Taking The Class Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alaina frowned up at him.

Uh oh. "Er, maybe I didn't—"

"That's like, almost too accurate," she said, cutting him off. "Are you sure you can't read my mind?"

Will grinned. "I've had sort of a singular focus for the past week." His grin faded slightly. "Well, the parts I can remember, anyway."

"Is memory loss normal with this, um...situation?" she asked, running her thumb gently along his.

Is it? "I'm not sure?"

"Oh." Alaina slowed her pace for a half step before catching up. "Do you, um... Do you want me to tell you what happened?"

He considered it. Eh, I'd probably just end up ruminating and getting upset. I'll wait until I can talk to Laura. This Trait might be annoying most of the time, but it's not like she'll be able to lie to me now. Although... "Nah, I think I've got most of it figured out," said Will. "The one thing that I don't get is how Carla knows Laura? Is that just from clit poker last night?"

His girlfriend grimaced. "I've got an idea, but I don't know if you're going to want to hear it. Why? Was she the one you were on the phone with before? Because if she was—"

"No, that was someone else," Will cut in. "What's your theory?"

"Well..." Alaina fidgeted with his held hand. "I think... I think they might know each other from work? Um... I think they might be escorts?"

Will looked down. She doesn't seem like she's joking. Escorts? He tried to imagine Laura in that role, but it wasn't easy. There's no way, right? "I can't really imagine Laura doing something like that," he said, still struggling to fit the pieces together. "Although, she was being a little weird before the breakup."

"Yeah, I kind of heard about that from Vinnie. That, along with some things she said last night when she thought nobody else was listening... It all sort of fits. The one thing that I still can't figure out is why she did it." Alaina's brow furrowed deeply as she stared ahead onto the soccer field. "Unless..." She looked up at him with a worried expression. "Do you think she might've been working for your father somehow?"

Will laughed abruptly. "No, if there's one thing I'm sure about, it's that she's not someone who..." he trailed off.

"But if he made a contract with her, then she'd have to, wouldn't she?"

That's... Will blinked. "That's fucked up." He sighed. "But it does sound like something he might do. And the timing is..." But wait, didn't she start messaging me again last Monday before either of them met Alaina? I'm pretty sure... Shit, maybe I shouldn't have deleted all her messages. Now I can't check. "I still don't understand how she did something like that. From what she told me, her one Skill wasn't nearly powerful enough to do much of anything useful. And I did break up with her before, which seems like it would've been impossible if she could do something like this."

"Hm, that's true..." Alaina pursed her lips. "But what if she got some kind of new Skill?"

"It would have to be on a completely different scale," Will mused. "And it seems pretty unlikely. She just got her Trait that let her feel other peoples' emotions right after we started going out last year. So that's what, like four months to rank up more times than she did in the previous six? Seems unlikely."

"Well, I did it." She gave him a leer.

Her Class absolutely ranks up from having sex, doesn't it. "You're not her."

The redhead deflated a little at that comment, her hand going limp in his. "Yeah, that's true. She's taller than me, and has bigger boobs, and—"

"And she's not the girl I'd rather be with right now," Will finished for her.

Alaina's frown righted itself, and her hand gripped his tightly.

"Let's not talk about her anymore," said Will. This is gonna ruin the day for both of us if we keep digging at it.

"How do you always know the right thing to say?" she said in an exasperated tone. "It's so annoying! I can't even get upset today!"

"Good, " he said, giving her a lopsided grin. "You've been upset too much the past couple weeks. Take a day off once in a while."

The valedictorian and student council president snorted. "Fine, but just one. They don't give me very many each year."

"I won't tell anyone. At least, as long as you give me an incentive not to." Will waggled his eyebrows at her until she giggled.

They started down the slope at the side of the field towards the parking lot.

"Speaking of telling," Alaina said, "are you going to tell me who you were on the phone with earlier?"

Is this the time? He scanned her face, noting how her smile was showing through her mock scowl. Seems as good as any.

"Remember this morning when you said you wanted me to check with you about other girls?" Will asked.

"Yeah, w—You were talking to one of them?" Alaina asked incredulously.

She makes it sound like I have legions of girl friends or something. "Yup. I sort of made plans with her for tonight last Sunday. So I wanted to see if she'd be open to something a bit... Well, something unusual."

His girlfriend frowned at him as they reached his car. She stopped with him next to his door and pulled her hand away. "I'm not sure I like where this is going."

Oops, that was a bit clumsy. "Er, what I meant to say was that I wanted to see if she'd be interested in being with you tonight. No wait, I meant meeting you tonight."

"You asked her before..." Alaina scowled at him for a moment, then shut her eyes and let out a breath. "Sorry," she said more calmly once she'd opened her eyes again. "Does she have a name?"

That seemed like a close call. "Kayleigh. But her friends call her Kay."

"Kayleigh," said Alaina, sounding the name out in an unfamiliar manner. "And what did you imagine that Kayleigh and your girlfriend would get up to with you tonight? Straight to bed, or..." She gave him a disappointed look.

Why do both of them immediately assume I'm trying to have a threesome? I think they'll get along really well. Once they put their claws away. "Actually, I thought we'd go to karaoke. She's a great singer, you're a great singer, it seemed like a great way for you to get to know each other."

"Huh," said Alaina. She frowned up at him for a moment. "Sorry, this is really taking a lot more getting used to than I thought," she muttered.

"What is?"

"I'm used to people seeing me as the student council president, or the valedictorian, or even as the drama club president." She fidgeted bashfully. "It's... It's really hard to get used to you. Because to you, I'm not just like...some kind of fetish, am I? Even when you called me Prez, it was because that's how you saw me; it wasn't a title, it was a name."

Will ran a hand up and down his cheek awkwardly. "I'm not really sure what you mean?" he said. "Whether you're Alaina or Prez, you're still you, right? Er... This reminds me of Frege's Puzzle—he was a late nineteenth, early twentieth century philosopher—where, well, the short version is that two names can refer to—mmf."

Alaina continued the kiss for several minutes, her hands gripping his collar tightly as a fleet of industrious tongues treated him to a slice of blueberry heaven.

He blinked, trying to recall which name referred to him, and Alaina's happy smile came into focus. "What was I saying?"

She hugged him and pressed her head into his chest. "Don't worry about it," she murmured.

Will stroked the back of her head. "Worrying seems like the last thing I should be doing right now."

"Hm." Alaina said after another minute. She pulled away. "I forgot to bring something to drink. Do you have a water bottle or something in your car?"

"Yeah, I always keep something in the back." Will unlocked the doors with the fob in his pocket. "Get in, I'll pass it to you once I find it." Now that I think about it, I'm unbelievably thirsty. How did I miss that before?

"Alright, thanks. Can't believe I didn't think of that..." Alaina started around the front of the car as he pulled his door open.

"Where is it..." He sat down, then twisted to his right between the seats and started digging through his emergency blanket and towels behind his seat.

A hand grabbed his butt through his jeans.

"Is that supposed to be motivational?" he called out.

"Nope, just doing some maintenance."

Will rolled his eyes. After another moment, he pulled a large canteen of water out by the handle around its lid. "Here," he said as he brought it to the front seat with him, offering her the first drink.

Alaina unscrewed the top and took a long series of gulps before passing the container back to him. "Mmm, thanks!" She sighed in contentment.

Will drank, then held it out for her. "More?"

Alaina shook her head. "I think I was getting pretty dehydrated there."

He screwed the cover on and tossed the water canteen into the back. "Yeah, same. Er..." he shifted awkwardly in his seat. "You mind using that cleaning Skill on me?"

"I guess that's fair payment for the water," she said with a grin as she leaned over into his personal space.

Will raised his hands to brace her as she rested her arms on his shoulders, and he ended up cupping her boobs over her hoodie. He squeezed gently out of habit.

"Skipping straight to foreplay?" Alaina teased, settling onto his palms and pressing him against his door. She gave him a brush of her lips across his but didn't use her Skill.

"Most girls would probably be thrilled that a guy stopped for foreplay at all," said Will. He moved his thumbs up and down over her chest.

"Would Kayleigh be thrilled?" she asked playfully, her lips nearly touching his.

"You could ask her yourself tonight if you want," he bantered back, resisting the urge to lunge forward and kiss her as he stared into her eyes.

His girlfriend drew her fingernails lightly over the back of his neck while she looked back and forth, pretending to think. "I don't know..." she said, raising an eyebrow. "Is she hot?"

Will chuckled. "Daniel? Is that you, bud?"

Alaina giggled, then pressed her lips softly to his.

A sensation of refreshment passed through him, and he felt the pressure in his bladder disappear. The Class might suck in some ways, but the perks are great. He poked his tongue out, and hers met him at his lips for a quick greeting before she pulled back.

"Mmm," she cooed. She gave him another kiss, her tongue darting into his mouth briefly, then pulled back to her seat.

"Where to?" he asked. "Back to your house to dehydrate me again?" He waggled his eyebrows.

His girlfriend smiled salaciously at him, running her teeth over her lower lip. "Tempting," she said. "But I feel..." She eyed him speculatively. "What do you think about going on a bike ride with me?"

A bike ride? Haven't done that in ages. Could be fun? "Sure. Assuming you've got a bike I can use." He belted in and pressed the ignition next to the steering wheel.

Alaina buckled up next to him. "Yeah, you can use Mom's. It used to be my dad's, but hers broke a while back..." she trailed off, frowning.

"Broke?" he asked as he pulled the car out of its spot.

"Yeah," she said pensively. "I wasn't paying attention when we were out for a ride one day six-ish years ago and almost got hit by a truck. Mom's bike got run over when she jumped off it and tackled me out of the way, but... The entire frame snapped."

She leaned against her door, a stunned expression creeping over her face. "I remember she said it was just damage from being run over, but... The entire bottom of the bike—the pedals, the rear wheel, it looked like it was torn off the rest of the bike. One of the pedals was shattered. Like glass. Like something had stomped down on it with an insane amount of force."

Will clicked the radio on at a soft volume and turned onto the street. "Your mom cares about you a lot," he said, feeling a sudden lump in his throat. He blinked a few times.

Neither of them spoke for a few minutes.

"Sorry, I got a little sidetracked," said Alaina. "But I've got a bike you can use if you want."

"I'd like that," said Will, deliberately keeping his face straight.

She snorted. "Are we just going to keep going back and forth on that?"

"I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about. Also I haven't ridden a bike in a long time, so no laughing." He gave her a stern look even as she started to giggle.

"I'm really looking forward to it, then. I don't think I've ever seen you even be mediocre at anything so far."

Will rolled his eyes. "I'm mediocre at plenty of things."

"Name one."

"Karaoke."

"Ugh, that's so evil!" Alaina huffed, crossing her arms. "Now it's like I have to go tonight."

"Well, you don't have to," said Will, baiting his trap. "You can stay at home, and I can tell you how it goes afterwards."

"What!" Alaina said, her tone indignant. "You'd go out with Kayleigh and leave me—your girlfriend—sitting at home by myself?"

"Alaina, I thought we agreed you weren't going to suddenly start be needy now that you're my girlfriend."

She squirmed in her seat. "Why can't you be just a little worse than me at bantering?" she complained, fighting not to smile.

"Because then I'd be bad at something," he said, grinning slyly.

His girlfriend gasped. "Did you just call my bantering mediocre?"

"Hold on, I thought we were talking about me? Let's go back to talking about how good I am at everything, like getting out of that pickle I was almost in just now."

Alaina growled, then reached over and clawed his right hand off the steering wheel, locking it down beneath hers on the center armrest.

I think that might've been the cutest temper tantrum I've ever seen. He moved like he was trying to free his hand, and she interlocked her fingers with his, pressing down harder.

"So this Kayleigh girl. You have any photos?" Alaina asked after giving his thumb a firm stroking with hers.

"Hm. Kind of? I asked her for a pic of her cat to bribe you with—Do you like cats, by the way?—and she sent me a little bonus. And she also sent me some pics of outfits during the week because she couldn't decide what to wear tonight and wanted me to pick something."

"Cats can be cute," she said. "I like some cats. Show me the photos?"

Will tried to move his hand away to reach into his pocket, but she pouted momentarily before catching herself.

"Mine," she said, frowning at him.

"Alright, hold on a minute, then." At the next stop sign, he reached across with his left hand into his right pocket and managed to wrangle his phone out.

He flipped to his messages quickly before passing it off to her. "She's under 'Kay'."

Alaina took the phone from him gingerly with her free hand. "You really trust me not to snoop around or anything?"

He turned his head and gave her a sincere look. "You saved me twice this past week. There's hardly anyone I'd trust more than you right now, Alaina."

After a moment, she brought his hand up and gave it a kiss. "Thanks, Will." She laid his hand back down carefully on the armrest, then started tapping on his phone.

"You asked for a photo of her cat, huh?" she said almost immediately. She gave him a knowing grin.

"It's like you said, I can't even be mediocre at getting cat photos."

Alaina laughed. She looked back at the screen. "Who even... Who even takes..." she trailed off, staring at the screen. "Oh no, not again," she whispered after a while. She squeezed her eyes shut and let out a deep sigh.

"What's wrong?" Will asked. That sounds bad.

She stared at the screen again and licked her lips. "Um... The cat is really cute. Hey, uh... Do you mind if I check out the outfits she was asking you about?"

"Go for it," he said in an amused tone. Toby really is an unbelievably cute little rascal. That answers the question of whether she likes cats, I suppose. Kind of a weird reaction, but everyone copes with cuteness in their own way.

"Oh that one's cool," said Alaina. She flipped to another image. "I think it's still probably a little too cold out for this." She flipped again. "Will, did you look at these?!" she exclaimed. "Would she actually have worn this?"

Will glanced over. "Uh, probably? We sort of had a little joke going about how she was underdressed last week, so she said she was going to dress up tonight."

"But this is like, a gown for ballroom dancing! Who even has something like this?"

Ballroom dancing? Huh, now that she mentions it, I suppose it is. "Is it an expensive one or something?"

"I don't know? It's probably not anywhere near as much as a seven thousand dollar suit?"

He rolled his eyes. "That's a big range."

"This next one is..." Alaina paused, biting her lip briefly. "What color is her hair, anyway? And does she wear lipstick?"

"Bright red for both. She's a blonde naturally." She seems pretty into this. "Should I take all your interest to mean that you're coming along tonight?"

"What? Oh, yeah, obviously. Um, do you mind if I message her to let her know I'm coming? And maybe suggest an outfit for her to wear?" She gave him a look halfway between hopeful and pleading.

"Sure," he said. "Er... If you can figure out a way to do it without being awkward, that is."

"I'll just pretend to be you. It's just a message. Messaging a girl is easy..." Her thumb hovered over the screen.

"I suppose I can't argue with your prowess there after what you did for Don earlier," Will said, chuckling at the memory. "I'll trust you to be nice; she's a little fragile right now."

"I'll be very nice," purred Alaina, still staring at the screen. "What time do we want to meet up with her?"

"Probably around nine-ish? I think that's when most karaoke places open."

Well. That went a lot better than I hoped.

"And now I just push send..." she said, her thumb wavering. "That seems right, doesn't it?" she muttered. The phone buzzed immediately, and she began tapping at it again. The sequence continued a few more times until their drive came to an end.

Will turned into the driveway and pulled his car in next to his girlfriend's. "You know, this has been one of the best days I've had in a while so far." He pressed the button to turn off his car and grinned over at the passenger seat.

His phone started to ring just as Alaina passed it back to him with a smile of her own.

"Huh, that must be Kay," he said, answering the call and holding the phone up to his left ear. "Hey, what's up?"

"Hello to you, too, William," said his father.

William stiffened. "Hello, Father," he said, just as he should.

"I'll need a moment of your time," his father decided.

"Of course, Father."

He felt a pinch on his right hand and ignored it, needing to give his father his complete attention.

"How has your week been going? Anything to report?" His father's voice was dry and commanding, just as it always was. There could be no refusing his demands for information.

The pinching intensified in his hand, so he shook it free.

He hesitated. "No, Father," he lied in order to save face. "This has been an ordinary week."

"I see," said his father. "Ordinary, was it?"

He felt a gentle, wet sucking sensation on the side of his neck abruptly that made his toes curl. It began to vibrate against him, and he nearly moaned.

1...678910...62