Tales of Leinyere: The Mourn Road

Story Info
So, what else did Glladin and Elliando get up to?
8.2k words
4.52
1.6k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rustyoznail
Rustyoznail
426 Followers

This story was written as a part of the Tales of Leinyere Story Event 2023, a collaborative fantasy worldbuilding event from many talented Literotica authors. Look for the event on Literotica's story page to find links to a map of Leinyere, the official timeline of all our stories, and links to all the stories in the event from all the fantastic authors who have participated. Thanks for stepping into this world with us, and happy reading!

Thanks to Nouh_Bdee for organising the event!

My stories are set in the equivalent of the early 20th Century. Magic and science are struggling to get along. This story follows my first story, The Leinyere Farmer's Daughter.

I hope you like it, and all the other great stories based in this world.

===

Glladin stirred his midsun meal with one finger and hooked a piece of fish in his middle claw. "I love fresh lavdoc," he sighed, giving the chunk a sniff. "I don't miss the canned bog at all."

"Yeah, well, a good bit of coin does wonders. I don't know what this stew is, but I'm glad it's not rabbit. I've had enough of that to last me a lifetime," Roksur chuckled. He pushed the empty bowl away and took a mouthful of ale. "This drink is excellent."

"Definitely one of the top ales in town," Glladin admitted. He took a deep drink out of his tankard and wiped the froth off his fur. "I suppose we'd better get back to the shop and see what Master Tangford wants us to do now."

They stepped out of the inn onto the busy cog, suspended high above the waters of Galtin's Port. "I seem to recall us having much the same conversation, except we were over there," said Roksur, pointing to the cave filled cliffs, "not up here."

"It's nice getting a meal at a decent inn and not worrying about how many scraps it will cost. I could get used to being not poor."

They ambled back to the shop, enjoying the extra time for lunch from their new status as Senior Salesbeings.

"Taking full advantage of your new positions, I see," Master Tangford commented, looking at his watch as they walked in. "You're not late, that's good."

"Gll and I like the benefits, Master. We will not jeopardise those," Roksur said.

Tangford nodded. "And a good thing too. I can easily knock you back down to shop assistants if I didn't think you were taking things seriously. Anyway," he said, waving them to follow him to his office, "I've read your proposal, Glladin, and your suggested improvements. Both items are well considered."

Tangford sat behind his desk and steepled his fingers. The partners sat in the chairs offered and glanced at each other nervously. Sitting in here was rare.

"Umm, Master? So what is the next stage?" Roksur asked.

Tangford tilted his head toward Gll. "Ask him. Master Landrov also believes his proposal has merit. You are to take the Landford to Eikclav and meet Hasnk Dmzin. She is very interested in seeing the results of her research, and we have her payment. I don't want it to go through the Money Handlers Guild. I prefer to keep some aspects of the machine a secret for now, and they will want to know why such a large transaction is going to an academic."

"I understand, Master. And the other part of the proposal?" Gll's tail twitched in barely controlled excitement.

"I have made some discrete inquiries about freight between Eikclav and Rrmwite. You are correct. The oxen hauled cold landaus they currently use could easily be adapted to our autolandau. Over the 700 gallops distance, they could save a full sun in time each direction. And when you're transporting fresh fish from the port, that matters a lot."

Gll nodded excitedly. "Yes. It's about seven suns for the full trip. The landaus barely make the return trip before the ice melts. If they can do it in four or five..."

"Better quality, more profit. I see. Makes excellent business sense," Roksur said. "Plus, from what Gll was saying, their beasts don't really like Anocots. Something that helps that would be useful."

Tangford shrugged. "The companies use a lot of races as drivers and animal handlers. There aren't many natural Anocot fire mages so that probably won't change. I don't really care about that side of things. I want you two to head off in the next two suns and sell them some autos. Right?"

The two knew from the tone Master Tangford had dismissed them. They left and headed to their new desks.

"Eikclav! I'm going home," purred Glladin. "I haven't been back for so many seasons, I've lost count."

"Hmph. Why didn't you tell me you'd put in a business proposal? I thought we were friends?"

Gll shrugged and flicked his tail at Roksur's head. "I did, but you were too busy thinking about which whore to spend your cogs on. I believe you said that you didn't care where we went as long as we made enough for you to afford a silk."

"Yeah, I remember now. I guess it doesn't matter. Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into it."

"Yes, I thought it would get Tangford's attention. He's also thinking of wheels with removable chains so the autolandau can go into the mountains to collect ice."

"Must be a better way to get ice than driving to it. Someway to make it at the docks," Roksur said. "Still, not my job. Let's plan the trip nosun to Eikclav."

Glladin rummaged in a cabinet and pulled out a large map. "Well, we have to take the Mournful Road nosun to Greywood Crossing first. That's about 2500 gallops, at 15 gallops per hour... One seventy hours... Say seventeen suns. Hmm. Still quicker than a landau."

Roksur scratched his chin. "Not a lot between here and Greywood Crossing, is there? Just a few villages. Master?"

Master Tangford had come in behind them and leaned over the map. "It's quite a drive. You'll be happy to know I've arranged for your Landford's top speed to be increased to 30 gallops an hour. I didn't want to stress the machine on its first trip, but after your report and our examination, I don't think there will be a problem. Carry on."

Gll opened his eyes wide and did a quick calculation in his head. "Thirty! If we drive for ten hours per sun, that's only nine suns! Oh, we are going to take the wind out of the shipping guild's sails and the feed from the stablers. Thirty!" He shook his head in disbelief and returned to the map.

"That makes a big difference," observed Roksur. "A very good selling point. Anyway, so Greywood Crossing to Mircotclav then downsun to Eikclav?"

"Hmm? Oh, yes. Yeah, that's fine. Plenty of taverns along that section of road." Gll pushed himself upright and rubbed the back of his ear. "I'd better have a look at what the Master's done to the Landford. I don't trust his Tinkers. They get carried away with something new."

"Sure do. Anyway, I'll arrange for some more information papers to be printed with the additional details. I'm sure the Master has forgotten."

===

Gll drummed his fingers impatiently on the wheel and looked in the newly installed mirror at Roksur, carefully creating his magefire for the steam engine. It irritated him that the autolandau performed best with the magical heat source and he couldn't create it. Gll made a mental note to ask Master Landrov of the Mage Advancement Guild if they needed a fire mage near the fireball the entire time. It was definitely a limiting factor for the widespread use of the vehicle.

"How's it going?" he asked.

"Good, good. Engine fire is going nicely. I just have to do the front lights." Roksur opened the side hatch of each light and dropped a small fireball in front of the reflective prism. "Right. That'll make a difference in the caves."

"Hope so. Last time was really difficult to see where the road was." Gll checked the engine pressure and waved at Master Tangford, who gave a quick wave back and turned back to his office. Gll moved the drive lever forward one notch and grinned at Roksur. "Another improvement. Ten speeds instead of trying to guess how much steam to use."

"Good idea. You don't want to suddenly be doing thirty straight out of the door."

"Yes," Gll replied as he released the brake and drove out onto the Cog. "That would be bad for business if I ran over someone."

The two slowly drove through the cliff settlement to the start of The Mournful Road. The machine still attracted a lot of attention even though it had become a regular sight for the past two seasons. Roksur handed information papers out to those who looked interested while Gll worked his way through the crowded streets to the outskirts of the town.

"And here we go. Let's see what Tangford has done to my auto." Gll clicked the drive lever forward to five and the autolandau smoothly increased speed. Gll grunted happily and moved the lever another couple of notches. "Good. This is good."

Roksur anxiously watched his fireball through the sight tube but settled back in his seat when it just glowed happily. "So, is that it?"

Gll shook his head. "No, about three quarters. I wanted to make sure it, well, I could control the extra speed. It's pretty stable, doesn't bounce around too much."

"Yep. Some of the cargo landaus I've driven are horrible with no load. Go on, give it everything."

Gll grinned and flicked his tail. "Ok then. Full power."

The engine sighed, and the auto slowly sped up. "Oh wow," exclaimed Roksur. "We must be going as fast as a Windscour thoroughbred's distance run."

Gll nodded, concentrating on steering the speeding vehicle. "I think so. About the same as my distance running, but we can keep going in this for hours. I'd be kloffed after a couple."

The Landford hit a hole in the road and Gll swore as the wheel tried to jerk out of his hands. "Too much speed may be a bad thing." He eased back the drive lever. "Wouldn't want to do that with a full load."

"No," agreed Roksur. "I don't know who fixes the roads out here, but it would be nice if the surface was smoother."

They settled back and watched the Mountains of Mourn rise from the plains as they crept closer. They looked so close, but they both knew that was deceptive. Gll had estimated it would take them ten hours to reach High Mourn Rest taking breaks along the way. For the initial few hours, Roksur had flipped open the view tube regularly to make sure his fireball was still alight. After they stopped for a midsun meal, he stopped worrying.

"It's making me really hungry and my head hurts. I'm not sure if it's because I'm worrying or it is actually affecting my brain," he complained, rubbing his temples.

Gll took a long drink of mead and chuckled. "Didn't think there was much in there to affect. You drive for a few hours. That way you'll be concentrating on the road, not on little Roksy."

"Don't call it that," he grumped. "Good idea though. I'll see the innkeeper and get some bread, meat and cheese, and a couple of flagons of water. I really don't want to stop again until we get to the Rest."

"Water? Not ale?" asked Gll.

"No. I need to keep my wits sharp and don't you say anything..."

===

"Come on Gll, I know something happened at Systava Crossing. Before we got there, you were closed up tighter than a dwarf's money pouch. After, well, you couldn't stop purring."

Gll stoically gazed out the front window. "We made a couple of sales and got a few solid leads. Of course, I was happy. Weren't you?"

The Landford creaked and rumbled over the gravel road. They were four suns out from Giltan's Port and their stock of conversation topics had dried up. This section of The Mournful Road had been a major military route years ago when raiders or worse swept down from the Mountains of Mourn to pillage the villages of the Plentyful Plains. Most of the residents fled further downsun, and those who stayed relied heavily on the armed patrols of the Nations bordering the downsun side of the mountains to protect them. The Road was a major trading route, and the Nations agreed it was in all their best interests to keep the route safe.

Initially, the local guilds placed garrisons in villages about a sun's ride from each other and smaller patrol camps about two hours ride from each other. Messages were sent rapidly between each camp using signal lamps operated by fire Mages. The mage light could be seen in any weather and allowed the armies to move out quickly and subdue the invaders. After a couple of centuries, the bandits and invaders decided the pickings were better on the upsun side of the mountains.

The last fifty years had seen the population gradually come back, but accommodation was still hit and miss. They were expecting to have to sleep occasionally in the autolandau, and Roksur was resigned to not getting to chat with many free and easy barmaids.

"Well, yes, but that's not what I'm talking about. You and the farmer's daughter, Aliov..."

"Ellia," corrected Gll.

"There you go, you remember her name. You two spent a lot of time together going fishing and discussing vegetables. And again!" Roksur pointed accusingly at Gll trying to hide a snigger. "Come on, spill it. I reckon you both got up to more than swapping fish recipes."

Glladin continued to stare out the window, his whiskers twitching in amusement. Roksur regularly told stories of who he got up on their sales trips, usually in agonising detail. That Gll had had no sexual encounters because of his hskan being much larger than any human's tackle was glossed over. Gll was sure that Roksur conveniently forgot about the difference in penis size between races.

"Well, we did a lot of fishing. And Ellia is very fond of her root vegetables." Gll said, glancing sideways. "Besides, weren't you the one that said what happens on the sales trip stays on the sales trip?"

"You're just going to stretch this out as long as possible, aren't you? Fine. I can wait."

Gll leaned one arm on the side window sill and draped the other over the steering wheel. "You know, it's a shame this area is so empty of beings. It's quite nice. The mountains could do with a bit of snow though, like on the Dragon's Spine. I guess, given time, folks will wander back. Hopefully, the trolls keep themselves amused over the other side in Bleakfall."

Roksur snorted in disgust and chewed a fingernail. Gll was chatty compared to most Anocots, but he had a stubborn streak when the mood struck. "How much further to Greywood Crossing?"

"Oh, another two suns. Why?"

"Just feeling the need for a bit of company for a chat, seeming you've been more evasive than an Elvish politician. I was hoping to meet with a rrlil barmaid and see if they'd like their rrkan given a good tongue lashing."

"I should never have taught you some Anocot," growled Gll. "Your pronunciation is so wrong. Stick to the common tongue. It won't get you into trouble. Besides, giving a female Anocot's vagina a lick is all you could do. Your tiny hskan wouldn't be satisfying at all to her."

"It's not the size Gll, it's the execution of the technique that matters."

Gll snorted. "Who told you that? A cotton you met on The Street of Crimson Lanterns? Those cheap whores would tell you anything for a scrap."

"Well, yes, but no. There's an old human saying... 'It's not the angle of the dangle, nor the sag of the bag, but the throb of the knob that does the job.' Size doesn't matter if you know how to use it."

"I impressed Ellia with my size and effort..." muttered Gll.

"Aha! I knew it! You did fuck the farmer's daughter!" exclaimed Roksur. "By Cuvehr, how did that happen?"

Gll narrowed his eyes and shrugged. "Just happened. We went hunting those dragon mice that were setting fire to their farm, then found a spot by the river to cook them. She had a flagon of really nice anciris and well, next thing I had my hskan buried deep in her rrkan. Couldn't believe I got in. Well, I didn't get my entire length in, just a couple of hands, but that felt so good. And she ate my cock! She swirled her tongue around the top and nibbled it like it was a sticksweet."

"So humans do have some good sexual techniques? The way you've carried on, it was like you thought the Anocots invented sex."

"Yeah well, I still think putting my penis in the mouth of a rrlil is a bad idea. Anocots aren't gentle when mating. Her teeth would rip me to shreds, but with the right human or elvish? Sure, that was so different. Ellia was pretty happy with me doing the same on her rrkan. Gods, that girl's vagina flowed like the Eik River. And the taste! So many subtle flavours. Sweet, with a tang from her you know what, and an underlying taste of her unique body." Gll licked his lips at the memory.

"Well, I'm happy you finally..."

"But fucking her arse. That was truly amazing. I couldn't get two hands length into her vagina, but she took the full five of me in the back with no problems. And it was so good, it was like fucking a female. I went in deep to the hilt, Roksur. All the way. And Ellia loved the feeling of being stuffed. She squealed, she moaned, she growled..."

"But, you said..."

"The first time she was on her knees with her lok up. I thought I'd rip her apart, but no. Ellia has had a lot of experience using watermaid root. It worked to loosen her hole. She was tight, oh by the Gods, she was beautifully tight but we worked together until I was in. I don't know how she managed it. I didn't think a human body was built that way. Anyway, once we both got used to me being in her, Ellia asked me to smash my hskan into her. Didn't need to ask twice. Just a little move to start, but she insisted I ram my cock into her body. No mercy. I could feel every move she made, twisting and turning as I slammed into her. Tough as a bullboar, that one."

Gll shuffled uncomfortably in his seat and tugged his kilt down over his rapidly rising hskan. The memory of his time with Ellia was very pleasant, but he didn't want his cock poking out from under his kilt in front of Roksur. He cursed his colleague under his breath for goading him into telling him about Ellia, but he felt relieved he could tell someone. He also hoped it would shut Roksur's bragging up for a while.

Roksur tried not looking at his friend's large lump. "Wow. Umm... Wouldn't have thought you were her type."

"Just shows you never know. Anyway, so we basically came together. She screamed, I howled. It was magnificent. Then the next night... Oh, by Kitara, get off the road you Ratten!" Gll pulled the drive lever back and stomped on the brakes to avoid hitting an ox pulled landau which had come out of a side track in front of them. "It's not like they couldn't see us."

"Probably didn't expect us to be going so fast. A box like this ripping along at thirty? Unheard of, for most."

Gll pulled the whistle chain and drove around the landau. "Guess so. We are a pretty strange sight. Anyway, so the next night. Better than the first."

Roksur sighed and settled back. A happy Anocot was better than a grumpy cat. "Fine, how much better?"

Gll started purring at the memory. "We went fishing the second night. Ellia has a quiet spot near the river where she went when she wanted to, umm, relax. We quickly caught a brace of fish to keep up appearances, then started fucking. She dived straight on me, working me completely up in no time. Every time she watched me rise, she giggled. Couldn't believe how five hands of hskan appeared out of nowhere, instead of just hanging around like you hairless. What's that about? One good kick in the danglers and you're down and out. Whichever God designed you didn't think things through, did they?"

Roksur shrugged. "It's not like we have much of a say in how we're made."

"Guess not. So Ellia tried to shove as much of me down her throat as possible. She had a hard time just getting her lips around my cock, nevermind down her throat. She did her best but had to admit defeat. Still, just having her hands wrapped around me and the feeling was just amazing. She pushed me back on the ground and swung her arse over my face so I could lick her rrkan at the same time. My rough tongue worked wonders on her, what's it called? Her clit?"

Rustyoznail
Rustyoznail
426 Followers