All Comments on 'Tales from the Stream Ch. 06'

by WaxPhilosophic

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
abiostudent3abiostudent3almost 3 years ago

OK. I fucking died laughing at the Kafka government building. As someone who's taught several of his stories on and off for years, I thank you *deeply.*

Second: "This is a series. Starting with chapter one will help avoid confusion."

... Do you really get readers who somehow miss the, "Cp. 6," in the title and the big header that says, "Chapter 6," and then complain the story confused them? Like, at that point, how did they have the literacy to navigate the web and find this story?

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 3 years ago
What to say?

I just don't know what to say, Wax. There were so many 'laugh-a-minute' one-liners that it was hard to keep track (starting with "He's not the Messiah..."). I don't know if I'm jumping to the wrong conclusion but one piece of dialogue ("I like to watch") reminded me of Peter Sellars in Being There. And to think of Megacomf Brian being considered for sainthood... Another triumph.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This just gets funnier by the chapter. The comment about Megacomf Brian being a naughty boy almost killed me. I half expected Marie-Anne to be wearing some sort of Che Guevarra outfit. I can't wait for the next chapter. Thanks so much for sharing this creation with us.

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicalmost 3 years agoAuthor

I'm pleased that people are appreciating my strange humor and the allusions to other works. One reference that may not be obvious is Marie-Anne's surname. It's a reference to Marquis de Condorcet, an early supporter of equal rights for women among other progressive ideas for the time.

Thanks again for taking time to leave these wonderful comments. As Lucia might say... "I like to read."

Slurpy29Slurpy29almost 3 years ago

Simply a fun and hilarious read. Enjoyed this story straight from the beginning. In an email from a different story line you mentioned pulling your ideas from a certain body part. Well that is one smart body part. Love this!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I'm fresh out of profundity. Yes ma'am that's aisle four next to the thyme. thank ya vera mulch.

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppalmost 3 years ago
Terminator?

Is there an Arnold Schwarzenegger automation in there somewhere? I thought for sure he would put in an appearance with the "come with me if you want to live" line in here. Still enjoying this lighthearted tale. Nice of Emily to give Val a happy ending. Such considerate pirates. Keep the stories coming Wax. Thank you for sharing.

stroudlestroudlealmost 3 years ago

The prompt on the comment asks what did I think?

Well i think it's blumin marvellous , I'm really lovin this series and each chapter seems better than the last somehow, and that is saying something. I can't really single out a particular favourite part but the line from the The Life of Brian about Megacomf Brian not being the messiah but a naughty boy was right up there. Lucia is just a sweetheart with her " I like to watch"

Stonking good story as ever Wax , thank you

Jc

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Great fun again.

Albanach2000Albanach2000over 2 years ago

This just gets better, you set up the Monty Python joke brilliantly. This story really brightens the day.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWaxPhilosophic@WaxPhilosophic
Miss Isabella’s Home for Stray Kittens has left and is now available exclusively as an ebook from JMS Books. https://www.jms-books.com/davina-lee-c-224_312/ * Other News... Tales from the Stream now has a glossary to help you keep the people, places, and things straight in...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES