Taking Care of Everything Ch. 05

Story Info
The rewrite - Transitions - Revelations.
5.3k words
4.7
1.8k
2

Part 5 of the 10 part series

Updated 09/12/2023
Created 06/06/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Transitions - Revelations

Revised by Aoife

A/N - The below story is fictional and fun. In collaboration with the previous author and at his request, the below and in time, the continuing chapters are all significant rewrites. This is collaboration with the original author. He is aware of the changes and has with them and its publication.

This is a romantic love story. That being said, please know this story contains love and sexual relations and interactions between a man and a woman. In future chapters the love goes into a trio relationship including the love of two women who learn about and grow into their bisexuality. We truly hope you enjoy it.

***

I was shocked, stunned and frankly almost fell over when he hugged me as I damn near lost my balance. ... Vice President, J&T Consulting, LLC

That night Mary and I made love. It was phenomenal, exhausting, exhilarating and overly stimulating.

We curled up in bed falling asleep snuggling her head resting on my chest. Christmas morning we woke up making love like it was our first time. It was a wonderful New Year's Eve, just the two of us alone with a great bottle of wine and some snacks.

**** End of Chapter 4 ****

***

It was the middle of January when we started to make plans for our 20th wedding anniversary in September. It would be a special time for the two of us. We just felt that a two week long vacation was well warranted. The trip would be just us alone, celebrating our love, life and our future.

As we flipped the calendar to February, the month of love, we looked forward to a wonderful month but a busy month. We each blocked off our calendars for Valentine's Day. I asked Mary to pick a restaurant of her choice and we would have an evening filled with anything she desired.

"Ken dear." She held me tight, "The restaurant I picked is in our kitchen. It will be too cold to grill out but I would like just us and a simple meal and a few glasses of wine with you."

I was excited and agreed I couldn't look forward to a more romantic and lovely evening with my beautiful bride.

Yet what came on the first Thursday of February turned out to become the saddest day of my life. Outside of the day that I buried my parents, this was truly the worst and saddest day of my life.

Before I continue, I ask that you understand and know that for almost twenty years of marriage Mary and I were still in love. When we met at that coffee shop near the University of Maryland campus, we realized we clicked but as you previously read, we had a hiccup due to my emotional stability and lack of belief in me. We mended and started all over again.

In the years of our marriage Mary had her quirks and I had mine. We each agreed there was always love there. Making love to Mary was phenomenal, exhausting, exhilarating, and at times over stimulating. It was rarely routine, we made certain of that. Her satisfaction and her love was always my focus and I knew she felt that way about me. I was her focus.

I can't stress enough how deep our love is. How much we did for each other. How much respect and understanding of what the other wanted or needed was on top of the others mind. We always did something special for each other. Regardless of how small or large, random or planned, it was always about the other person.

As a matter of fact, for the almost twenty-three years we were together, neither of us needed to or even considered an affair with another lover.

We were creative, kinky, open to trying new sexual and non-sexual experiences and very communicative about it. She wasn't comfortable with anal so we never engaged in it.

Mary loved it when I made love to her beautiful firm breasts and would cum on her rose tattoo covered chest or depositing my cum in her mouth.

I couldn't get enough of her nectar when she would spray in my mouth or on my face cumming in the throes of our passion. She experienced many orgasms and almost passed out many times as I would enjoy oral cunnilings while twisting and pulling on her nipples as she was tied spread eagle on our bed.

We enjoyed numerous vacations but to me none more romantic than a cruise or a trip to the beach. My favorite was on the beach in Oahu. Mary and I walked without a care in the world as the sun began its descent towards the horizon, casting a warm golden glow across the sky.

Our last night while on the island we had a romantic date. We went for a stroll hand in hand along the tranquil beach. The soft sand cushioned our feet, while the rhythmic sound of crashing waves provided the sounds of bliss we enjoyed on the vacation.

This is what we were meant for, enjoying the peace and happiness of each other like this every day. We were always open, honest and at times really adventurous in our love making.

She took me by surprise the first time or two but I got used to her relieving herself while we showered together. It was usually a surprise but I grew to love the feeling of when she would just release on my leg or soft cock while we showered.

She loved when my hands held her open. I kissed and nibbled her neck while it flowed from her while the shower rained down on her face and chest. I honestly grew to enjoy this side of her. I learned early in our marriage that she loved holding my cock while I peed into the toilet, while we were in the shower or out in the open when I needed to pee.

Yes we were different; we were erotic, sensual, and a bit kinky. On our first cruise, we made love on the balcony of our cruise ship room. Everyone does it. We found it even more special when the Caribbean sun was rising or setting as we looked out upon it.

What was even more romantic and sensual was when the moon lit up the evening and the Caribbean ocean while we engaged in our passion and love for one another. There was one time while sailing through the inner coastal ways of Alaska; damn that was cold.

I can't count how many times I filled her, coating her velvet walls and womb or mouth. I couldn't count how many orgasms she had as she fed me her nectar while out on a cruise ship balcony.

We always laughed at what folks in the cabins to our right and left thought. Did they hear us? Did it excite them? What if they came out and started, would they be the voyeur? We would watch, why not!

There was the quickie while hiking through Valley of Fire, a State Park in NV or the slow passionate session while camping and stargazing at Bryce Canyon National Park.

We were daring, loving and totally enjoyed acting like teenagers making love in public but out of sight. I believe the most exhilarating time was at a sunset near a very well photographed arch near Moab, Utah. She sat on my lap as we made sweet love until we both were satisfied.

I have vivid memories of the wildest and most daring times we made love. Once, we had sex in a bathroom stall at a world renowned park during the Christmas light display extravaganza. We were horny like crazy kids and loved the idea of a good fuck session where there was a chance to get caught.

Yeah it was cold but Mary always laughed and joked about our 'essence' mixed together soaking her panties as we listened to Christmas carols walking down the main street as seasonal dressed characters interacted with guests.

We drizzled chocolate sauce everywhere, when we tried some caramel sauce with whipped cream but that didn't go over too well.

Again, we were a bit wild; we were full in love and totally devoted to each other.

I am deeply in love with Mary, heart, mind, body and soul, and she is me.

***

To continue, I came home late that fateful Thursday night from work to find Mary lifeless, lying on the living room floor still dressed in her business suit. I shook her. I called her name and pinched her. There was still no response. I grabbed my phone and dialed 911 then started CPR as the dispatcher talked me through the instructions.

The paramedics arrived within minutes but it seemed hours. With a flurry of activity they took over. It seemed like time stood still as it took forever until they got her in the ambulance and raced away. They worked tirelessly trying to revive the love of my life.

Mary arrived at the Emergency Room still lifeless, the staff did their absolute best but it wasn't to be. I waited outside in the waiting room area until a very somber-sounding shadow of a person with a chaplain in tow approached me in the waiting area, pulling me aside into a room, telling me they had done their best.

I was thankful that they assured me she passed without pain. Did they really know?

They walked me back to say goodbye to the love of my life once more. She was cleaned up, pale white, covered with a hospital sheet as her suite and blouse had been removed in the life saving process.

I held her hand and cried for my dearest Mary. After a few moments there was a soft knock on the ER suite door. The curtain was pulled back and the doctor with the Chaplin inquired who he could call on my behalf. I shook my head sitting there mostly numb realizing that at the age of 50, I just lost my friend, my partner, my wife and the love of my life.

I pulled out my phone to search for contacts. Scrolling past coworkers, a college friend, an Army buddy or two, Kelly, Mary's sister, finally finding Dave. I pressed the dial. Hearing Dave's voice, I handed the phone to the Chaplain then I lowered my hands into my face.

Dave and Shelly explained to the chaplain they were six hours away and would call Katy, dispatching her right away to be with me, she was only 30 miles away.

Once the call ended, the chaplain asked if I needed a transportation home. I stood, shook his hand and thanked him, sharing that I drove following the ambulance.

I walked out of the hospital and took a seat in my car. I sent a text message to John, the owner of the company, asking him if I could have a few days off for a family emergency and would he please try to call me in the morning. I sent Jordan, my EA the same text.

I drove home and sat in the driveway, numb. I eventually entered our house, for the first time in my life, without the love of my life ever coming home.

I sat on the living room couch and called Kelly, Mary's only sister and broke the news to her.

***

It was well after 11:00 pm when Katy knocked on my front door. I opened the door welcoming her.

"Uncle Ken" she started crying in my arms, "I am so sorry."

Tears rolled from my eyes and hers as we hugged. I led her into the living room, closing and locking the front door.

"Katy dear, make herself at home. The spare room is made up. I will stay out here until your parents arrive."

"Nonsense, I am here for you. And I will wait until Mom and Dad arrive."

I must have fallen asleep as I woke to the ringing of the doorbell. Katy had opened the door and let her parents inside. I heard voices as Dave and Shelly arrived. Hugs and kind words were exchanged. We sat and I explained what had happened and how I found her.

I offered them our bedroom and that I would sleep on the couch for the night as they must have been tired from the drive. It was after 12:30 when we all hugged and cried the final tear of the evening and went our separate ways to try and sleep.

I woke the next morning hearing dishes rattling in the kitchen. As I walked into the kitchen I saw Shelly was trying to make a pot of coffee. She was opening and closing the cabinets searching for the necessary items.

She looked over and smiled at me. "Ken, I love you but you are still wearing yesterday's clothes. Go shower and come out. We are here now to take care of you."

I felt Dave wrap me in a side-bear hug. "You are family, my friend. We got you."

I couldn't believe the love of their friendship. They dropped their lives for me. I turned and walked upstairs, tears welling in my eyes. I took my shower and walked back down to the kitchen finding Dave, Shelly and Katy, making breakfast.

Kelly, Mary's sister, was to arrive at 9:00 to start assisting with the required phone calls and notifications. When Kelly arrived, we spent 30 minutes talking as I replayed the events of the previous night for the third time.

We started making the calls. I handled her employer and her friends, a list which I found in her cell phone contact list. Katy had found her phone. It was still in her purse which had been moved out of the way when the paramedics had arrived.

We made so many calls only answering the questions replying "We aren't sure. It was sudden and unexpected. They tried everything they could."

It seemed like the calls were nonstop and droned on. Katy continued checking on me ensuring I was okay. Dave and Shelly took it upon themselves to find lunch and became self-professed waiters and housekeepers.

At one point I needed to sit down. My leg had been bothering me. It was then I realized that except for my shower, I hadn't removed the prosthetic nor had I given myself a chance to relax it at all.

I excused myself and took a moment in the bedroom, shutting the door.

As I sat on the bed, I removed my leg, the gel pad and my sock. Whether it was shock or stress or reality but emotions took over at that point. I broke down falling backwards on the bed crying.

It was a few moments later when there was a soft knock on the door. I attempted to wave off whoever it was but the door opened. Shelly and Katy had come in to check on me.

Shelly, the ever observant nurse, noticed it first. The skin of my nub was chaffed red; the skin was broken, cracked and reddened to the point of almost bleeding. Shelly tended to my leg while Katy got me a warm cloth to soothe my tears and face. I lay there feeling useless and drained.

"I can't go on." I exhaled, hoping no one would hear.

Shelly stopped and looked at me pulling the washcloth from my face.

"Enough of that!" She was firm, bold, and harsh. "I will not hear that again my friend. You will survive and we are here to make sure you do."

A few hours later, Kelly and Dave went with me to the funeral home. Kelly had handled that call in the morning based on a recommendation from a friend. She needed my DD FM 214 which I was able to find for them.

John called telling me to take the time I needed but letting him know what arrangements were.

***

On Monday, we held a minimal nondenominational funeral service. Mary was cremated and would be placed in a columbarium located at the Maryland State Veterans Cemetery located in Reisterstown, MD.

Friends, families, coworkers, business associates, and clients were invited to our home for a wake and celebration of Mary's life. It was in tribute to Mary as she loved to entertain. I can't honestly say how many people I spoke with or how many were received at our house.

I was overwhelmed with the amount of love in our house during that afternoon and evening combined with the food frenzy that followed was more than I could have ever imagined.

Through a whirlwind of events covering the past 120 hours, Dave and Shelly were my bedrock but I still remember this; Katy, their daughter, never left my side. If I needed a glass of water or a refill of my coffee, Katy was there. Katy ensured that I ate a sandwich part way through the day and a snack as the sun set.

At the end of the afternoon and early evening of remembrance, sorrow, and laughs, Katy was there. Once the house was empty, Dave, Shelly, Katy and I sat outside in the fresh but chilly Maryland air sipping a tumbler filled with Knob Creek Rye.

It hit me hard.

I looked at Dave and Shelly and asked. "What am I to do? Mary took care of everything. Christ almighty, I can't remember the last time I wrote a check, paid a bill, or even really paid attention to the mail." I took a sip of rye. "I sound a fool, I bet."

My last memory of that evening was saying good night to Dave and Shelly. I hugged them both, thanking them for their friendship and love.

They were leaving early in the morning for the drive home to Cleveland. I promised I would be in touch. I couldn't thank my dear friends enough.

Katy walked me to the bedroom telling me she will lock up and take care of everything. Katy shut my bedroom door as I set my alarm. I fell asleep knowing I needed to get back on track.

I had a great boss but I needed to get to work. I needed to focus on something. I wouldn't want Mary to see the weakness and self-doubt return. I wouldn't want her to think ill of me. She would have been nagging.

I heard her voice telling me to "Get back into your routine and move forward with your life. Do not fall backwards.'

I know it is what Mary would have wanted.

The autopsy later showed that an aneurysm in her brain ruptured. Mary passed peacefully and painlessly.

***

I woke the following Tuesday morning and out of muscle memory I almost rolled over to kiss Mary good morning but realized what my new reality was. I headed for the shower. I was mentally prepared to get dressed and head back to the office and move to the next chapter in my life. As brutal as that sounded, I needed to. Mary would want me to.

It was then that I was just absolutely scared out of my mind. As I was in the shower, there was a knock at the bathroom door. As the door opened and I heard.

"Ken, its Katy. Mom and Dad have left for home. Coffee is ready and I will start your breakfast when you come down." Then the door closed.

Obviously she spent the night and true to her word she started to take care of everything. I finished getting ready and dressed making my way downstairs to the kitchen.

I was dressed in my standard dress shirt, tie and slacks. It felt good to be ready to return to the fast pace of the business world. I knew it would get my mind off of Mary and the events of the last days.

I walked into the kitchen and was met with Katy's smile. As promised, my coffee cup was full and she was putting together a bowl of fresh fruit and yogurt. I sat where she had placed my coffee cup, and waited for her.

Katy brought to the table her tea and a bowl of fruit and yogurt and a bagel with cream cheese for both of us.

She smiled. "These were in the fridge. I hope you don't mind."

Katy was dressed for work wearing a business casual blouse and dress slacks.

"You came prepared when you left and returned on Sunday didn't you?"

"I told Mom and Dad that it was a bit of a distance from your place to mine and that I would do what I felt necessary to help. You don't mind, do you Uncle Ken?"

"Katy, just Ken. You are a bit old for the whole Uncle thing."

"Hey!" She screamed. "I am not old Mister! Be careful who you are calling old. I was at your wedding dear sir." She winked as she ate her breakfast.

I shook my head. It was strange but she chatted with me like we were old friends. To a certain point we were friends but she was more like my niece. The conversation was generic but it was comfortable and semi-relaxing. I will admit it was absolutely nerve racking.

Hearing her and seeing her like this made me pause and think how well prepared she was in advance for this. How she had thought out and planned the days. Or could it be that Katy is just a woman that is always prepared. I felt her touch my hand and saw her smile.

"Are you okay? You seem a million miles away."

Shaking my head and looking down at my partially eaten breakfast I said "No dear, I am fine. I need to get going."

I stood still looking at Katy; suddenly I turned and placed my plate in the sink. I walked back to her, gave her a hug, asked her to lock up the house and walked out heading to work.

***

As I arrived at work, I had mixed emotions. I was focused and motivated. Sitting at my desk, I found my work had been left the same, nothing was touched. Unfortunately my "Review" bin was piling up with items and project folders needing review.

12