Tenderness on the Block Ch. 05

Story Info
Would you like One Sugar Skull or Two - Love & Pioncillo.
4.8k words
5
1.8k
3
0

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 09/13/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SatyrDick
SatyrDick
53 Followers

Welcome to the final chapter in the story of 'The Block' (for now), there may be future chapters (there are three more sides to a city block after all), if inspiration hits me.

Thanks for reading and 'liking' my previous works and 'foolishly' following me -- my next 'series' (which I am still blocking out) will 'probably' be out in early 2023, as I like to finish all chapters before publishing the 1st one.

Danke,

SatyrDick

[09.11.22]

P.S. -- ANY and ALL creative criticism or feedback is GREATLY appreciated.

Boiler Plate Author's Notes:

1) All characters engaging in sexual activities are at least 18 y.o..

2) I like description and dialogue, so unless noted sexual activity is MOSTLY at the end.

3) I utilise U.K. and U.S. spelling, along with foreign to U.S. words as well.

4) Real People/Places/Things will be noted by an asterisk (*) look 'em up! (if U wanna that is).

5) Said Real People/Places/Things may be anachronistic (think Baz Luhrman's Moulin Rouge soundtrack.

6) Said Real People/Places/Things are mainly in 'SoCal' or 'Sin City' ("Vegas Bay-Bay!") -- where I'm from/where I live.

7) To paraphrase Leonard Horatio 'Bones' McCoy, M.D. -- "I'm a straight, white male writer, NOT a doctor or lawyer or whatever..." although I do minimal Googling to maintain a 'somewhat realistic' story (where applicable).

8) These stories or 'Chapters' can be read in two ways:

A) Individually, in any order (but then it would read like pulp Fiction) without reading the other categories you may not want to read -- as they can be seen as 'self contained'.

B) In chapter order with insight to recurring characters and overall view of 'The Block'

9) Denys Patrique is pronounced 'Den-iss Pat-rick'.

-Chapter One-

"Come on El Cerebro Chaquito take it like a man!"

Words that Anthony 'Tony' Davila was very familiar with came from the mouth of his brother Pablo Luis Davila Jr., 'Junior' as he beat him.

"Do you want one black eye or two?"

Tony hated that his brother twisted a line from his favorite cartoon into a taunt used to inflict pain upon him as he beat him. Tony hated Pablo and the annual abuse that he heaped upon his brother 'chiquito' ever since their madre Julia Silvia died of uterine cancer five years ago when he was thirteen and his brother was fifteen -- Junior and his padre Pablo Sr. blamed him for her death.

"None!" He screamed at his aggressor.

"Too bad, two it is!"

This was not how Tony hoped his eighteenth birthday day would end, but it did -- after getting beat for the last half decade on this 'special' day...while laying on the floor in front of his borracho padre (who laughed and encouraged 'Junior' as he beat his younger son), he decided that he could finally get the fuck out of Huntington Park* and take up his tio Guadalupe (his mom's younger brother) offer to move down to Morellia, Michoacan* in Mexico.

A few days later it was his personal July 4th and September 16th all rolled into one. It was Thursday at eleven P.M. when his padre was passed out in his Lay-Z Boy* and 'Junior' was asleep in his bed - Tony grabbed his three duffle bags and knapsack, then headed out the front door of the house...when he got outside he dropped the bags and pulled out a medium sized toiletry bag from the knapsack extracting the switchblade knife, two plastic squeeze bottles of sugar, and two one quart bottles of 10W-30 motor oil. He proceeded to slash the air stems on the tyres on Senior's and Junior's Chevy Silverado trucks, then filled the gas tanks with the sugar, and finally pouring the oil in the radiators -- he finished just as his tio - Sterling (his mother's sister's husband) pulled up in a car he didn't recognize.

"Tio, what kind of car is this?"

"Well sobrino, it's a 1976 Ford Mustang II Cobra II* made in Mexico City -- where I actually bought it, and it's your personal escape vehicle and b-day gift.from me and your tia Sandra."

"Wow it sure is cool looking, I've never seen one before."

"It's a resto-mod I have been working on ever since your birthday after tu madre died."

"Awesome! Gracias!"

"So now we're going to my place to drop me off, have some café and then you can say 'adios' to me, and mi esposa and start your journey to Mexico."

Ten minutes later they pulled into Sterling's drive way in South Gate* and Sandra ran out of the front door...yelling --"mi sobrino!" and gave him a biiig hug.

"Hey tia, thanks for helping."

"Sin problema, what's with the shiners?"

"My annual b-day gift from mi pendejo brother."

"So sorry Anthony, café?"

"Si."

"Uno o dos?"

He knew that his tia meant her special calavera shaped sugar 'cubes' which had like triple the amount of azucar as compared to a regular sugar cube. She had picked up a 'mini' sugar skull shaped mold a few years ago at a Day of the Dead weekend in Bell Gardens* at John Anson Ford Park* and since he needed the energy to start his trip to Mexico...

"Dos, please."

After filling the large to go insulated mug emblazoned with an Octavio Ocampo calavera* they sat and talked, he told them of his plan to stop in San Ysidro* to sleep for a few hours and head into Mexico and continue his trip to Morelia

"Your tio Lupe isn't in Michoican anymore, he moved to the D.F. (Distrito Federal)* after his epsosa Estella died last year, I thought he told you."

"It's fine, I'll just call him when I get to TJ (Tiajuana)*"

He finished the first cup of café and as she prepared another one he went to the bano -- when he got out his cup was ready and she handed it and a dozen azucar skulls in a baggy, then he hugged and kissed her and hugged his uncle."

"Muchos thanks for todo."

"No problemo nephew," his tio said as Tony headed out the front door

He headed to the 710* south and decided to stop in Irvine* then Carlsbad* for more gas, coffee, and food before he got to San Diego County and slept.

--Chapter Two--

[Four Years Later]

Tony had got a call from his tio Sterling that his padre Pablo had died due to cirrhosis of the liver and was to be buried in the family plot in Commerce*, at first he wasn't going to go, but since he hadn't visited his mom's grave since he left SoCal he decided he would get there late and hang in the background until the graveside service was over...not that anybody would have recognized him.

He had developed up his muscles like Bruce Lee after taking up various martial arts, tatted up with Goth band logos and claveras. The first one was a three inch calavera with his madre's name and years of life over his corazon which he got on what would have been her birthday the year after he arrived in Mexico. Not that you could have seen them under his black duster that he wore due to the rain or his black shin-length jorts.

After it was all over and the crowd started to thin out, his tia Sandra saw him and tapped his tio on the shoulder and indicated with her head that he was standing underneath a tree, Tony nodded to them and sent him a quick text so they would wait there until after Junior left and he would come over to them -- unfortunately Junior heard his tio's notification and looked up and turning around saw Tony standing by the tree...

"Who the hell are you puto?"

He stood there stone still.

"I said who the hell are you, this is a private affair asshole"

Junior was the spitting image of his borracho padre - drunk, out of shape and red of nariz.

"I'm just a nino here to visit another grave, pendejo" Tony finally spoke in a flat monotone voice.

Junior squinted for a minute..." El Cerebro Chaquito?"

"Si, si es me, brother."

Junior got angrier and stalked towards him, "this is all YOUR fault -- you killed our madre and our padre," pulling off his suit jacket and rolling up his sleeves, "get ready for a beating!"

He calmly took off his hat, put his shades in it, then took of his duster and pushed up his long sleeves saying "bring it puta!" giving him the 'bring it' hand gesture...what Junior and his tia and tio saw was a inked up almost six foot bald man looking ready to kill.

He only got to him and suddenly Junior was hit in the stomach by a right and as he stumbled back falling on the wet ground he was kicked in the balls and then before he could get up Tony was standing over him saying "one or two?" and without waiting for an answer gave him two black eyes "if you EVER speak to me again panocha, I'll make you regret it, now get up and get the fuck outta here.

Junior got up and stumbled over to his coat almost falling when he picked it up but then continued to his truck wobbly, to lie down in the cab until he was able to drive home. Tony calmly picked up his duster putting it back on then his fedora (after putting his shades in a pocket) then walking over to his stunned aunt and uncle who were standing by his madre's grave.

"Oh mi sobrino," she said as she hugged and kissed him, while she did this Sterling said "what the hell dude, when did you get jacked and the style?" feeling his arms.

"After getting to the D.F. and becoming a barista/bartender at Bizaro Cafe* then I hit El Chopo* every week for new stuff."

"And the hair?"

"I started losing it when I was twenty due to Alopecia, so I decided just to shave my head."

They stood at his madre's grave talking a bit, he was going to be in town for a few days before heading to Las Vegas to see Prayers* at a place called Misery in Downtown.

---Chapter Three---

The band had just finished their first set when Tony went over to the bar and saw Angela Taylore sitting alone.

"Would you care for an imbibment senorita?"

"Yes, yes I would a 'Bloody Sunrise' please."

"A que?"

"It's a house specialty, a tequila sunrise with extra grenadine - very sweet."

"Well that sounds muy interesting, bartender, two 'Bloody Sunrises' por favor."

"Yes senor, right away."

"Where you from 'Cowboy Grim Reaper'?

"I'm out of the D.F. (Distrito Federal) in Mexico, but originally from H.P. (Huntington Park), SoCal -- and tu bonita?"

"B.G.."

"Wow what a coincidence, I was just in Commerce visiting my madre's grave."

"Will you be in town long?"

"Sadly no, I have to get back to Mexico the day after next to work."

"Cowboy I'm Angela, and I'm Major Domo to Denys owner of this nightclub."

"My nombre is Tony, wait did you say 'Denys' as in Denys Patrique Ryan of Misery Machine and Misery Loves company?"

"One and the same, he owns this fine establishment and also performs here sometimes with his wife Dawn and Chris 'Magenta' Summers."

"You mean 'Magenta Dawn'?"

"Yupperz."

"I watch their videos on line, do you guys do 'Gothtober' here?"

"But of course, plus Halloween is Denys' birthday and November first is their twins birthday as well, so we go all out that last week."

"So it looks like I know where I'll be this year at Halloween."

They talked a bit more before Prayers came back on, and since that set closed out the night, he wished her 'good night' and said he would be back in October -- she gave him her business card with her personal phone number written on the back."

"Call me when you know what day you're coming on and we can do lunch next door at Death by Dawn, Dawn's Goth Gastropub."

"Are you free tomorrow for lunch, senorita?"

"Deffo, meet me there at eleven forty-five."

"Until manana my Bonita Angelica."

[The next morning]

Angela had ordered a Death by Dawn for them to split and a pair of pumpkin cinnamon ciders to drink (as she discovered that he was Ubering and Lyfting).

"So, how long have you been slinging brews and cafes at Bizaro Café?" Angela wanted to know more about this good looking bald man and passively headhunting for Denys' next endeavour -- a coffee shop.

"A little over four years, but I've been thinking about my own shop for awhile now."

"Coffee or booze?"

"Café, mi tia Sandra made the best coffee with pioncillo."

"It's too bad Denys had to fly to L.A. for a meeting, but when you come back in October we can meet and discuss a plan he has that may interest you, senor."

----Chapter Four----

[A fortnight before Halloween in Denys' office at Misery]

"Well Tony, Angela here says you're thinking about opening a coffee shop -- is this true?"

"Si, I am Denys -- I've saved about a hundred twenty-five thousand dollars and I am looking at places in the D.F.."

"From what I hear, it sounds like the Goth themed café market is almost getting oversaturated," stated Angela matter-of-factly "do you fancy a 'Sin City' opportunity by chance?"

"That sounds muy interesante, tell me mas."

"I'm thinking about opening a Goth themed coffee shop next door and was thinking about going in as partners with you, and then you can eventually buy me out."

"I have a small chisme, I want to theme it and name it."

"What theme and name," asked Angela.

"A mix of Goth and Dia Del Los Muertos, and the name 'Death by Kafe'"

"I could work with those terms, what about a menu?"

"And what about food offerings?" Added Angela.

"I'm thinking Mexican/Latin America inspired coffee flavours, Mazapan shaped into Calaveritas, and an assortment of Mexican and other Latin American pan, with year 'round Pan de Muerte and Rosca de Reyes every year for Three King's Day in January."

"Lemme talk with Angela about some things and we'll meet again on Monday, out of curiosity where are you staying?"

"I'm staying at The D* for a few days and then I was going to look for another hotel -- maybe Binion's Horseshoe*"

"I tell you what, I have a guest house in back that you can stay in for free and you can save money."

"Muchas gracias Denys, that sounds like a plan, and if I may be so bold, can I take you to dinner tomorrow night at Mi Lindo Michoacan* Angela?"

"Yes, senor Tony, how does eight-thirty sound?"

"Bueno, where can I pick you up?"

Angela gave Tony her address and they shook hands and he kissed her right hand," Until tomorrow senora Angelica Bonita."

The next night he pulled up to her door in his rental 1956 Chevy Nomad.

"Quite a set of wheels senor."

"It's my fav carro after my 1976 Mustang II, if I move here I'm going to ask the rental place owner to sell it to me."

"You mean Robbie Fry over at Fry's Kustom Kar Rentals?"

"Si, Angela." She had an idea if he would agree to coming to Las Vegas and would have to talk to Robbie when said yes to the plan for the coffee shop.

As they ate their dinners they each had Chilaquiles con huevos, chorizo and queso with virgin margaritas, he asked about the lack of a senor for her.

"I've been busy with setting up Misery and then recently the rest of 'The Block, so it's been hard on my dating life, after breaking up with my last boyfriend"

"Well for the next two weeks or so would you like an itinerant Mexican Guapo Principe?"

"That would be lovely, senor Charro Muerto".

So for the next two weeks they met almost every day either going out to eat or at Misery, then the Sunday before Halloween week..."

'Mi Charro Muerto..."

"Si, my beautiful Bonita Aneglica?"

"I know you came out here for vacay, but do you think you could maybe bartend for this coming weekend? We had a girl get hurt in a car crash and could use the help."

"Sin problem, my Corazon."

"Great, we'll get your required cards tomorrow and we'll pay you twice your regular pay."

[Thursday Halloween week]

Tony was sitting in the Ryan's breakfast nook enjoying the coffee he had been preparing/sharing with the Ryans, Angela, and any other members of 'The Block' family who may be visiting (the house was like the 'offices' for 'The Block'). In the almost two weeks he had been a 'guest' at the Ryan house, he met the other owners of the stores (the Ruofs and the Summers -- as well as the kids of the owners).

Denys and Angela sat down in the nook with Tony, Denys across from him and Angela next to him...

"So Tony, are you ready to sign the lease for Death by Kafe?" Asked Denys.

"Si Denys."

Angela slid over the contract to him and Tony started to read it...

"So after five years I can sign for an additional term in increments of five years, am I reading this right?"

"Yes, but if after the initial five years you feel it's going well we can up it to ten years if you want to," answered Angela looking hopeful.

"Sounds good to me mi Bonita Angelica" he got to the end of the contract and then he signed then passed the paper over to Denys who also signed.

"Welcome to The Block family, Tony" he said as he shook his hand.

"Gracias El Jefe, this is a fine familia to join," he said as he gave him a hug after their handshake, then he gave Angela a bigger hug as she whispered in his ear 'thank you for joining mi Charro Muerto."

He switched sides and hugged her again and whispered in her ear, 'de nada mi Angelica Bonita."

It was a good thing Tony said yes, as Misery was busier than it has been the last few years and when he returned to the D.F. he put in a thirty day notice at work and began to pack his apartment. He had Christmas dinner at his tia and tio's house and thanked them for all they did for him the last four years and on the 27th he attached the Mustang II to the back of the U-HAUL* truck and headed for Sin City.

He arrived three days later heading back to The Ryan compound where he was met by the Ryans and Angela.

"Nice '76 Mustang II Cobra Tony, is it the Mexico City version?"

"You have a keen eye and/or a good guess; I got it as a regalo when I left H.P. for Mexico after turning eighteen and ditching mi familia there."

"It looks like it could use a refresh on the paint job; I'll tell my buddy Robbie at Robbie's Kustom Kars...she slings a mean paint gun."

"Thanks, El Jefe and I can talk to her about selling me that black and red 1956 Chevy Nomad next year."

"Since you're looking at that sweet Nomad, may I suggest the same paint job on the Mustang II," Angela suggested.

"Great idea, mi Corazon," she missed him calling her that and those butterflies that had been gone since he left were back.

-----Chapter Five-----

[New Years Evil at Misery]

All the usual suspects had gathered - the Ryans (Dawn and Denys), the Summers (Chris and Lola), the Ruofs (Bobby and Colleen), the Taylores (Angela and her brother Marty), and now the new guy Tony Davila.

Music was provided by a finely curated selection of 'The Darquest Tunes' leaving them to mix and mingle with the crowd and dance at the closing of the old year with a recording of Mark Massive and Misery Dawning playing 'All the Madmen'

As they swayed together Angela and Tony kissed and held each other closely, he lifted an errant lock of her hair that had escaped her hair band and tucked it behind her left ear.

"My Corazon..."

"Yes, my Charro Muerto..."

"Will you be my one and only novia, por favor?"

"Always, my Mexican Guapo Principe."

They kissed at the start of their upcoming new life and year together

------Chapter Six------

[6 Months later - June Sixth]

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls welcome to the grand opening of Anthony's Death by Kafe, the latest and last tenant of 'The Block, he joins Chris and Lola Summers down at the end with To The Nines, Dawn, Marty Taylore, and myself with Death by Dawn and the original place Misery and Bobby and Colleen Ruof at 'Toons und Tunes"

"For today only all establishments are offering twenty-five percent off your purchases and for every twenty-five dollars spent after the discount you will receive a chance to win a Prize package including tickets to our inaugural Gothfest next year featuring Broken Peach*, and prizes provided by all shops on 'The Block' announced Denys, "and now Anthony 'Tony' Davila."

"Muchas gracias Jefe, Senors and Senoras, Senoritas and boys y girls...I am offering a wide range of beverages based on Mexican and Latin American traditions such as our main specialty café Death by Pioncillo, our dark roast Mexican blend with pioncillo a Mexican brown sugar as perfected by my late tia Sandra. Also we are handing out a free sample of our signature Calaveras de Azucar or our skull shaped sugar cubes that are equal to three normal sugar cubes -- also inspired by my aunt."

SatyrDick
SatyrDick
53 Followers
12