Tenderness on the Block Ch. 01

Story Info
Unique Misery: A Goth Prince and Princess Realise True Love.
5.3k words
3.94
7.4k
13

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 09/13/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SatyrDick
SatyrDick
53 Followers

After reading stories on here for months I decided to try my hand at it

It took me about 15 hours to initially write/edit/spell check (but there is one intentional misspelling -- look at my posted comments and you'll figure it out).

Boiler Plate Author's Notes:
1) All characters engaging in sexual activities are at least 18 Y.O..
2) I like description and dialogue - so unless noted sexual activity is MOSTLY at the end.
3) I utilise U.K. and U.S. spelling, along with foreign to U.S. words as well.
4) Real People/Places/Things will be notated by an asterisk (*) look 'em up! (if U wanna).
5) Said real People/Places/Things may be anachronistic (think Baz Luhrman's Moulin Rogue soundtrack).
6) Said real People/Places/Things are mainly in 'SoCal' or 'Sin City' ("Vegas Bay-Bay!") - where I'm from/where I live.
7) To paraphrase Doctor Leonard Horatio 'Bones' McCoy - "I'm a straight white male writer, NOT a doctor or lawyer or whatever, " although I do minimal Googling to maintain a 'somewhat realistic' story (where applicable).

Chapter One Specific Notes:
A) Denys Patrique is pronounced 'Den-is Pat-rick'

B) Don't take Denys' and Dawn's feelings about Longrun, Missouri personally...my paternal grandfather (like Denys' paternal grandfather) came from there. I have never been there and only used it:

1) Because I use names of people and places from my family/history.

2) I feel a guy from SoCal would not take kindly to being transplanted there (I know I wouldn't).

'That is All.'

-Chapter One-

(Saturday)

Denys Patrique Ryan sat in his office in Misery, the only Goth nightclub in Downtown Las Vegas going over the upcoming bookings for Gothtober -- he had lined up Aurelio Voltaire* (for an acoustic Black Labyrinth* performance), Video Vision Band*, Night Club*, Remission (a Skinny Puppy* tribute band), Lee Press-On and the Nails*, The Mystic Nights (an Oingo Boingo* tribute band), Calling All Astronauts*, Jessie Frey*, and a reading/performance by Literotica's SnakeySmut* but still needed more so he was looking at various mags to find some and came across an advert for Magenta Dawn a new (to him) band out of L.A., he was intrigued so he gave the number a ring.

"Hello, this is Dawn Simpson lead singer/keys and manager of Magenta Dawn -- what can I do you for?"

This was a name Denys hadn't heard in eight years...

"Hi, I'm Denys Ryan the owner of Misery a Goth nightclub in Las Vegas; you wouldn't be out of Longrun*, Missouri by chance would you?"

"Why yes, yes I am...how did you know that?"

"Because this is your step brother Walter Williams"

"Wally!"

Denys hadn't been called Walter for the last 8 years, he changed his name when he hit L.A. after getting the fuck outta Longrun...he hated that name and that damnable place

Yeah 'Wally' (only she could call him that), "how long you been in L.A.?"

"About 5 years, as soon as I hit 18, I did what you did and got the hell outta Dodge"

Denys was a little over 2 years older than Dawn, his mom Lisa had been killed by a stunt plane trick gone terribly wrong (she was a wing walker) and his dad Ray was the pilot -- he fell into a deep depression afterwards (blaming himself for her death) leading to self-medicating with alcohol which lead to abuse but he was eventually helped by the widow Simpson and was baptized into the Pentecostal faith (along with Denys against his will). He had been an Atheist since the 10th grade after being raised Roman Catholic then reading 'How the Great Religions Began'* by Joesph Gaer* and giving theism up for Lent.

Ray wed Sally Simpson a few months later and then Sally and Dawn moved in. Sally was a pain enforcing strict bible based rules and forcing him to go to church and Sunday Bible School, both of which he was barred from after pointing out the seldom mentioned seedier sections of 'The Most Violent Book Ever Written' after which he left for SoCal. But Dawn was pretty cool and looked up to her new brother he was 17 she was 14.

"So Dawn, why don't I fly you here so we can reconnect and get you booked at my club?"

"Sounds cool Wally, let me look at my calendar and I'll get back to you."

Denys gave her his cell number and said "I look foreword to hearing from you soon!"

--Chapter Two--

Denys HATED Longrun, his parents moved there (his dad's dad was born there) after his dad got out of the Air Force, to get a job on a stunt plane team, and he never fit in -- didn't like Country music (the prominent music in Longrun), despised closed minded individuals (never not having met anything but -- save for a few family members and Dawn), loathed sports (the local religion after Pentecostalism), and the overall culture (or his perceived lack thereof). He was 5'11" 195lbs and a good runner, so the football coach tried to get him to go for a place on the team and he said no, then the athletic director tried to get his counselor to pressure him (to no avail), and then after Ray married Sally (who was the varsity basketball coach's younger sister) tried to get her to pressure him to as well - so to get them off his back and to further get away from athletics joined the A/V and Drama departments (although ironically he handled the soundboards for all of the various sport's home games).

Life with Sally was arduous at best, but Dawn was a peach and looked up to him - since he was unlike any person she had met before (she was born in Longrun and it was all she knew) seeing as he was from SoCal (Lynwood* to be precise) he was unique in town...but to her dismay after graduating and turning 18 in October he said "Fuck you" to Sally and "See you later, sorry" to Dawn, crushing her spirits.

Two days later, he was at Artifice* with his friend Angela when he got a call.

"Hey Wally, I'm free from now 'till the second week of November."

"Awesome! I'll book you tix tomorrow with an open ended return date."

"Great! I'll pack a couple of suitcases tonight and I'll be waiting for my flight info."

"Perfect! I'll text you flight deets when I have them...ciaobella"

Denys let Angela know what was going on - she was Misery's 'artistic director' also his 'Major Domo' and a friend from SoCal, who moved to Las Vegas with him five years ago after meeting him at Doug Weston's Troubadour* seeing his friends' band Kaprelyan* and befriending him.

---Chapter Three---

(Still Monday)

Dawn was excited to go to Vegas for the first time and of course to see her big bro again, a few hours later while packing she got the text from him for her noon flight tomorrow.

(Tuesday)

When she landed at Harry Reid International*, he went to her flight's luggage carousel with a sign that said 'Welcome Dawn' holding it above his head like John Cusack -- when she saw him she didn't recognise the almost six foot strapping Goth hunk: he was in all black and red (with some white) and skulls (kilt, Chucks, Lee Ho Fooks* tee, waistcoat, and weed-skull socks) with crimson hair down to his waist. The last time she saw him he had black shoulder length hair and wore blue jeans and band tees, and combat boots but then again she followed his fashion cue, but wearing an all black and white ensemble.

"Wally!" she cried out as she leapt into a ginormous hug.

"Only you sis - only you," he cringed.

"You'll always be Wally to me big bro."

"Well anyhoo, welcome to 'Sin City', let's get your luggage and stop at the club before getting to my place."

He put her down.

"Is it true what they say 'bout what's not being worn under your kilt?"

"Oh hell naw, no going 'commando' for moi" and turning around proceeded to moon her and the rest of the luggage carousel with his black and red biking shorts with red sugar skulls on each cheek (and crotch, but she or they couldn't see that).

They got her luggage and headed to short term parking and loaded her suitcases into the back of his black and red 1957 Cadillac Miller Meteor Hearse* securing them on the body slide - "love the ride", "thanks sis" and headed to Misery to meet Angela and look at open dates in October. When they got there Dawn needed to use the bathroom and when she got out saw Denys talking to Angela.

"Hey Wally, you're out of paper towels in the Ladies room."

"Wally?" Asked Angela with a puzzled look on her face.

"Changed my name from Walter Irving Williams to Denys Patrique Ryan when I got to L.A. to start afresh and I never felt like a 'Walter' or 'Walt' anyways and only liked it when Dawn called me 'Wally', but ONLY in private." Dawn grinned at that.

"OK, well Dawn, I'm Angela Denise Taylore I've known 'Wally' (he winced at this) for about seven years and I'm Artistic Director here at Misery"

"Bro - why did you call your club 'Misery'?"

"It's a play on the pronunciation of Missouri, how I felt there, and it also has Goth vibes."

"Very good, now let's go look at the calendar then get something to eat."

The trio went into the office to check dates open in October (it was currently the second week of September) and surprisingly there were opening act time slots every Friday and Saturday.

"Well sis, I guess you guys are our 'house band' for the month of Gothober. I can pay you the 'family rate' of $1,000 a night plus 5% of drinks and a grand a week until then, how many in Magenta Dawn?"

"Two of us, Chris 'Magenta' Summers and myself."

"That's good, and I have extra rooms and a pool house, so you can stay with me."

"Great! Now I'm hungry and a bit sleepy, let's get dinner Wally."

"Well, I'll leave you two to it, nice to meet you Dawn and please get me a band logo graphic as soon as you can."

"Will do Angela, it was nice to meet you too."

Dawn grabbed his hand and they skipped out to the hearse like teenagers.

----Chapter Four----

Denys and Dawn went to the Cornish Pasty Co* for dinner, as they were eating they reminisced about their families combining and the short time that they lived together before he left.

"Wally, I really hated it when you left me all alone."

"Sorry Dawn, but I had to get the hell outta Dodge. I just couldn't deal with Longrun anymore."

"Man those last three years really bit, mom got really cheesed at you and cracked down on me."

"At least you did the smart thing and got to SoCal, we must have just missed each other."

"I did try to find you as 'Walter Williams', but zero, zilch, nada, bupkiss."

"Did you ever play at Doug Weston's Troubadour?"

"Yes."

"Did you see any fliers for Misery Machine?"

"Yeah I did."

"That was the first band I formed, also on keys like you."

"Why did you stop performing?"

"Jerry Crowe quit as my vocalist after marrying his girlfriend Lori, but then I got my friend Danny Starr and we became Misery Loves Company -- but then he O.D.'d and I lost the drive to write/perform and headed here with Angela to clear my head, found this space and decided to start a club."

"Are you two a 'thing'?"

"Nope, just real good friends - plus she found a boyfriend at a showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show at The Huntridge Theatre* a week after we got here and they're still together -- his name is Mike."

"And what about you, Wally?"

"Nothing beyond an occasional date here and there, been busy with the club and I haven't found the right girl to settle down with. What about you?"

"The same as you -- with the exception of the club part."

"What about Chris?"

"He got burned by his last G.F. Trina -- so he took himself off the market for the time being. I'm looking for a unique guy to match my uniqueness."

"I'm sure you'll find somebody here."

"Oh, I'm sure I will." She said as she reached for his hands on the table.

After dinner they headed to his house on Hollywood* on Sunrise Mountain*.

-----Chapter Five-----

(Wednesday)

Dawn was awoken by the smell of bacon frying and entered the kitchen to see Denys baking blueberry scones, making omelets and hot tea.

Coming up behind him Dawn wrapped her arms around his waist and nuzzled his back "will there be milk for the tea, Wally?"

"Of course sis."

"Good, so what are the plans for today?"

"Seeing that its Wednesday, I need to make some calls for this weekend's shows and check out the bar supplies and liquor stocks. Why don't you come with and get a lay of the land -- then we'll lunch at The Crown and Anchor Pub*."

"Sounds good and I'll call Chris and tell him the good news."

"Also have him pack up your instruments, and I'll pay to ship them here."

As they ate, small talk ensued until Dawn got serious...

"Wally, how come you never called after you left?" She asked as she put her hands in his.

"I didn't want your mom to know where I was," he said as he looked down at the breakfast bar.

"What about me?" She asked pulling his hands towards her.

He could see the sadness in her eyes. "I had a feeling you would follow me to L.A. and would find me in Hollywood" as he brushed an errant lock of hair over her ear.

"But I didn't, because there was no 'Walter Williams'" she said forlornly looking away.

"I know, I guess I spaced out and got focused on changing and ended up forgetting about you -- sorry."

She brightened up and said "well now we are here and it's all good," kissing his hands.

They got to Misery about nine o'clock and he went at the books while she snooped 'round the club checking out the stage and backstage, the sound system (including the boards), the lighting, and the dressing rooms. Then she sat down at the bar to call Chris with the good news about their residency at Misery.

"Hey Wally!"

"Yeah sis."

"Chris says he'll be ready to fly up here next week."

"Great, I'll cover his tix."

"The only thing is...he can only do the first three weeks of October -- as his brother is having surgery the last week of October."

"Shite! What about Halloween week?"

"Well how about you and me do a dual keys thing with a drum machine?"

"I don't know sis, it's been five years since I even plugged in my set up."

She grabbed his arms," then there's no time like the present to 'just do it'."

"Uhmmm..." he uhmmmed.

"C'mon Wally we can do a Goth/Darkwave/Synthwave/EBM 'greatest hits' set with some Misery Machine/Misery Loves Company/Magenta Dawn stuff mixed in."

"We'll see..." he said as he was unsure of his skills on the keyboards today.

After they took inventory of the bar supply and liquor stocks he did some ordering then they headed to the Crown and Anchor pub to get some grub. Denys got a Bacon Stilton Cheeseburger and Chips and Dawn got a Shepherd's Pie -- they both got a pint of Taunton Blackthorn Cider*.

"So sis, what did you do with yourself after I left?" This time he grabbed her hands.

"Well Wally, I moped around but then I was convinced by my friend Kathy to join the A/V and Drama depts. like you."

"You mean Kathy Brown?"

"Yup, she knew I was your sister and saw a lot of you in me."

"Makes sense, when did you go all Goth?" as he motioned up and down at her.

"When I got to L.A. -- like you, like I said I liked you because you were unique in Longrun, but I went with the classic black and white."

"And the band thing?"

"Well your musical interests rubbed off on me and after discovering Sisters of Mercy* by seeing your tees I wanted to play keys and write about my life in Longrun and L.A., besides L.A. has a good Goth scene going," as she drew his hands closer to her.

"How are dad and your mom?"

"Pretty much the same, in good health and happily content with each other."

"That's good, your mom really pulled dad out of the depths and if he's happy, I'm happy."

"That's what I'm looking for Wally happiness and contentment."

"Well 'Mr. Unique' is out there waiting for you."

"Yes, yes he is." as she kissed his hands.

------Chapter Six------

(Thursday)

After picking up Chris (he of the frilly black and purple Royal Goth variety) from the airport they headed to Denys' house to get him set up in the pool house and set their gear up in the library of the house.

"Thanks for the gig Denys."

"No sweatski Chris, plus the chance to reconnect with Dawn is great," wrapping his arms around her from the back and kissing the top of her head (she was 5'4" after all)

"So you gonna bust out your setup to shake out the cobwebs?"

"Yeah, I'll break it outta storage in a few days and set it up next to Dawn's."

"I went online and found some Misery Machine and Misery Loves Company stuff...pretty good!"

"Danke dude, we almost opened for Bauhaus* but Peter Murphy* wanted someone else."

"I heard about that Wally, too bad."

"Eh, c'est la vie"

"'Wally'?"

"Don't ask brohiem," as he shook his head.

"Sorry I'll have to miss your b-day week broski...how old?"

"Twenty-Seven, yeah I'm a little over 2 years older than sis here."

"Who did you get for it?"

"I want to get Massive Ego*, but don't know their management company"

"Wally, I know Mark Massive*! I met him at Amoeba Records* in Hollywood, no 'massive' ego in fact he gave me his personal email and phone number, and I gave him a flash drive with our stuff on it - I'll email him right now."

"Bitchen, thanks sis!"

"No prob Wally."

Denys turned Dawn around and gave her big bear hug and kissed her forehead.

-------Chapter Seven-------

(Sunday)

Denys and Chris woke up before Dawn and started without her...

"Thanks. Wally" she said rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Should have been up on time sis" he snarked smirking.

She came up behind Denys again wrapping her arms around his waist "well...some of us are talking to somebody in London eight hours ahead overnight."

He spun her around, "and, and?"

"Mark said 'yes'!"

He gave her another bear hug and kissed her on her lips this time.

"He says it'll only be him but he'll do it for free, just pay his airfare and I said he could stay here."

"Awesome!" Said Chris and Denys simultaneously

"I guess we'll have to be his band then," said Denys.

"Yeah, Mark said he'll send a set list plus he asked your favourite Goth track."

"Easy, 'All the Madmen' by David Bowie."

"That's Goth?" Asked Chris.

"Yup, it's 'Proto-Goth'" said Dawn.

"Yeah Chris, you should check out 'We Are Hungry Men' and 'Please Mr. Gravedigger' off of his first eponymous L.P. Bowie dabbled in all styles."

"Annd don't forget 'Ashes to Ashes' from Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps)" added Dawn.

"Okay, okay I've been schooled" - Dawn and Denys smiled at each other.

--------Chapter Eight--------

(Monday)

Denys got his keyboards out of his storage and set them up in a 'V' formation with Dawn's, she came in after talking to Marc and giggled joyously -- she would now be playing with her unique brother as 'Misery Dawning'.

Chris was extremely hung over after binging hard at Misery, so it was just the siblings practicing and they were playing different ways like swapping keyboards, each playing both of them with her in front, and playing like Wendy and Lisa* (with their fingers intertwined). After three solid hours ending with 'I Idolize You' they collapsed arms intertwined on the loveseat in the library.

"I love you Wally"

"I love you Dawn"

---------Chapter Nine---------

(The Sunday before Denys' B-Day week)

The first three weeks of 'Gothtober' went well and the crowds loved Magenta Dawn.

"Thanks for the gig Denys"

"Anytime, Chris"

"And thanks for the trip home."

"Again, anytime my dude."

They all climbed into the hearse and headed back to the airport.

After dropping off Chris, Dawn and Denys headed to The Hard Rock on The Strip.

"Well Wally, it's just us this upcoming week -- are you ready for Marc on Tuesday?"

"Yep sis."

The last week of Gothtober had acts every single night with Misery Dawning opening and then Marc Massive joining them on Halloween (Denys' B-Day) and finishing with 'All the Madmen' then Dawn singing Altered Images*' 'Happy Birthday'* to Denys before going over to give him a massive kiss which he reciprocated in kind.

SatyrDick
SatyrDick
53 Followers
12