All Comments on 'Teed Off Ch. 02'

by jmmj5

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
Lots of fun!

Winning a major is one of the biggest fantasies most men have, right behind Kate Upton. I enjoyed this chapter a great deal.

corrytonmancorrytonmanover 4 years ago
I don't like golf...

but I loved your story! It could have been baseball or billiards or bingo, the game was a great character in a truly wonderful story. Thanks again for sharing, and I really hope there will be more chapters to come soon!

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 4 years ago
Great Story

Being an old golfer this chapter was a lot of fun for me. Bringing in gambling thugs was an interesting twist and you having the R&A take care of it is what I would have expected. 5*

justbobkcjustbobkcover 4 years ago
Nice fantasy.

Very well written.

My own ex-FIL was a true scratch golfer. He made enough money (on betting during matches) that he had several gentlemen willing to underwrite him for Q school and the Senior circuit.

But his wife wouldn't let him! He was self-taught playing daily for free on City of Atlanta Golf courses since he worked for the city in their transportation department. He was a foreman with a truck and crew and would only work them in the AM and he then played golf everyday after noon.

Eventually he had to "retire" and ended up as a semi truck driver OTR - and happy to be away from his wife while always having his golf clubs with him.

I used to play with him along with my teenage stepsons and his grandsons. He really was good but more importantly fun to play with. Never frustrated with my 90's game.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Chicken shit

Letting Janet show up and distract him was bs on their part

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Eh, quickly losing interest.........

enderlocke27enderlocke27about 4 years ago
15

or so years of mental torture, he is either exaggerating or u are. 15 years of mental torture makes ppl insane at the least very mentally ill. he isn't acting like he was tortured for 15 years

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 4 years ago

Maggie, maggie , maggie !!

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Maggie!!!

Gotta love those Big Boned, Voluptuous Red heads!!! I'm on Team Maggie!!!

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 4 years ago
Orgasmic fantasy for author

I hope. This is absurd

Decal_lastDecal_lastalmost 4 years ago

Having been a yank for four years in the UK I had the honor of playing both courses at Tunberry, and the main course at Gleneagles. The best though was being diverted (navigator in a Kc-135) into the base across the bay from St. Andrews. Woke early, saw my boss coming downstairs also. He suggested we take a stroll as the kitchen was just starting to cook. Our stroll was out about three of four holes and back including over the little bridge on 18 at St. Andrews. Did not get to play there but everything the author says about the weather is gospel truth. Loved this chapter.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Too

Too predictable.Also at the two English golf courses mentioned,you just cannot turn up and practice.

MwestohioMwestohioover 2 years ago

Great story. Lots of technical info which seems to be reasonable and very good tension with the graft element.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941about 2 years ago

Do not let the wanker would be writers reduce your passion, this is a great story well written and constructed deserving all the accolades you receive. 5 stars every day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great work so far, but with rain gear on how can he spot the t-shirts?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fabulous story! It would have been cool if during the post-game acknowledgements if he had lastly thanked his grandfather for forming him to play in bad weather. The Caddyshack reference was hilarious. Thanks for a very entertaining tale!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

A great sports tale with a bit of drama and the attempted fix of the game. Maggie or Edith? who knows?

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayalmost 2 years ago

Waaaaay too much golf for my taste but I knew that going in. Good story, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love the story! I was at St Andrews for the Open in '22 (very good weather so none of the challenges you have so well described), but I have really enjoyed the accuracy of the course that you have so skilfully weaved into the story. Thank you

nixroxnixrox9 months ago

5 stars - but it is STILL just golf.

NitpicNitpic5 months ago
If

If he shot par and only ten shot under par,he is tied at eleventh,not eighteenth.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

My 2nd time reading this series, enjoyable and rather calming as the 1st time. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This is my 3rd read and I am still amazed.

Your attention to detail screams personal experience! What a fortunate set of readers to see that world, which I'd never would have imagined, through your eyes!

Thank you 😊

fila4ufila4u2 months ago

love it! great read

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjmmj5@jmmj5
With a few exceptions, I tend to write longer stories, but that’s just my nature, I think. I’m going to try to tighten that up in the future. I know that means fewer people will read them, but I know that going in. Also, I tend to write what I know. I’ve spent a lot of time i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Teed Off Ch. 01 Previous Part
Teed Off Series Info