Tenderness on the Block Ch. 03

Story Info
The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down. [Age is just a number]
7.1k words
4
2.8k
2

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 09/13/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SatyrDick
SatyrDick
53 Followers

Boiler Plate Author's Notes:

1) All characters engaging in sexual activities are at least 18 Y.O..

2) I like description and dialogue - so unless noted sexual activity is MOSTLY at the end.

3) I utilise U.K. and U.S. spelling, along with foreign to U.S. words as well.

4) Real People/Places/Things will be notated by an asterisk (*) look 'em up! (if U wanna).

5) Said real People/Places/Things may be anachronistic (think Baz Luhrman's Moulin Rogue soundtrack).

6) Said real People/Places/Things are mainly in 'SoCal' or 'Sin City' ("Vegas Bay-Bay!") - where I'm from/where I live.

7) To paraphrase Doctor Leonard Horatio 'Bones' McCoy - "I'm a straight white male writer, NOT a doctor or lawyer or whatever..." although I do minimal Googling to maintain a 'somewhat realistic' story (where applicable).

8) Denys Patrique is pronounced 'Den-is Pat-rick'

"That is all."

-Chapter One-

It was a brisk 69 degrees on this the tenth of January when Colleen Marguerite was outside The Riviera Hotel and Casino* setting up the speaker for her keytar in preparation for the next session for drawing in Strip tourists to get them into the casino by offering a free pull on a jumbo sized three reel slot machine, when she saw a young man (she was forty-seven after all) who appeared to be about 24 crossing from the opposite side of the street from Circus Circus, Hotel/Casino/Theme Park* wearing a black tee with a mash-up Beetlejuice/Bob's Big Boy* image and the rest of his clothes were black as well (including his black and green tartan skirt and surprisingly a pair of paper bunny ears in the same color combo) to stand in the shade of the building behind the bus shelter.

Dave Zander, the 'barker'/'MC' came out a few minutes later (dressed in his red and white striped suit) and cued her to start playing 'Viva Las Vegas' on her keytar and started his spiel.

"Roll up, roll up, name that tune and win a free pull on the biggest slot machine in the casino."

What Dave didn't tell them that it was a promotional machine that awarded cheap Riviera souvenirs (like key chains and decks of Riv branded playing cards) and coupon/voucher books -- and that ANYBODY could just walk up to the machine anyways (but Dave and Colleen got a little money for each person who came in off the street with a special chip from them).

For 10 minutes of banter and recognizable songs people guessed the songs and then Dave announced "now for the bonus extra prize song..."

Colleen started playing but after 45 seconds nobody guessed it and by chance the young man in the bunny ears had his wireless ear buds die and he said "isn't that the Looney Tunes/Merry Melodies theme also known as 'The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down?"

"YES, yes it is and you young man win the free pull and a bonus gift!"

Bobby Ruof didn't care about the whole thing but knew about the talent getting some money for driving people to the free pull machine near the main casino cage and thought what the hell and grabbed the 'extra special' chip from Dave but as he headed into the special 'free pull' door Colleen stopped him.

"Hey hon, how did you know the actual song title? You don't look a day over 24 and that song's over ninety years old."

"Well actually I'm twenty-six and I collect sheet music and came across a copy of it at a music collectible show at The Commerce Casino* in Commerce*, California awhile ago and picked it up as I like the old 'Termite Terrace*' 'toons."

"I was there as a vendor, selling old vinyl as Colleen's Cool Vynil"

"Oh, yeah -- I saw your tables but you were up at the hourly give-away, my name's Bobby Ruof."

"Colleen Marguerite, part time maid clown, vinyl collector and show vendor" she was intrigued by this good looking and interesting young man, and did something out of character for her and said "do you want to grab a foot long hotdog over at the Westward Ho Casino*?"

Bobby was interested "sounds like fun."

"Meet me there in twenty minutes; I'll be on break for an hour."

So after heading inside to get his cheap swag - he won a keychain and they gave him a bonus deck of cards (which added to his stack of 20 he had at home) when he turned down the coupon book. He crossed the street heading to the Westward Ho...ten minutes later she showed up in her 'civvies' wearing a black Middle Earth Records* tee.

"I used to love going to Middle Earth when I was in high school, I picked up a pair of German David Bowie cassettes," he said pulling out the tall stool across from him at the snack bar table.

"I used to work there when I was at St. Pius X High School* in the early 1990's."

"Oh, come on, you can't be more than what...twenty-nine?"

"Thanks Bobby and I mean it, but I just turned forty-seven."

"Nah, I don't believe you, lemme see your I.D,."

She happily pulled out her driver's license, she knew she took care of herself -- she stopped smoking clove cigarettes when she turned twenty-nine and her hair was brunette (actually in the summer it was tri-tone - dark roots, leading to lighter middles and finally nearly blond tips), she was 5' 8" with 44DD breasts and a little 'Rubens-esque' at 180 lbs..

"So you are, that age, you certainly don't look it."

"I'm not afraid to say my age."

"Cool, howza 'bout I grab the footlongs and drinks -- you can sit here so we don't loose our spots then we can chat?"

"As long as you let me pay my half, fine and I'll take a Coke no ice"

"We'll see," he winked, causing her to blush as he got in the long snack bar line.

(Fifteen minutes later)

"Here's your Coke and dog...I didn't know what condiments you wanted, so I grabbed three of each."

"I use mayo only, unless I get chili and cheese."

"Ditto here, fries also like Pulp Fiction -- unless they're Original Tommy's* fries then chili and cheese or In-n-Out* then they're 'Animal Style*'"

"Are you sure you're not my brother?" She laughed.

This excited him on two counts; he liked older women and was turned on by incest stories on Literotica, "nope we both just have good taste in food accouterments."

They tucked into their food talking about him collecting 'dark themed' song sheet music, album covers, and horror comics and her selling old (and some new) vinyl.

"Did you know about the upcoming show in two weeks at The Riv with music stuff, Bobby?"

"No, I didn't -- I haven't been to a show since I got here six years ago following my friend Denys Patrique and working at his nightclub Misery for a few years before getting into the A/V dept. at Circus Circus."

"I'll tell you what Bobby, you can cover lunch today and I'll cover your entry fee for the two days at the show -- I'll have a booth both days and we can talk some more."

"Sounds good Colleen, I'll put in days off requests for that weekend and I'll talk to you as I wait for the bus 'cause my Mustang is in the shop at Count's Customs* for the rest of the week."

They finished their chow and he walked her back to The Riv, so she could get ready for her next 'show' and he could wait for the 301 express bus* heading downtown.

--Chapter Two--

Over the week, they met when he got off in the afternoon and Friday he invited her to dinner at the In-n-Out on Sahara Ave.* that upcoming Saturday night as he was getting his 1971 Mach One Mustang back from the shop, he would meet her there at seven-thirty after she got off work.

(Saturday night)

Colleen sat by the entry door and saw him pull into the parking lot and of course his car was black with green, he gave her a friendly hug and European air kisses and they went to the counter to order...

"This is on me," he said after she ordered her food -- a Double Double and fries, both 'Animal Style' (she already had a soda -- in order to sit and wait for him) as she was about to swipe her First Interstate Bank* Visa debit card, "you can get lunch at the record show"

"Okay fine, be that way...see if I don't care, "

"I know you, you don't care."

They both laughed and he ordered a 4 x 4* (meat and cheese only) with 'Animal Style' fries and a med. Coke

"Hungry much?"

"Didn't 'really' have a break today, so this is both lunch and dinner...Linner?"

They sat back down at the booth by the door, "is everything you own black and green and Goth-y?"

"Yupperz, I have an aesthetic and colour palette and I try to stick to it most of the time...makes getting dressed every day easier and it makes me easy to buy gifts for." He smiled a cheesy grin when he said this.

"I see, a simple man with a simple clothing plan."

"What about you, I've seen you in basic Levi's, various black music tees, and Dr. Martin's Sheridans* or Rumble Women's Retro 50s Rockabilly Velvet Brothel Creepers*, what is your style?"

"1970's record store employee, to give it it's proper name, but when I dress up it's 'Belladonna' era Stevie Nicks* in black, and as you already know as Kellye the Maid Clown it's a slightly 'less sexy' Colleen Camp*...but I could get away with the 'sexy' version wandering around the Fremont Street Experience* posing for pictures."

"Yeah, I've seen those 'nuns' with only tape on their areolas and nipples*."

"Exactly" she laughed and they eat their food making fun small talk, until...

"So Colleen, why is a beautiful older lady like yourself unattached?"

"Well, I lost my husband of fourteen years Peter Worthington, no relation to Cal*, twelve years ago at the age of thirty-five due to a heart attack, plus some hidden heart defects -- he was a dentist, a very stressful job."

"Sorry for your loss, but being related would have been cool."

"Even though we weren't, Pete insisted on getting our cars there and Cal even gave us a 'Family Discount' personally...I suppose it made for good word of mouth advertising, who knows?"

"And how did you migrate from SoCal to 'Sin City' and where in SoCal are you from?"

"Born in Lynwood*, I grew up in Hollydale*, moving to Downey* in high school and after I married Pete - he and I searched yard sales, thrift stores, estate sales for inexpensive good vinyl to sell at shows all along the coast, and after doing a few shows over the years here in Vegas, I decided to move up here permanently after Pete died. I get some 'walking around money' by 'clowning around' at The Riv using my vintage keytar and having a good time, I don't need much with the life insurance policies that Pete had -- I'm comfortable for awhile."

"Wow, very cool - aside from Peter dying of course."

"Thanks, but what about you? You seem like a 'together' guy why no girlfriend?"

"I want somebody with a lot of similar interests and like then have meaningful conversations with and with women my age they are few and far between...which is why I keep asking you out."

"Ooh, flattery will get you everywhere...now let's compare dream jobs -- mine is to open a record store in Down Town Las Vegas but the retail spaces are locked up by real estate investors waiting for down town to pick back up, and what's available is prohibitively expensive."

"Well mine is to open a comic book store also down town, but freestanding -- not in Neonopolis* and like you I used to look all over for inexpensive comic book collections. The last one I got was when Sin City Comics* went out of business and I got his stock for nickels on the dollar, and have about thirty-five thousand books in storage at a friend's place so all he asks for is the yearly taxes plus fifteen percent for maintenance."

"I know of a space -- my friend Denys bought up part of a block and offered me an excellent sized space, but I can't get the capitol to jump on the offer."

"What's the square foot a month rate?"

"It varies from seventy-five cents to a buck twenty-five depending on the size of the space and the rates are locked in for five years."

"Wow, that's a steal...if I cover opening expenses and a year's rent do you want to do a joint store?"

"Sounds like a plan Stan, let's talk to Denys after the show next week."

"Let's, now it's late and the Sandman is pelting me, so let's make like a comic store and book it."

"Would you like an escort to your home tonight, Ms. M?"

"Not necessary Mr. R, one to my car would suffice."

"But of course madam," he took their trash to the trash can and came back to the table and presented the crook of his arm, "shall we go?"

"Yes, thank you," as she put her arm through his and they exited the In-n-Out. She pushed the button on her key fob and her black and silver 2014 Nissan Cube beeped to life out of nowhere.

"I pictured you as a Chevy Camaro kinda gal, so the Cube is a surprise."

"I got it to help with my record crates and had a tow hitch installed for pulling a small trailer, plus I think she looks cute -- don't you?"

"Just like its owner, plus your colour aesthetic is on point, is it factory?"

"Nope. Earl Schieb*, in Santa Fe Springs* - with interiors by West Coast Customs*."

After opening her door, he slowly went in for a kiss but before his lips connected with hers she slightly turned her head and he connected with her left cheek with a peck.

"I match your cheek with mine, frontal assault next time Casanova."

"I loved that David Tennant series."

"Me too, his best series before Doctor Who."

"And these are even more reasons I like you" he tried kissing her again but this time got her right cheek."

"It gives you something to look forward to next weekend" this time he got her right hand with a kiss.

"Until then gorgeous, but I will call in a day or two to speak with you, ciaobella Belladonna."

And call her he did on Monday, she called him on Wednesday, and he called her on Friday to offer assisting her loading and unloading twice -- but since she had her stuff in the trailer already, he could meet and help her at the Riviera convention center.

---Chapter Three---

The show was set to start at 10 A.M. on Saturday, with vendors checking in by 7:30 A.M., Bobby went to The Riv convention centre receiving dock at met Colleen at 7 A.M..

Unloading her trailer he noticed vintage record crates from Sam Goody*, Licorice Pizza*, and of course Middle Earth and some custom 45 RPM sized crates with labels from Dot Records*, Downey Records*, Jack Bee Records*, and a Studio Z*...

"Wow, I love the vintage SoCal labels, but what's Studio Z?"

"That's what Frank Zappa renamed Pal Recording Studios* after he bought it in 1964 from Paul Buff*."

"Pal Recording Studios?"

"Where they recorded 'Pipeline' by The Chantays* released on Bill Wenzel*'s Downey Records regionally then Dot Records nationally."

"Cool, not totes into Surf Rock but I have heard the Ska cover by Bad Manners*."

It took only twenty minutes to set up the tables for Colleen's Cool Vynil and with about ninety minutes to kill they decided to hit The Riv buffet for breakfast.

"So, I went down to Misery last night after I got off the phone with you for some drinks and talked to Angela Taylore, Denys' Major Domo and set up a informational meeting Monday at eight in the morning -- since we don't have to be in until eleven at our respective employers."

"That's a bold move Mr. R."

"Well, like I said it's only a meeting to get the prices, and while we are talking we can split a 'Death by Dawn' breakfast."

"What's that?"

"A traditional 'Full English' breakfast."

"Okay, sounds good."

On their way back, they stopped at a Mega Bucks* slot and he put in twenty-one dollars, "seven lucky pulls" he said...pulls one to six bupkiss, but on lucky number seven he hit a mini jackpot for $250,000 - they jumped up and down and then suddenly she kissed him on the mouth and he was stunned! But then he kissed her back, and said "I'm pretty much locked in for Monday," swept up by the excitement she said "me too babe!"

He had to wait for cage personnel so she headed back to the convention center after giving him another kiss -- twenty minutes later the cage supervisor showed up with people from the publicity dept. and handed him a oversized cheque for the full amount and after the shots were over handed and they filled out the proper tax forms handed him a regular sized check for the balance. They wanted to retain the big promo cheque but he wanted to keep it (to put in the shop when it opened) so they said that he could pick it up later from the main cage.

As he entered the show he felt lucky and bought seven raffle tix for the grand prize for a crate of L.P.s, seven for the crate of 45's, and seven for some vintage promotional ephemera. Colleen showed him the crates and posters she had put aside in the event that the winner(s) chose her booth. The day went by rather slowly and whenever there was a lull in the crowds he would meander around the show checking out the vendors and in doing so came across Gregory's Goth Gallery located in the far back corner...

"So Gary, why are you hiding back here? " Asked Bobby.

"Well, this is going to be my last show as my wife is in hospice for Front Temporal Dementia* and I couldn't spend too much money."

"Isn't that what Terry Jones* of Monty Python* had?"

"Sadly yes, Donna was diagnosed after he died but hers is a more rapidly spreading case."

Bobby looked at the older balding man dressed as a combination of Dave Vanian* and Andrew Eldritch* and felt sorry for him and so when he wasn't at Colleen's tables he was chatting with Gary.

They had had a good day at Colleen's and cleared 2 Middle Earth crates and the Studio Z one as well, sadly Gary had sold only a handful of tees and that's it and Bobby felt sorry for him.

It was six p.m. time for the drawings and Bobby had won two of the three prizes the 45s and posters (and such), so he decided he would get them from Gary (as the show paid the vendor for the prizes).

"Hey Gary, I want to get your 45s and posters please."

"Sure thing man, too bad you couldn't get the Triple Crown...it would have really helped."

Bobby sat there for a minute looking at the vintage 45s: Misfits*, Sisters of Mercy*, The Damned* and oddly a U.K. 45 of David Bowie's 'All the Madmen*' -- "this is Goth?" "Proto-Goth, it inspired Siouxsie Sioux*, Robert Smith* and Trent Reznor*." 'Oh, cool' thought Bobby as he thought of a plan.

"Hey Gary, I was wondering if you would take fifty-thousand for all of your stock?"

"Are you serious dude?"

"Yes, yes I am -- it would help me as I want to open a shop in down town Vegas and it would help you with your wife, I tell you what, let me tell my friend Colleen what's going on and I'll come back to see what you decide."

"You mean Colleen Marguerite at Colleen's Cool Vynil?"

"Yeah, she's kinda my girlfriend."

"She's a good woman."

"I know..."

He headed back to her tables. "So Bella, I've offered to buy out Gary's Goth Gallery stock to help with his sick wife."

"Yeah, poor Donna has been going downhill for a while."

"How long have you known them?"

"I first met Donna and Gary at Middle Earth in high school. She's in hospice in South Gate* and he drove out here to liquidate his inventory -- I was talking to him after I got back from the casino floor"

"Why don't you walk back over with me and I can see what he decided."

She took his left hand intertwining her fingers with his and they headed back to Gary's tables.

"Hey again, Colleen."

"Hey Gary, Bobby told me what he did."

"Well, I joked with him about getting my crate of 45s and posters and such..."

"Do you still have that first pressing U.K. 'All the Madmen'?"

"Yes, yes I do...or should I say Bobby does."

"When do you head back?"

"Tonight, after I get some food in me and gas in the Cube."

"Colleen, do like you all have Cubes?"

"Actually, Gary inspired me to get mine."

"So Gary, what do you think about my offer?"

"I'll take it, and I tell you what I'll throw in the cargo pod and what's left in my five by five storage unit in Pico Rivera* mainly my wardrobe including Dave Vanian's outfit from his appearance on 'The Trouble with the 70's' show*."

SatyrDick
SatyrDick
53 Followers
12