Taking Care of Everything Ch. 06

Story Info
The rewrite - Eyes Wide Open.
5.5k words
4.75
2.3k
2

Part 6 of the 10 part series

Updated 09/12/2023
Created 06/06/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Taking Care of Everything - Ch. 6

Eyes Wide Open

Revised by Aoife

A/N - The below story is fictional and fun. In collaboration with the previous author and at his request, the below and in time, the continuing chapters are all significant rewrites. This is collaboration with the original author. He is aware of the changes and has with them and its publication.

This is a romantic love story. That being said, please know this story contains love and sexual relations and interactions between a man and a woman. In future chapters the love goes into a trio relationship including the love of two women who learn about and grow into their bisexuality. We truly hope you enjoy it.

***

"You have a busy day tomorrow, you should go home, get something to eat and get some sleep." She turned and walked out of the office. She mumbled something else but I couldn't hear her.

"I heard you!" I spat at her

She turned over her shoulder and smiled. "No you didn't."

I smiled for the first time in what seemed forever.

I left about a half hour later. Driving home I tried calling Katy, getting her voicemail. I left a message of thanks and appreciation for her care and concern for me. Lastly, I asked if she could meet Friday night for dinner, my treat.

Sadly, our Friday night dinner never happened. It was my fault; I just never called her back to confirm.

I see her face constantly and from time to time, I see Mary lying there on our floor.

*** End of Chapter 5 ***

***

My life was like the instructions on a shampoo bottle. The next few weeks were "Wet, Lather, Rinse, Repeat."

I went to work. I dove in; it allowed me to escape my reality. I would go home and I would attempt to move on. I read articles and books and considered their recommendations. I listened to others' advice but really didn't. Some recommended that you not make any decision in the first year. Great, I thought of a date on the calendar which I didn't need a reminder of to make life decisions. I made a mental note; do not make any decisions before next February. I liked that.

I tried small things, like emptying her makeup drawer in our, scratch that my bathroom. I put away her hairdryer, curling irons, goodness she had a bunch of stuff. I put it all in boxes. God the bathroom and her vanity looked empty and barren.

Sleep still wasn't easy. I would toss and turn. Some nights I slept on the couch, some nights I didn't sleep. Have you ever tried sleeping alone in a king sized bed that was filled for more than twenty years?

Each week I set a plan to do one thing moving forward. I tried to pack some of her clothes, taking them to a women's shelter; most are still in her closet. I dropped off her suits and business clothes at a local veteran's organization to assist returning combat veterans and family members.

One day when I stopped in I met a woman, An Army veteran; she must have been my age. I noticed her lapel pin, it was a Purple Heart pin. She offered a soothing ear and a cup of coffee. When I sat she noticed my prosthetic as my ankle was exposed. She asked I didn't get into details. I just shared it was an IED incident a few years ago.

She knocked on her right leg. "Kindred brother and sister my friend." She was kind and invited me to their monthly chats with others. I appreciated her invite but declined. Months later when her estate was settled, I wrote a check, a donation in Mary's honor asking it to be earmarked for women veterans' education. It wasn't that much but it could help a few.

Weeks turned to months. Clothing was packed and donated. Her books were packed and dropped off at the library. Kelly came and took some of her jewelry, the rest was donated. She was buried with her 'good' jewels.

I walked into the office Thursday seeing it was the last week of August. I wondered where the summer had gone. I hadn't gone anywhere; I was focused on moving this company forward and looking for more success for John, Tara and the team.

No, that was a lie. I had disappeared, purposefully. I heard a knock on my door, Jordan walked part way into my office. She asked if she could speak with me.

"Sure." I responded.

She closed the door and took a few steps forward. Goodness she looked stunning this morning. She was wearing a pencil thin skirt, that truly accentuated her thin waist and beautiful bottom no, scratch that, Jordan had a great looking ass, sculpted to perfection. Her blouse was a matching aqua blue, showing just a bit of cleavage.

I could see the lace outline of her bra through her top. My mind wondered. Good gracious. I wonder how amazing her tits would be wrapped around my cock. Would she swallow my cum if I filled her mouth? Would she whimper in pain or beg for more if I bit down onto her nipples. Wow she had a beautiful pair of breasts.

She sat down in one of the chairs across from my desk.

She exhaled. Wait ... that was not her normal seat. Something was going on. Oh fuck!

It was then I noticed she wasn't carrying my coffee. In her hand she held a folder. It was thin, thin enough to contain a single sheet of paper. I have seen this one or two times in my past, a thin folder, an employee asking to speak with me in private, closing my door, taking a seat across from the desk. It usually meant a resignation.

I immediately started to panic. I thought to myself, please God no, don't resign, don't do it to me, and don't resign. I hadn't changed or at least tried not to change my facial expression.

She crossed then uncrossed and crossed her legs sitting on the edge of the chair.

Jordan took a deep breath and said "We need to talk."

Shit here it comes.

"Ken I am concerned about you. You never go out, you are always working and I haven't put anything personal on your schedule... since ... well you know."

I let out a huge sigh of relief. "Jordan, I can't. I am not ready and there is no way."

I paused looking up. Jordan's eyes widened and she started to grit her teeth. Oh no, there is that look of hers, the one that could melt ice, the one that Mike told me about years ago, the one where she always gets what she wants. I had seen it a few times when traveling and something wasn't right in a reservation or an order not correct.

That was the "I am right and you aren't" look. The "stop and listen to me." look.

I needed to take the upper hand here. Before she could say another word I put my hand up, smiled.

"Jordan, I am not going to discuss this. It is not a topic I am prepared to engage in with you at this point."

I looked straight into her eyes and continued, "I appreciate your concern; I know you mean well. Frankly you mean the world to me but I am not interested in this conversation."

Jordan stood, looked at me. "You, the Vice President, yes, you sir, have yet to RSVP to the company summer picnic. That is next week, sir. If you aren't ready for a conversation then fine! But you sir haven't told me or Margaret what you are doing nor submitted your RSVP. Sir."

She placed the folder in the "Review" bin and started to leave. She stopped at my door, turned and said.

"Just be there sir. No excuses."

I tried to call out to her but she slammed my door closed. A short time passed, possibly a minute, I turned to my computer when I heard the alert for an incoming email message. I looked and saw a new email from Jordan.

The subject line was simple and short "Not feeling well. Leaving for the day." Damn I pissed her off. I really couldn't blame her but I wasn't ready for that kind of conversation.

I took a break for lunch later that day. When I returned I walked over to Margaret's desk. I told her I was coming to the picnic and that I had a separate conversation with John previously.

"Thank you Kenneth. Was Jordan alright? She stopped by morning; it looked as if she had been crying. She told me she wasn't well and needed to go home."

I paused. "I'm not sure she did say she wasn't feeling well." I walked back to my office.

***

I walked in Friday morning ready to apologize to Jordan. I had stopped by her favorite coffee shop and bought her a gift card and wrote on the outside, 'I am sorry.'

I walked closer to her desk, the gift card in hand. There wasn't even a 'Good Morning' from her.

"You have an unscheduled visitor in your office."

I placed the envelope on her desk. I looked in my office and saw Katy sitting on my couch. I asked Jordan to give me a few minutes to chat with Katy then I needed to speak with her.

"Yes sir."

"That is enough of that! I looked down at her, "Understand?" I said walking into my office, shutting the door.

I put on a half-smile. "Hi Katy, I didn't know you were coming to see me this morning."

She stood and walked over, stopping in front of me. She came close enough wrapping me in a warm gentle hug. Katy's hug lingered a little longer than expected but wow she felt good in my arms. I wondered, was it me or was she hugging me a bit tighter than usual?

My arms stroked up and down her back. Wow she felt good her body fit nicely against mine. Her firm body, flat tummy, toned arms, and firm breasts felt so wonderful against me. Good god my cock started to respond.

What am I thinking, this is Katy you jackass. She is a dear friend of the family. Her parents, Dave and Shelley were friends from University of Maryland, they were with you as you and they together mourned with you at a wake service for your wife!

The girl I watched grow into the spectacular professional she is. The woman I watched walked across the stage while sitting with her mother and father as she graduated Magna Cum Laude, from Case Western Reserve with her MBA.

And you are getting a hard on. Quickly, I kissed her cheek releasing the hug and stepped over to my couch, both of us sitting down.

Katy sat down next to me, smiled and asked how I was. We shared a few moments of chit chat, pleasantries. I apologized for missing our dinner making up an excuse for not responding to her other messages.

"I am a bad Uncle Katy." She grinned.

"Ken, I thought you said we would drop the Uncle thing as I was old enough."

She turned her body as we sat on the couch.

"Jordan told me that you haven't sent an RSVP for the Labor Day picnic which is on Monday." She said in more of a statement, not a question.

I lowered my head shaking and said. "I am attending."

John stopped me in the hallway the previous week. I explained I would be there but not with anyone; he understood.

Katy took hold of my hand, looked me straight in the eyes. "No, I am your plus one. We are going together, it is time you started living again. Jordan took care of it."

Katy stood telling me that she needed to leave but she wanted a hug. I stood wrapped my arms around her giving her a hug. She kissed my cheek and hugged me tighter. Yes, she was holding me tighter than needed and seemingly pushing her breasts into me, I am sure of it this time.

My gosh, I could feel her firm breasts against my chest. I held her a little tighter, it felt so good. I took a deep breath taking in her perfume. I swear I heard her whimper slightly as we hugged. Then I realized I was pulling her in tighter. Damn she felt good.

It felt good to hug a woman. I missed this! Good god, is Katy pressing her crotch into me? Katy whispered in my ear.

"Don't worry; we will take care of everything." Breaking the hug, she kissed my cheek again. It was difficult this time; it was a soft loving kiss on my cheek. A lover's kiss

"You don't have a choice. WE care about you."

I thought to myself what?? We? ... Who is "We"?

With a wink she spun out of my arms, turned on her heels and was out the door.

Oh god, my cock was awake. I sat down at my desk, adjusted my cock in my jeans and immediately called Jordan asking her to step into my office right away.

There was a soft knock, I didn't say a word. Jordan walked in, her head low, almost looking at the carpet.

"You can close the door behind you, and then take a seat." I snarled at her,

She knew from my tone of voice this was intended to be a one-way conversation. I started to speak but stopped, looking at her, I was mesmerized. Good gosh she is absolutely stunningly gorgeous.

Part of what I like about Friday's is that we have a dress casual policy. If no client meetings are scheduled, jeans and more casual clothing are allowed. I looked at her, staring into her eyes, I then lowered my gaze to her face trying to have her see my thoughts and how upset I was.

Then it hit me, she is perfect. I could kiss her all night. My eyes moved lower to her chest, but almost immediately I moved then back up to her eyes. Jordan cleared her throat coughing slightly and asked if I needed anything. I looked at her and firmly asked.

"Who or what is this 'We'?" I actually lifted my hands using air quotation marks.

She blushed and said that Katy had called her a few weeks ago and was worried. She was right; I screwed up and missed connecting with Katy and the Friday night dinner I promised her all those months ago.

It was true, I blew it but in my defense I couldn't do it. I didn't think I could laugh nor have fun yet. Jordan continued saying Katy felt I was depressed and needed to be cheered up. That they had cooked up this scheme so they could see a smile on my face once again.

I tried to act pissed but I couldn't; I realized I was wrong and they were right. I told her that was all. Jordan stood to leave. She hesitated reaching my office door, I asked her to wait; she stopped, turned around and waited.

I got up, walked over to her and opened my arms. Jordan smiled, nodded and accepted my hug. As I held her it was difficult for me to keep my hands above her waist, but I did. She has a beautifully pear shaped ass. My God she was amazing.

I moved my cheek to hers and whispered in her ear. "I am sorry, I just miss her so damn much" I felt Jordan's head move up and down nodding in agreement. I whispered "Let's get some work done."

We separated and she left my office.

Following my last client call for the day, Jordan knocked and came in my office with the notes completed from the last project meeting. She placed them in the Review bin for signature and filing. This time she didn't walk away, she paused which caused me to look up at her.

She was leaning forward slightly allowing her blouse to open just enough granting me the opportunity to see straight down her blouse staring at her breasts which were cradled in her black lace bra. I looked up at her, she blushed and I knew I was busted.

She straightened up, winked at me and said. "I will see you on Monday."

She turned and walked out of my office ending her work day. As I watched her walk out of my office, her beautiful bottom wrapped nicely in the jeans she wore, my cock started to wake up again.

Two things shook me to my core, one, in the more than four years we have worked close together coupled with the countless times we have been this close and considering the many times we had been at company or other events, Jordan never once winked at me.

The second thing was the appearance of her openness to allow me to stare down her blouse as she seemingly gave me free access to view her breasts.

***

Monday morning, the day of the picnic arrived. I was nervous and I knew why. I would be out in public with a plus one for the first time, since, well you know. Another reason, I didn't like wearing shorts exposing my leg. It still bothered me when people saw my prosthetic. I just felt uncomfortable around people dressed like that.

Yes, there were many colleagues I knew fairly well from the company and many I had close relationships with who knew about it and many had seen me previously but ... well I can't explain it.

If I stumbled and fell while walking around the picnic area? God the embarrassment.

I got up early, made a pot of coffee, read the news online, and thought about showering but decided I wanted some breakfast and another cup of coffee first. Making my way through the kitchen, using just one crutch, I looked in the pantry and refrigerator realizing I was totally out of food. When the hell did I go shopping last?

Damn, was I that bad at maintaining a home? How could I not keep simple staples of food in the house? I needed to get myself together. I sat back down at the kitchen table to finish my coffee resigned to the fact I would grab breakfast later.

It was then my horror turned worse. My doorbell rang; I made my way to the door, looked out and saw both Katy and Jordan standing there. I opened the door, and both Jordan and Katy walked in.

"Good morning." They said in unison.

"We are here to make sure you are ready for the picnic." Jordan started by saying. "You aren't ready? We sent you a text. Did you not see it?"

I closed the door and turned to make my way down the short hall following them. I hadn't looked at my phone; I knew it was still on the table.

"No I didn't."

Jordan continued, "You are a leader in the company; you need to be dressed nicely and appropriately for a fun filled day." She looked at me.

"I picked Katy up this morning, she will ride with you. I am meeting Mike at the park. We will have two cars there, not an issue." Jordan finished saying.

I leaned up against the wall then looked at them. They were both dressed impeccably in casual summer tops with beautiful dress shorts and sandals. I thought to myself, what have I done to deserve the help from these two ladies? I was pulled from my daydream when the barrage of questions started from both of them.

"Have you eaten yet?" Then "Did you shower? Certainly we can tell you have not shaved." Back and forth, "Do you have a pair of shorts, a golf shirt or another shirt ironed and deck shoes picked out?

It was like a tennis match. I was going back and forth between them.

"Are you using crutches or your prosthetic today? It's a long day; will you need another gel pad, a dry sock? Your crutches? Do you want your cane?"

I couldn't answer quickly enough. Then it happened. I saw Katy open the cupboard to get a coffee cup. Pouring her the last cup of coffee.

It was as if everything slowed down half speed, in slow motion I watched as she opened the refrigerator in search of some half-n-half.

The slow groan from her mouth hit like a sonic boom. Hearing that, Jordan stopped midway through her next question about the speech I was to give turning and looking at Katy. Jordan, like Katy had a shocked look on her face as she looked in the refrigerator.

The next thing I witnessed was Katy opening and closing the pantry and the other cabinets seemingly doing an inventory. I could hear her groan again.

"Ken! You have no food. Your refrigerator is empty. How are you eating?"

Jordan turned to me and said "Ken?" What is going on here? When was the last time you went shopping, Ken?"

I stood there numb. I wasn't able to maintain my composure any longer; I lost it. I could do nothing; I was overcome with fear, panic, and pain. I dropped into my chair, my crutch hitting the tiled floor.

I started to cry. I was helpless. I thought again what the hell is wrong with me. I am the VP for a nationally recognized organization. A top fifty Network, Cybersecurity, and Solutions firm and I can't even buy half-n-half let alone food.

I felt their hands gently on my shoulders. Katy whispered, "We are here Ken, we will take care of everything."

Jordan picked up my crutch and assisted me in standing. With her thumb from her left hand she gently wiped the tears from my cheeks. "Go please, shave, shower and get dressed, we will take care of everything."

With a few less tears in my eyes, I apologized to them both as I turned and made my way up the stairs to my bedroom.

12