Tank's Revenge Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The evening he went to her house and picked her up and made it to The Grille around 7:45. They walked in and sat at a table looking around at the people enjoying their food. "Maybe it wasn't for me."

She just smiled, "I don't think you have anything to worry about." They ordered drinks and talked among themselves as Reynolds nervously looked at his watch periodically. By the time their food had come, it was ten minutes after eight, so he became more relaxed as they started their dinner.

An older man walked over to the table, "Excuse me, are you Morris Reynolds?"

"Yes, I am, who are you?"

"All in due time I assure you, may I sit with you?" Reynolds gestured toward the empty chair on the other side of him, trying to protect Downey as much as possible. "I see the suspicion in your eyes, and the confusion Agent. I assure we are on the same side of things."

Reynolds stared at the man trying to size him up, "You have an advantage over me, you know who I am. I want to know how you know, and what you want."

The man looked at Downey and smiled. "He's a straight shooter, I like that." The confused agent looked over at his girlfriend, giving her the standard 'what the hell' look. "Morris, my name is Alex Johnson and I work for a division of Homeland Security."

Reynolds relaxed, but was still quite confused. "Ok, I have the who, but why and what is still unanswered."

"Patience agent. Homeland has picked up some chatter across the wire about cartel business in the United States. We have always had some form of cartel doing coming across the border, but in the past four years it has quadrupled. Homeland and the Border Patrol have tried to combat this, but every time we hit a location, it seems the cartel knew our moves beforehand. We know we have leaks internally as well as in other agencies. Therefore, I reached out to Maria, and she said you would be a great asset as well."

Maria looked down at the table, feeling like she had betrayed the one man she had let into her life. "What I don't understand is what does this have to do with me? Even if I wanted to help you, no way Simmons would let me. He is breathing down my neck and doesn't trust me."

Alex chuckled, "He is one of our suspects Morris. It is people like him that have infiltrated the government and law enforcement across this nation that have given the good guys a black eye. The public doesn't trust us, and I don't blame them." Reynolds nodded his head in agreement to Alex's words, but was still skeptical about the man. "The President himself has asked the director and me to keep this project so hush that if we get caught, we will be denied a connection to the United States government."

"What is the project? Why are you approaching me, or Downey for that matter?"

"Easy," said Alex, "you both are witnesses to the corruption of the agency you work for. I want you both to work for Homeland on this project. We are planning on infiltrating agencies, local governments, and law enforcement around the country to weed out the dirty filth and make this country great again."*(NO pun intended)*

Downey spoke to Reynolds, as she held his hand. "Morris, this is an opportunity to do what is right. We both want good agents, and know there are bad ones, just like your ex-partner. We can make a change."

Reynolds looked back and forth from Downey to Alex, "Would I have to quit the agency?"

Alex shook his head no. "No, in fact I want you to get as much intel as you can on Simmons, and anyone else who might be dirty. Eventually you would have to resign and become a full member of the team."

"May I think about this? It seems like you are only telling me half the story."

Alex nodded his head, "I can't tell you everything until you are fully on board. This has to remain top secret until the end."

Maria Downey looked at Reynolds, "I put my resignation in this morning, and joined the team this morning. I would love to work with you again Morris."

Reynolds was taken back to Maria's confession. He stood and laid some enough money to cover the tab along with a healthy tip. "I need to sleep on this. I hope you both can understand."

Alex smiled, "Yes, I completely understand. Let Maria know, and she can fill you in more. I have another appointment I must keep before I fly to Washington. I hope you take my offer agent; you are exactly what we need."

"Thank you, sir," Reynolds kissed Maria on her cheek, and nodded at the old man and left the restaurant.

*********

About thirty minutes later a familiar face walked into the restaurant and sat beside Maria Downey. He noticed the older man, but his attention was on Maria. "Where's the Big Fella?"

"He left a few minutes ago Bobby. I'd like to introduce you to Alex Johnson; he is with Homeland Security."

Robbins turned slightly in his chair, as the two men shook hands. "Nice to meet you sir."

"Just Alex, it makes me feel old when I'm called sir." They both laughed which meant there was little to no tension yet, unlike his previous meeting. "I am the one that wanted to see you, sorry about the slight deception."

Robbins looked at Maria, "OK, but what does Homeland want with a former Dallas detective?"

Alex raised one of his eyebrows, "It seems you have a particular skill that Homeland is interested in." He shook his head, "What I mean is I am interested in your skill set."

Maria joined in the conversation, unlike when they talked to Reynolds. "Bobby, Alex is leading a project, codenamed Aplomado. It is a specialized unit that will infiltrate all types of government, law enforcement and federal agencies to weed out the corruption. It is exactly what we have been talking about the past few weeks."

He looked back and forth, "What about Lawson? Are you giving up on him? I had him in our sights Maria." Reynolds said in a desperate pleading tone.

Alex spoke up before Maria could say anything. "As far as former agent Lawson, he is dead. For the vigilante that has caused chaos to the Tejada cartel, we do nothing except observe from afar."

"He is breaking the law you know!"

"Yes, he is, but so are thousands of people who have sworn to police and protect the citizens of the United States. He hasn't hurt any lawful citizens, and he hasn't been on such a rampage that he is on a national fugitive hunt. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised that the cartel catches up to him before you do. They have more eyes and ears than we do."

Robbins was defeated, he knew what was being said was true. Part of him wanted to join forces with the vigilante, and the other wanted to put him behind bars. "Tell me where I sign."

***********

December 4th, 2018

Mark and Kelsey had slept together for two nights with no issues, except some embarrassing morning wood on Mark's part. He noticed she was always close to him with her hand holding his, or on his chest. It also had been the best night's rest he had since his wife's death. His nightmares slowed and he had happier dreams, mostly of him and his wife when they first met, hence the morning wood.

Waking up this morning was like all the other mornings, except Kelsey was practically lying on top of him. Her leg was thrown over his hip and thigh with her knee right on his erection. Her cheek was on his shoulder and her hand on his lower torso. It reminded him of Maria as she always loved to play with the patch of hair below his navel.

He tried to move, but she would make noises as to protest and grab him pulling closer. Sighing, Mark felt his arm that she was lying on was free. He laid his hand on her shoulder and snuggled into her more. He could have sworn she smiled and let out a slight moan as he did this. Was she awake and was she doing this all on purpose? Lying there for about fifteen minutes with his eyes closed, he never felt her move. He started to fall back to sleep, this time both holding on to each other like old lovers, or best friends.

*********

Alex received the text from Maria that Morris Reynolds would be on board. He was ecstatic to hear this news. This project was something he had wanted for a while. What he couldn't tell any of his recruits was he no longer was a part of Homeland Security. He too was in fact let go from the agency because he came too close to uncover a dirty agent. He remembered meeting with the President of the United States afterwards.

The POTUS told him in no certain words that the whole country needed a wakeup call and be put on notice. He wanted everyone in power to know that they were not untouchable. He believed in this President due to all the scrutiny he had received even before he announced he was running for office. He was just a Senator and when he announced, the polls showed he would win by a landslide, which he did winning 35 of 50 states. He was an Independent, the first of his kind in office, and Alex was proud to be on his side.

The first thing on his agenda would be to take down the agencies in Texas where the border was compromised daily. He would have access to all DEA and Custom files, so tracking some inconsistencies shouldn't be an issue to find. He needed a good IT tech, and some other positions to fill, but he was well on his way to open the secret agency. They didn't have a name yet, but that would come with time.

*********

December 8th, 2018

"Mark, I'm so sorry it took me so long. The upgrades to your SUV and the documents took longer than I thought. I hope everything is ok."

Mark nodded his head as he reached into his pocket, pulling out a wad of cash. He handed the bills over to Scott as he said, "Scotty if I know you, it was probably because it didn't seem perfect enough for you."

Scott just shook his head as he counted the money. "Not sure how you can read my mind, but yeah I had to tweak a few things to get them right." Scott walked them over to the SUV, "You have sleeping quarters now. The middle and third row seats can both be laid flat, and I put an extra cushion in the seats to be more comfortable when you sleep. I upgraded the computer, and it is now linked to the Homeland Securities satellite."

Scott just looked at Mark and put his finger up to his lips. He then walked them over to the backside of the SUV, opening the tailgate. He pressed a button to the left, and the third-row seat flipped exposing empty cargo space. In the space were some of the weapons Mark had in the SUV already, but now was equipped with a couple of M72 LAW rocket launchers.

Mark seemed giddy, "I always wanted one of those, thanks Scotty." Kelsey just looked past the men, taking in the new upgrades to his already stylish fortress on wheels.

Scott closed the tailgate and motioned Mark to follow him. With both Kelsey and Mark in tow, he walked to his car, opening the passenger side door, and took out some files. He handed one to Mark, and one to Kelsey. 'These are your new identities, and new documents for your vehicle. I have new credit cards, and such also in the packs." Mark looked more relaxed now, as did Kelsey. "A couple of other things I need to tell you. There are different license plates in the vehicle all registered in the states that you have identities in. The last thing is, and don't kill me because it was Lorrie's idea, but your last names are identical in each state."

Kelsey looked up at Scott, then Mark. She could tell that Mark wasn't thrilled, but also didn't want to show any disrespect to Scott or his wife. Kelsey decided to speak for them both. "Thank you, Scott, for all you've done. I hope to meet your wife someday."

"Thanks Kelsey, I think she would like that as well. Mark be careful out there. I know I am just a computer geek to you, but I watch the news. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what's going on. If you need me for anything else, don't hesitate to call me." He stuck his hand out to Mark and waited until he took it, giving him a hearty handshake.

"Kelsey, let's load the truck, we have someplace to be tomorrow."

"Hey, wait just a minute." Scott ran up to both. "I've been working on something for you. It should be done around the new year. Give me a call and I'll let you know when to pick it up."

Mark gave him a confused look. "How much is it going to cost me Scotty?"

Scott grinned and ran his hands through his hair. "I received a gift from a nice lady, and she wanted me to make this happen, so for you, it is free of course."

"Hmmmm," Mark growled, while Kelsey said thanks to Scotty. As the smaller man walked away, Mark looked at the red-haired girl. "I don't like surprises, remember that."

********

December 18th, 2018

Washington D.C.

Alex Johnson sat across from President Conklin. As the President read over the files that were presented to him, Alex was tapping his fingers on the arm of the chair. This isn't the first time the President and he had talked in person, but this was the first time he was in the oval office. He looked around the structure and was in awe of the history of the position that was represented in just one room.

"Alex, I am so glad you are working quickly to form a team. Although, we talked about the person I think would be the most important park, and I see you have been unable to make contact."

"Mr. President, I assure you I am doing everything I can to reach out, but he is a ghost. He has not reached out to any of his former colleagues or friends. I have one of our new team members who had been following him for some time trying to track him, but with no results."

The President looked at the man across from him. "I understand this is going to be a difficult task. I don't want to reach out to anyone in DOD, or any other agency for that matter on this."

He clasped his hands together as he pondered for a moment. "Have you tried people he might be in contact with from his school days."

Alex did not answer quickly, "Well... Mr. President, we really don't know anything about him before joining the military. We went to the address he had listed on his enrollment and it didn't exist."

"Alex, I still talk to a very good friend from my high school days, it isn't unheard of. Dig deeper and look at all the trails you can find. He will pop up on your radar soon enough. Remember even ghosts don't hide forever."

********

December 20th, 2018

El Paso TX

Mark laid on the queen side bed holding on to Kelsey as they slept. They had been doing this since Oklahoma City, and Mark had been feeling more rested. He hated the feelings he was having toward her, as he thought he was betraying Maria and her memory. He was afraid of forgetting her, and what they had together.

Kelsey had been feeling better about how things were going between Mark and herself. He still hadn't opened himself to her, but she could tell the shell was cracking, even if it was a micro small one at that. She felt comfort, protection, and even a kind of love that she had with her family in his arms. If she could not have him as a lover, she would be fine with it, but she never wanted him to leave her.

They had been in El Paso for several days waiting for Justin to arrive. They were to cross the border and pay a visit to the cartel to cause more chaos. The thing was Justin's arrival had already been a date later than expected. He also had not returned any calls or texts from Mark in two days. The man who Kelsey thought never feared, was nervous about his teammate. She had been nervous as well, because the plans they had would need Justin and his expertise.

What Kelsey had not known was Mark had found her sister's location. She was still being held captive just across the border. Ironically, it was at the same warehouse they had raided before where they found Kelsey. He knew if he told Kelsey, she would act on emotion and not logic.

The phone ringing on the nightstand woke them out of their slumber, as Mark reached for the phone. Hoping it was Justin, both were awake in no time. Mark answers and doesn't show any emotion as he listens to the voice on the other line.

'You are a hard man to get in contact with.'

Mark shushed Kelsey as she was going to ask who was on the other line. "Who are you looking for, and maybe I can tell you if you have the right number."

'Mr. Lawson, I am not a fool. I intercepted your call to your friend Justin. He is here with me and I would like to arrange a meeting.'

"Is this a hostage thing? If so, you definitely have the wrong number."

Laughter came from the other line as the caller began to talk. 'It's not a hostage situation, and I'm not the bad guy. I want to meet with you because I am interested in helping you on your mission.'

Mark looked over at Kelsey for a second, then stood and walked over to the window looking out across the parking lot. "Since you know who I am, who are you? Also, what do you know of a mission?"

'My name is unimportant right now. Meet me at the restaurant El' Amigos in a half hour. I will be with a tall dark gentleman. Your friend will be there as well, so don't fear us, until you know what we want.'

Mark hung the phone up and stood there just staring out the window. Kelsey came up behind him and put her hands on his shoulders. "Everything ok Mark?"

As he turned, she kept her hands on his shoulders, almost bringing them into an embrace. Mark looked down into her eyes, seeing the concern in her face. "Yeah, I just have to meet up with Justin. I'll be back, but if I don't return or call you within an hour, leave this place and go as far as you can."

He walked away from her, leaving the keys to the SUV and all but thirty dollars of the money behind. He put his .40 caliber in the back of his pants, lowering the shirt down over it, and walked out without saying anything else. Kelsey wasn't happy with the instructions he gave her, so she hurried as she dressed, and grabbed the keys and her own handgun, running down the stairs to follow where he went.

*********

Mark arrived at El' Amigos, standing outside noticing the windows were dark enough he could not see inside. Going in blind was something Mark hated to do, but as he opened the door, his other hand was on the handle of his gun. He looked around the place and found only two tables occupied. One had a family, the other two men, both looking at him. He recognized one of them and let go of his gun as he walked over. When he was about three feet from the table he stated, "Should have known you would be here Morris. You seem to be everywhere I am lately, usually too late though."

The other man gestured toward the seat across from them, "Please Mr. Lawson, have a seat, let's talk." Mark sat at the table, not taking his eyes off either of the men. Both were wearing t-shirts, and he didn't notice guns, but that never meant someone didn't have one pointing at him. "My name is Bobby Robbins, former detective of the Dallas Major Crimes unit. We are not here to jam you up, so please relax."

"If you want me to relax, where's Justin?" Mark asked.

Reynolds made a gesture with his head behind Mark, "Looks like he's coming back from the little boys' room."

Mark turned and found Justin walking over to the three men, not as a prisoner, but like he belonged with the two men before him. As Justin sat next to Mark, he asked, "Justin, what the hell is going on? I thought you were in trouble."

Instead of Justin answering, Robbins chimed in. "Mark, your old friend here," nodding toward Reynolds, "and I are part of a new team formed by the President himself. Our objective is classified, but if you will join us, we can fill you in."

Mark chuckled while he leaned back into the chair. The position he was in, he was able to watch the entire room, while he chatted. "Is this true Morris?" Reynolds nodded his head. "You too Justin?"

"Not if you aren't Mark. I'm with you, and that's exactly what I told these guys."

"Look Mark, I was skeptical about this as much as I am sure you are." Reynolds spoke almost in a hush voice so they could only be heard, as another couple came into the room to be seated. "As soon as I joined though, my eyes were opened, and now I want to be doing exactly what you are, but legally."