All Comments on 'TGI Chronicles Pt. 1 Ch. 08'

by GaryAPB

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Sound Advice?

Almost all will tell you so but everyone IS different and it may not be the role for Tim and Beth. But he has to find out what motivated her. In Ken's case it is ego and I think that is the driver for the perenial cheater but Beth??? We just don't know. It's possible she may never cheat again. But without more information who's going to bet on her?

Counseling sounds even better.

I still like the writing even though we're awfully slow getting there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
still gripping

this is still a powerful story, because Tim is a believable character and because his feelings of betrayal and pain are beautifully depicted, along with his wrestling with the future.

However, the tale is taking an awfully long time to spin itself out. And Beth's unwillingness to face what she's done and talk about it continues to loom as the central issue.

I assume and hope that the author will get to this soon, and lead us to whatever resolution he has in mind.

By the way, to me one of the most painful aspects of the story is Beth lying to him about the affair after he first sees her with Ken--spinning that ridiculous tale about how she was just sunbathing, etc. She gets Tim to feel guilty for having accused her falsely--then the next morning the truth comes out. Her lies the previous night make the whole thing so much worse.

A really good story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
What?

Yes .It is true. I am reading a day-date scheduler, not a story. Who gives a damn if they can get lunch on Tuesday or a meeting on Friday or whatever. Stick to the story and worry less about the damn time line. I know you will take a few hits from the monkeys if you don't have everything lined up exactly but that is better than boring us with the babble about who, what ,where and when.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 18 years ago
good story but leave the minutae out!

You are inundating us with useless trivia! Keep to the story! I don't care who can help whom when, I DO care about why his "friends" accepted a dinner date with Beths parents, especially knowing what they know and not wanted tobe involved. Seems like they are ready t change sides again!.

Keep writing but more the bloody plotline along a but more briskly!

regards

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Getting far to long

and rather boring. How many more chapters before it gets down to the part of why Beth won't tell Tim of the specifics of her affair.

The story has become rather likened unto a soap opera. Unless the storyline (cheating,discovery,confrontation, the aftermath, and whether they remained apart or got back together) has some relevence to his job, promotion, and relationship with Phil and Denny, who cares? For example the long diatribe between Tim and Phil with the simple asking of Phil to help Tim move. Damned near a quarter of a page page of that. I must admit that I looked forward daily for a fresh chapter. As of late I have been slowly recognizing that the story has been slowly becoming stagnated with a constipation of thought and a diahrrea of words.

Excellent writing so far but i did not know it would evolve into endless serial bullshit with nothing to do with the storyline except to have the same name.

When the last chapter plays out, post it as such and as in the case of a soap opera that you have missed 10 episodes, you can catch up on what you have missed in two paragraphs.

Basically, this chapter could be summed up in two catch sentences. "Tim prepares to move out. Ken's wife plots with Tim on her ultimate revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Puts it in perspective

Unlike most of the people who comment, I like reading about the other parts of his life and how they are affected by her affair. Jean's revenge options are SPECTACULAR. What a way to cut off his balls without touching them.

Jorel1455Jorel1455over 18 years ago
More of the Same

It is a good story But.

It seems like your are deliberately writing trivial short parts to piss off all your readers. Many others have had the same sentiment as I - you are a good writer but this so far, falls under 'Soap Opera' not Literotica. If you do not stop presenting so many trivial details, you are going to lose some of us.

cageyteecageyteeover 18 years ago
I have waited (impatiently) for each installment

I have waited (impatiently) for each installment of this story and I'm looking forward to more.

I have said many times before, our characters are flawed. If they weren't, we would have nothing to write about.

Can you imagine what a boring story it would be if all the characters did exactly as they should and no one made an error and everything worked out perfectly for everybody?

Thanks for creating your characters, flawed as they are. I have enjoyed reading about them and I hope to continue to do so.

Landrious1Landrious1over 18 years ago
Intrguing story

I've just read all 8 installments of this story and must say I look forward to the rest of it(soon hopefully) The character developement is very good and I love Jeans Ideas for revenge. Kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
has tim stopped crying, yet?

Tim's been tellin' us mostly his "pain" and "tears" and such, with promotion, in addition to deep philosophical ponderings with friends and colleagues (loved it when he, for instance, asked Denny:

Well, what else did she say?, tell me, tell me, so I could more quickly make up my mind! --- when Denny, after her first or second meetings with Beth, ALREDY told Tim, FALTLY, he should "drop" Beth,,, who's Denny's friend, yes, because from Denny's view her friend did not deserve Tim; and Denny should know more about Beth than Tim!

This is not a Beth or Tim "problem" --- not even a cheating problem any more; it's the author's aimless meandering, not sure what to make of Tim, of Beth, of Jean, of Ken, et al. If the author were decisive, he/she would have *conveyed* some of that decisiveness to his badly treated main charater(s), esp. Tim, who was badly mistreated and who has had the readers sympathy for quite a while now; but the way the author's been going about this, Tim's not even a sympathy-worthy guy any more. He's really just enjoying too much wallowing in his "tears" and "hurt",,, that's masochism.

In "real life" if your spouse cheated on you and not regretful/sorrowful of such deeds and was also not willing to explain clearly why he or she might have done such heinous thing to you and your marriage/partnership -- and what they maintain was, "Let's go on with our new future; don't make me suffer again in flashbacks those terrible fucking sessions I've had with those men/women outside of our marriage,,, You KNOW I will NEVER do those things again," blah, blah,,,,, An intelligent, serious, and decisive person would say: "Okay, this person, despite my inexplicable love for him/her initially, does NOT deserve me and I should invest my time, resources, and love elsehwere"

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
Nice

Nice srory but seems to be going alittle slow now. Ant there is not nearly interaction between Beth and Tim

shangoshangoover 17 years ago
Huh?

"I felt she was a bitter and unhappy woman....." And he's sweetness and light? He's just a cry-baby wimp who can't commit to a course of action! Your male lead stinks on liquid nitrogen.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
WHATS THAT SMELL?

For your hero a breath of fresh air. Maybe his talk with Jean will get his head out of his ass!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it again

Five stars. Back in form.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Good Advice

Even conceding that Beth isn't Ken, you can't ignore the parallels between Ken's pleas to Jean and Beth's pleas to Tim.

And we can all see how THAT turned out!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wow, nice development

Congrats. Great development. Four out of five. I really like Jean's revenge and how Tim gets involved. Very good imagination. I didn't see that coming at all. This story is developing slowly and there isn't much sex but I'm really enjoying it. Cheers Steve

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Tricks And Treats A Comin'

This is beginning to look like some sort of ridiculous plot nonsense is going to be unleashed on us to accept that Beth is less culpable than she is being made out to be. I hope it's not kidnapping or royphenol or mommy and daddy spanked her too hard when she was a little girl. I am tired of most of these psychological excuses.

At any rate, one thing that is starting to get annoying with this character development is the rather glib manner of the husband's acceptance of divorce while at the same time making all sorts of concessions to the wife and her feelings.

The poor thing!! It must have tough on her, the stress of all the hijynx of carrying on an affair!! When I read that I knew this author was from a very foreign land.

If this self-absorbed, spoiled cheatin' bitch of a wife can't tell her very own husband why this affair happened in the first place then I say: Curb.

bayernpeter1bayernpeter1almost 7 years ago
Now its only laughable!!!

Thats amazing how you try to give your protagonist some balls!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Best Chapter Thus Far

Transfering the Bentley to Tim is poetic justice.

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 6 years ago
Finally a decent chapter

I’m still on the roundabout but it is a bit more interesting now driving a Bentley.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Re: Jean

Why do so many of the characters in LW stories act like the Catholic Church (and many other organizations)? You know, "we've got a predator here and we'll just move 'em along to the next situation and keep quiet and if he does it again, well we can't expect to protect the whole world can we?"

Am I being too harsh? Isn't Ken in the market for another moneyed woman to disappoint?

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Maintaining that Bentley may end up being more expensive than his divorce. Talk about a poisoned chalice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bitter? For sure she is bitter, she took back a cheater and got cheated on again. Guess what lies in your future if you take your slut wife back?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Now I would have opted for the paint stripper and petrol [gas for our North American cousins!] Kick a man when he's down...Bet ya!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written but - too long, got bored, lost interest in the characters EXCEPT for Jean!

Ocker53Ocker539 months ago

Yes Beth was innocent, she is the real victim, it was the big bad wolf Ken who was at fault. What bull 💩

oldtwitoldtwit3 months ago

Oh I like Jean

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

More of interested in Jean and in his work than I am in him and Beth.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGaryAPB@GaryAPB
858 Followers
Happily married for over 30 years, now semi-retired

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories