All Comments on 'Territory Manager'

by Gumbo25

Sort by:
  • 117 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoy your writing. However, personally I thought your approach to how he responded to his wife's infidelity with his manager and the resultant cuckolding him, reflected a timidity that isn't consistent with his personality. My life experiences would have had him more aggressively addressing her infidelity. That's just my take. Regardless, enjoyed your writing and gave a 5 star. Keep writing. Look forward to future reading.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 1 year ago

Uncomfortably long but well written

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

“She did not have the discipline or intellectual capability to resist him.“

So, he was married to a child who had no agency?!?

I hate it when LW authors write that it’s all the other man’s fault. That’s absurd. If a woman is capable of choosing to marry, then she is capable of choosing to be faithful!

ZK

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

pretty good but very long, interesting though I did skip 2, 3 and 4. His own busines actually lost his own 200K, good thing he sold out.

AllNigherAllNigherabout 1 year ago

Anonymous 1 month ago... commenting on “She did not have the discipline or intellectual capability to resist him.“... agreed i was going to comment on that too. It's like people think women are not competent enough to manage their lives....

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Great little Femdom agitprop story. The cuckold trades up, cheater down. My attention never flagged from this tight, well-written tale.

waltdeewaltdeeabout 1 year ago

A little long but the story was well-woven. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

“She did not have the discipline or intellectual capability to resist him.“

-

I took that to mean he figured she was both immature and naive enough to fall for the crap Dobler fed her.

Obviously, we can't disagree that Dobler lied up a storm, he just buttered her up so much that the truth managed to slide right off of her.

Our MC is saying that Crystal was a nice person but some of the things she did and said leading up to her divorce seem to indicate otherwise.

Funny thing is she seems to think she *was* immature without realizing she still *is* immature.

deependerdeepender10 months ago

Many LW stories, including this one, contain a common plot device: at some point, the MC starts telling the reader about his misgivings instead of telling his wife. And then he gets all concerned about his wife talking to another male about her misgivings regarding him. He's gets pissed at her for doing exactly the same thing that he is doing with us.

Just_WordsJust_Words9 months ago

When I read "She deserved to be with someone like Gordon" I thought "Yep!" Then a cheat proves to be stupid, too. Good story.

LoejtcLoejtc4 months ago

A long story with a rather weak storyline.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Probably alone in this feeling but I feel a little sorry for Crystal. She was targeted by a expert predator whoe was also her boss. Due to her ghost she could not be alone for any length of time and her boss made sure she woud be alone for long periods. Too bad she ended up with an asshole. Happy ending for our hero and that'sm a good thing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Very good story with 2 exceptions.

First is this nonsense of "not being sure she's cheating. The man's sock.under the bed puts paid to her betrayal. Moreover, since she never came home, strike 2. Not being supportive of her husband and removing intimacy. Strike three. Thus this business of not being sure undermines the MC thus weakening the story. Next issue. His business is expanding by leaps and bounds but it's not making money? In this business the books would watched like a hawk.

Crystal should have been fired. She really isn't very bright and shaper replacement eaily found.

Still, for such a good story I was able to set that aside. I do wish that writers would take note of this

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Deepender, the readers aren’t people on the story. Your comparison is ludicrous

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Good story! F’ing Salesforce! Lol. 28 years with a fortune 50 company in SoCal and now my territory from Spokane to Libby Montana. Started my career in street sales and ending it that way, as all the mgmt positions I’ve held were replaced by sales and marketing dashboards. What a difference from 28 yrs back. All of us, in sales, spend half our day typing in stupid, irrelevant sales plans. Moral sucks, sales are constantly stagnant and the company spent millions on their “premium” sales suite. I feel particularly bad for the younger generation joining the team. Just about anyone could make more money opening their own online business.

Story wise, I’ve read 4 of yours so far, and they all seem to follow a too familiar plot line. Wondering if you’d consider writing a husband character that isn’t so indecisive? Your writing skills are certainly top-notch. Maybe a hubby who knows how to hire a PI or something. In this one, for example, finding the sock, saying in MCs own words how it raised the red flag, he just puts it in a bag and heads back to Montana. It’s your story, but suspension of disbelief went on holiday to Maui after that. His thoughts and actions didn’t sync or coalesce. Only your well tuned writing ability kept my interest from that point forward.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

how much research did the author do for this story ?? a lot of knowledge about sales in general and even telling us the cedar school was real . tossing in his comment about the office too . 5 stars !!

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

Clueless, stupid characters tend to make your stories boring. EVERYONE knows what is coming except your clueless characters. Yawn.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous