Tales from the Stream Ch. 22

Story Info
The Church of Sapphic Love and Poetry.
4.2k words
4.82
2.5k
7

Part 22 of the 28 part series

Updated 12/12/2023
Created 04/08/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note

There's a few important bits in this story that were revealed in previous tales. So rather than reciting a laundry list, here's one of those "previously on..." things to get you caught up.

* * *

Previously on Tales from the Stream...

Emily looked at Reg. "Unless we're in the stream," she said, "the ship can access the net. I would assume Reg and Mia can do the same. There must be some sort of connection. A secure tunnel through the normal data channels that links them together."

"And," said Amaliya, "since we're sitting here, not moving 'cause we're getting ready to paint the hull..."

"The ship's got access to the net. And Mia's got access to us."

* * *

As the words left Jade's mouth, a small harvester crab crested the rise and came over to tap its pincer rhythmically against Jade's calf. When it was finished, Jade stooped down to scratch the crab's back.

"A message from Mia?" said Emily.

Jade nodded. "Go to the hot tub. Stop. Have fun with your friends. Stop." She scratched under the harvester crab's chin before standing up.

* * *

Jade stared for a moment, taking in the scene. There was a brief flash of light. Appearing atop Joan's shoulder was a brightly colored holographic parrot where once there was none. Lúcia grinned and reached out toward the bird.

"Joan!" bellowed a voice. It belonged to a stern-looking woman behind the counter. "People come here for information on the local sites, not tales of swashbuckling adventure."

"Yes, Missus Hodgepodge," said Joan. She reached up and tapped her shoulder. The parrot disappeared.

* * *

"It's always Haiku," said Aidoru.

"The only way I can speak.

A freak of nature."

Lúcia leaned forward onto the bed, covering the Aidoru closest to her with her body and spreading her arm over the other two. "Is that what's been bothering you? You're not a freak," said Lúcia. "You're my girl. Je t'aime."

* * *

And now...

Chapter 22: The Church of Sapphic Love and Poetry

Jim Morrison Memorial Space Elevator, orbital terminus

The crew stood in a loose knot among the crowd of people, fidgeting with their jumpsuits, shifting their stance from one foot to the other. Just under the large sign that read 'New Melbourne Orbital' was a digital LED matrix displaying 'Next arrival in: 4:04' in bright red. Strains of The Girl from Ipanema floated from a speaker overhead. The display changed to '4:03'.

Atop Jade's left shoulder, Reg moved his eye stalks back and forth, surveying the group. He pushed up on his frontmost legs and lost contact with Jade in the process, floating upward. Jade reached up to catch him by a pincer.

"Okay," said Captain Jade. "Everybody got a buddy?"

Emily moved closer to Jamie, her magnetic boots clacking on the deck as she did. She reached out for Jamie's hand, wove their fingers together and rested her head against Jamie's shoulder. She let out a faint sigh.

Aidoru moved herselves to cluster tightly around Lúcia, and wrapped her hands around Lúcia's arms.

"Bonjour, buddy," whispered Lúcia.

Aidoru giggled and squeezed tighter. She leaned in to plant three synchronized kisses on Lúcia's cheeks.

Amaliya smiled at Lúcia and Aidoru, and then moved her eyes to Captain Jade. She looked at Reg sitting on Jade's shoulder. A moment later, she shifted her gaze to Captain Joan. "Um," said Amaliya.

"You're with me, babe," said Jade.

"But then Joan doesn't have a buddy."

Joan reached up to her shoulder and tapped the holographic generator there. A glowing green parrot appeared. Joan pointed to the parrot while nodding and smiling.

"She's coming with us," said Jade. "That work for everyone?"

There were nods from all around, except from Reg, who stared at the parrot. Joan tapped the generator again to turn it off. She and Amaliya joined hands and moved closer to Captain Jade. Amaliya reached out to complete the link with Jade on the other side.

Using his pincers to cling to Jade's jumpsuit and then Amaliya's, Reg made his way over to Captain Joan's shoulder. He began poking around the perimeter of the holographic generator, tapping here and there until he found the switch to make the parrot reappear.

Reg bounced up and down.

Joan reached up, pressing her hand against Reg's pincer in a sort of high-five, before he flipped over so she could rub his tummy.

"Are there dangerous animals on the planet, Captain Jade?" asked Lúcia.

"Dangerous animals...?"

"Like kangaroos."

"Kangaroos...?"

"Oh," said Emily. "New Melbourne." She unfastened a pocket on her jumpsuit and pulled out the Michelin Guide tablet. After a bit of tapping and swiping, she handed it to Lúcia.

"You're probably thinking Australia," said Emily. "This is New Melbourne, named after Melbourne, Florida back on Earth. You know Florida?"

Lúcia shrugged.

"Little chain of islands in the Republic of Jesusland?"

Lúcia shrugged again and turned her attention to the tablet screen. "So, no wild kangaroos?"

Emily shook her head.

"Sorry," said Jade. "It's pretty tame. Mostly aging hippies and retirees."

"Hmm," said Lúcia, swiping at the tablet screen now and then. Aidoru was gathered behind her, peering over Lúcia's shoulder.

The arrival display changed to '2:00'.

* * *

Planetside Terminus, New Melbourne

Captain Jade and crew stepped into a terrazzo tiled waiting area covered by a large glass roof, but open to the air on all sides. People behind them spilled out of the elevator while other groups poured in. Auto-taxis waited in a queue nearby.

"Everybody remember the plan?" asked Captain Jade. "Find your buddy. Check in with the group every fifteen minutes. Stay safe."

As the crew began to pair off, a young woman dressed in a simple cotton shift and clutching a half dozen carnations approached Lúcia. "Greetings, sister," said the young woman. "Please accept this flower from The Church of Religious Consciousness."

"Thank you," said Lúcia, and curtsied. "You are most kind."

"Would you care to make a donation?"

"Sorry?"

"A donation." The young woman brought forth a satchel and held it open. "To The Church of Religious Consciousness."

"Sorry, I..."

"Lúcia's a nun, lady," said Jade. "She took a vow of poverty. Now if you'll excuse us--"

The young woman stepped in front of Jade, blocking her path. "A flower for you?" She separated a single carnation from the bunch and held it out. "And perhaps you would care to make a donation to The Church of Religious Cons--"

"No thanks," said Jade, maneuvering past her. "Come on gang, we've got supplies to pick up."

Jade managed to walk only two meters before she was accosted by another woman in a white shift. Jade altered her course, but the young woman did the same.

"Shit," muttered Jade. She and Jamie exchanged glances.

Another woman, dressed the same and holding a similar bunch of flowers closed in. "Please accept this flower from--"

"We gave at the office," said Jamie, elbowing her way in.

Captain Jade looked around. Two more young women headed toward the passengers exiting the space elevator, carrying bunches of flowers as well. They were followed by a man in a long flowing robe, with an equally long and flowing beard, wearing jangly beads, sandals and sunglasses.

"Get a load of this fucking guy," said Captain Joan, joining up with Jade and Jamie and poking her thumb in the direction of the robed man.

Jade shrugged.

"The Reverend Moberg is our lord and savior," said one of the young women. She held out a flower. "Would you care to make a donation to his church so that you too may know his love?"

"Listen, lady," said Jamie, stepping between Joan and the young woman. "I'm pretty sure we don't need whatever it is you're selling."

"We spread his message of love. The Reverend Moberg asks for nothing in return. Only our undying devotion to spreading his message."

"I wonder what else he likes to spread." Jamie scowled.

"You would be wise not to blaspheme," said the young woman.

"Pshh," said Jamie.

"Come on girls," said the robed reverend, pressing his hands together. "We have saved enough souls for one day. Let us retreat to the peace of our sanctuary."

"Yes, your holiness," said the young women, as they flocked around him.

"Time to reflect and recharge," he said, as he wrapped his arms around two of the women closest to him, pulling them in close.

Jade watched what was happening. She turned to Jamie. "Does something seem a little off here, or is it just me?"

"Yeah," said Jamie. "How old do you think those girls are? Eighteen, nineteen? And what's your guess on Reverend--"

"Creeper!" hollered Amaliya. "Fucking creeper. Reverend Wandering Hands... He just grabbed her ass. Did you see that?"

Jade, Joan and Jamie all turned their gazes to the robed man.

"Creeper!" Amaliya hollered, showing him her middle finger at the same time.

"Should we kick his ass?" asked Jamie. "I feel like we should kick his ass."

The reverend turned and peered over the top of his sunglasses as he walked past the line of auto-taxis to a long white van in the parking area beyond. The group of nine young women, all dressed alike, all with a clutch of flowers, floated along behind.

"We're here to get supplies," said Jade. "Let's try to focus on that."

"You said there were no dangerous animals on this planet," said Lúcia to no one in particular. She stared at the white carnation in her hand for a moment before letting it slip from her fingers and fall to the ground.

The robed man stood at the side door of the van as the young women piled in. He pushed his sunglasses back into place with a finger at the bridge before letting his hand drop below the last woman's waist.

"He did it again!" Amaliya extended her middle finger high above her head. "Fucking creeper!"

The man in robes climbed into the driver's seat and drove off.

"Did you see that shit?" said Amaliya.

"Fuck," mumbled Jade. "Listen, we came here for supplies, not to get mixed up in some... religious nonsense. No offense, Lúcia."

"I do not think it is God's message he is spreading," said Lúcia.

"I'm worried about those girls," said Emily.

"Dude is in need of a serious ass kicking," said Jamie.

"I'm going with Jamie on this one," said Joan. "It all seems a little suspect to me."

"Fuck," said Jade. "Alright, what do we want to do here, crew?"

Jamie clenched her fist and cracked her knuckles.

"Fucking creeper," mumbled Amaliya.

Captain Joan stuck her finger and thumb in her mouth. She let out a shrill whistle and held her arm high. "Taxi!"

* * *

The Church of Religious Consciousness Compound

"See the cameras?" Jade pointed under the eaves of the house. "There. And there."

"What kind of church needs that many surveillance cameras?" asked Joan.

"And the thorn bushes," said Jamie, "Nature's barbed wire. Right up against the house."

"What do you think?" said Joan. "Keeping people out or keeping people in?"

"Maybe if we go around back," suggested Jade. She looked to Reg on her shoulder. "I think I know someone who could slip in undetected and have a look around."

"The cameras," said Joan. "Even someone as small as Reg..." Captain Joan turned her gaze to the front door where Lúcia was now standing. "What the hell is that girl doing?"

* * *

At the front door

"Hello," said Lúcia. "Do you have a moment?"

The young woman standing on the other side of the threshold stared, blinking once.

"Lúcia," hissed Jade from several meters behind.

"I would like to share with you some of my thoughts on God and also hear yours," said Lúcia. "Is this a good time?"

"Um..." said the woman.

"My name is Lúcia. I am a sister of the order of Saint Hildegard von Bingen. May I ask what is your affiliation?"

"The Reverend Moberg is our lord and savior. We spread his message to the people of this world."

"I see," said Lúcia.

The young woman took a step back and reached out with her right hand, behind the door. She came back holding a single white carnation and offered it to Lúcia. "And we offer our love to him so that he may have love to show the world."

"Lúcia," Jade hissed again. "Would you come back here?"

"Who's at the door, girl?" echoed the reverend's voice from inside.

"The people from the space elevator," answered the young woman.

"Tell them we gave at the office."

"I'm sorry, I have to go." The young woman stepped back and closed the door.

Lúcia knelt and placed the flower in front of the door before turning and walking back to the group.

"Lúcia," said Jade, "What are you doing?"

"Recon," said Lúcia. "I believe that is what you call it."

"Well, don't do it again." Jade threw her arms around Lúcia and pulled her tight. "You don't know what could have happened. You could have been snatched right under our noses."

"You would have rescued me, Captain," said Lúcia, her voice muffled in the folds of Jade's jumpsuit. "Of that I am certain. You and Captain Joan, and Jamie, and Emily and Amaliya. You would have come up with a plan to rescue me."

Jade relaxed her grip and held Lúcia at arm's length. "Please don't do that again. At least tell us before... or your buddy... Always let your buddy know..." said Jade. "Hey, where is Aidoru?"

"Executing part two of the plan."

"Plan?" said Jade. "What plan?"

Lúcia turned her eyes to the driveway. Jade followed her gaze. Walking in, carrying three bags of apples, Aidoru was grinning from ear to ear.

"Part two," said Lúcia.

"What's part two?" asked Captain Joan.

Jade stared at Aidoru and threw her hands in the air. "You can't leave your buddy. You two are supposed to look out for each other."

Aidoru picked three apples from a bag. She handed one to Jade, one to Lúcia, and kept the third for herself.

"The plan, Captain." Lúcia held her apple out to Joan. "Captain Joan, please accept this apple from the Church of Sapphic Love and Poetry."

"The Church of... What?," said Joan, "Love and poetry? I don't know what that's got to do with--"

Joan didn't get to finish, because Lúcia had wrapped her arms around Joan's neck and was busy mashing her lips against Joan's mouth.

"Wow," sighed Joan, "Wow. That was... You're a really good kisser, Lúcia. For a minute there, I forgot all about what was... Wow. What just happened there?"

Lúcia curtsied. Aidoru grinned and reached into a bag for another apple.

* * *

At the front door, a few minutes later

Amaliya stood with an apple in her hand and knocked. A young woman in a cotton shift dress answered.

"Hi," said Amaliya. "Please accept this apple from The Church of Sapphic Love and Poetry."

The woman on the other side of the door stood rigid. She blinked once.

"Oh," said Amaliya. "The poetry. Um...

"Roses are red, violets are blue.

"Come on outside, I've got a kiss for you."

The young woman stared and chewed her lip for a moment.

"Aw, hell," said Amaliya, unzipping her jumpsuit. "Check these out."

She reached for the woman's hand, dragging her over the threshold and pressing her face squarely into her bosom. "You having a religious experience yet?"

The young woman mumbled something unintelligible and wrapped her arms around Amaliya's waist, pulling tight.

"There, there, honey," said Amaliya, patting her shoulder. "Take all the time you need."

* * *

Captain Joan stood at the door with an apple and a grin. Another young woman answered. She stared at the apple in Joan's hand.

"My name's Captain Joan. I sail a pirate ship.

Please take this apple and then taste my lips."

The woman blinked once.

"Sorry," said Joan. "I'm not good at poetry." She held out her hand. "Wanna make out?"

The young woman at the door shrugged, took Joan's hand and stepped over the threshold. "Tell me about this ship of yours," she said, leaning her head on Joan's shoulder and weaving her fingers in with Joan's.

* * *

Emily stood facing the door with an apple in her hand. To her left, she caught the movement of a curtain being pulled aside behind the glass. The faces of two young women were framed in the window. Emily smiled and waved.

She straightened up, held the apple chest high and raised her other hand to knock. The door opened before she had the chance.

"Yes?" said the woman on the other side.

"Um," said Emily. She handed the apple to the woman. "Um... Hi..."

Emily shifted her weight to one foot and then the other. She cleared her throat.

"The girls say I'm clever, the boys say I'm witty."

Emily unzipped her jumpsuit to her navel.

"They're not as big as Amaliya's, but I'll still show you my--"

"Yes!" said the woman on the other side of the door. She fell forward, buried in Emily's chest and arms wrapped around her waist. Her companions in the window threw their hands over their mouths and giggled.

The young woman with her face pressed to Emily's chest moaned. While this was going on, Jamie stepped up to the door. Moving around Emily and reaching inside, Jamie took one of the women in the window by the hand, "Babe," she said. "You're with me."

The young woman stumbled forth and fell into Jamie's arms, giggling. "My hero," she said, running her hand over Jamie's bicep. Behind her, three more women stepped up to the window.

As Emily, Jamie, and two young women shuffled off, Lúcia moved to the door. "Hello," she said. "We spoke earlier. My name is Lúcia. Would you have some time to discuss--?"

"Are you a good kisser? Like your friends?"

"Captain Joan seems to think so. And Amaliya. And Emily. And Captain J--"

Lúcia's words were cut off by the young woman stepping out to mash her lips against Lúcia's. The two did not part for some time.

Three more young women, standing at the window, and all wearing identical white cotton shift dresses, poured out over the threshold. Aidoru, waiting in identical pleated minis and blouses tied at the waist held out her arms and three apples.

"Enjoy this apple," said Aidoru.

"As the juice runs down your chin,

"Your blossom opens."

The three women sighed and fell into Aidoru's arms.

* * *

"Go see who's at the door, girl" came the man's voice from the other side of where Jade stood.

"Hi." Jade held out an apple. "I'm Captain Jade."

"You certainly are." The young woman at the door reached out for the apple with one hand and grabbed Jade's backside firmly with the other. "All the others have gone. I've been waiting."

Jade grinned and crooked her elbow. "Shall we?"

"Let's."

"Would you like to hear a poem?" asked Jade.

"Nah. I'm good."

The young woman moved in close and rested her head against Captain Jade's arm. They wandered off to join the others.

"Who's at the door?" hollered the reverend. "Girls? Who's at the door?"

No one answered his call.

* * *

Jim Morrison Memorial Space Elevator, planetside terminus

Under a sign advertising free WiFi, a bright red LED display proclaimed, 'Next arrival in: 20:12'. Three auto-taxis pulled up to disgorge the crew and their nine companions in matching white cotton shifts.

"You're really pirates?" asked the young woman clinging to Captain Joan's arm as they walked. "All of you?"

"Aye, matey!" Captain Joan reached up to tap the holographic generator on her shoulder. A glowing green parrot appeared.

The young woman poked at the holographic image, giggling as her finger slipped right through the projection.

"Wanna see our ship?"

"You have a ship, too? I thought you were just... A real pirate ship?"

"Yep. But we came in Captain Jade's ship, 'cause it's bigger."

12