All Comments on 'Taking The Class Pt. 02'

by ivan_ronical

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
cuzimhavingagoodtimecuzimhavingagoodtimeover 4 years ago
It just bugs me

Ok, First of all, What the fuck is going on with the timing here. Keeping track of when we are is stupidly hard, I should not have to be working for this. We start out with the timestamp "Friday" To counterpose with our previous timestamp "Tuesday". First, making me go back and check is bad, I should be able to tell exactly what has happened and has yet to happen based on the narration. Second, the fucking thing about Tuesday and Friday is that there equally far apart in both fucking directions! Which Tuesday and which Friday? At first I thought this was a retread of the first time these two had sex from Will's point of view, which was seemingly confirmed by the fact that we immediately go into a recounting of Will's event's immediately after that scene, however, this is a flashback to what I now see is told as "Monday".

Looking at this objectively, the timing seems relatively sequential with like one flashback. The reason this is so hard to tell is that we end chapter one by having sex in a hospital, start chapter two having sex in a school, an event that already happened once, and neither character is making any reference to previous events. That's why I thought it was the first time, and did for like two pages!

And by the way, the idea that Will "accidentally" blackmailed Alaina into sex is pretty stupid and doesn't read great. I just can't wrap my head around the idea that someone as socially aware as Will is somehow considering that it somehow counts as "kinky", and not, y'know, sexual assault, to say "have sex with me or else" when such a thing has not been negotiated, they have no sexual romantic relationship, and he should be fully aware she doesn't even like him. Like this is not excusable.

And it's not matter of nuance in a bad person, as you so cheekily lampshade, but taking away said nuance in order to absolve him in a way that doesn't make any sense!

I like this story, and I want to like it more than I already do. But these issues could really use cleaning up.

ivan_ronicalivan_ronicalover 4 years agoAuthor
Re: It just bugs me

Hey cuzimhavingagoodtime, thanks for taking the time to read! I appreciate that you went to the effort to write a thoughtful criticism, so here's some points to address your comments:

* The first occurrence of Alaina and Will having sex was on Monday, prior to the start of TTC1 (Tuesday). It was in a classroom, on a desk. TTC2 starts on Friday in a stairwell.

* Regarding the blackmail subplot, it's remarkable how dumb and impulsive people can be when they're horny/infatuated. It's not hard to imagine that this would be amplified significantly with the addition of supernatural abilities, especially in someone with a relatively low sense of personal responsibility. This doesn't mean he's supposed to be "absolved", however; Will isn't intended to be a hero, and neither is Alaina. They're just people who live in a fucked up world.

I hope you'll stay tuned for TTC3 when I eventually get around to posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Got to say I love this story!

The time stamp situation didn’t seem like a problem at all to me. As for Will ‘blackmailing’ the Prez/ Alaina from her perspective yes it seemed like a genuine blackmail threat. Almost everyone else at the school knows the public version of Will - chatty, laid back (he calls it lazy), approachable, bit of a player, all round nice guy Alaina only really picked up on the ‘player’ aspect because she was too busy with schoolwork and activities that she didn’t see the real him. He did the blackmail tactic on a whim to try and have sex with her I don’t know how anyone can miss the most obvious factor- he’s 18 so of course having sex or trying to is a primary factor.

I love the hidden depths of this story and they’re very logical too. This is a reality where people develop skill traits etc as they grow up with the first impact at 18. It’s not just a matter of developing an affinity for a job it’s full on super powers for some. As with anything else in life how you apply those abilities determines the outcome. So it’s no wonder that there are people who would manipulate those powers for immoral or illegal acts. The cliche of ‘power corrupts’ applies to Will’s parents and for his parents business and social circles.

Really looking forward to reading more. Huge thanks for sharing.

Tess (UK)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
So so so excited for ttc3

Love how the [onahole] class is impervious to [manipulation]. I can't wait to delve deeper into these characters and see how they can break free and be who they need to be. Or maybe she really is a Greek god who can heal. History between his dad and her mom?! Seriously please don't wait too long to post!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I love the story. Is there any story here that is the same as this? I don't know why I am picturing the heroine as a tsundere version of erza scarlet with glasses. I cannot wait for the next chapter..~

violetnekovioletnekoover 4 years ago
Love it

I am in love with this story, the wit, the fun, it's way better than I thought it would be from the beginning. Thank you for all the depth and thought of the characters it's so

much fun. more please

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Amazing work

Great job with the story and the characters!

And the sex scenes are dynamite!

I was wondering where did the story disappear to from RRL. :)

I hope there will be more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Amazing

I LOVE this story. It is amazing, unique, insightful. Onahole is the MOST powerful class!

AeodynAeodynover 4 years ago

Holy fuck. This is amazing. Hot, and cute, and horrific, and hilarious, and *so hot*.

Seriously, congrats. After Pt 1 I was honestly really suspicious of Will, and *dayum* did you pull off the switch well. Great characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Beautiful love story

Such wit and charm. Creating a world inhabited by damaged protagonists and leading us through their journey to recovery in each other. Can now see why FortySixtyFour rated you so highly. Part 1 seemed disjointed and required concentration to read, but part 2 has brought it all together wonderfully. Now on to part 3....

GoMikeyGoMikeyalmost 3 years ago

I can't tell you why I love your story but I DO !!! It's 3AM and I can't stop reading :)

uabjfuabjfover 2 years ago

I couldn't put this story down. It's absolutely fabulous! I greatly enjoy the different character perspectives, and you've created such a multi-layered plot in the series. Please write more!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userivan_ronical@ivan_ronical
I write for fun. If you'd like to support me, please consider supporting my friend and fellow author, FortySixtyFour (https://www.patreon.com/FortySixtyFour/). Without him, I would not have written a single word.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES