All Comments on 'Talla's Temple Ch. 16'

by xtorch

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Very interesting, however...

It'd be cool if we could get some Dune-like appendices on the top-down structure of the temple, what each discipline's function in society is (eg, abundance = public works).

Also, it's pretty clear that due process works a bit differently in this world, if it works similarly to ours at all. However, the Talla and the reader are just as clueless as to how someone not authorized could procure a ritual item when even procuring a scroll to mail parchment was difficult at best. Forgive me for being all critical in this message. I give you a 5 for this story and the wonderful world and characters you have breathed life into in the chapters before. In this ordered society, shouldn't it be nigh impossible for Talla to procure ritual items that are potentially dangerous?

My inquisitive nature is getting the better of me. I look forward to the next chapter with great anticipation.

xtorchxtorchabout 13 years agoAuthor
Appendices

I do have several pages of background material. I could probably publish some of it when the first book is done, just as a resource for things already revealed. I wouldn't want to skip ahead and reveal anything else, though. What would be the fun in that? :-)

And, yes, I don't think I'm giving anything away when I say that the reason such a panicked reaction was induced was because it was supposed to be impossible to get Synergist in any way but via Temple orthodoxy. These women like things in order, after all, for a variety of reasons.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Dry opinion

Mysterious.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxtorch@xtorch
1652 Followers
The next chapters of "Two Hundred Dollars More" are up on the Patreon page for anyone subscribing to the $1 tier. https://www.patreon.com/xaviertorch I'm currently also working on the third novel in the Talla's Temple series. My first novel is Talla's Temple. I know, it co...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES