All Comments on 'Taking Flight'

by DwellerDark

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AlwaysrainingAlwaysrainingover 7 years ago
A good one

You capture very well the tentative shy movement of the couple as they grow together. A tender little piece. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Very good. Nice buildup.

DragonlightoneDragonlightoneover 7 years ago
Nice one

I only comment (positively) on good stories. You have a penchant for good romance tales displaying lots of empathy so . . . just keep writing and I'll keep reading 'em.

DwellerDarkDwellerDarkover 7 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you all for the kind comments so far. They really mean a lot to me. This story is a bit strange for me because I started writing it 7 years ago and just finally finished it, so I have no idea if it's any good. The fact that people are enjoying it is humbling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Reads so True

I've lived too long in Sam's shoes. Wish this was me back when it could have made a difference.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Kudos

I also live in Sam's old shoes. I'm not sure if I feel the ending was a little rushed, or if it was just such a good story I didn't want to see it end so soon. Either way, nice job.

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 7 years ago
A pleasure!

Nice to read a love story...that happens to include sex.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

A lovely story with great characters. Truly enjoyed this one, gave it a 5 and wish there had been more. Thank you for your effort. jntiques

trigudistrigudisover 7 years ago
Nice Love Story -

A happy Hollywood ending but so what? I enjoyed it - less the sex and more the preliminaries leading up to it, from the time they met until the time they shared a room. You made me care about these people, made me hope they'd end up together. Of course, they did, so now I have to wonder how they will fare in the future, how the the usual stresses of marriage will affect them. Love can get so tarnished by everything that happens when people live together (married or not) over a period of time.

mammoetmammoetover 7 years ago
great story

i hoped there would have been more chapters to read, this ending was a bit disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Just About Perfect

You should write Romances if you aren't already. You can write believable sympathetic characters. Masterfully done. Five stars, deserves more.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 7 years ago
Just About Right

This story was a ballad with meaning and caring and a very satisfying ending. Sometimes I agree that a story leaves you hanging and wish the author had spent more time to not only end it, but conclude it. If anything, that last paragraph was a bit more than what was needed. The 4 pages of the story told us how these two irregular pieces of humanity were shaped and how they really fit together if you would take the time to give them a little twist and interlock them like a jigsaw puzzle. When you solve a jigsaw puzzle sometimes the pieces when apart don't look like they fit, but when you slide them together like Meredith and Sam they fit just fine. I was afraid the author might not have the will to bring them together since even with today's society what they did was "cheating". They didn't cheat themselves, which in the long run is perhaps the most important criterion of all. 5*, of course!

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
This is a cheating story

Both of you are cheaters, so YOU WILL cheat again...NOT! A ROMANCE BUTT HEAD!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Cheating, not romance

This is not a romance. Get a spine and then divorce and then find romance

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A new begining

OK you too but heads real life dos not work were you meet and get put together and not have some kind of physical relationship after being treated like a log for over 10 YEARS. Be real you too morons something's going to give. You can hold back for only so long before your mind gets numbed up. Then you find someone who really is on you wave length and cares about you. This was a well written story of too people who found what was missing to make them whole again. A by GOD they went and grabbed it.

chytownchytownover 7 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 7 years ago
What is romantic

About someone cheating on their spouse?

This was posted in the wrong category as there is nothing romantic about a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Whoa!

That's a pretty big leap, from buying and listening to her old CD to living with her in LA, in the next sentence. I kind of like stories that move along at a pretty good clip, but that's a little fast, even for me. And not to mention the fact that they were both still married to other people when they moved in together. That seems like a bit of a stretch, putting it in the "romance" section. In spite of all those negatives, I did enjoy the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bad!

This ain't romance, it's more about cheating. Never liked cheaters

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Very Nice

I'm not big on cheating, but this was different. Neither set out to cheat, but fell into it. Another story is sitting there, waiting to be written, about their new life together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Overcritical gave you a 5* !

Those are as rare as hens’ teeth. He must have been more mellow back then.

My only comment is that the ending was way too abrupt.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

Well developed and with good characters makes it a five star read for me.

Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous