All Comments on 'Taking the Reigns'

by xelliebabex

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Seriously

I almost didn't look at this story, because I don't think a writer can be very good if they misspell a word in the title. I did recognize you so I read it, but seriously.

Rain : water that falls from clouds

Reign : to rule a kingdom, such as a queen

Rein : the strap used to guide a horse, such as she took the reins to guide her horse farm.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Was the title a pun...

...on taking charge? Or was it a mid-spelling?

A good read all the same

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Reigns?

Sorry...after passing through the hands of three copyreaders, the story still has a huge gaffe like this in the title?

I didn't read it, so I didn't rate it, but you're not doing yourself any favors by not checking the title as well as the text...

CrisInGACrisInGAalmost 11 years ago

I'm glad that a couple of the previous anon posters were not advising the Beatles.

Somehow Beetles just doesn't have the same effect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great story!

Please ignore the typical anonymous spelling police comments. It was a wonderful story! Looking forward to your next one.

pheobecharmedpheobecharmedalmost 11 years ago

It was awesome I loved it. A very nice romance

VeraVixenVeraVixenalmost 11 years ago
You write it...

If you write it I will read it. I love your as I call it voice (author writing style)and story lines. There is something about your voice that just grabs my attention. Keep writing and you will always have a faithful reader in me.

xelliebabexxelliebabexalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you those people who left me such lovely comments I cannot express how appreciative I am. I guess my attempt at a quirky title didn't appeal to everyone but as they say if we all liked the same things the new discoveries wouldn't taste as sweet. ~ellie

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 11 years ago
Very sweet story.

I'd read a sequel.

Now I'm off to see what else you've written! Thanks for writing!

KamattlockKamattlockalmost 11 years ago
Great Story

I would love to read a sequel to see how they save the place.

jam_436jam_436almost 11 years ago
Great story

Love reading your stories :).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I enjoyed it

I am looking forward to reading more of your works. A sequel would be lovely!! As for the title I thought is was a play on words which was perfect.

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 11 years ago
Really?

First comment on word accuracy got it right without meaning to...she was trying to take control of her kingdom. The play on homonyms was cute. Some of us caught it. :). Sweet story. Nice to see nice people finish well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Damned Good

The quality of the story-telling shooed out any minor grammar or spelling problems.

It was a bloody good tale, although I mentally wanted a bit where Kerrick got his comeuppance.

HP

patientleepatientleealmost 11 years ago
As good as a paperback novel!

Very sweet. Nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
This story is Perfect

I love this story! I mean who cares if you had spelling mistakes! You deserve this! It's such a great story. It has everything. It's not your typical story. I love your writig, it feels like you're part of the story. The characters are so personable. It was just so real. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Boring

This story was the winner?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Great story! I loved it. To all the negative Nellies who just want to harp on your (very few and not distracting) grammatical errors, I would love to see them write a story of this depth and development in another language that was not their first! Well done, small minded people will always try to beat you down, don't let them win.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Amazing

I absolutely adore this story. It built up nicely and realistically as well. Please do a follow up on the relationship between Tom and Alyssa??

xelliebabexxelliebabexalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you so much to everyone who read voted and took the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate each and everyone of you and I have never been so surprised and excited as when i won. Thank you Thank you Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Fan-bloody-tastic!

Quality writing, good story well told and sexy with it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good, Really Good

I can see why it won the contest

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great relationship stoy

The plot and characters developed the evolving love of the many people in it. I thought it the best story of the contest also. Please give us more. I'll be watching!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
A Good Piece of Literature

As said in the title...

jadecadencejadecadenceover 10 years ago
Good plot... nice intermingling of characters

And can Kerrick be served his comeuppance creatively & nastily? :D

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Gotta love a story that I remember reading in full detail after reading the first paragraph

Thank you for such a great story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Awesome!

I hope you're planning on writing a sequel to this story, one has to wonder what becomes of the Godiva girls... personally, I would love for Alyssa to claim more freedom. Rather than being protected by the men in her life all time, it would be great to see that she fights Kerrick on her own - and wins ;-) Thanks so much for this submission, it was a pleasure to read!

gravyruggravyrugover 10 years ago
Re: title

The pun in the title was actually kind of clever, but it was undercut when you used the same misspelling in the actual story, making it look like a mistake rather than a deliberate pun. That said, the overall story was good, if a little too obviously in need of a sequel. Very little was resolved properly, and far too many story threads were left hanging. It's not cool to set up a nasty villain like Kerrick and then have him just disappear. Also, and this is more a general recommendation than a complaint, you might work a bit more on showing the characters' feelings rather than telling them.

Good work. Keep writing, and I'm confident you'll do some great work in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
The rest of the story

Please write the rest of this story! Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Re:Title

Gravyrug has it right.The second use of, 'reigns', instead of ,'reins' lost the title its,'Pun', status. Neverthelrss, a good story, even though Alyssa could have been a little more assertive!Also, as someone else has remarked, the Godiva Girls and Kerric have not been brought to a sufficient conclusion.A sequel?

TLC56TLC56over 10 years ago
more

Don't let the story die here...

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
chapter2?

I hope it is coming soon

kemanderkemanderover 10 years ago
Actually...

You picked a great place to end the story should you choose that route. So much better than all of the unfinished works you've deserted in progress. Thanks for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Chapter 2

It needs another Chapter or Two! Great Read

arrowglassarrowglassover 9 years ago
Simply Special Story!

What an awesome story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Reigns?

It would be good if you knew the difference between "reigns" and "reins" !

ILiveToRead44ILiveToRead44almost 9 years ago
Great story...

But a non-ending! I feel just "rode hard and put away wet". What happened to the rest of the story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice, but . . .

I don't know if the spelling is notably different in Oz, but a horse has reins, which the sovereign Reigns.

But it's a nice story. Really.

Thank You,

HP

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
nicely done

I just wish there was some resolution to all the issues that were raised.

and Tom came on way too strong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
a followup?

Love the way characters are developed and the tension builds. Great job keeping the various threads developing without tangling them. Would love to read a followup!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

That's it? Feel like I wasted my time.

SonofCalliciousSonofCalliciousover 7 years ago
Anony mouse was wrong.

He said he feels he wasted his time. Nope. You could indeed have written a full ending, but I loved the way you left it where you did. You left us wondering, and you allowed our imaginations to complete things for you.

(If you decide to do a sequel, I'll gladly read it!)

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Fantastic story!

A really fantastic story.

Since English is not my native language, I have been forced to translate some words I did not understand from the Australian variant of English. The result has been good, since I have understood the story in its entirety.

The title has been perfect to my understanding, as it perfectly describes the story.

The development of the plot has been very correct, the part of explicit sex has been the essential, since the story did not deal with sex (which I greatly appreciate in Romance).

And the end is very good, besides being open for a feasible continuation of the story.

I must admit that this story has reminded me a lot of the film Australia, Nicole Kidman with Hugh Jackman, for the part of the Kidman fight against macho men.

Really, this story deserves the 5 * I give to you.

I apologize for my English (yet), is not my native language.

Hubbys_PrincessHubbys_Princessover 6 years ago
Good, however..

Overall this is a good piece of writing however there are too many unresolved issues for me to feel like the story is complete. I would like to have seen Kerrick get his just deserts. And find out how the farm and filly did in the end. Like others have said I did enjoy what I have read but was left wanting by your choice of ending.

GypsytrampGypsytrampover 6 years ago

I loved this one (like pretty much everything you write)! I like that you didn't tie up every loose end. It would be so fun to have a one year or five year later brief update where we hear about how great the farm and the filly did, they're married and making babies and Lou and Marcie are together, etc. Although, I guess it's not totally necessary since I just decided their future in my head based off past experiences with your stories and my own optimistic nature. I'm sure anyone with even a spark of imagination can figure out a suitable ending! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I would like to demand but knowing how big of an idiot I would sound like I shall PLEAD that you continue this very, very great story. You are a talented author. So please continue this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thoroubred

Both the writer (and the horse). Pardon the dreadful pun.

Absolutely enjoyed the story, the characters, the farm & the happy ending. However, please let it not be an ending. Another couple of chapters would tie up any loose ends.

Please say you'll consider it ? Regards, S

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Character development?

Hello. I have noticed that you don't describe your characters' appearances in most of your stories, which is a bit of a let down as when you are reading you tend to picture the couple or the characters in your mind. Im surprised none of your editors have mentioned this to you before..

mustangdaisymustangdaisyover 5 years ago
Great work

Loved this story and hope you keep going with it

subnotslavesubnotslaveabout 5 years ago
Wow Ellie...

A truly lovely story - read and enjoyed by:

ONE MILIION, SIX HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN THOUSAND, ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY THREE PEOPLE!!

Oh, and me.

Thank you so very much.

Jules ☺

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Oops

I meant to hit 5 stars but got 4 instead. This is a 5 star read. Well done

Story_lover1Story_lover1over 3 years ago

I gave it 4 stars just because the writing seemed a bit off and there is some jumping aroud in the ideas (not so consistent as the rest of your stories) all in all its a nice story thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
More of a romance novel than an erotic story

Fairly well written, though with a number of glaring grammar mistakes. Also, the switch from "friend" to sexual partner and lover is too abrupt, not believable. The strength of the story lies in all the ancillary characters (Harry in particular).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Marcie for her mother, Tom for her husband...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

4* because it was annoying to read a story where the author doesn't know the difference between reign and rein. Otherwise the ending was a bit abrupt.

nthusiasticnthusiasticalmost 2 years ago

I beg to differ with Anony who complained that you didn’t give enough description of your characters and so was unable to visualize them. It seems to me that allowing the reader to use their own imagination is far better, perhaps even putting themselves into the story. As a faithful fan, I happen to think that the way you do everything is perfect! Now another chapter or two about all three Godiva Girls would be gratefully received. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story that deserved a better end other than using nudity and selling herself to keep the place running!! Harry seems to be running a whorehouse

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

Where to start? The author not knowing the difference between rein and reign in a horse story? Or maybe a clueless central character that we want to be in command but seems to ditz from problem after problem, or the nonsensical media caricatures?

I get this was about Nude day and for a site competition, but it did seem to be a very very long winded way of doing it, and tbh in the end she wasn’t actually nude (G string). Very contrived and didn’t flow very well imho, plus I had almost zero empathy for any of the characters. 3⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic story 5***** do with it had better ending story was very well explained thanks

LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSE11 months ago

As long as the story was a proper ending would have been in place. As now it is unfinished so I won't judge it. Finished it would be a 5 but since it is better than 4 I won't judge it. I liked the story but got a bit pissed off at the ending ;-)

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

5stars but bit of strange ending it could have done with another page to finish it

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman9 months ago

Overall a good romance story, but so many plot threads mentioned and then never explained or solved. Just seemed to end 1 page too quickly.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So, there must be a sequel coming. The gal could stand some more notoriety. The Filly could win a race or two. Carrick could get his come up and since he probably has horses that would race against the philly. Her Ranch hands could catch Kerrick alone and have their way with him, Kerrick could meet Tom where Kerrick could get his comeuppance...

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It was stretching my imagination a bit and Tom came across as a bit weak and a bit creepy.

By the way, horses reins are spelt like that, REINS there is no "g".

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy4 months ago

How to save a run down business …. 😃 ….. absolutely great idea, well crafted fabulously written tale ….. god yeah gaining respect in a men’s dominated league is nerve wracking , but “with a little help from my friends …..” …… just marvelous

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨☘️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxelliebabex@xelliebabex
5536 Followers
G'day, Well, 2022 was much of the same. Although it seems Amazon is getting better at shutting down the thieves. I know I should take it as a compliment that my stories are worth stealing, but it's just frigging annoying. I sincerely thank the readers who alert me when they f...