Taming a Brat Pt. 17

Story Info
Alias gets punished.
6.9k words
4.79
9.7k
3

Part 17 of the 23 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 05/07/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*Alias's POV*

When I woke to my phone ringing, I was disappointed by the vacancy in the bed beside me. Kane's flight was before dawn, and I didn't even hear him leave or get into the bed last night. After that amazing sex, I was sleeping like a log. I quickly pressed answer as Kane's name flashed across my screen.

Alias: Hello?

Kane: Hello, Beautiful.

Alias: Who the hell is this?

Kane: You're hilarious. Did you sleep well?

Alias: I did. Easy travels?

Kane: It was. You're going to be late, Alias.

I checked the time on my phone, and there was more than plenty of time to get to the office.

Alias: Doubtful, but I should get ready.

Kane: Knowing you, anything is possible. Have a good day, Alias. I just wanted to make sure you were alright. I'll talk to you soon!

Alias: You too, Sir! Bye bye!

He couldn't see my smirk, but I just couldn't resist teasing him since he couldn't be here to do anything about it. We hung up reluctantly, and I pulled myself from the comfort of the bed and made my way to the kitchen to start a pot of coffee and get ready for the day. My eyes landed on a carefully folded note beside the coffee pot with my name on top written in Kane's handwriting. I delicately opened the letter and began reading:

"Good Morning Sweetheart,

I hope you slept well. I have the special blend coffee you like in the cabinet above the sink, and you'll find your coffee mug in there as well. I could barely leave you this morning, so I thought I'd write you a letter. Take care of yourself, and call me if you need anything at all. I took a taxi, so Damion is at your disposal. Go easy on him. See you soon, my Good Girl.

-Kane"

My heart fluttered at the simple gesture. I can't honestly recall a time any man in my life left me a note just because. I appreciated the old fashioned letter as opposed to a simple text. I folded it up and carried it to the guest room, placing it in one of my many suitcases piled up in here. For some reason, I wanted to keep it. I glanced around at my unpacked things and asked myself what my plan was. Kane insinuated I could stay as long as I needed, but I still am hesitant to unpack my things. It was hard for me to be okay with it because I'm not really sure where we stand.

Friends with benefits? A friendly D/s relationship? I mean, what the hell would you classify us? I thought not labeling anything would make our agreement simpler, but things were moving almost too fast to not know where we stand. I don't want to move in and be considered a 24/7 sub, though I don't see Kane forcing that or anything on me. I also don't want to move in and be considered a friend with benefits. But what do I want to be?

It was undoubtable at this point. I do have feelings for him, not necessarily love or anything crazy, but so much appreciation- and lust of course. After spending a while staring at suitcases, I snapped out of my trance. Just go with the flow, Alias, don't complicate things.

I picked out one of the suits that I did bother hanging and threw my hair in a slicked back ponytail. I didn't feel like doing much today, especially since he would see me anyway. I texted Damion to meet me out front and made my way outside. He was waiting by the car as typical. He was beaming ear to ear when he saw me, almost as if he were eager to see me.

"What's the shit eating grin for?" I teased him.

"Alias, we have so much catching up to do," He said excitedly.

"Oh, do tell!" I said as we both entered the car.

"Firstly, thank you for bringing Sarah around. Secondly, thank you for putting up with Kane's shit," Damion said half jokingly.

"You're welcome to both," I chuckled at him, "I take it things are going well with you two?"

"She's incredible, Alias," He was smiling proudly.

"That she is," I smiled back, happy for my best friend. She kept me in the loop for the most part. She was starting to really fall for Damion, but I decided to keep that to myself.

"This might be a sore subject, but Kane never took a taxi for anyone- not even Claire," Damion said seriously.

"I was surprised when he said you were at my disposal," I laughed lightheartedly, flattered.

"I might not put it that way," He chuckled, "But I was surprised too."

"Damion, can I ask something?" I asked cautiously.

"Absolutely," Damion replied.

"Should I move in with Kane?" I all but blurted. I knew what Sarah would say, "Live your life, Alias!" I can hear her now. I needed a second opinion, and Damion knows Kane better than anyone.

"He asked or...?" Damion carefully asked.

"He said I could," I explained.

"Do you want to?" He asked in response.

"I don't not want too, but it's a bit unorthodox, you know? Living with your boss..." I responded.

"Is it more unorthodox than being your boss's submissive?" Damion retaliated.

"Well, when you put it like that," I rolled my eyes, but he had a fair point. "You don't think he'd have different expectations of me?"

"Alias, Kane will never force you into anything- that is unless that's your kink," He teased.

"I haven't trusted anybody besides Sarah in a long time, Damion," I sighed, admitting the real dilemma.

"He hasn't trusted anybody other than me for a long time, Alias. You may find that you two have similar concerns if you talk with him about it," Damion advised.

"I guess you're right. One other thing," I replied.

"Hit me," Damion responded.

"Do you think he didn't choose me for the pitch beacuse-.." I started but he cut me off.

"If he made that choice, it was because he cares about you. I don't know a lot about it, but I know Kane's temper won't allow someone to disrespect you," Damion stated, "He wouldn't have made the decision for any other reason."

"I can handle myself," I replied quietly.

"He knows that, but even if you're not in a 24/7, he's always going to be protective of you," Damion explained softly. He came to a stop at the front of the office building and turned to give me a reassuring smile.

"Thank you, Damion, for everything," I smiled genuinely back at him.

"I'm rooting for you guys," He called out as I exited the car and made my way into the office.

I felt better after talking to Damion, but I know Kane's the one I should really be talking too. Honestly, I never expected things to end up the way they have. There's pressure from everyone for us to work, but what even are we?

I was lost in my thoughts all the way to my floor, and when the doors opened, my eyes landed on an intense debate taking place amongst my team. As I made my way to the center of the commotion, I heard bits and pieces.

"What's going on here?" I asked the team.

"We're trying to figure out the best marketing strategy for this start up company, but none of us can agree," Carol, an entry level, explained.

"Well, let's hear it! What's the product?" I asked, encouraging their friendly banter.

"Custom calendars, planners, and journals," Scott, another entry level, explained.

"Who is our target audience?" I asked the room curious of their answers.

"Women! Millennials! Boomers! Office Personnel!" A mixture of answers shouted around the room.

"Aren't we forgetting a huge potential audience?" I hinted, which causes whispers to erupt across the room.

"Teachers!" A faint voice came from the back. One of my newest entry level marketers. She was very unsure of herself, but I see much potential in her.

"Layla, please step to the front," I encouraged her.

"Hi," She said quietly as she made her way to the front of the crowd.

"Repeat your answer," I smiled at her.

"Teachers," She said with a little more confidence.

"Yes! Teachers! Let's take it a step further," I motioned for her to continue.

"Colleges, schools, daycare centers," She went on.

"Ding ding ding!" I exclaimed proudly, "Now, Layla, what was your marketing strategy?"

"Well... it probably isn't as good as the other's ideas," She said shyly. I shot my team an expectant look.

"Tell us, Layla!" They encouraged her on.

"We could do a fundraiser for the local schools as a promotional period to see how well they sell. Then, we could add them to the school supply catalogs and 'Back to School' ads," Layla said, her voice becoming more confident by the second.

"I think that's a fantastic idea. Any better ones?" I asked, silence responded, "Layla, take the lead with Carol on this one. I'm excited to see what you two come up with."

Layla smiled graciously at me as I nodded back to her and headed into my office. Since I implemented interaction, the entry levels have really stepped their game up. I'm proud of my team and how far they've come. I like to take a shy, new entry level and put them as a lead with a Senior Marketer. I've always used the strategy, and have always had some of the strongest entry levels in the field. I finished patting myself on the back and took a seat at my desk to start my own workload. I grabbed my phone to see a text from Kane.

Kane: Might be home by tomorrow morning.

Coming home early? That either means the pitch went really well or totally flopped. I was dying to know which of the two so I decided to give him a quick call.

Kane: Hello, Ms. Star.

I could hear his smirk through the phone, which caused me to giggle knowing he had to be professional.

Alias: Mr. Rhodes, I just had to ask. How is the pitch going?

Kane: Honestly, not too well. Nobody seems to be on board, and we all called a lunch break.

Alias: Lunch break less than an hour into the pitch? That can't be a good sign.

Kane: Yeah, this was huge for us. We'll just have to come up with a new strategy.

Alias: Or you could let me save it.

Kane: Ms. Star, you know I can't do that.

Alias: If he said no already, what's the harm in letting me try?

Kane: Alias.

He huffed into the speakers, clearly debating with himself. Kane knew damn well I could at least give a better presentation than Sam. I just hoped he'd give me the chance to show him I'm more than capable of handling a misogynistic asshole.

Kane: I'll send you the flight information.

Alias: Seriously? No way!

Kane: I'll see you this afternoon, Ms. Star. Be safe traveling.

Alias: Always, Kane. Thank you.

We hung up, and I immediately called Damion to come pick me up. I'd need to go by the penthouse and change into my lucky presentation suit, the same one I wore to present in front of Kane when we first met. I said goodbye to my team and put Carol in charge while I was away for the next day or two and headed down to the lobby to meet up with Damion. I tried to contain my excitement, but I know my abilities, and I damn sure know how to handle somebody like Keith Hanson.

Damion was waiting out front, making it to the office in record speed. He greeted me as I entered the car and headed back toward the penthouse so I could gather my things.

"How'd you talk him into it?" Damion asked jokingly.

"Lots of begging," I giggled, "It wasn't working anyway, so what harm can I do trying to salvage it."

"Alias, I can't stress this enough," Damion shot me a serious look in the rearview mirror, "Kane will stand up for you, even if that means destroying his partnership with Hanson."

"Hopefully it doesn't come to that," I replied, "I mean, how bad is this guy really?"

"I met him a few years back at a Summit. His wife isn't allowed to work. The only women in his office are secretaries or customer service reps. He seemed to have very little respect for women in positions of power," Damion explained.

"If I can present to Kane Rhodes, I can present to anybody," I joked through the nervousness that crept up through my body. I was confident, but I never met Hanson, so I'm not sure entirely what I'm in for. Nonetheless, I'll do what I do best.

Kane sent me the flight information, which would only give me about 45 minutes to make it to the airport. I'll have to remember to thank him for giving me so much time to prepare. Kane booked a ticket for Damion as well, and I was grateful to have a traveling companion. Damion flew to the penthouse, and I raced upstairs to change and throw together a bag. I decided to pack some lingerie to tease Kane later on tonight for not letting me come to do the pitch in the first place. After packing and changing in record time, I was back in the car on my way to the airport with almost twenty minutes to spare. We were swerving in and out of traffic at an almost dangerous speed, but I was confident in Damion's driving skills despite my nerves. We pulled into the airport on two tires and all but ran to security.

"Remind me to call you any time I'm in a hurry," I teased as we finally made it to the line.

"I deserve an award for being the best driver there ever was," Damion teased back.

"Undoubtedly," I giggled at him.

We made it through security, running to board the plane. We made it in ample time, surprisingly. Once we were on the plane, I pulled out my laptop and opened the presentation I was drafting to show Kane when he shot me down. I made a few edits, added a couple details, and made it a bit more visually pleasing. I created an easy to read data chart that I was confident would close the deal if I could manage to make it to the end of the pitch. I practiced a few times in my head when I heard the pilot announce we'd be landing shortly.

As soon as the wheels hit the ground, I texted Kane to let him know we made it safely to Jersey. It only took about an hour to board, fly here, and get off the plane, so it was still fairly early in the afternoon. It would be just enough time for everyone to have lunch and be making their way back to the conference room. Damion and I got a rental car and headed over to Hanson & Sons Corp.

My heartbeat picked up at I spotted the building a few blocks away. Normally, I get a little nervous, but I was extremely anxious. I had something to prove not only to Kane, but also myself.

Kane was waiting out front for me, and I bid Damion goodbye as he was headed to check into the hotel and drop off our bags. I grabbed my brief case, took a deep breath of confidence, and began walking over to Kane.

"Mrs. Star, you do look ravishing in that white suit," Kane complimented me as I stood in front of him.

"Mr. Rhodes, that's hardly professional," I teased as I shot him a smirk, walking past him.

He grabbed my arm lightly, but firmly, "I really don't care," He whispered in my ear, sending chills down my spine. I bit my lip to resist retaliating and regained my composure as Kane led me to the elevators and up to the conference floor.

"Alias, Keith can be a prick," Kane said seriously as we rode the elevator.

"So can I," I shot him a devious look as the doors opened revealing the floor of conference rooms.

"We're in here," He motioned toward a room down the hall, "I won't let him get out of line."

"Let me handle myself, I'll let you know if I need backup," I explained, not wanting him to intervene. It'd only add fuel to the fire to have to have him stand up for me.

Kane entered first, holding the door open for me. I smiled, greeting the men around the conference table. I shot Sam a look of confidence, knowing he was hating every minute of this. I like Sam, but he was entirely too arrogant for his skill set.

"I'd like to introduce my head Marketing Director," Kane began, but Keith cut him off.

"Rhodes, what is this?" Keith said, clearly frustrated by my presence.

"Keith, this is-.." Kane started, but I decided now was the time to speak for myself.

"Alias Star," I stuck my hand out, which Keith hesitantly shook, failing to introduce himself.

"I assume you must be the infamous Keith Hanson," I smiled at him.

"Well, at least you can deduct that much," He said bitterly.

"And this must be Mr. Joey Hanson, your son and VP," I smiled, extending my hand to his son, who was much kinder in shaking my hand than his father.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Star. I assume you're here to try to close the deal?" He joked.

"That I am," I smiled genuinely.

"Well, get on with it," Keith said coldly, "We don't have all day."

"Keith-.." Kane started again, but I refused to let him stand up for me.

"Mr. Hanson, I'd love to get straight to it, thank you!" I smiled boldly at him, knowing my response struck a nerve by his facial expression. Kane seemed to be biting the hell out of his tongue.

I hooked my laptop to the screen so the entire room could see the slideshow. I took a deep breath, my eyes landed on Kane, who shot me a reassuring look of confidence. I reminded myself silently that I am damn good at what I do, no matter what the outcome is here today.

For the first few slides, Keith was entirely uninterested, paying very little attention to me, doodling on a piece of paper. His son on the other hand, seemed to be captivated by the first slide. Easy enough, I just have to win over Keith. But how?

I continued on, not letting his lack of interest affect me, until I made it to the end of the presentation. I decided now was my best chance if any to get his attention, though I wasn't sure how he'd respond. You know what they say though, fight fire with fire.

"Mr. Hanson, am I boring you?" I asked, holding off on pressing the next slide with the data chart.

"Is it that obvious, Ms. Star?" He smirked arrogantly.

"Okay, that's enough," Kane tried intervening again.

"Please, if I should save my breath, let me know now," I smiled at him, disguising the irritation bubbling up inside me.

He narrowed his eyes at me, clearly unhappy by what I said. He turned to Kane, giving him the same glance. "Mr. Rhodes, I think you should give your staff a lesson on conversational etiquette," He said to Kane.

"Would you be joining me in that class?" I asked before Kane would respond, who looked like he might die of embarrassment I might add, "This is hardly necessary, Mr. Hanson."

"Let her continue," Joey gave his father a look, who huffed in agreement. Keith motioned his hand for me to continue. I pressed next slide, confidence easing by the minute knowing I now had his attention.

"As you can see, on the left is the projected numbers for this company in a year's time without our marketing assistance. You'll see on the right the projected numbers in a year's time with our assistance. I'll save my closing argument, and instead allow you a moment to look over the numbers, which are undeniable. In conclusion, Mr. Hanson, you would essentially be an irresponsible business owner to not take this deal," I smiled confidently as I finished with a sly remark.

Silence filled the room as wide eyes and surprised glances were exchanged. Kane seemed to be fighting an internal battle as he had his chin placed in the palm of his hand, a firm look on his face. Mr. Hanson and his son both seemed to be speechless as they looked at each other in a bundle of emotions. My confidence started to falter as the silence lingered a bit too long.

"Ms. Star," Keith started, furrowing his eyebrows together. He stood up from the table, and I was sure he was about to walk out when he stuck out his hand across this table. I tried to fight the smile that was trying to spread across my face as I shook his hand.

"You have yourself a deal," He smiled at me, "Rhodes, I'll see you in my office afterwords."

I shot Kane a devilish smirk as I pulled out the contracts from my brief case, to which he shot me a look back. Clearly, he was impressed, but there was another emotion I couldn't quite read. I tore my eyes from him as I went over the paperwork with Keith and Joey. We were done within a few minutes, the deal finalized over a signature and a handshake. Everyone was gathering their things and making their way out of the room, and I decided to wait for Kane so that we could ride back together.

"Sam, grab a taxi. I'll meet you back at the hotel," Kane instructed, Sam silently nodding and leaving us in the room. A long winded exhale came from Kane's nose as he shoved his things back into his brief case. I finally identified that other emotion I picked up on: Anger.

12