Tank's Revenge Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***************

"Kelsey, I'm back if you want to eat." Mark yelled out as he emptied the bags on the table. The phone call he received from Patton weighed on his mind, but he needed to focus on her right now. She wasn't being herself, and he needed to know why.

Kelsey heard him come in the door and yell for her. Her stomach had never been more nervous in her life. She needed to test her theory, or she would be ruined forever. She knew if she didn't face it now, she would be no good for Mark and his actions against the cartel. She looked at her dress one more time, flattening it against her body while taking a huge breath.

Opening the door of the bedroom, she stood at the threshold looking at the tall, rugged man dressed in khakis and a black snug fit polo. His well-defined muscles were wanting to rip out of its confines. She watched how his face looked so serious and cold, but the way he unpacked the food was gentle and caring. He had bought two bottles of wine, which surprised her, because he hadn't drunk in front of her since he saved her. She walked slowly, meaningfully toward him. Each step taken was slowly bringing her confidence to a level of new understanding.

Mark heard what sounded like heels clicking on the hardwood floor entering the kitchenette. He turned his head and almost didn't recognize what was before him. Kelsey stood there in a green summer dress with green pumps that made her look four inches taller. Her splendid red hair tied up in a bun in the back, little earrings dangling from her earlobes that looked enticing even to him. Her fair skin was developing a light tan, and he could tell she was not wearing a bra.

"Hi...M-Mark. Thanks for picking up dinner." Kelsey broke the tension in the air, as she walked closer to him, standing within a foot from him, looking upward into his eyes.

"No problem," he was able to say as he looked up and down her small frame. "Are you going out or something?"

She smiled, "Something I guess."

He felt protective or was it jealousy. "A date, or just a night out."

"I'm not sure yet, still deciding." She giggled.

He stepped backward and offered her a chair which she gladly sat as he moved across from her to sit at the table as well. They started to pass around the food, little looks passing among the two. "Could I ask you something Kelsey?"

She raised her eyes to him and nodded her head while chewing on some General Tso's chicken. "If you want to, I don't mind."

Dropping his chopsticks, he looked at her, studying her. "What's been going on the past few days. You aren't yourself. And this, I mean, what's going on?"

Kelsey was angry, as she blurted out, "What, you don't like my dress? You think I'm hideous?"

"I nev-"

She cut him off, "I have been happy around you, only you. For almost a week, you have left me here by myself and I've never felt so alone, and miserable. I guess I am just pitying myself, sorry to make you worry." Mark sat there looking at her, wondering what else was going on in her mind. "Stop staring at me. You're making me feel weird, like those people ..."

Mark looked at her like a predator, "What people?" His mind went to what Patton had told him on the phone. If they could find Patton, why couldn't they find them in Florida.

She took a deep breath and looked down at the table, "Just some couple, t-they noticed my scars. I think it freaked them out, and it made me self-conscious again." She looked upward into Mark's eyes noticing how wild he had been looking at her. "You're not going to run off after them just because of this? It wouldn't be right; they didn't know any better."

Mark relaxed and held a smile back. His worries were unfounded, but he found she was still very fragile, and not as strong as she tried to portray herself. "If you want me to leave them be, I will." Looking down at the food, he half smiled knowing she was glaring at him. "Look Kelsey, you are an attractive young woman, and you are going to make someone very happy one day. As for the people who noticed your scars, I say screw them. People with scars, whether they are external or internal have history behind each one. Unless they have walked a mile in your shoes, they can't and shouldn't judge you."

"Are your scars the reason behind this crusade against the cartel?" Kelsey asked.

Mark looked at her, stood up and threw the remainder of his food in the trash bin. "I'm going to lie down."

***************

Later that night

She drove toward her destination, remembering every turn and landmark to the house he was so interested in. She parked the SUV in front of the house and walked up to the door, raising her head high along with her arm as she knocked on the hardwood. When the door opened, Kelsey was taken aback at the young girl who looked to be between her sisters and her own age. In her mind she knew it could be Mark's daughter.

Allyssa spoke, "May I help you?"

"Yeah...Uhm...is your mom home by chance?" Kelsey asked as butterflies danced in her stomach.

The young girl turned her head and yelled to nobody in particular, "MOM!! Door!" She then walked away leaving the door wide open. Kelsey thought she was a typical teenager, but if she were Mark's child, she would be more alert.

An older woman walked to the door, sandy blonde hair, and the same ice-cold blue eyes that Mark owned looking at Kelsey. "If you're selling something, I'm not buying."

"Nc. I'm not selling... uhm, this is awkward." She was able to finally spit out. "Do you know Mark Cassidy?"

The woman standing before her looked at her strangely. "I knew of Mark Lawson, my brother but he died. I don't know Mark Cassidy."

Kelsey was dumbfounded for a minute as she was processing, this could not be his wife. "Do you know what happened to your brother ma'am?"

The lady in front of her leaned into the doorway. "All I know is he finally did what he should have done many years ago and ended it all. Too many people are still in pain because of him. Why are you asking about my brother, and this Cassidy person? Why are you at my door?"

"My boyfriend said he thought his friend Mark Cassidy lived near here. He gave me this address. I am so sorry for disturbing you, I will be going now. Thank you for trying to help me."

"Yeah, hope you find what you're looking for lady." The woman slammed the door as Kelsey stepped off the front steps. As she walked back to the SUV, her mind was racing. Is Mark's real last name Lawson? If so, why wouldn't he tell her? She jumped into the vehicle and turned the ignition, driving to the resort with one thing in mind. She was going to get answers and it was happening tonight.

**********

November 29th, 2018

Robbins nudged Reynolds as they crossed into the city limits of Panama City. They had driven all night long after they traced the phone call Patton had placed right after they left. They had no idea who was on the other phone, but knew it had to be someone connected to Lawson or the case. "Hey wake up Morris!! I need my navigator."

Reynolds yawned, and tried to stretch his long limbs in the old crown vic. "I need coffee, bad."

"Do you only think about coffee, steak and Downey?" Robbins asked while trying to maneuver around another car.

Reynolds chuckled, "Yeah, sometimes even in that order. Others in reverse." He started to laugh loudly.

"Hey seriously man, we shouldn't be too far from the last ping from that phone. Could you at least try to open your eyes long enough to tell me where I'm going?"

"Yeah, just a second man. Sounds like you need some coffee too, driving all night like a damn fool." Reynolds popped open the laptop and clicked on a few programs and found the ping from the phone in the same location it had been since last night. "Looks like we go toward the beach, and I'll get you from there, but please let's stop and get a coffee?"

Robbins smiled, "OK, I know how grumpy you women get without their fuel in the morning."

*********

November 30th, 2018 early morning

Mark opened his eyes to the sun rising across the ocean. He noticed someone sitting in a chair next to him, so he raised his head looking toward them. It was Kelsey, she was dressed in black tactical pants, a blue t-shirt, and had her boots on, looking like she was ready for combat. He jumped off the sofa and stood before her in nothing but his underwear. Her eyes darted from his eyes to his crotch and back to his eyes. She never flinched, smiled, or changed her demeanor.

"What's wrong Kelsey? Something happened while I was sleeping?"

She had a stone face on her as she rose from the chair. She put both of her hands on his shoulders, turning him around and guiding him into the bedroom. She pushed him onto the bed and simply said one word, "Talk."

Mark was clueless as he rolled over to face her. "What about?"

"Everything you are hiding from me Mark. Or is that even your real name?" She hit him on his leg, causing him to wince. "Who are those people in that house and why are you so interested in them? Why are you so interested in helping me get my sister back? Who in the fuck is Maria?"

It was like something had turned his brain off when he heard his wife's name being spoken in that tone. He reached up, grabbing her by her arms bringing her down on the bed, while rolling on top of her. He pinned her to the bed while looking straight into her eyes with what she had witnessed many times before as he would tear a man limb from limb. With a hush but firm tone Mark spoke directly at her, "You have no right to question me about her. She has more class in her pinky fingernail than any other woman in this world, and I will not have anyone speak her name in my presence. Do I make myself clear?"

Kelsey just nodded her head in understanding as he continued, "As for my past, the less you know about it, the safer you will be. My name is Mark Cassidy, don't question it again." He loosened his grip, raising himself off her as he looked at her lips then back to her eyes. "As for your other question. I know what it feels like to lose everything in a blink of an eye. You still have hope, and I want you to feel that until we find her. We will find her Kelsey. When we do, I want you to tell me how you feel so I can hold onto something that I might feel once again."

He stood and turned toward the bedroom door. Kelsey was trembling slightly, not out of fear, she was turned on by the closeness of him and the way he took over. "Wh-Where you going?"

He didn't even turn around, just kept walking as he said over his shoulder, "I need a shower."

************

"This is the fourth resort we have been too. You would think that program would be more precise."

"We need to keep looking Big Fella. He's here, I can feel it in my gut." Robbins said calmly.

They went to the next resort over which was the Osprey. As they entered the parking lot, Robbins noticed a midnight special Suburban sitting in the back corner of the parking lot. Near there were two sedans with four people in each vehicle, looking like they were watching for someone. "Well what do we have here Big Fella?" He slowly pulled into a parking space halfway down where he had a clear view of the back half of the lot.

Reynolds was busy typing on the laptop running plates of the three vehicles. "Bobby the SUV comes back to a Mark Cassidy, out of Texas, clean record."

"Do you have a copy of his driver's license?" Robbins asked.

Reynolds typed something in when he exclaimed, "Holy shit!" He covered his mouth and turned the laptop toward his partner. It was a picture that resembled Lawson, except this one had facial hair, and longer hair. "I know you're right now; this has to be Lawson."

Robbins didn't say anything as he watched the other two cars. Reynolds spoke again, "The other two vehicles are rentals out of Tallahassee airport. Looks like they rented them this morning under the name Antonio Espinoza."

Bobby Robbins stared at the vehicles then turned to Reynolds. "Where is Tejada's file?" Reynolds handed it to him, and Robbins started to go through it furiously. His fingers looked like they were walking as he was going from one document to another. "Fuck, I can't believe it."

"What is it Bobby?" Reynolds asked as Robbins kept shaking his head in disbelief.

Robbins handed the file over to Reynolds, "He's the lieutenant of Tejada's. We have his right-hand man right in front of us."

Reynolds looked over at his partner, "What you want to do?" Robbins kept staring.

Reynolds huffed, and exited the car with a picture of Lawson. He walked toward the front entrance to find the guest services desk and what suite they were in. Robbins had to jog to catch up with him. As they reached the desk, a young woman was standing there and asked if they needed any help. They showed Lawson's picture to the woman, and her face blushed, as she nodded.

"He checked in with a young girl who he said was his wife. I had a report by a couple staying here that they saw her with scars on her arms and legs, some looking like they were left by restraints. I knew they were not together." She was wondering what kind of kinky things he was doing to that girl right now, and a smile came across her face.

"Hey!" Robbins yelled to snap her out of her daydream. "What room are they in, we need to see them right now."

"Are you cops? If not, I'd get into trouble." She answered.

Reynolds pulled out his FBI badge. "Does that tell you who we are?"

She pulled a card from a drawer handing it to the men saying, "Suite 514. Please don't kill him, he seemed nice."

Reynolds pulled out his phone calling Downey, informing her of the situation asking her to call for backup. Both exhaled and started climbing the stairs.

*************

"Senor' Tejada, we have located the gringo. Our contact in the FBI was correct." Antonio sounded proud on the phone to his boss of so many years. He wanted to be the head of the cartel, and knew Chavez was living dangerously, and he hoped deep inside he would get killed. He wanted better for himself and his lover Guadalupe.

"Bueno Antonio, I knew sending you would be fruitful. Bring him and the girl to me. I want him to watch as we kill her and her sister in front of him, then torture him until he can't scream anymore, begging for me to put a bullet in his head." Tejada started laughing, hanging the phone up, going back to the two young prostitutes in his bed.

Antonio loaded the clip into his .45. "Vamos al cabron!" The men climbed out of their vehicles, heading toward the back entrance.

**********

Mark and Kelsey were in separate rooms, both packed ready to leave, but were not wanting to make the first move to greet the other. Mark loaded both of his .40 caliber handguns, putting them in his shoulder holsters, and his newly acquired .357 revolver in his back holster. As he was sliding his jacket on, he heard a noise in the hallway. Being as quiet as he could, he walked over to the bedroom, opening the door.

Kelsey had been picking up her bag and was walking toward the entrance when she noticed Mark. He held his finger to his lips, as he pulled one of his .40 calibers out. She took out one of her Glocks as she walked toward him. Both aimed at the door as they heard the familiar sound of someone trying to put a keycard into the door. They both dropped their bags, as Mark ran over to the door looking out the peephole. He held up two fingers to her, as he hid behind the door. She hugged herself against the kitchen counter, crouched low, putting the gun in her holster and taking the retractable steel baton out of her boot...

The beep and lock mechanism told them someone had accessed their room. One, then another man walked in. Neither had their guns raised but were out of their holsters. They did not bother to close the door, never noticing Mark lightly pushing the door for easier access. When both men reached the kitchenette, Kelsey jumped the first man by hitting her mark, disarming him, as Mark took out the taller one. Kelsey was still wrestling with the first one, until Mark came to her aid and hit him in the jaw, knocking him out. He turned them over as Kelsey grabbed their gear. He knew Reynolds, but not the other. He didn't know if Reynolds worked for the cartel like Dawson. Instead of killing them, he took Reynolds' card out of his billfold, and they hurried over to the elevator.

About the time the doors opened, and they walked in, Tejada's men had reached the fifth floor. As the doors opened, Mark and Kelsey ran over to the desk, asking to check out. They threw their keycards on the desk and ran out toward their SUV. As they rounded the corner, Mark noticed the two cars parked next to his, with one-person standing being a lookout. He told her to do her thing, so she dropped her bag and walked over to the man, swinging her hips sexily at him.

This caused the young Latino man to stare at her and drop his guard as he walked toward her asking her what she wanted. He no sooner said those words when the back of his head exploded from a .40 caliber shell. Kelsey turned her head and glared at Mark as he grabbed both bags and ran over to her. They threw their things in the back seat and drove off, as fast as they could. While they turned out of the lot onto the main street, police officers were pulling in with lights and sirens, ignoring the couple driving away.

As they headed for the north, destination unknown, both were very stoic, with Mark driving and Kelsey looking out the window. For two hours they stayed on two lane blacktop roads with the GPS helping them along the way. As they entered the city in front of them, Kelsey noticed it said they were in Montgomery Alabama. She looked over at him wanting to ask where they were heading too, deciding not as she looked back out of the side window.

Mark noticed her movements and looked her way as she had turned her head. "Heading north to Chicago Kelsey."

She whirled her head around as fast as she could. "Dropping me off?"

He did not find it amusing, "You can leave anytime you want. I'm not forcing you to stay with me."

She hit him in the arm as hard as she could. He winced at the sudden pain. "You dumbfuck, I don't want to leave."

He looked over at her, driving with one hand as the other rubbed where she hit him. "After last night and this morning, maybe it would be best. I don't want any confusion about what I am doing here."

She looked back out the windshield, "No confusion here. I will just sit here and be quiet, and not ask any questions. Only thing I am requesting is not Chicago unless we have too."

He jumped onto I-65 heading north ignoring her last request, as she leaned forward turning on music. It was something that she never heard, but she knew it made Mark cringe. He was more classic rock or country. This was a hard metal station, so it gave her no satisfaction when he never flinched.

*****************

Reynolds held a cold pack to the back of his head, while Robins was getting a cut on his arm tended to. His phone started ringing, as he looked at who was calling, he cringed. "FBI Agent Reynolds speaking."

"You are going to be in so much trouble Morris. Why are you in Florida with him? Don't you know he is out of his jurisdiction and so are you. We are supposed to call the authorities when we cross state lines.!" He knew ASA Downey most likely had been chewed out already, now it was his turn. Special Agent in charge Jack Simmons was nobody to mess with. After thirty years as an FBI agent, he was well known across the country and was considered one of the front runners for assistant director.

Reynolds walked away so he was out of earshot of the emergency workers. "Sir, I realize the predicament we have put the agency in, but I can assure you it was for good reason."

Simmons answered quickly and loudly, "I would love to hear your good reason agent."