All Comments on 'Tales from the Stream Ch. 10'

by WaxPhilosophic

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
LinneaLundinLinneaLundinalmost 3 years ago

Good one Wax! Very touching. Our lesbian pirates may suck at piracy, but they excel at humanity. Thanks for this story!

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 3 years ago
Yellow brick road...

How thoughtful and compassionate of Emily to give Tomia the chance to follow the yellow brick road if she wishes. And what a marvellous chapter this is with its combination of humour and tenderness. The moment I saw the words 'orbital farm' I thought of that wonderful film from the 1970s, Silent Running (my wife didn't care much for SF and she loved that film which says a lot). Finest chapter yet, Wax, in a series of fine chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wax, any self respecting pirate has a secret home port to return to when things get hot, and Mia's space station seems like the perfect choice. While I appreciated Emily's noble act of providing Mia the gift of self determination, I think Mia and the station would benefit more from a continuing human presence. It also seemed like the ladies enjoyed their time on the space station. I have no idea how far you plan on taking this series or what direction you plan on going, but I would hope that you would consider keeping Mia in the mix. The previous chapter and this one have really gripped my heart, and I am now fully invested in the story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another terrific chapter. I almost fell out of chair laughing at the "That's no moon, it's a Space Station.." bit. The 2nd half was quite touching. Our pirates have hearts of gold. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Slurpy29Slurpy29almost 3 years ago

WOW!! Sorry, I don’t have very many words here. It was simply one of your most touching, caring and beautiful chapters/stories you’ve written. The excitement of a near collision at the beginning took a hard right once Mia began her story about her farmer girl. Sure Mia is an IA, but your writing brought her to life. If she doesn’t make another appearance, in my mind some colonists will find her and she’ll have another farmer girl to help grow. You’ve done it again Wax. Thx!

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppalmost 3 years ago
Thank you

I agree with some of the other comments. These ladies are not the best pirates, but they excel at being decent human beings. I think we could all learn a thing or two from them. Take the time to stop and smell the flowers, never pass up the opportunity to give someone a much needed hug, remember to play, try to keep a sense of wonder and whimsy. And if you are lucky enough to find friends who love you as you are, hold onto them with both hands. They are family.

I too wish they would use the space station as their port of call. Their own little safe space when they need a place to hide out. Please bring Mia back in a later story. Hopefully she doesn't decide to power down for a good long time.

Thank you for these stories. Heartwarming and funny series Wax.

stroudlestroudlealmost 3 years ago

All the stars for this chapter Wax , 5 isn't enough. Very moving and also sexy . Naked kisses in the meadow , yes please

The part with Mia and and reminiscing about her farmer girl was very touching and beautifully written.

The whole chapter was beautifully written and very thoughtful. Your best yet . I also liked the dedication 🍷

Thank you Wax. Jc

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I really enjoy reading them. As some have suggested, the station would make an outstanding pirate's lair. It may take a few chapters to get there, but I would imagine they'll be returning. And keep an eye on the harvester crab in Lucia's pocket. I can't think of a better place for a robotic visitor (with a green thumb?) to hang out than Lucia's garden.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Can't believe it, you made me cry! What is it that you do with words?

I think this little tale will stay with me for a long time. Hugs, Abi

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The chapters keep getting better . thank you. a song for you. Assemblage 23 - Document (Ultimate-Gloom-Mix By Echo Image)

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Rolling along 🖒

lilshymynxlilshymynxabout 2 years ago

I've really enjoyed reading this series so far.  So many little Easter eggs and references that make is such a fun read, but this chapter really hit hard and brought a tear to my eye.  So beautiful and full of emotion.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWaxPhilosophic@WaxPhilosophic
Miss Isabella’s Home for Stray Kittens has left and is now available exclusively as an ebook from JMS Books. https://www.jms-books.com/davina-lee-c-224_312/ * Other News... Tales from the Stream now has a glossary to help you keep the people, places, and things straight in...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES