Tales of the Wastelander Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The moment he was inside of her, Ben surrendered all control to his inner beast, letting it take hold of him. He fucked her savagely, his need to cum and to empty his balls taking precedence. He could feel Samara quaking beneath him as she moved with him, seeking another release like she'd just had. By the way she was shaking, Ben could tell that she was close and was more than happy to bring her there.

Ben kept ramming his cock into her, filling her weeping quim constantly as he chased his orgasm. Samara's moans, which had started as tiny squeals, were now full-blown screams, which she had no intention of silencing.

"Don't... stop... fucking... mmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Samara howled as she came for the third time that night. Her egging him on like that set him off in a way he had never experienced before, her voice being the trigger for him to empty his balls. He roared in pleasure, his seed filling up the condom near to bursting. He held onto Samara as he slammed his cock into her, keeping them joined as he rode out his high.

The level of bliss he experienced had him nearly black out, his body teetering on the brink of exhaustion. He didn't remember falling to his back, but Ben was suddenly staring at the ceiling, blinking slowly. Ben then felt the condom come off, then something warm and wet envelop his cock. His head snapped up, and he saw Samara sucking his dick clean, using her tongue in creative ways.

"Sam..." he groaned, unable to contain himself as she lapped up every last drop.

"Yes, Benjamin?" she said as innocently as possible as she finished with his tool. She then crawled up to him as he lay there, before kissing him fitfully.

"Where did that kinky side of you come from, Samara? I've never seen that before!" Ben marveled at her as she smiled.

"That is one of the milder things that I am willing to do for my boyfriend, Ben. That boyfriend, being you," she declared to him.

"Samara Helena Rodriguez, my girlfriend? Hell yeah!" Ben growled as he smirked at her. "I like the sound of it! So, does my new girlfriend feel like spending the night with her new boyfriend?"

"Abso-fucking-lutely!" Samara yipped as she plastered herself to Ben's side. Ben chuckled as he scooted to the head of the bed, twitching aside the sheets so he could crawl under them. He beckoned for Samara to join him, and she squeed as she slid into the bed with him. Samara snuggled up to Ben, happy to be his girlfriend again.

"Samara...."

******************************

"SAMARA!"

Ben screamed the name as he woke up, believing the memory he dreamed to be real. When he looked at his surroundings, he knew it was only a dream. He remembered that night well, as it was one of his most cherished memories of his time with Samara. Tears stung his eyes and Ben brushed them away, but there was one bodily condition that Ben could not brush away so easily.

His dick was standing at full mast and with the way it was throbbing, he would have to handle it soon. Taking a quick whiff of his armpits, Ben knew he needed a shower. He was thankful that he'd had the time to check the bathing facilities to ensure they were still working. Most of them didn't, but he found at least two showers that were still producing hot water and got up to clean himself.

He found several cupboards where certain everyday materials, like soap, tissue, etc., was stored and had raided them previously. Though the stored items were sealed in vault-like storage devices, most of them lay empty due to the previous vault occupants. Ben found a few bars of soap and clean towels and made use of them.

He showered, taking his time to get clean and take care of his little problem. As Ben finished with his morning wood, he staggered slightly and wondered why. It was then that he remembered that he'd been an ice cube for the better part of five hundred years, so he was still weak and needed to rebuild his musculature a bit. He then did a secondary scrub, washing away his sweat and other bodily fluids.

Once he was finished, Ben dried off and donned his old clothes before he headed back to his room. He sat down on the bed and sorted through the boxes of personal effects. He didn't find much of use, but there were a few items that stood out from the rest. There was a six-inch hunting knife, a Swiss army knife, a compass, a couple of laser lighters and, most surprising was a collapsible baton.

He set these items aside, as they would have a practical use outside of the vault. The rest of the items he found, he kept them separated, so he knew who they belonged to. He wondered what he'd do with them before he thought they should remain with their owners. Slowly, one by one, Ben took each collection of knickknacks and placed them by the cryo pod of those who had once owned them.

He bowed his head and said a small prayer for them, for the life they'd never get to live, and went back to work. Though his plan was to leave, Ben wasn't sure that he could leave, because of him being susceptible to radioactive poisoning. He then remembered that there was another video file in the folder he located on the terminal. He hopped back into the command center to have a look.

Sitting down, it didn't take long for Ben to locate the file. The label of 'Topside' had him curious when he'd first seen it. But he was too distraught to bother looking at it after he'd learned the truth of what had happened. He clicked on the video file and it played. It was another file of Simon, but he looked much older and thicker than he had in the previous video.

"Hello, Cryo Vault survivors. I imagine that after you have watched the first video, you must have a great deal of questions. Though we have done our best to answer them for you, there is one other question I am sure you want answered. I believe the question is; Can we leave the vault safely? The quick answer to that is, you can, with no need for radiation suits!" Simon enthused.

"Some of you listening to this recording may think, 'Wait a minute, how is that possible? The radiation outside from all the bombs that have dropped should kill us within a minute.' Under normal circumstances, you would be correct, but the techs here in the vault have not been idle with their time," Simon explained.

"It was after the bombs had dropped that we theorized it might be possible to craft a booster shot. Something that would give everyday people a higher tolerance to toxic radiation. After the initial bombs had fallen, along with every nuclear reactor going into critical meltdown, we ventured topside. The goal was to gather as many samples as far afield as we could manage."

"Our efforts seemed futile at first, as we could find no way to continue the research with no progress being made. Our first attempts ended in complete failure, as the nuclear samples killed the organic tissue we were trying to bond it with. Even though the results were disheartening, he continued with the research, anyway. It was our job and our duty to give you all the best possible chance of survival that we could," Simon went on.

"As time went on and we kept testing, we saw worse and worse results. Until we had a breakthrough. Because of the radioactive fallout, new flora and fauna and variations of ones we knew of had sprouted and grown. When we obtained samples of these, we made use of them. For the first time in decades, we were seeing positive results," Simon said, his excitement bleeding through.

"With this new data, we could start anew, working upwards and trying to gain better results each time. After five years of research on it, we had made our goal possible. We now had a usable serum, which could give us a heightened resistance to the nuclear fallout of the world as we now know it! After first testing it on ourselves, we saw it was entirely possible to be capable of retaining a permanent resistance! In some cases, we were seeing complete immunity from toxic radiation!"

"The resulting data we collected showed that the level of resistance and immunity would depend on a person's genetic background. Even then though, random elements could play a role as to how strong or weak their resistance is. Though thankfully, this randomness was few and far between. After we had used the vaccine and tested it extensively, we filtered it into the cryo pods in minute doses. We did it this way to ensure that everyone could leave to vault, if they so choose," Simon went on.

"After treatment was complete, we tested each cryo pod occupant, just to see how resilient they would be to the outside radiation. The list is attached to the end of this video, to make it more convenient for those wishing to know how radiation they can safely expose themselves to. We have also included the file path for those who want to know further details about it. I hope that this answers the questions about how we made this possible," Simon finished.

As he had said, a digital list of everyone's radiation resistance was listed. It was a while before Ben's was displayed, and even Ben was astounded by it. His resistance was bordering on complete immunity from many types of radiation! He paused the video and followed the file path, locating the additional notes about the levels of immunity.

From what he was able to read about the notes, Ben could stand next to radioactive materials and waste, and not be affected! Touching and handling said materials, though, was another matter entirely. He would require protection in order to move such materials, and in the cases of highly concentrated doses of radiation, he would need some protection. Though moving about in the new world above was something that he could do with no issue!

Thankful that he could leave the vault now, Ben headed on back to his room and started packing up his supplies. He gathered every packet of food, some clothes that were still serviceable, and his newly gained items into a duffle bag he'd found earlier. He also took the time to fill up some canteens he found and cleaned, knowing that he'd need fresh water. Once it was packed up, Ben grabbed it and walked out, heading towards the exit.

Although there was much that Ben could to try to restore the vault, he was the only one there. On top of which, though the vault had all the tools and such he needed, he lacked the raw materials necessary to effect the repairs. He was thankful that Mr. Adler had the foresight to not only stockpile knowledge but also the tools and machines needed to restore humanity to where it was.

Having read and listened to the brief that Simon had provided at the end of the first video, Ben knew that he would have to come back. But when he did, he was going to have located raw materials and the labor force necessary to use everything there. He sighed at being the last one left behind, but there was nothing for it. Shouldering his duffle, Ben walked over to the elevator shafts, where the stairs were located.

Ben knew that taking the elevators after five hundred years of disuse was suicide. He hoped the stairway up would at least be in reasonable shape to walk up. Entering the stairwell, Ben noted the thick coating of dust on it, and was wary. But he could see that time had merely tarnished the metal and concrete of the stairs, rather than ravaging it. The lights in the stairwell flickered fitfully, but cast enough light to see by.

Taking a breath, Ben started up the twenty-story hike, pacing himself as he ascended. Though he was still not in the shape he desired to be, Ben cleared all twenty without breathing too heavily. He came out of the stairwell right next to the elevator and saw what remained of Simon's Segway. It had fallen apart, most of the machine rotting away, with nothing left but a tangle of metal and wires.

Ben rushed on out, hoping that his car would be all right. He ran over to where he parked it and saw that the vehicle was still there, with the cover still in place. Ben noted that there were some dents on the material that encased the lot, like someone had tried to break in. He placed his hand on a nearby palm scanner and the machine lit up in a green light, opening the cover.

He walked towards his car but stopped short as he sighed heavily. There was no way he was taking his car out of here now, as the tires had rotted away. With the car sitting on only its rims, Ben was going to have to make his way around this new world on foot. Another thing he figured was that there was likely no power in the battery. Five hundred years of atrophy had probably drained the battery of all its power and its ability to retain it.

He growled at his lack of forethought and knew that there was nothing he could do at the moment. Ben set down his duffle bag and walked around, having a look at the remaining vehicles. There were several where the break in had been successful and Ben saw they faced a similar problem, with their tires having rotted away. Knowing he was not going anywhere in a vehicle, Ben took a gander in each of them, anyway.

Figuring that he might find some more items of use, he searched each one, finding little of any real use. He found a couple more weapons; them being a hatchet and a machete. Though they could also be used as tools for survival, which is why Ben kept them. Despite these finds, Ben lacked anything that he could hunt with at a distance. Right then, he remembered something he kept in his trunk that he could use and bolted off back to his car.

Ben dug around in his duffle bag for his keys and found them quickly. He then opened his trunk and sorted through the old items he had stored there until he found the case he was looking for. He pulled it out, eager to see if it was still intact, which, to his great relief, it was. Inside was a compound bow with a quiver of thirty arrows, which he had bought a few years before he'd gone under.

Though he wasn't a competitive marksman by a longshot, Ben had joined a local archery club, wanting to learn how to shoot. He wasn't a fan of guns, preferring to use a bow and arrow instead. He was now very glad that he'd been such an enthusiast, going to almost every meeting and hitting the range as frequently as possible. His eyesight was fairly good, which allowed him to hit the bullseye constantly.

Ben also located his solar powered flashlight, which had cost him a pretty penny when he bought it. After a brief check to ensure that it still worked, Ben smiled and tucked the light into the waistband of his pants. Now that he had this weapon in hand and a means to see by, Ben felt he could go topside and at least defend himself adequately.

He stared at his car, knowing that he wouldn't leave it here. This car was the last remnant that Ben had of his father, and he wasn't just going to abandon it. Though CryoTek had assured him they'd look after his vehicle, it was clear they never got around to it. He had a lot of work ahead of him, if he was going to make it roadworthy again. Ben then turned his thoughts towards what lay ahead.

As far as survival went, that was a toss up, as Ben didn't know what lay out there. His imagination ran wild for a moment before he banished the ludicrous thoughts. Sure, things would have changed, but not that drastically. Knowing that he wasn't going to get anywhere by thinking about it, so he took up his bag and new acquisitions and headed towards the main lift.

After looking over the whole thing, Ben thought better of activating it after all this time. Though it had likely worked for the people who had left from before, that was decades ago and Ben didn't trust it. Putting his trust in his own legs, Ben searched around for another stairwell leading up and he found it. The level of dust here was a little less than he thought it would be, and he walked on up without issue.

Ben had to stop a couple of times, as his legs and lungs complained about the journey in front of them. He knew it was a long way up and that he'd have to keep going if he was to walk out of this place. He took a thirty-minute breather before continuing on, trudging his way up the stairs. Ben kept on moving until he found his way up to a set of double doors, which he opened and walked through.

He came out into what appeared to be a basement and Ben wracked his brain for a moment, before he remembered the farmhouse that was up there. Ben laughed hysterically for a second, now that he knew he was on the surface and didn't have to climb up any more stairs. He took another breather, but Ben knew, for now at least, that leaving the vault was done.

After catching his breath, Ben walked up the stairs and came out into a reasonably clean house. He stared around the place and wondered why it was so well kept, with no trace of dust anywhere! Ben looked to the windows and the doorways and they appeared to be hermetically sealed, judging by how snug and tight the edges were. He also noted that the windows were just solid panes of glass, with no way to physically open them.

Ben thought this odd, but then remembered that the techs were out gathering samples of the outside world. It made sense for them to have set up and outfit this house for them to step outside without being poisoned. Now that he was here, Ben knew that he would have to walk outside and find his way about in this world. The house seemed like a good place to keep as a home base, considering that it was in better shape than the vault.

The blinds on the windows were open and because of this, it afforded Ben a good look of outside. It was twilight outside, which was fast approaching dusk, for which Ben was thankful, as he was far too tired to step outside and explore. He made use of his light, as the bulbs in the house had burned out long ago. He wandered about until he finally located the bedrooms on the second floor.

Sighing in relief that there were at least serviceable beds in the house, Ben put his bag down before turning back to the house. He then swept the house, looking for any breaches and any intruders in the home, big or small. Finding nothing inside the place, and the doors securely locked, Ben headed back up to the bedroom. He then fell onto the mattress, passing out before his mind registered his head hitting the pillow.

******************************

Ben woke to the sun streaming through one of the open windows, striking his eyes, forcing him to blink. He groaned as he rolled over and sat up, stretching his arms as he shook himself awake. Ben yawned loudly, swinging his legs over the side of the bed and standing slowly. He was amazed how much the rest had done for him and already after two days of waking from cryo sleep; he felt much stronger.

He was still groggy though, as his belly rumbled, needing food to fill it. He went into his duffle bag and rummaged around until he found a couple of ration bars. Not caring what flavor they were, Ben opened them up and stuffed his face, chewing almost mechanically. He swallowed them quickly, doing his best to silence his rumbling stomach. He stood up and stretched, working the knots out of his muscles.

"Man, I am really missing coffee," Ben lamented.

Shaking his head to clear it of the last of the cobwebs, he walked out of the room and downstairs. He wandered around the main floor for a few minutes, peeking out of the windows to see if anything lurked outside. Seeing no movement, Ben hiked back upstairs and selected what he was taking with him outside.

He strapped on the machete, the knife, and concealed the baton in his pants pocket. He took one of the laser lighters and the bow with the quiver, in case he stumbled across something to hunt. Although things were radioactive outside this house, from what he read of his immunity level, it was safe to hunt and eat anything he found. Provided it wasn't growing too close to a major fallout site.

In case he wound up finding nothing to eat, Ben tucked a pair of ration bars in his other pocket, a full canteen around his neck, and headed back downstairs. He kept the keycard on him, as he saw the keyreader on the doorframe and assumed there was one outside of the door as well. Taking a deep breath, Ben squared himself and walked out the door.