All Comments on 'Talla's Fallen Temple Ch. 28'

by xtorch

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
SashimiSashimiover 8 years ago
Oh my god(dess)...

This was great. Can't wait for the fuse to finally light. As if the idea of Zhair'lo going to Beshenna didn't enrage Talla enough already! So many good people trying to do the good thing and everything goes wrong. Wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The wait was worth it

Great chapter! So many possibilities unfolding!

(One minor question...has Talla's had any upgrades recently? Is she due? Just curious. )

bosbobejaanbosbobejaanover 8 years ago
Great.

A great chapter after the long break, can't wait to read more.

xtorchxtorchover 8 years agoAuthor
Talla's upgrades

> Has Talla's had any upgrades recently? Is she due? Just curious.

She wouldn't be due for one until around when her first year of service in the Temple is complete. She only got the extra Strength upgrade for medical reasons.

Plus, I wouldn't neglect to mention something *that* important. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
wonderful

Wonderful, as always.

samsayssamsaysover 8 years ago
I'd like to say this is a great chapter but...

it isn't. It's Fantastic. A lot of information and a great many different paths to try to follow.

1. The time is a little vague but I assume that Maska got to Beshenna just as it was falling? She will be there to see a Temple fall. Will she survive? and what will she learn?

2.Why are the Fighters being served in room with large beds? at least larger than they are used to.

3. Aloe seemed to want to tell Z'hairlo something or was she trying to find out something?

4. Back to the horses again why not send a rider from Beshenna? Wouldn't that be faster than a runner even from form?

5. What will Talla do in form? Ask Gillian if she can go to Beshenna with her she recognized that Talla had skill with a bow and was determined to as good as Shanata? And who called out to her as she ran by?

6. Master Kendrick is dying, how does he know? Should he have told the queen before so they can plan for his replacement? He didn't seem to have the same feelings for the queen as she has for him.How will that affect her behaviour?

8. Can Z'hairlo survive carrying that must of the Goddesses magic for that long? and is that why the queen of sweetness is unhappy? Because the Goddess if sending him to his death?

9. Why did Beshenna fall? Was it some plot by the queen of endowment to become Goddess?

10. What did the Goddess do to Z'hairlo after Sonja left? Was she going to manipulate his mind?

WOW Excellent chapter!!! Please get # 29 out quickly! A early Christmas Present pehaps!!! Please please please!!!! Chris

xtorchxtorchover 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks, everyone!

Glad you liked it and I'm working hard on 29. 28, as you can see, took longer to edit since it was twice as long.

Some of your questions I can't answer, but I'll do my best.

1. Good for Maksa's research, at least.

2. A luxury to accentuate the sheltered, pampered people they protect. Those are probably normal sized beds, but Zhai is used to small, military cots.

3. That his life will be extra difficult. That he is as ready as the Temple predicted.

4. ...

5. ...

6. He can see the his own grey hair as well as anyone.

7. The mysterious, unwritten question.

8. ...

9. ...

10. ...

Chapter 29 is nearly done. It will answer some of the questions (...) but not all.

katgoddess1katgoddess1over 8 years ago
Grippin chapter!

Too bad Talla and friends couldn't destroy the synergist before the goddess used it! But does the goddess even need it? Nobody actually saw her insert it. It sounds as though Zhair'lo might not be the same after being used this way.

samsayssamsaysover 8 years ago
As an old artilleryman...

I know what a caisson is in that sense. In Talla's and Zhair'lo' s world I am not sure, is it a 2 wheel cart? And I still am want to know why they don't use horse's to speed up the moving of information between the temple's. Chris

xtorchxtorchover 8 years agoAuthor
Caisson

I've always pictured it as a narrow, two wheeled cart with the transporting surface placed so that it's balanced on the centre of the wheels, with the handles at both ends so either one or two people could control it.

Something like this:

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/462202/95907073/stock-photo--d-render-of-medieval-cart-95907073.jpg

... but with handles at both ends.

If you unbalance the load and put one end over the wheels, then you have something more like a chariot and the single set of handles becomes a mount for a horse.

It's possible I'm using a historical word incorrectly. :-)

samsayssamsaysover 8 years ago
That is a unusual...

Choice to carry him but it is your world. You still ducked the horse question?

! How is chapter 29 coming? Chris

asianToyasianToyover 8 years ago
It's 'Eminence'...

It's an odd mistake given how well written the story is and I figured it was a typo the first few times I read it, many chapters ago, but the form of address is 'Your Eminence' and not 'Your Imminence'.

Keep up the fine story - five stars as always, and let us have a conclusion.

xtorchxtorchover 8 years agoAuthor
Imminence/Eminence

Oddly, I used both words in the first novel and only the wrong one (Imminence) in this one. Have to straighten that out if I ever publish an e-book. Thanks.

The next chapter is with my editor. Soon, soon ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
nice

the plot you have built is nice please post chapters more frequently

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
soon

Nice story but how soon is soon for next chapters

SashimiSashimiover 8 years ago
No rush

Take your time polishing the next chapter. It's worth it. I had to re-read the whole thing to really value it. Made me wonder what you've planned with that signal tower, considering how long it's been around for. Kinda-sorta-weirda. For a building under construction and revision and all.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxtorch@xtorch
The next chapters of "Two Hundred Dollars More" are up on the Patreon page for anyone subscribing to the $1 tier. https://www.patreon.com/xaviertorch I'm currently also working on the third novel in the Talla's Temple series. My first novel is Talla's Temple. I know, it co...