Taste of Temptation

Story Info
Max gets more than he bargained for with his hot new nanny.
11k words
4.75
38.2k
102

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 04/11/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Jesus," Max muttered under his breath, eyes wide, his hand clenching the doorknob as he checked out the hottie at his door. The second he heard the knock on his apartment door, he knew it had to be one of the four nannies he was interviewing today, but never in his wildest dreams did he ever expect to find such an absolute smokeshow standing on the other side.

Tall, leggy, lean and with a face like an angel, in a little summery pale blue sundress that perfectly hugged her rocking body, long white-blonde hair shimmering around her shoulders, big blue eyes and what had to be the prettiest smile he'd ever seen. No way in hell could ever hire someone that looked like her - at least not without losing his mind.

He turned his head when he heard his three year old daughter sweetly murmur to her from behind him, "Hello."

Thea felt her heart melt at the first sight of the adorable little blonde haired, blue-eyed cherub. Instantly bending down to talk to her on her level, she said, "Hello. Aren't you precious? And what's your name?"

Chloe smiled up at her dad. "I'm Chloe, and we're making pancakes, you want some?"

As Thea looked over at the father, his black t-shirt and jeans dusted with what she now realized was flour, she wondered how on earth she'd ever be able to work for a man who looked as hot as he did. Jaw-droppingly handsome with perfectly styled thick dark hair, teasing smoky gray eyes, strong dark shadowy jaw - and a body that was already making her sweat - wow. And with muscles to spare, judging from his biceps bulging enticingly from his T-shirt, and mouth-watering washboard abs, too. She knew she'd never seen a better looking man in her life, even just in body-hugging jeans. And she couldn't believe how every last inch of her was going all tingly, just from looking at him.

Finally remembering his manners, Max stepped away from the door and said, "Won't you come in?"

Once inside, Thea's gaze flitted around his gorgeous apartment. And she smiled noticing a doll sitting in a place of honor in a red wing back chair in the tidy living room. Then she grinned at Max as she reached out and impulsively brushed a bit of flour off the end of his nose with her fingertip, telling him, "You have a touch of flour there."

Swallowing hard just from the feel of hand, Max nodded, deciding he'd have to try and find a way to let her down as nicely as he could. With a name like Thea Nilsson, for some reason he imagined she'd be a little on the round side and middle-aged with a big purse tucked under her ample breasts and a tight little gray-streaked bun sitting on top of her head. But he sure as hell never dreamed of finding someone that looked like her standing there - gorgeous enough to model, he'd sure as hell be happy to buy whatever she was selling. Unfortunately, he could already tell that she just wasn't nanny material - way too pretty and even worse, way too tempting - and much too young to want to have around. So, as much as he hated to, he'd have let her down easy and send her on her away.

Then when he noticed her offering her hand to introduce herself, explaining to him, "I'm Thea Nilsson, the agency sent me," he wanted to smack his head. What was wrong with him? Running his own security agency, he dealt with people every day. And yet he was too stunned from checking her out to even remember to go through the niceties of telling her who he was.

Enveloping her soft little hand in his, he said, "Nice to meet you, Thea. I'm Max West and this is my daughter Chloe, who just turned three and a half yesterday, right Chloe?"

The little girl smiled up at her, rocking on her heels as she proudly told her, "Yes. And my grandma says I'm getting to be a big girl now."

Watching the way the man's eyes warmed as he smiled down at his daughter, like she was his entire world, almost had Thea tearing up. She knew from the agency he'd hired to find her that his wife had passed away and he was looking for some help caring for his little girl, so he could get back into the swing at things at work. But she honestly had never seen a man who appeared more devoted to his child.

Chloe tugged impatiently on her father's hand, telling, him, "Come on, Daddy, we have to make some pancakes for Thea now, too. And we still have to heat the pan up, to cook 'em remember?"

Smiling into Thea's eyes as he let his little daughter lead him back into the kitchen, Max mentioned to Thea, "I noticed, you come very highly recommended."

Thea nodded as she walked with them. "Yes. I just worked for the Argentinian ambassador's family, and their three adorable little boys. Though they really wanted to keep me, unfortunately the father got a new posting, and I decided not to follow them to Kenya, since I'm also trying to pursue my Master's degree in my spare time here."

"Oh, really, and what are you studying?"

She grinned at Chloe as she told him, "Child Studies. I've always loved children, and I think it's my calling to work with them."

Max nodded, looking impressed. Brains and beauty, a pretty lethal combo, and especially with a body that could make a grown man weep. Still, having a gorgeous young thing like her around every day could only lead to disaster. A little too tempting to resist, unfortunately he knew he'd have to turn her down no matter how qualified she was.

Once they got into his beautiful state of the art white and gray granite countered kitchen, Thea wrinkled her nose at the mess on the centre island. The stove top, counter and even the floor were dripping with batter and dusted with flour, and it looked like every cooking implement he owned was sitting on the countertop, covered in bits of dried goo. Without even asking, she walked over and opened a few cupboards until she spied a cookie sheet. Taking it over to the counter, she quickly cleared away the clutter and then got some paper towel, wet it at the sink and wiped down the stove, counter top and splotches on the floor, until everything was nice and clean. And Max just stood and blinked, shocked at how quickly she'd stepped in and cleared it all up -and without even having to be asked.

Though he wasn't much of a cook, whenever his daughter wanted to work in the kitchen, he couldn't find it in him to refuse her. Impressed, he looked over at the Thea, washing her hands at the sink. "Wow. That was fast."

Thea grinned at him over her shoulder. "My mother taught me from an early age to always clean as I go. So whenever I see a mess, I just clean it."

Then, standing back at the counter, biting into her lip, Thea looked suspiciously into the bowl of lumpy batter, with big chunks of gooey looking flour floating on the top, sceptically asking him, "Have you tried to make anything with this yet?"

"No," Chloe answered, shaking her head, explaining to her, "Daddy said it doesn't look right, and it's kind of gross. So we might have to throw it out and try to make it again."

Both of them grinning at Chloe's serious expression, Thea suggested, "Well, I could make you some fresh batter if you'd like. In Sweden, where I come from, everyone loves pancakes. And I've been making them since I was little." Then she smiled down at the girl. "And you could help, too, if you'd like, Chloe."

Chloe smiled from ear to ear as Thea gently hoisted her onto the counter and then got a clean bowl out of the cupboard and started measuring everything they'd need inside. Explaining to the girl what they were doing as they worked together, getting her to count each ingredient and letting her dump everything inside the big earthenware bowl, making her feel useful. And finally after helping Chloe to mix it all together with a big wooden spoon, the batter was ready.

As Max watched Thea patiently work with his daughter, he had to admit she was amazing. If he didn't know she'd just walked in, he'd think they'd had her in their lives forever. "So what can I do to help?" he finally asked her, when he came out of his stupor.

Thea smiled over at him and suggested, "Guess you could set the table for us."

As he set the plates and flatware down on the glass-topped table, Max started to realize that he might as well just call the agency and let them know that he'd found his nanny, whether it was a good idea to hire her or not.

And when he glanced over and saw her tucking a lock of Chloe's soft blonde hair behind her ear as she gently cupped her face in her hands, smiling into her eyes, it pretty much clinched it. And just the way his daughter was smiling back up at her so adoringly, he knew he had no choice but to give her a chance. Already he could tell she'd fit right in, and that Chloe would love her to bits. Now all he had to do was remember, no matter how hot she looked, that she was strictly off limits and that he was not going to get wrapped up in her, too.

Now if only he could convince his traitorous body that that was the plan.

And no surprise, the pancakes she made were to die for. Light as air, tender and delectable, he'd be happy to hire her for her cooking skills alone, as he quietly moaned over every bite. Already Max could tell with the way that Chloe was happily smiling up at her, wrinkling her little nose as she happily munched away, as Thea smiled right back, that she was just what his girl needed.

Though he was sure that her mother had loved her in her own way, she'd never really been much of maternal figure for their daughter. Too interested in enjoying herself, he'd had to take on the lion's share of caring for her, pretty much from the day she was born. Over the last three and half years he'd nursed her through colic, teething, scraped knees and sniffles, while his wife had literally been out partying her life away.

Already, just looking at her, he had a feeling that Thea wouldn't be much of a partier, and would probably be a pretty selflessly devoted care giver, which was exactly what he was looking for. And of course he knew his daughter could really use a woman's influence in her life. Lord knew his meddling mother-in-law had told him often enough, that although he was a good father, a young girl beginning to grow up needed a mother figure, too. Now he just hoped that no one would assume that he'd hired her looks alone. Because wow, as he sipped at his coffee, studying her over the rim of his cup, he knew he'd never get tired of looking at her, she was just so utterly stunning.

Just then she looked up and smiled into his eyes, and he really had to fight not to groan. Under different circumstances, he'd probably make a play for her. But considering the fact she was here for the sole purpose of caring for his child, he'd just have to try and pretend that she wasn't the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen, and that just looking into the teasing glint in her eyes wasn't already starting to make him grow hard.

Curious, he finally asked, "Do mind if I ask if I ask how old you are, Thea?"

She shrugged. "Of course not, I just turned twenty four a few weeks ago."

Max nodded. Well that was it. Even if he was interested, which he told himself again that he definitely wasn't; seeing as he was thirty-seven, obviously she was way too young for him. Which was yet another reason to keep the hell away from her.

And seeing as he had a dinner plans for later that night with lovely Natasha, who back in the day he used to date, who'd also made no secret of the fact that she'd more than happy to spend the night with him, he knew that he shouldn't be thinking of Thea at all. Finally ready to get back into the game, at least he knew he'd be getting some relief later. Too confused, hurt, angry and overwhelmed to even think about dating after Tabitha had wound up dead in a car wreck almost a year ago, at only thirty, he'd recently decided that he needed some time for himself. And his balls would sure as hell thank him, seeing as they hadn't seen any action for well over a year since his wife had completely moved on once she'd taken a new lover.

His gaze lit on his daughter, making him smile. Considering that Chloe was the best thing that ever happened to him, he couldn't be too angry with her mother. At least she'd left him with the best gift she could ever have bestowed upon him - his amazing little girl.

Noticing how quiet he'd gone, wondering what he was brooding about, Thea tipped her head, and asked, "Everything okay?"

Max nodded and told her, "Yeah." At least it would be, once she accepted the job, and he knew his daughter would be in good hands. And he'd finally get a chance to really get back to work, and go out tonight and get himself laid.

Patting her little hand on Thea's leg to get her attention, Chloe leaned close and asked her, "You wanna see my room, Thea?"

Thea smiled into her eyes and told her, "I'd love to see your room, Chloe. But I think first we should clear up the table, don't you? And if we work together we can get it done quickly, and then I'd love to take a look. So, why don't you take the napkins away and put them in the garbage, while I put the dishes in the dishwasher, and before you know it, it'll all be done."

Cloe nodded excitedly, hopped off her chair and quickly ran around the table gathering up the paper napkins. And when she got to her dad, she whispered to him, "I really like her, Daddy. Can we pleeease ask her to stay with us?"

Affectionately ruffling her curls, Max told her, "Yeah, I think we'll ask her to stay."

Chloe instantly squealed and ran over to Thea at the kitchen counter, excitedly telling her, "Yay! My daddy says you can stay with us, Thea."

Confused, Thea looked over at Max who just shrugged and told her, "My daughter seems to like you. So, if you'd be willing to try us out for a few weeks and see what you think, we'd love for you to come and help us out."

Thea smiled at both of them. "Good. I think I'll enjoy working here, especially with a little sweetie like you, Chloe," she told the girl, running her hand through her white-blonde curls as the little one smiled up at her, wiggling excitedly at the prospect.

Until now, between himself, his mother-in-law, his brother and his wife, they'd managed to take care of her okay, but he needed to get back to work. And he also knew that Chloe needed the stability of a full time caregiver, and not just a series of babysitters who filled in whenever they were needed. And it seemed like Thea was tailor made for a job like this; happy to pitch in without even being asked; and even better, sweet as could be with his daughter.

Once they were done in the kitchen, Chloe took Thea by the hand and led her down the hallway to her bedroom. And Thea's eyes lit up the moment she saw it. Bathed in early afternoon sunlight, the room was an absolute dream room for a girl her age. Clean and white with touches of pink and yellow, with a white canopied bed and white furniture, it was just so pretty. And Thea was glad to see the big comfy white and pink padded rocking chair in the corner, for when the child might like to be held or rocked to sleep if she ever fell ill.

Grinning from ear to ear, Chloe happily spun in a circle, telling her, "And this is my room, Thea. Do you like it?"

Thea nodded as she took it all in. "I sure do. You have a beautiful bedroom, Chloe."

Thea also noticed the book shelf, chock full of books and that there were lots of toys neatly put away in a big toy box. And there was a tiny table and chair set, in another corner of the room with a tea setting for the four stuffed animals sitting around it. "And this is Mr. Wiggles," Chloe told her, clutching a big white stuffed bunny off one of the chairs. "And he likes to sleep with me."

Thea nodded and looked at her watch, seeing as it was almost two in the afternoon, she asked her, "And do you think he'd like to take a nap with you now?"

Distastefully wrinkling her nose, Chloe whispered something into the bunny's ear and then seemed to listen for a response, before she told Thea, "No. He said he's not sleepy right now."

Noticing Max fighting back a smile, and rolling his eyes skyward at his daughter's ploy to get out of her taking a nap, Thea suggested, "Well, how about if we let Mr. Wiggles choose another friend to sleep with you, too, then?" She picked up a pink stuffed cat from another chair, suggesting, "Like this pretty one, here."

"Oh, that's Pinky Cat, and she sleeps with us sometimes, too," Chloe told her nodding her approval.

"Okay, then. Well, let's all get in the rocking chair, and I'll read you a story and we'll see if Mr. Wiggles gets tired enough to want to have a nap."

Chloe happily nodded, and with a stuffed animal tucked in each arm she let Thea pull them all into her lap where she nestled in close and listened to a story she'd chosen from a one of the books on the shelf. With Max leaning against the doorframe listening to Thea read to her, before long Chloe was yawning and Thea was handing her over to him so she could pull back the covers and tuck her into bed. And with a soft little kiss on her forehead from both Thea and her father, they quietly closed the door behind them as they left her smiling in dreamland with her two plush toys still tucked tightly in her arms.

Shaking his head, Max led the way down the hallway to his office, glad that he'd gotten to see Thea work her magic. Since Chloe had been resisting taking an afternoon nap lately, although she still needed it, with how she often conked-out over dinner, he was relieved to see that Thea knew how to get around her.

And once he closed his office door behind them, gesturing at the chair in front of his desk for Thea to take a seat, he went and sat in the big high-back chair behind his large black desk, strewn with paperwork. Opening her file, he glanced at it again as he said, "Well, as Chloe said, we'd both like it if you'd consider working as her caregiver, at least until we all get a chance to see how it'll work out. I'm not sure if you knew that Chloe lost her mother nearly a year ago in a car accident, so it's been a little difficult for us since then."

Thea nodded. "Yes, I was told that you'd lost your wife, and I was very sorry to hear it."

Max heaved a sigh, and after he'd studied her for a moment, he decided he might as well tell her the truth. "Well, to be honest, we were no longer together by the time she died. We'd grown apart and were finalizing our divorce when she went out partying one night, and got into a car with a guy who was way too drunk to be driving. Apparently he was speeding like a bat out of hell, lost control, hit a tree and they were both killed instantly."

Thea winced and said, "Oh, how sad."

"Yeah, it really was. Tabitha had only just turned thirty. But depending how you look at it, luckily for Chloe, her mother wasn't too involved in her life, since I've been the only one here for her, basically since the day she was born. So thankfully, Chloe hasn't asked for her much since she's been gone."

When Thea tipped her head, looking confused about what happened with her mother. Not even sure why he was telling her, he explained. "Tabitha's family are quite wealthy. And after a close friend of hers was kidnapped and held for ransom, since I own a personal security firm, they asked me to personally escort her to some of the events she had to attend. And eventually she made a play for me, one thing led to another, she got pregnant with Chloe and we ended up getting married. But we both knew from the start it was never really a match made in heaven. And Tabitha told me after Chloe was born that she couldn't imagine herself settling down and that being a wife or a mother wasn't really her thing. And once I realized she was seeing other men, we just kind of drifted apart. And I gave up on ever having anything with her, or trying to make our marriage work. Tabitha got a place of her own soon after Chloe was born. And she'd just come and visit her now and again, and bring her a few toys or some designer clothes to dress her up. So with how seldom she saw her mother, Chloe never got all that attached."