Tender Mercies

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What are you doing?" She asked, seeing the look of pain on his face.

"We need food," He explained, shaking his head to clear it and testing his arm on his wounded right side. "You can't hunt, so I must."

"But you're sick! Without rest you might die!" She stammered, standing beside him and helping him stay balanced.

"Aye," he admitted, closing his eyes for second, "without food we'll both die."

Alesha stood there watching helplessly as Nordan slowly bent to pick up his hammer then straighten and move away from their campsite. "What can I do?" She asked meekly, considering herself a failure.

"I'm not sure," he stared at her for a moment. "What can you do?"

Stung, Alesha stayed motionless. Nordan turned and half walked, half teetered into the woods. Once outside of the campsite and around some boulders, he shook his head to clear it again and straightened himself up a bit. Walking more normally, he set out to gather some game.

Alesha looked about the makeshift campsite, looking for some meaning behind it all. She tried to figure out what it was that she could do. She ground her teeth in frustration, tears coming to her eyes again. Had she the tools and technology she was accustomed to, it would be so simple for her. Penicillin, needle and thread, antibiotics, proper bandages, even hot water would have helped her treat Nordan's injury. Learning how to hunt instead of opposing the senseless killing of innocent animals while younger, taking more interest in useful skills instead of socializing and trying to be a prim and proper person.

"I can help."

Alesha's breath caught in her throat. She spun about quickly, her wet face and running nose forgotten. The source of the voice was a man dressed in a simple brown woven robe. While his robe was simple, nothing else about him seemed to be. Alesha could only think of him as beautiful. Brown wavy hair and a deep blue eyes, she felt an instinctive urge to trust him.

"Where did you come from?" She said, self consciously wiping her cheeks clean of tears.

He smiled, and Alesha was stricken again by how handsome the man was. "That's not important," he said, his voice a melody in her ears. "I heard you crying and came to investigate. Tell me what the problem is, child, and I will aid you if you simply ask it of me and accept my help."

Fear not holding her anymore, she opened her mouth and it all spewed out. Her sense of loss, her feelings of frustration and inadequacy, her uselessness, loneliness, and her history since come to Viconia. Whether the strange man understood all of it or not, he smiled and nodded encouragingly to her throughout. When at least she was finished, she again wiped the tears from her cheeks and blushed with embarrassment at unloading so much on a stranger.

"Please," she asked, "who are you?"

The man smiled encouragingly at her. "I roam the world looking for those to help further my cause, perhaps you are one of those people willing to do so?"

Alesha found herself nodding, knowing nothing bad could come from someone so beautiful.

"Good, then my child, I can help you with many of those things, perhaps all, though some must come from yourself, do you want me to do that?"

Alesha nodded again, entranced by him.

"Then all you must do is ask for it and accept it," He said, smiling again.

Alesha stared at him a moment, wondering at the strangeness of it all. A cool breeze blew through, reminding her of how much time had passed and how Nordan had not returned yet. "Please help us...me. Please help me."

His grin this time was one of triumph. "Place these roots and herbs on your friends wound, it will help him heal and fight the fever," the man handed her a small pouch that was full of roots and herbs she could not identify.

He then held out his arms and she instinctively approached him. Stepping within his arms, she let him hug her to him. He felt warm through his robes, making her realize she had forgotten how much chillier it was where they were. His hands pulled her face up to his from where she had buried it in his shoulder. His lips then touched her forehead, so hot they nearly burned her. She felt the warmth spread throughout her body. Certain she was imagining it, she found herself much calmer and more relaxed then she had been. She almost felt as though she had gained more awareness.

"Tell no one of our meeting," he cautioned her, stepping away from her. "I am a strange man and I like to be left alone in my travels. You are deep within the Periphery, and few men would come here that could be called good or noble."

Alesha nodded, accepting what he said. She noticed again how beautiful he was as he backed away from her. "Wait!" She said, "Is there nothing I can do for you? You have helped me, can I not take some of the loneliness away from you?" She took a step towards the man, moving with a fluidity and sensuousness she hadn't thought she possessed.

He smiled at her, "You are a quick learner, child, and you shall do well. I will visit you again in time, but for now look to your companion, he is an hours walk to the west, falling unconscious as we speak. Look for a stream that bends about a rock fashioned to look like a man's manhood, you will find him near there."

Alesha remained standing motionless. While not sexually experienced, no man had ever turned down what she offered whenever she had offered it before. She felt a sense of longing for him, but he turned and walked into the woods to the west.

She snapped out of her momentary daze and hastened to grab up the few belongings they had. She hurried to the west, following the man, but could find him nowhere. At a loss, she continued west, wondering how she was to find Nordan when she often had trouble finding her way to the outhouse.

After several minutes she looked about and wondered at how much clearer things looked. She could smell the sparse forest around her better, the colors seemed more vivid, and she even felt more in touch with what was going on around her. So much so that she was not surprised when she saw a wild turkey nearby drinking from a stream. Slowly and carefully, she drew her katana. Stealthily, she approached the turkey from behind. Over the babbling brook, it never heard her approach. Her cut was so swift that it never felt her blade bite through it's neck either.

Having found a stream, she continued to follow it west, the sun dipping dangerously low and making her think she was lost before she found the penis shaped rocks. Two small rocks indeed sat at the base of a longer one sticking into the air. Not only that, but the top of the rock seemed larger then the shaft of it. She blushed at the sight of it, and glanced around quickly. Braced against a tree and hidden behind a screen of brush, she found him.

"Nordan!" Alesha said softly, gently nudging him with her hand. He stirred and slowly opened his eyes. He stared at her for a moment before comprehension dawned on him.

He opened his mouth but she put her finger to his lips to keep him silent. Working quickly and efficiently, she put the contents of the pouch in a new bandage and applied it to his side, which had grown even more infected looking. It had began to stink as well, making her wonder if it wasn't to late.

She had him drink from some water she brought up from the stream cupped in her hands, then set about making a fire while he fell back asleep. Taking flint and steel from his pouch, she gathered some brush and for the first time in her life managed to start a fire without having a flame provided for her.

Taking a dagger from Nordan, she dressed and cleaned the turkey. Using a stick she found, washed, then dried and hardened over the fire, she impaled the turkey and made a spit. Wandering about a bit, she found various herbs and spices that she hadn't known about before. Using them on the turkey, she soon had dinner ready for them.

The smell of cooking meat finally woke Nordan up. Still weak, he was nevertheless ravenously hungry. Between the two of them, they ate the entire turkey, though the large barbarian had more then Alesha did. Soon afterward, he fell into a healing sleep. Alesha checked him again and found his fever reduced and even the swelling around his wound receding. Amazed, she let him sleep and took watch so that she could ponder the strange events of the day surrounding her.

Another thing that she soon found herself amazed by was the temperature. She knew beyond a doubt that it was growing cold again as night fully descended, yet she felt comfortably warm. She could also somehow identify the plants surrounding her without a problem, and she'd never been interested in gardening before. Even flowers never did much for her, for that matter!

As night deepened, the temperature lowered further. Alesha remained comfortable in spite of that, uncertain as to how she could feel so warm when she could see her breath in front of her face. She checked on Nordan and discovered that his fever had broken. He slept now to regain his energy, not to fight the infection. However, she could see how chilled his weakened body was.

Making a decision, Alesha laid down beside him, cuddling up against him and twining their bodies together so that she could hopefully share her warmth with him. Nordan clung to the warmth she provided, relaxing a bit in his sleep.

When they awoke in the morning it was still chilly out, but by sharing their body heat they had survived the cold. Alesha bit her lip, afraid to move but afraid to stay there, wrapped in Nordan's arms with her back to him. His breathing changed and she knew he was awake. Her worries were confirmed when his hand slid slowly down her arm to rub over her side and hip.

Nordan pulled his arm away then and cleared his throat. Alesha laid there, temporarily disappointed as he rolled away from her and stood up. She shook her head slightly and stood up as well, turning to face him.

Nordan took the bandage off of his side and stared at the wound in shock. A weeks worth of healing had taken place overnight. "How did you do this?" He asked her, staring at her in surprise.

Alesha blushed, but was unable to tear her gaze away from his. "I um... In my world I was learning to be a healer... They taught us how to do things like this there," She mumbled the last, knowing it was a lie but hoping he'd believe it.

"Is it magic?" Nordan asked, suspicious.

She shook her head quickly to allay his suspicions. "No, it's just what we learned to do. In my world there is no magic."

Nordan nodded slowly. "Sounds like a good world."

Alesha smiled at the memory then looked around her. "No, I think I prefer your world more, it's more clean and untouched."

Nordan grunted, his attention caught up again by her body. In spite of having seen her in the same or less every day for the past month, he was stricken again by her beauty. Shaking his head at the thoughts, he turned and worked at restarting the campfire.

"Why don't you look at me?" Alesha asked softly, stepping towards him.

Still gazing at the slowly growing flames, Nordan answered after a moment, "You are for Kelnozz, not for me."

Alesha pondered that for a moment, wondering if what he said made sense. Realizing it was of no concern, she said, "But Kelnozz is dead."

Nordan took a deep breath and looked up at the sky, as if searching for something. "No," He said, "he is still alive, I think he will outlive us all."

Alesha laid her hand tenderly on Nordan's shoulder, getting his attention. "Right now you and I are here, am I so ugly you don't want to look at me?"

Nordan turned around slowly, then stared into her eyes for a moment. Finding himself drawn to her, he crushed her to him and kissed her passionately. Their hands flew over one another, caressing, holding, stroking, and removing clothing.

They ended up on the ground, with Alesha reaching down to find Nordan's manhood. Stroking his already erect cock, she guided him towards her open legs. Never known to waist words, Nordan let her lead him into her wetness. Surprised at how ready she was for him, he was able to sink his entire barbaric girth into her with ease in spite of her tightness. He groaned happily as Alesha moaned in fulfillment.

As Nordan began thrusting into her, Alesha felt totally satisfied and content. Right then, at that moment, everything was perfect for her. She moaned and panted nonstop, her senses opening up to everything around her. She felt the energies of the elements surrounding her, infusing her. The air, the earth, the water, and the flames they had rekindled. Nordan lost himself inside of her clutching sex, grunting mindlessly as he pounded into her time and again. Nothing mattered except driving her to her climax and then filling her with his seed.

Alesha's cries of passion urged him on, as well as her legs wrapping around him and pulling him into her as deeply as possible. Having seen Nordan's cock, she was amazed she could take all of it as easily as she did. Thick and long, it nonetheless slid within her easily, setting up wonderful friction. With each thrust his pelvis ground against her slit, teasing her clit and making her gasp.

Soon Alesha found herself growing more excited then she had when Garet had mated with her. Her fingernails scratched at Nordan's back, raising welts and drawing blood. The pain drove Nordan crazy, making him pound against her furiously.

Alesha found herself reaching a plateau of pleasure. Everything around her took on a surreal cast, allowing her to see the aura surrounding the living things around her. She gasped in surprise at the beauty of it all. Nordan found himself on the edge, driven to thrust into her faster and harder. Alesha urged him on, begging him to fill her and never stop.

Nordan had no recourse but to meet her demands. Inhaling deeply, then letting out a loud grunt, he slammed his massive cock into her sopping pussy one final time, knocking the breath from her. Nordan shuddered as Alesha's quim massaged and sucked at his exploding manhood. The seed rushed from him in powerful spurts that made him gasp in pleasure and pain. Alesha gritted her teeth to keep from screaming as her climax overtook her.

After several post-coital thrusts, Nordan stared down at her with a strange look in his eyes. Alesha finally opened her eyes, a look of peace and happiness on her face, and stared back at him.

"What's wrong?" She asked softly, her hand coming up to rest on his cheek.

"Just wondering what will happen when we find Kelnozz," Nordan said.

Alesha smiled and used her muscles to tease Nordan's spear that impaled her. Nordan groaned at the sensation. "What ever happens, happens," she explained grinding herself slowly up against him. "This was my way of saying thank you for all the help you've given me. I don't want you to think this means anything beyond how much I appreciate your companionship."

Nordan nodded, both grateful to hear that and a bit disappointed. He pulled himself back from her then, sliding out of her clutching sex reluctantly.

"I hope to show you my thanks many more times as well," Alesha said, taking his limp cock and licking up and down it before sucking it into her mouth to clean their juices off of it.

Nordan grinned and when she released him, returned to stoking the campfire with fresh deadwood. Once it was blazing away, he pulled his breeches back on and picked up his hammer. "I'm going to find some breakfast," he said, staring at her nude body laying in the sun with latent lust.

Alesha winked at him and smiled. "Can you leave me your sharpest dagger?"

Nordan shrugged and pulled a dagger free from his boot. He handed it to her and then walked off into the surrounding wilderness to find something to eat.

Alesha took his dagger and moved to the cool stream. She waded into it then sat down on a rock just under the surface of the water. She could feel the texture of the water, and it felt delicious on her skin, but she remained comfortably warm in spite of it. Shrugging, she used the edge of the dirk to scrape away at the hair that had grown on her since she had entered Viconia. Unable to find an appropriate blade, and more concerned with other things, she had let her body hair return. Realizing how disgusting she felt with it, she endured the razor burn as she shaved away all of the hair under her arms, on her legs, and surrounding her recently deflowered pussy.

As the flowing water of the stream washed over her and cleaned her out, her sexual high began to abate. She started wondering what it was that had come over her. Always afraid of Nordan, she had been certain to avoid letting anything of that sort happen before. Sure, she found him attractive, he was quite possibly the largest and most powerful man she had ever seen. Incredibly muscular, she had no doubt he could have easily defeated any of the men she had known in her life in tests of strength. But that strength also scared her.

Not only that, but she had even cleaned him off after he had finished fucking her! She was amazed at her audacity in doing that. She had given guys blow jobs before, that was nothing new to her, but she had only tasted herself a couple of times. It was wrong to do that, a crime against nature! Secretly she had always reveled in it, and she knew that, but she refused to accept it.

Outside of her alarming sexual behavior, she was confused about the other changes coming over her. Being able to identify and use the plants around her, sneaking up on the wild turkey from the night before, seeing and feeling the things she had felt. It was all so much for her to become accustomed to. And she knew that the strange man from the day before was responsible for it. It scared her and at the same time it made her feel more comfortable. For once she felt like she was not helpless and lost in this strange new world.

Nordan returned with a rabbit, already skinned and cleaned. He stared at her for a moment as she rose from the water, glistening and wet. Alesha had to suppress the urge to seduce him again as he looked at her, and she sat on a rock while Nordan cooked the rabbit. By the time they had finished cooking and eating the rabbit in silence, Alesha had dried off enough to put her loin cloth and belt back on.

"How do you know Kelnozz is still alive?" She asked Nordan at last.

Nordan kicked dirt over the fire and pondered the question. "Not sure, I just don't think he is dead."

Alesha nodded and wondered herself. "How do we find him then?" She asked.

Nordan finished burying the fire then looked at her. "You are the one full of surprises lately, why don't you tell me?"

Alesha could see there was no malice in him, but some suspicion and uncertainty. She sighed deeply and wondered if perhaps she did know something. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Thinking of Kelnozz, she pictured him in her mind and slowly turned. At first there was nothing, but as she turned she began to feel a pulling.

"He lies that way," She said, opening her eyes and pointing forward. She was pointing to the Northeast.

"How?" Nordan asked, glancing to the Northeast then looking back at her.

Alesha shrugged. "I don't know, Nordan. I honestly don't know."

Still eyeing her suspiciously, Nordan turned to the direction she had pointed and began walking that way.

"Wait!" Alesha called out, running up to him and grabbing his arm. He turned to face her, his face unreadable. "Yesterday, when you left, a man found me and came to me."

Nordan's eyes widened as the tale spilled out of what had happened. She finished it by saying, "He was a beautiful man, Nordan! Simple and dressed like a monk or a woodsman, but so handsome he didn't even seem human!"

Nordan nodded his head then. "Methinks you have met Carson, God of Nature."

Alesha's jaw dropped and her hands flew to her open mouth. "You mean... a God? They can do that?"

1...678910...43