All Comments on 'Taboo'

by Mason_Hess

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
TNDRIVERTNDRIVERabout 5 years ago
All the build up

All the build up and you just gloss over the struggle getting of getting the stuff back and the restitution. Nah, that just doesn't seem to fit your earlier build up. The aunt and uncles deserved it. Then the reunion nothing there. What you planning another short sequel? I would prefer medium to long stories with everything there to begin with. I am the kind of guy that if I know some story is going to be a series often I won't read it until the story is completely done. I would like to see proper closure to all these characters. For that I am going to give you 4* I would give you a 3.5 but the system doesn't allow for that. Borrowing a catch phrase from FTDS which his intitials stand for. Finish The Damn Story. Keep it up 👍.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
My 2 cents

Well, not bad. But you could expound with more details concerning the relationship. I agree with the other poster on you glossed over a lot of good writing material. You could really get the reader interested in your characters and therefore more in the story. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Lost... adrift? Lost

A binding of souls? And it ends in love forever lost? That is fate? Forever lost in the mists of time? Love pure and unrequited? Life is a dog..been there, got the scars and all that goes with it...forward into eternity

milkyrosemilkyroseabout 5 years ago
;)

idk what's wrong with me today bc normally i don't read incest stuff but i thought this story was beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Well done and convincing

Believable story well told. You write very well, and while the characters might have been developed more, their actions spoke very clearly. Don't mind the Naysayers here; the story is complete. And beautiful. They had no family except each other, and they made the most of it without crumbling. I just wonder: when did Kevin realize that the timing of her pregnancy didn't match his experience with her?

AWAKADSAWAKADSabout 5 years ago
Grand Deception

I concur with most of the previous comments. There also was something deeper than pure lust, alas, in the end perhaps guilt, immaturity or immorality triumphed.

But, then I think of the possible ramifications of “….brother and sister sharing a secret that none other would ever know, that none other could ever know.”

In the marriage between Kevin and Allie, what will that hold for Kevin? He is being unwittingly ensnared into a situation where he will raise another man's child, and should things go south in the union between himself and Allie, he will legally and financially be castrated for the rest of his life as a cuckold.

Surely, it amounts to grand theft of his life, aspirations and hopes. A secret kept by Allie, and subconsciously she will disrespect Kevin. Lording that secret may well result in loathing, browbeating, harping, sniding, further deception, adultery and other demeaning actions further down the line.

It is doubtful that things would work in the longer term, since one of the pillars of marriage and love, namely honesty, will be lacking. The worst of all would be the turmoil and aguish the innocent child may be exposed to.

Then perhaps, maybe I think too much. It is but a fantasy tale, I hope.

Omart57Omart57about 5 years ago
A beautiful story

Short , yes but very realistic! 5 stars and Favorited!

gaynudist50gaynudist50about 5 years ago
Nothing

Kind of pathetic!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great story till the ending

Totally blew it 1 star

Rustyy_nutRustyy_nutover 2 years ago

Oh he'll no. Leave us hanging like that!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

HORRIBLE ENDING to what started to be a pretty good story. It is ruined now.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMason_Hess@Mason_Hess
A random writer of short fiction, trying for longer stuff lately.