All Comments on 'Tail in the South Pacific'

by sr71plt

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
carverIIcarverIIalmost 17 years ago
Damned Fine Stuff

When are you going to start working on a novel? I've read a lot of your stuff and am constantly amazed that you aren't writing a book.

Great story line, good character development, great pace. Thank you for sharing the story.

sr71pltsr71pltalmost 17 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Thanks for the very nice comment, Caverll. I have, in fact, written and published nearly a dozen novels--most in the mainstream under a name you might recognize but certainly not the one I use here. "Tail in the South Pacific" is a segment of a new novel, most of which appears here in Lit. The novel unfolds in reverse order to show the reader events before the motivation/background for these events are revealed--the book is meant to unpeel like the skin of an onion, from newest growth to the hidden core. The two "The Photograph" stories, set in 1977 constitute part one, which is the resolution of the novel; Ada's story (here posted as the "Wolf Creek" novella) is the center part; and this "Tail of the South Pacific" story leads off the last part, giving J. Harvey Kincaid's--and indeed the book's dilemma--foundation. The only part not appearing here that is in the novel is the segment where Kincaid meets Ada and decides to hunt and possess her and the Raven family itself.

Many of the characters of this novel are loosely based on icons of twentieth century American literature and history to whom I was exposed at my grandmother's celebrity dude ranch--in a hidden little Colorado valley dipping down from Wyoming beside the Medicine Bow National Forest. Even the "Tail in the South Pacific" title is an allusion of one such.

"Death on the Rhine," which also appears on Lit., is a complete novella and may be developed into a Folsom detective series.

A couple of other gay erotic novels/novellas are completed and on offer (or have been solicited by erotica publishers and are being polished up).

And thanks again for reading my stories--and for appreciating them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersr71plt@sr71plt
3024 Followers
Former SR71 pilot, currently professional writer and book editor; writes under name "habu" on other erotica sites. My erotica books can be found under the author name habu or Dirk Hessian (and coauthored books with Sabb under the names Shabbu or Stephen Kessel) at S...