All Comments on 'Tales from the Stream Ch. 22'

by WaxPhilosophic

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
sastapletonsastapletonabout 2 years ago

Can't place Alma but I know Moira well enough .. with her symbiotic pilot and human astronaut

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

.

First my guesses: I say Alma Routsong aka Isabel Miller and Moira from "The L word". Second: I really hate fuckers like "the reverend", and simply rescuing the girls from his clutches didn't end the threat posed by his continued existence. I don't like myself for saying it, but I sorta wanted Jaime to end him, At the very least, she could have crippled his manhood and put him in a full body cast. Yeah, I really hate fuckers like "the reverend". *nods*.

MaonaighMaonaighabout 2 years ago
The apple approach...

... may have worked here but I'd hat to try it with a group such as Hare Krishna. "Hi, I'm an acolyte from the Church of St Reg, Rescuer of Deluded Cultists and part-time Harvester Crab. Here, have a garlic bulb." The Mayan calendar may have expired in 2012 but that's nothing. I've lost count of the number of times during my life-time that the Jehova's Witnesses forecast the end of the world (and they've probably lost count of the number of excuses they've made for the world failing to comply). Wax, for me this wonderful series could continue for ever---hope you don't get bored with it, your readers certainly won't.

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirtabout 2 years ago

I’m more of a big picture person so neither the dates nor names rang a bell. What did was my understanding that Creeper Rev would be pissed off, but then start over again. Never a lack of lost young souls needing a kind word and shelter, no matter how much of a lie it is. Fix that fake Rev! And I do mean “fix” him! Other than that concern, and hoping the Megacomf is really big for all the new kids, I thoroughly enjoyed this! Oh, Mias planet may be a good place for them, eh?

Slurpy29Slurpy29about 2 years ago

Anything that starts out with a memorial to Jim Morrison you know is going to be great. And then to reference “To The Church of Religious Consciousness” from one of the best slapstick movies ever made. Fantastic! For you young’ens, its Airplane, check it out. The ending kind of reminds a little of the Lost Boys from Peter Pan—instead we have the Lost Girls becoming pirates. Wonderful imagination and story telling. Please don’t stop!

stroudlestroudleabout 2 years ago

Great story as ever Wax , I think Cap'n Jade and crew are going to need another pirate ship soon . I love the Idea of saving the cultist girls with an apple and cheesey poetry, though I hear marmite works just as well too . Stonkingly good chapter good as ever . I'm with Maonaigh in saying the lesbian pirate crew can continue on forever and keep on proving those Mayan's wrong . Thank you Wax . Jc

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicabout 2 years agoAuthor

Moira, Alma, Jim Morrison, and the rest...

Thanks everyone who left comments and stars. I'm happy to know you're still enjoying the crew's antics. Congrats to Slurpy29 for picking up on the Airplane! references. And Sastapleton's guess of Moira from Farscape deserves an honorable mention.

I borrowed the names Moira and Alma from The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. It's a very good, though disturbing book. I highly recommend it. Though I'm not entirely sure if Alma was in the book or only the television version. (It's been a while since I've read it.)

The Jim Morrison Memorial Space Elevator happened like this... I needed a name for the space elevator. I named the Nouveau Paris one after Charles DeGaulle airport so I started looking for other airport names. Melbourne, Florida was listed as one that didn't have a name, but should, since it was the birthplace of Jim Morrison.

As for the folks who wanted the reverend to experience a little vigilante justice, I'm thinking a contingent of harvester crabs to let the air out of the van's tires and cause other mayhem would be a good start.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

.

Yes, the "reverend" contacting a bad case of the Harvester Crabs to ceaselessly torment him until he totally lost it would be a most excellent fate for such a disgusting piece of sub-human garbage. 👍👍👍👍👍

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 2 years ago

There should be always time and fearless acting saving religious maidens from the white hell of awareness by backside touchings ..... And so a porates life can be sometimes quite very complicated, loke in having enough space for some new crew girls ...... Within the next chapters is a visiting timetable open for an space dealer or an place for trading , like last time trade ...... This crew is fighting for the saphhic church and wins more and more battles ...... Take care "wp" or they will become so dangerous like a sparrow from a black pearl ......lovely , somthing to laugh to smile to touch my heart , soooooo important at time ...... Thank you wp

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppabout 2 years ago
Apple

I was expecting them to hand out the apples at the space elevator, thus pushing the reverend and his girls out of business. When they started to give the apples to the girls, I was anticipating them to be poisoned like Snow White. The girls would fall into a deep sleep and can only be awakened by true loves kiss. The reverend would try kissing them but alas, it would not work.

My guess for Moira would be from the X-men comics. Moira McTaggert. Sorty, that's the only answer I've got.

Good story as always Wax. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Not to argue with Waxphilosophic, but Moira actually means something like 'Fate' and Alma means 'Nurturing.' While those thoughts may not have been intended, they certainly provide an interesting twist to the plot line....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWaxPhilosophic@WaxPhilosophic
Miss Isabella’s Home for Stray Kittens has left and is now available exclusively as an ebook from JMS Books. https://www.jms-books.com/davina-lee-c-224_312/ * Other News... Tales from the Stream now has a glossary to help you keep the people, places, and things straight in...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES