. Creepy.

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

I see no reason that Jennifer should be so interesting. We've never seen her before and Em has only seen her in a professional setting. Where are those thoughts coming from. They feel ... fake.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJessicaS@JessicaS
I love receiving feedback and am always happy to respond to questions and comments, preferably in the public commenting area under each story. All my stories are exclusively published here on Literotica. If you read any of them elsewhere, that story was stolen (looking at you...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES