Taking Care of Everything Ch. 02

Story Info
The rewrite - Mary and Ken try a second time.
6.3k words
4.69
2.9k
4

Part 2 of the 10 part series

Updated 09/12/2023
Created 06/06/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ch. 2 - Let's Try again

A/N - The below story is fictional and fun. In collaboration with the previous author and at his request, the below and in time, the continuing chapters are all significant rewrites. This is collaboration with the original author. He is aware of the changes and has with them and its publication.

All characters in this story are above the age of legal consent. This is more of a romantic love story. That being said, please know this story contains love and sexual relations and interactions between a man and a woman as well as two women who learn and grow into their bisexuality. We truly hope you enjoy it.

***

"Really!" She stood, "Really!"

She looked at me now with tears in her eyes, "How dare you? How ..." she paused, "Just delete my number."

She gathered up her tissues, went to the kitchen trash, threw them away, came back to the living room, looked at me and repeated, "Just delete my number Ken."

She turned and walked out of my apartment.

And this is why I do not date.

**** End of Chapter 1 ****

The adjectives describing the last few weeks would be, restless, frustrating, upsetting, confusing and pissed off. I blew the once chance I had with the woman I wanted to get closer to because of a panic attack, this stupid PTSD. The fact that most clinical psychologists and mental health professionals I have seen have told me I am self-centered and not outward focused.

Simply put, according to them, I suck at life outside of the Army.

***

It had been three weeks since Mary walked out of my apartment. Labor Day had come and gone and the first signs of fall were really prevalent. Some of the leaves on the trees were turning reddish and yellow. The evening and morning temps were dipping down lower. Cooler mornings meant track pants for my morning jog. I had recently gotten a newer version of my running blade from the VA as well as a sturdier cushion and gel pad making the prosthetic more comfortable running.

On Thursday morning I came back from my run. As is my routine I cleaned up, threw on a pair of jeans and a shirt, this time I grabbed a branded Veteran Service Organization lightweight jacket and headed out. I walked in the coffee shop, before stepping in line, I did a quick look of the seating areas, not seeing Mary, and I got in line.

Yes, you assumed correctly. I didn't want to see her. I was ashamed, embarrassed, and admitted to myself she would do so much better. I didn't want to mess with my heart or mind.

Eventually I ordered and then found that same four-top table and had a seat. I got comfortable, sipping my coffee and reading about the prevention of cyber-attacks and tactics for prevention of cyber security attacks through email, attachments, and urls.

I heard a chair slide across the floor and out from the table. I looked up. My eyes wide, I froze in place. "Mary!"

She nodded. "Please have a seat I was just leaving."

Her smile disappeared, her face grew stern, "No you weren't. Don't lie to me Ken, don't ever lie to me."

I lowered my head. "I will leave; I don't want to upset you."

Her facial expression didn't change. She placed her purse and backpack on the chair and took a seat. She placed her hands flat on the table. Her head was tilted down looking at them. Her hair fell from around shoulders and back covering her face making it impossible for me to see her. I heard her clearly.

"Sleepless Ken, three weeks of sleepless nights because of you."

She whispered. Her hands moved forward, turning her palms up, her fingers spread, motioning for mine.

"You don't know the tears I have cried in three weeks! You hurt me and I do not know why but my heart still hurts and yearns for you."

She paused. I slowly placed my hands in hers.

"I can't stop wanting to be with you."

Mary softly closed her fingers around mine. She inhaled a deep breath. She lifted her head; tears welled up in her eyes. I pulled my right hand away from hers, my thumb carefully brushing her skin, wiping the tear from her cheek. Then wiped away the tears which rolled down her left cheek.

She broke the silence, in a soft whisper, "You are a bastard!"

With my right hand I gently lifted her hair from her face, the right side then the left, all the while my left hand held hers. I curled her jet black hair behind her ear and over her shoulder. I carefully did the same to the left side of her hair.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and gently squeezed her hand. "I am truly sorry. I never meant to hurt you. You deserve so much more ..."

"Don't!" She cut me off. Her voice was loud enough that a few tables near us to pause and look our way.

"Listen Sergeant, I can deal with the PTSD," she whispered, "I can deal with your leg. But," her voice returned to normal, "I will not deal with your bullshit, low self-esteem crap. I want you ... all of you. I will not deal, with the crap of you thinking or saying negative things about yourself."

She squeezed my hands, "I want the man who brought me coffee and wasn't ogling my chest and body, I want the man who told me how beautiful my eyes are. Not the man three weeks ago in the apartment who didn't think he was good enough for me."

She let go of my hand, placing hers flat on the table. I closed my book and started to get my stuff when she raised her head and looked at me.

"Stay please, for a moment, please!"

I put my book in my backpack and waited. I took a sip of my now cold coffee. Another tear rolled down her right cheek. As before, I carefully reached up and brushed the tear away.

"You broke the mold Ken. Do you realize that?" She paused. "You bastard." She whispered.

"I will text you for our date tomorrow night. That other Ken, the Ken I first met better show up."

With that she stood. I hurried and stood also, "Stop that!" she said as she picked up her book bag and purse, turned and walked away.

I watched her walk out of the coffee shop. As she waited to cross the street, my phone buzzed, I looked at the text message. 'You better be staring at my eyes and hair ... and not my ass. 😉 "

I smiled.

***

I just finished my Data Structures class and was making my way to the library. I had time before my Cyber Threats class when my phone buzzed.

'Tomorrow night, Looney's Pub 7:30 dress casual. My potential boyfriend wears a shirt with a collar.'

I replied. "As you wish." I decided I was going to take a risk.

"I can pick you up if you want. That isn't walking distance for you. Your future boyfriend should be chivalrous and pick you up for our date." I muted my phone and sat at a table in the library.

It was after 8:45 that night when I finished my project in the computer lab. As I was walking to the parking lot, my phone rang. Seeing the caller ID answered right away.

"Yes M'Lady, how can this nobleman be of service to you?" I tried to sound as silly as possible with my voice, a Victorian / English accent.

"Hmm, well dear nobleman." I could hear her giggling. "I am in the mood for companionship and a beverage. Let's call this a pre-date date. If you are game, I will text you an address, meet me if you please."

I continued to be goofy, "Certainly as M'Lady wants, M'Lady shall get. Your humble nobleman is leaving the futuristic computer laboratory now."

Mary laughed.

I found a parking spot in the strip mall parking lot and made my way to Miller's Bar & Ale. I sent a text letting her know I arrived and asked where she was sitting.

'Back corner nearest the bathrooms.'

I made my way inside and located bathrooms. I walked back towards the tables, finally, seeing her looking at me and smiling. I wanted to go sit down next to her yet decided it would be better to sit across from her, pulled on the chair and had a seat.

She placed her hands palms up on the table. The bright smile that was on her face grew brighter and wider. I kept my hands on my side of the table. No words were exchanged. The waitress came by and I ordered a draft and an order of onion rings and basket of fries.

"I will pay for this tomorrow morning when I get up and go for a run."

She frowned but then winked. "I need a favor from you." She curled her fingers motioning for my hands.

I placed my hands on top of hers. "What is it?"

Mary closed her fingers around mine and said. "Please act like that a bit more, be silly, fun, quick witted, and smiling." She squeezed my fingers, "Please try for me?"

I nodded my head. We sat in silence for a bit, my beer and the food arrived. She let go of my hands and grabbed at an onion ring and started eating.

I scoffed at her in fun, "And what rule does this fall under that you get my onion rings?" She winked and blew me a kiss.

After two drafts and a second order of fries, she yawned. It was late she looked emotionally drained and tired.

"Okay drive me home and save me a rideshare." I smiled and stood walking over and semi-bowing I held out my hand, "M'Lady, your chariot waits."

She took my hand and stood. As quickly as I could I pulled her into me close, not tight but close and kissed her cheek. I could hear her hum in happiness. Breaking the hug, I led her out to my blazer.

Mary got in and settles the passenger seat without any difficulties. Within a few moments, we were pulled out of the parking lot and down the main street towards her place.

"What is your class schedule tomorrow? Mine is very light, just an afternoon Economics class." She moved her hand to my right leg resting it on my thigh just above my knee.

"I have a morning Data Structure, a mid-morning Network Security, then a group project meeting at 2:00. From there to the computer lab then home to get ready for our date."

"Oh, so busy in the morning." Her hand moved up and down my thigh slowly.

We had arrived at her duplex, and I pulled into a parking spot. I put my Blazer in Park and turned off the ignition. I twisted slightly in my seat looking at her.

"Mary, I am going to say something and I do not want you to be upset. So please believe me."

She took my hands in hers.

"I appreciate you hinting at or suggesting that I spend the evening. There is nothing more than I want to make love to you and spend the night. But not yet ... not yet my dear. I want to make sure that is what we both want. Okay?"

She nodded and leaned forward and kissed my lips softly. "Okay, not what I was expecting. I just hope you realize how many 'cool points' you just earned saying that."

And with that, I opened my door, got out, and walked around the front of the Blazer. I opened the passenger door, assisting her out. I walked her up the three steps to the entrance of her duplex where I held her hands and kissed her lips, one more time, wishing her a good night's sleep.

"I look forward to our date tomorrow."

Mary turned, opened her front door, and went into the duplex. As I heard the door close and the lock click. I made my way down the three steps, got into my blazer and drove home, thinking to myself what a wonderful and special woman she truly is.

***

I got up early and went for a jog, not too long but I needed to clear my head and stay in shape. I am five years older than Mary and I really need to stay in shape. My classes went off without a hitch as did the group project.

Right at 7:10, I left the apartment to pick up Mary for our date. I pulled up to her duplex, got out, went and rang her bell. A few moments later she came down wearing black jeans, a gray top, her hair was curled some and it was lying across her shoulders beautifully framing her face.

She smiled and moved up on her top toes kissing my lips briefly. "Let's go driver." She winked and away we went.

We parked and got a table at Looney's but this time I sat next to her. We ordered appetizers and a draft for me and a white wine for her. We sat there enjoying our drinks, the veggie and appetizers special. It was as if we were the only people in the bar let alone the world.

We had an amazing night of light conversation, a few flirty conversations and a few quiet special moments when I just looked in her eyes. No words were needed at one point when our hands touched and we truly connected.

I paid the check and we made our way back to the Blazer and eventually to her place. I got out and moved as quickly as I could, I opened the door for her and walked her to the door.

Standing at her front door, we kissed again this time my hands gently at her sides. It occurred to me that all night I was chatting with her, staring at her and it didn't hit me until that moment, she wasn't wearing a bra.

I slid my hands up her sides, kissing her deeply. My fingers caressed the firmness of the sides of her breasts. I felt daring and tried a little more. I spread out my thumbs from my fingers searching out the front of her bounty and found her nipples. I had to admit to myself how fortunate I was to be kissing this amazing woman.

Mary didn't jump or stop or move away, she moaned deeper into my mouth and pulled me tighter. Mary broke the kiss.

"Okay! Stop Mr. Cool Points, you are too tempting."

I kissed her once more on the lips and.

"Okay coffee tomorrow morning?"

She laughed and said "No, I need sleep." She paused then kissed my lips. Okay, I can do a Saturday morning date. But it isn't tomorrow morning; it's this morning. See you at the coffee shop in seven hours." She unlocked her door and went inside.

***

And so we dated, cautiously, slowly but being understanding what the other needed. As I navigated the first semester of my junior year, I fell into a steady flow of working out, classes, time in the computer lab and time with Mary.

Our time together was special to me. I was slowly staring to fall in love with her. I didn't go looking for it, it just simply happened. And I didn't mind.

Over the next few weeks we saw each other every morning for coffee except Fridays, that was my long run day. As her evening class schedule allowed we went on a few new "dive bar" dinner dates. Some were good, and some not so good, the food that is.

One thing that was certain: we always took the time to complement each other, to show affection. It wasn't fake; it was pure and genuine as we started to fall for each other.

Lastly we always made sure we shared a loving kiss. These kisses were important for me as I wanted Mary to know just how much I wanted her. I needed to capture her heart, mind, and soul. Once I knew I was in them, I knew her body would soon follow but I wasn't rushing our physical relationship yet.

There was still a challenge in my mind which I needed to deal with. I am pretty certain she was well aware of my physical and disability insecurity.

The first week of October, weeks before Halloween and we were back at a dive burger and beer joint near the Inner Harbor. Mary had been hinting about this friend of hers, someone she met her freshman year; a nursing student. She was cute and single but an introvert and wasn't dating. She was beating around the bush, talking in circles.

"Okay, let's set her up with a guy I know, Dave." I said.

"He is pretty cool and like me a true extrovert."

Mary smiled, "You deserve so much for being so kind to me."

I winked and whispered. "Maybe we shower together after my next run, or a quickie in the bathroom." I joked.

She blushed deep red and smiled wide. I think I caught her off guard, that for the first time, I was direct about our potential sexual relationship.

That following Friday night, we ate at what was turning out to be our favorite pizza place/ dive bar. This time I had Dave in tow and Mary was bringing Shelly. Yep, we were dating less than two months and we were setting two friends up on a double date.

The night seemed to be going really well when Shelley told us about a Halloween costume party she was invited to but wasn't able to attend. She frowned saying "its couples only and the costumes needed to match the couples."

I raised my glass to take a sip of beer and paused when I heard Mary say "Okay, we are in, we will double date. I love a good costume party." I looked at Dave, smiled and took a sip of my beer.

Okay, I guess Mary is taking care of everything.

As the evening drew to a close, I was able to see that Dave and Shelly were starting to hit it off and I could tell in their words and actions that they were happy to have met.

I yawned and was called a lightweight as it was only 10:30. My excuse was that I needed to spend some time on a project tomorrow. Mary and I excused ourselves. I gave Dave some cash to pay the bill plus one more beer for Dave and Shelly, and left giving the two new friend's time to finish the evening.

As we walked out, I grabbed Mary by her waist pulling her backwards, her ass bumping against my groin and chest. I wrapped my hands around her waist, just under her breasts. I kissed her neck and bit her earlobe and whispered.

"Aphrodite, you look absolutely stunning and irresistible tonight. I can't keep my eyes and hands off of you."

Her perfume was driving me crazy. I spun her around facing me.

"I have never been so lucky to be around a more beautiful woman."

I kissed her once more and moving my hands down her back bringing them to a stop on her blue jean covered ass, I pulled her closer. We broke the kiss and I asked her to my place for coffee.

We walked hand in hand, sneaking a few kisses as we walked the few blocks to my apartment. Once we were inside and the door was closed, I leaned down to this beautiful Aphrodite lookalike and simply kissed her forehead, then her eyes, then her nose and finally a simply soft kiss on her lips. Mary exhaled then squealed as I broke the kiss. I bent down wrapping my one arm under her legs the other around her back and picked her up.

She squealed. "Ken! Your leg!"

I had already compensated by lifting her putting all the weight on my right side, using my left leg as balance only.

"I have you my dear Aphrodite; I will never drop you or fail you."

I looked deeper into her eyes and as I started walking back to my bedroom, I kissed her deeper and more sensual than I ever had. I laid her down gently on the bed. I lay next to her continuing to kiss her face, lips and neck.

I slowly moved down kissing her exposed upper chest and allowed my finger to search out the buttons that held her blouse closed. As I caressed her body with my lips and slowly unbuttoned her blouse she grabbed me by the hair, lifted my head and looked at me.

"Please hurry the hell up!"

I winked, and shook my head 'No'.

I continued to slowly unbutton her blouse exposing her breasts and her hardening nipples. Slowly kissing the underside of her right breast, my left thumb found her left nipple simply caressing it and thumbing it from side to side. Mary pulled my head up moving my mouth to her right nipple begging me to feast on it.

I continued to caress her breasts, loving them and her as much as I was capable of, then Mary grabbed onto my shirt pulling it up.

My hands immediately grasped at hers, stopping her motion. I stopped kissing her. "Mary no please."

Her hands released my shirt and fell flat against my side over the shirt. I felt her fingers cross over the scars on my side... tears formed in her eyes.

"Not yet please, one day but not tonight."

She nodded then whispered, "I understand Ken, I understand."

With her hands and her touch she motioned me up. "Please kiss me Ken."

As our kisses were soft, loving, and slow and focused on the other. Breaking our kiss, I lifted myself up and away from her. I gently rolled her over face and stomach down and moved her hands above her head. Sitting on her ass, I started kissing and nipping at her neck. My hands roaming the sides of her breasts and down lower to her hips, the up her back caressing her beautiful body.

12