All Comments on 'Tenderness Ch. 01'

by Cruel2BKind

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
lexvenelexvenealmost 13 years ago
love it

always a fan of ur stories $m d beginnin cnt w8 2 c wher this goes

CassieJoCassieJoalmost 13 years ago
Yay.

Very cute. Not sure there is much else to say. :)

Love Always,

CassieJo <3

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
nice start

theres been a few gay romances lately that start with one of the leads in hospital, but yours is by far one of the best...not too sappy and only tears when needed! I look forward to reading the rest of the story :)

nomoretears00nomoretears00almost 13 years ago
Oh me...

you're off to another wonderful, and gut wrentching, start LOL! You always trigger such strong emotions with your stories. And I really, really hope you nail that dude to the wall later ;)

Great chapter!

Aftermath82Aftermath82almost 13 years ago
I hope

That they 'll find the man who did that to Aaron. Poor Aaron.. More please, I am so thrilled when I see u have a new story :)

WolfGirl102WolfGirl102almost 13 years ago
(:

This is really good, I'm interested to read more. (:

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 13 years ago

I agree with Aftermath, have been waiting for a new story. I am so mad at that animal, that I hope that they get him soon. Can't wait to read the next chapter...

Cruel2BKindCruel2BKindalmost 13 years agoAuthor
Um...

I am very sorry to disappoint, but more often then not, the rapist is never caught.

In crime shows like Bones and CSI (both guilty pleasures for me) it always shows DNA testing as a quick and surefire thing, but in run-of-the mill crime cases that don't involve murder or federal criminals, it can be months before any samples reach and underfunded Government lab.

Even without DNA samples being a factor, many rapes, especially male rapes are never reported, so it is impossible to know how many are truly being victimized. In a case where the attacker's name is not known, police sketches are notoriously inaccurate and human beings are inaccurate as well.

I know this rather personally, a close family member of mine was assaulted and molested when she was fourteen years old on her way home from school. She did call the police, but all she could really tell them about the attacker was that he had red hair and was overweight. The police officers were even rude and callous toward her when she was very frightened and traumatized.

With a mixture of human error and misinformation, the rapist is almost never caught, and if caught, court cases can drag and attackers can be bailed out. One of my friends was raped by her mother's boyfriend and now lives with adopted parents. Six months worth of appeals trying to get this monster back in jail and he still lives with her mother, free as a bird.

I would love (and will try) to have the monster in this story punished, but I am a stickler for realism. And the sad fact is, that when it comes to rape, very few of them get the punishment they deserve.

afrodita79afrodita79almost 13 years ago
nice begining

it´s a greate storie can´t wait to read more off it soon

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Even with the traumatizing start, I like the story!

The Minnesota references are great too!!! :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
perfecto

The entire thing was just wrong. I mean the romance was fantastic and I am so glad Aaron and Dan found each other, but it struck a bit too close to home. I rarely see the point of view change in stories like this, but it was nicely done and an inspiration.

All in all, very well done and I can't wait until the next chapter comes out

tooroux2tooroux2almost 13 years ago
Great

Keep writing. I want more of this story! :)

LoveBird1929LoveBird1929almost 13 years ago
Heartwrenching

What happened to Aaron & what happened to your family member & your friend. But realistic. Looking forward to the next chapter.

dinkybootsdinkybootsalmost 12 years ago

god this is giving me a stress head.? i hate bullies

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Thaaaaaaaan . . .

I've read several of your expertly crafted, lovingly nuanced, heart-wrenching stories and have one simple singular complaint . . . . .

ThAn, than, THaN, THAN! thanthanthanthanthan, the word of more or less, greater or fewer, hotter or colder is than (with an A). ThEn signifies time.

I'm not the first to point this out, BTW. Please get a beta-reader and we can all rest easy. (There are a few other common misspellings you make, as well.)

I really DO love your stories and want to enjoy the living crap out of them. Thanks!

TimothyMTimothyMabout 11 years ago

Every time I read this story and especially the first chapter, I wonder why Daniel never feels even a little bit of irrational guilt. If he had just had the courage to talk to Aaron when he first saw him and admired him, Aaron would never have gone out back with the rapist.

But then I guess we would have had a story showing how caring Daniel is :-)

TimothyMTimothyMabout 11 years ago
arrgh - why can't you edit comments

My last sentence in the previous comment should have been:

But then I guess we wouldn't have had a story showing how caring Daniel is :-)

Oh - and about finding the rapist: what about the women who brought him to the club? I can see why the guy would never return but surely at least some of the women he was with were regulars. But of course, if Aaron didn't notice them or cannot recognize them, when they come to the club again, it's no good.

I loved the description of Dan's sister in the closet.

willieonewillieoneover 10 years ago

Only thing I can pick fault with is that without his glasses he says he can hardly see Dan's face yet when he first sees him when he wakes up he give a pretty clear discription of him even through his swollen eyes.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous