All Comments on 'Take The Pledge'

by Dinsmore

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Better than the rest

Dins, you are one of the better authors I have read on this site. The endless descriptions of sex and sexual positions are thankfully - missing. It took me 46 years and 3 marriages to find the love of my life. I'm a sucker for romance and this one made the read that much more enjoyable.

Swede Quistberg

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Sweet Ending!

How great is it to have Mr. Dinsmore back with another romantic story. This one is endearing and tender and well worth the read. Terrific Write!

jack_strawjack_strawover 17 years ago
Wonderful story

This is one of the best stories ever.

Believe me, there is such a thing as true love. I am convinced by personal experience that there are some relationships that are meant to be.

There is no logical reason why my wife and I should have ever met. I was 27 and living in the city, she was 26 and going to college 100 miles away after getting out of an abusive first marriage.

But my sister was going to the same college, they met, she introduced us and it truly was love at first sight.

We've been together now for almost 25 years and had three children who have turned out pretty well. Who says real life isn't a fairy tale?

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Outstanding

Very well written (even if the misuse of semi-colons made me grumble occasionally :). Richly drawn characters that move gracefully through their lives in a slow, patient waltz towards the happy ending. A bit sappy, I suppose, but hey, sappy is good sometimes!

Excellent fiction this is. This 100's for you, Dinsmore, for a superb tale of romance. My thanks.

scriptordelectoscriptordelectoover 17 years ago
Once again I Sigh!

The way you tell a story reminds me of Classic movies, which contain an element that has been lost in this day and time. I love your stories, and I'm impressed with how quickly you get them posted. Keep gracing us with your marvelous tales. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
About As Good As It Gets Author

There is no discomfort in the exchanges between your characters - it is like life would make it.

You plot path is unpredictable but in retrospect in line with your intent - your plans.

You are in touch and convey it very well.

All in all, certainly one of your best. Thanks.

With Very High Regard

P. S. Feel appreciated as you deserve it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great

Another winner by you. Reminded me a little of your story Sid and Melissa. Don't know why, but I seemed to enjoy the first half of the story more than the second half.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
This Buds for you

I found this site about 5 months ago and I have to say, this is the first story that I have read here that has stirred me to post a comment.

Great story line and Excellent storytelling Dinsmore.

Liked it alot.

I must come back around and check out some of your other earlier submissions when I have more time.

This Buds for you

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
omg!

that is the first story that has ever made me cry! i'm not sure if that was the effect of the story, but oh my god i loved it! i loved the depth of it all. although the speech was sometimes a little hard to follow, a brilliant story, thanks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Thank you

I really enjoyed this story, it gives hope out of dispair

thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Bravo.

First of all I would want to thank u for writing such a wonderful story. It has limited sexual imagery than i thought it would have and more focus on the story. It was probably the reason why it touched my heart and it probably touched others aswell. Seems obvious now I'm a sucker for a well written story..hehe :) -obviously_hopeless_romantic_person(ahaha)

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Touched me to the core

I literally shed a couple of tears towards the end when she finally arrived on the plane. Doesn't help that I had a fairy tale soundtrack playing on the radio at the exact same time (Ever After main theme from the soundtrack)! I think the character development from the start was important and it was done well. Truth is, a lot of us dream about the kind of fairy tale ending that your protagonists received. We usually endure the kind of hardships they did, but never do seem to get the fairy tale ending. To those who do, they are truly blessed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Very Good

I enjoyed your story very much. Endearing characters, good plot. Thanks and keep up the great writing.

MoogPlayerMoogPlayeralmost 14 years ago
Great Story!

I've read this story several times now, and I still cry at the the end. Thanks for all your hard work...

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerabout 9 years ago
Here I am again, five years later,

That's how long this story has been on my favorite's list, and I try to read it as often as I can when I want to read something gentle and kind. Thanks Dinsmore, old friend, this will always be one of the greatest stories I've ever read.

MoogPlayer

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
EVEN THOUGH ITS NOT A FRATERNITY

its a pledge between 2 people connected by the soul. TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Well if it gets the approval of MP -

Then I guess it earns mine as well -= LOL

Seriously - I just sent him the link to "Taking Command" with a recommendation - greats minds and all that -

A real nice story with good people doing good things - yep well worth the time to read it -

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Another outstanding story.

niestarniestaralmost 9 years ago
another great one

I truly have enjoyed reading each and every story you have written and submitted in these site.thank you.it has been a lot of fun and educative to my own writing skills.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Words...

...Escape me as to how great your stories are!

As someone else mentioned if MoogPlayer comments then you are the anointed one.

I've read every story multiple times and still keep coming back.

Thank you for allowing us to enjoy your writing!

C

GoodhueGoodhueabout 7 years ago
Outstanding!

Really enjoyed this well-written love story!

~ A 5+

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Bravo

Very well done story. I think you covered it all, from heathen to hero, to rags to riches, then on to "loner to lover", and finally to husband and wife. I enjoyed it very

much, thank you for writing it and posting it here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Excellent story except for the ending!

I found the ending to be very contrived! Her statement that she left him at the end of their summer fling and moved half way around the world because she was falling in love with him even though they pledged not to fall in love bullshit reasoning! Also she did not have any formal training for foreign aid work in poor African countries. She would have gone as a peon position. To become a Director of a foreign aid group you would need a PhD in a related field such as social work but more likely a medical degree with further studies. Also all of the male foreign aid workers especially the medical doctors would have been screwing her every night for the entire duration of her stay!

DinsmoreDinsmoreover 4 years agoAuthor
Dumb ass comments.

It is ignorant comments like this last one which ended my writing.

Robyn1859Robyn1859over 4 years ago
support

you can't fix stupid... people who make negative comments should be avoided at all costs. I have enjoyed your writing and will continue to do so even it is just by re-reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great Story

It’s an outstanding little short story and I love it. Of course it’s Dinsmore so there’s a little anal sex in it, but hey, what’s a little buggery amongst friends anyway? Five Stars, of course.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Such a heartwarming story of how a second grade boy who was poor and who over came all odds and not only became a successful lawyer but got the girl of his dreams. Well done Dinsmore and 5 star story

DinsmoreDinsmoreover 3 years agoAuthor
Her NGO tenure was?

Five years!!!

Not to mention that she was seriously "connected".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous