Thank God it was a Near Miss!

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Finally on the last voicemail she said, "Luke, our wedding is three weeks away. Please Luke, you have to talk to me and get this straightened out. I love you Luke and I am so sorry about what I did and that I hurt you. I hurt me too Luke because I can't lose you. I've learned my lesson and will never, ever cheat on you again; but please Luke, don't throw away our love. We need to move past this and get married!"

Luke just about puked at that one, but he did realize that he owed it to her and especially to her parents, to have a final discussion with her about cancelling or at least postponing the wedding. He did love her and was still trying to wrap his brain around dumping her forever, vs perhaps starting over with her again. Either way, the wedding in three weeks was definitely a no-go.

As he thought about calling her, he heard Todd's front doorbell ring. Luke was surprised to see Molly standing at the door, so he let her in and she quickly hugged him and said she had heard what happened and she was so sorry. As she released him and backed up, he took a good look at her. She was dressed in the shortest shorts he had seen, so tight that he could see a camel-toe impression of her pussy. She had on a sleeveless t-shirt, and no bra, and her 35-inch bust was pushing hard against the cotton fabric with her stiff nipples pointed up and out, begging to be released.

Luke sighed, "Molly, lets step out back in the yard and talk," as he lightly put his arm around her waist and led her to the picnic table behind the house. "So, did Willow tell you what happened and did she tell you the truth?"

"Luke, Willow loves you so much and she is hurting so badly right now. She is destroyed thinking that she hurt you and thinking that a meaningless little fling with that scum Dennis could destroy your love for her and the future you two should have together.

"Luke, I'm here on her behalf to make it up to you. She wants you to have your last single fling too so you can feel like things are even and you can both go into the wedding with no bad feelings about each other! I'm here at her request to "fuck your brains out" and leave you lying in a puddle knowing that you have been more than equally repaid. And Luke, I'm really looking forward to this!"

With that Molly licked her lips and squished her breasts between her arms and gave him a look that could melt ice in the freezer. But she had read the situation totally incorrectly.

Inside Luke was seething that Willow had the audacity to send Molly to fuck him and feel that everything would be even and everything would go back to how it had been a few days ago. He was also incredibly disappointed in Molly, that she would go along with this idea, but apparently, she loved to fuck and was down for it.

Luke looked at her, and smiled as he hid his inner feelings. "Molly, let me grab us a few beers and I'll be right back." Luke walked off, trying to think about how he might use this to his benefit. As he retrieved the beers, sat down and took a big cold swig of the crisp lager, he had an idea that he would try on Molly.

"Molly, I don't think you and I fucking right now fixes my problems. One big problem I have is that my court case is only a few weeks away, and I'll probably end up in jail either before or after the wedding. And, the honeymoon is shot because I was told I can't leave town. You heard about the assault charges and what I did to Dennis and his car, right?

"Oh yeah, you really went all Rambo from what Willow said. You really freaked her out. No one could imagine you exploding in anger like that. That just isn't you!"

"Yeah, I let my pain and anger get totally out of hand. But maybe you and Willow could help me."

"Whatever she can do she will, and I'm there for you too!"

"Well Molly, how about this. My attorney offered Dennis a settlement where I would pay his out of pocket for the car and the hospital bills if he would drop the charges. He basically told my lawyer to fuck off. But maybe you or Willow could convince him to accept the offer. Maybe if you were willing to fuck his brains out, he could be convinced to drop the charges. That would really help me out. Think you could do that Molly? If Willow has a problem with that, then maybe she does love Dennis and we are through anyway. What do you think?"

"God, I'd much rather fuck you than that scum Dennis, but if it helps get you and Willow back together again, then yeah, I'll do it. I've always wanted to see his cock that Willow loves so much!"

Luke cringed at that statement, but God it was so telling. Regardless, he jumped up, gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek and asked her to let him know what happened. With that, he texted Willow and said that Molly was going to fill her in on an idea he had that would really help them move forward, and she should let him know how it worked out."

Willow was at home telling her best friend Linda what had happened and how the wedding was hanging by a thread. Linda and Willow had been best friends since the 4th grade, and Linda felt a huge rush of sorrow for Willow as she told her the story. But she also was really pissed off at her friend. She had gotten to know Luke very well over the last few years, and she thought of him as one of her best friends too!

Linda burst out in anger, "Willow, how the fuck could you do that to Luke? I know you are a bit of a slut but you told me that you would give up having sex with other people when you got engaged. Now you're saying you will when you get married? Frankly, I don't even believe you, how is Luke supposed to?"

"Oh, come on Linda, you know this was just a meaningless little bit of fun to blow off some pre-marriage jitters. I admit I am a bit freaked out by the idea of having sex with only one man the rest of my life, so I did something stupid, but fucking Dennis doesn't mean anything to me. At least that's what I thought until I saw the hurt and devastation on Luke's face; that was soul-crushing!"

Linda could tell from knowing Willow all of the past 15 plus years that she wasn't really thinking that much about Luke, but as usual, only about herself. She was embarrassed that she had been caught, and that Luke had gotten into trouble and hurt Dennis, but she really had no guilt over what she had done. Linda thought to herself, "you really don't deserve such a great man as Luke." But she bit her tongue and at that point, Molly rushed in the front door.

Molly told Willow Luke's plan, and after some debate amongst the three of them they decided to go ahead and try and get Dennis to accept the plan. Willow said, "Molly, you are going to have to be the one to fuck him because Luke would never accept me doing it again!"

Molly, being the sex-loving conscience free person, she was said, "Hey no problem. I'll rock his world!"

Willow then looked at Linda and said, "Well Linda, that means that you have to be the one to fuck Luke so he feels like we are even and I get a chance to convince him that we are both forgiven, our past flings are over, and we can have a great married life! Will you do that for me Linda? I mean, you are my maid of honor and my oldest friend, and I would certainly do it for you if the tables were turned!"

Reluctantly Linda agreed, but only if Dennis was convinced to drop the charges so the wedding would have a possibility of happening.

Within two days, Molly and Dennis had fucked at least a few times, and Dennis had dropped the charges. Willow kept calling Luke and although he still wasn't picking up, she would leave him voicemails taking credit for the plan succeeding and begging him to get back into wedding planning mode and forgive her. She also urged Linda to get going on seducing Luke.

Luke had really been agonizing over what to do. He knew it would be foolish to marry Willow, at least at this point. But he also knew he still loved her at least to some degree, and he missed her, and wanted to be with her. It didn't help either that he felt guilty thinking about the money her family would lose on the Wedding down-payments if he backed out at this point.

"Shit," Luke thought to himself. "I need to call her and get her side of the story and find out why she cheated on me like this." So, begrudgingly, he set aside his anger as best he could and dialed her number.

"Luke, thank God, you called me! Baby, I am so sorry for what you saw and what I did. I want you to know that it isn't anything about you Luke! You are the perfect man for me and I love you so much and want to be your loving wife for the rest of my life. I know you are hurt, but can we just put this behind us and make up and move on with our lives?"

"Willow, I know that isn't the first time you cheated on me. Why did you do it? How many men, how many times? Doesn't my love for you and us being exclusive and now engaged to be married, mean anything to you! I mean what the fuck, Willow, how am I ever supposed to trust you!"

"Luke, yes I am ashamed to say it has been more than once with Dennis, but it was meaningless sex. It was just me saying goodbye to single, carefree living and a variety of sex before you and I get married. I'll never do it again Luke, I promise. I'll only be with you. You are the best thing that's ever happened to be and no other man has made me feel the way you do when we make love. You have nothing to worry about! I've learned my lesson baby! Trust me!"

"That's the problem Willow. I don't think I can trust you. How could you fuck me over like that? How can you say you love me and then go out and fuck someone else? What happens the first time you are bored when we are married. What do I think the first time you come home late without knowing where you have been? I just don't see how it can work!"

"Luke, the sex with other men means nothing to me. I love you and want to be with you. It shouldn't bother you, it's nothing about you and me; it's just recreational sex to get off for the moment and then I come back to you, my love. I come back more horny and more experienced and you get the benefit because I will never deny you anything! Please come home and I'll show you how much I love you and how our life can be!"

"Willow, you aren't helping here. You make it sound like you aren't going to stop. Do you want an open marriage?"

"Luke, I want you. If we decided on an open marriage, it would be perfect for me, but you are what I want and if you say no to that and we marry, I will be yours and yours alone. I swear to you!"

"Willow, you're killing me. You betrayed me and my love for you. I feel like my heart has been ripped from my body and flushed down the toilet. You have me so fucked up right now that when I think about you, I see you with Dennis's cock in your mouth and you telling him to fuck you harder! How's that work for wedding vows? And, how many times? How many others? No matter what you tell me, I'm likely not going to believe you. Damn it Willow, I've got to go before I get exploding mad and say some very mean things to you. I'll call you later. You've given me a lot to think about!"

Luke got off the phone and rushed outside for fresh air. He was so confused. Her comments about an open marriage pretty much told him that there would be no trust, no loyalty, and if she was his wife, she would eventually cheat on him. Not what he wanted from marriage and he couldn't believe he had been so fooled by Willow. With the wedding only a few weeks away, he was starting to open his eyes and see her real character and personality.

As he was spiraling down a hole of anger and depression, he got a call from Linda. "Luke, I'm driving up to Todd's house in a few minutes. Can you come out and take a ride with me?"

He sighed thinking it was yet another pitch to get back with Willow, but Linda had become one of his best friends and he felt a need to share his side of the story and his feelings with her and get her take on it. "Sure Linda, I'll be right out."

He hopped in her car, and as they pulled away from the curve and started driving, he told Linda the whole sordid tale of what had happened, showed her the video and told her how confused and distraught he was in trying to decide a way forward. Linda pulled into a grocery store parking lot and parked far away from the other cars, turned off her car and looked at Luke.

"Luke, I have to tell you a few things so please just listen. First of all, I love you as a friend, and I have the greatest respect for the kind of person you are. Willow is a fool to be fucking around on you; she just doesn't think about anyone but herself and she trusts you will forgive her anything. She asked me to see you and to "fuck your brains out" so that you two would be even!"

"God damn it, Linda. Not you too. I can't believe this!" Luke started to open the car door and Linda yelled, "Damn-it Luke, you said you would listen to me, so please give me a few minutes!"

He nodded, closed the door, looked at her and said, "Okay Linda. Tell me how you are going to convince me that Willow and I are even."

"Luke, I told you that because you had the right to know what Willow was trying to get me to do. But know that there is no way I would do that to you. I respect you; I respect myself, and I respect our friendship way too much to do such a shallow, unethical attempt at getting you two back together. Truth be known, I don't want you to get back with Willow. She will only break your heart Luke and I couldn't stand to see you suffer that way. I have more than feelings of friendship for you Luke, I think I might love you.

"I'm not telling you this to put a move on you; I'm just making sure you understand that you are special and there will be women after Willow, if not me, someone else; that will recognize what a catch you are. I'm telling you this so that you open your eyes up and see what your future could be versus what it will be with Willow.

"Luke, she has been cheating on you for all the years you have been dating, and not just with Dennis. She see's having sex with other people as no big deal, just recreational fun like going for a drink or dancing with someone. She does love you but she will never be able to love you the way you want or the way you deserve because she will never change. She will cheat, lie, and if she is caught, she will assume you will forgive her and she will do it again and again.

"Luke, you have to decide what's right for you, not Willow, not her family, and not the people attending the wedding. Just you. And know that I'll be by your side if you want me to, supporting whatever decision you make."

With that she started up the car and they drove in silence to Todd's house and she dropped him off saying, "Choose carefully Luke and believe that there is someone near who can love you the way you deserve to be loved!" Luke saw her tearing up as he closed the car door and she sped off.

Two hours later Luke was putting the finishing touches on an e-mail, as he pulled up the list of the 100 wedding guests. He entitled the e-mail, "Special Update to the wedding plans of Luke Wallen and Willow Larson."

He wrote:

"Dear friends, family, and wedding guests. Several months ago, we had sent out wedding invitations to you announcing how Willow and I were pledging our undying love and commitment to each other and asking you to celebrate with us our journey forward as lovers, best friends, and husband and wife for life. At least that is how I thought marriage worked, but I have come to find out that Willow has a different view.

As it turns out, Willow favors open relationships, although she never told me that. But I have come to find out that not only was Willow fucking one of my close friends and groomsman, Dennis Long, but she has also been carrying on sexually with a number of other people during the time we were dating and the time we were engaged. Sadly, I caught her and Dennis in the act and have a video recording of it, but I won't debase myself and them by sharing it with anyone. But understand, it is a searing image of betrayal and cheating that I can't unsee. These trysts have not been just kissing and flirting, but full-on intense sex with no regard for anything other than fulfilling her slutty need for a variety of men and sleezy experiences.

It is now pretty obvious to me that Willow doesn't really love me; at least not the way I want and deserve to be loved. I think my life partner should respect me, cherish my love like a precious gift, be open and honest with me, and only give to me the emotional and physical connections that a strong marriage holds dear. It has always been my intent to give that and more to my life partner.

This is obviously not the case with Willow and therefore I have to say with both remorse and relief that the engagement, the relationship and the wedding is cancelled and it will never be. The remorse is losing the person that I would have loved and cherished my whole life, if she had returned the same in kind. The relief is finding out about Willow's idea of what a relationship is before I wasted years of marriage that would ultimately self-destruct through Willow's actions and just delay the heartbreak I now have. Thank God I escaped with a near miss and not a full-blown catastrophe down the road.

I apologize to Willow's family, as I have no doubt, they have no knowledge of who Willow really is and what transpired in the last few weeks to run this wedding train off the tracks. Although it is really Willow that should be apologizing to them and to you all. Her family are good people who welcomed me into their inner circle and I am sorry to break this horrible news to them in this fashion. I am doing this in this way because I believe Willow has to be taught a life lesson on being honest and taking responsibility for her actions, and I don't want to be known as the bad guy who walked away from the marriage, so I felt I had a right and a responsibility to set the story straight.

To those of you in a blessed marriage of love and respect, my admiration for what you have and my hope that I one day will have that to. For those of you not in a relationship, or early in that process, keep your eyes and ears wide open and chose your partner carefully. But once you believe you have found her or him, give them all of your respect, love, trust and commitment!

Sincerely,

Luke Wallen

As you might expect, the shit quickly hit the fan within two days of the e-mail going out. Willow's parents called Luke up yelling and screaming that they were going to sue him to reclaim the down payments on the various wedding arrangements. His response was, "Did you raise Willow to think sex and fidelity were meaningless and not requirements of marriage? Is that how you behave in your marriage and are you proud of the actions Willow has exhibited? Maybe it is you or Willow that should be responsible for the breakdown of the wedding and the financial fallout; but it certainly shouldn't be me."

That seemed to end the argument, at least with her family. Willow left Luke a trove of nasty e-mails berating him for being so immature and stubborn, and arguing that if he really loved her this wouldn't be a stumbling block. However, she was also quick to declare that she didn't want anything further to do with him, as she was so humiliated and embarrassed, she told him to go fuck himself. She lost the respect of family and friends, and instead of anyone looking to date her seriously and enter a relationship, all of her suitors were just looking for casual, recreational sex. Basically, one-night stands. Molly told Luke later that Willow was finally realizing what she lost with Luke and how she traded a life of love for some meaningless sex.

Dennis got his share of sucker punches at various spots around town when he ran into Todd, or one of Luke's friends. He was treated as an outcast amongst his core group of friends and acquaintances and the last anyone heard he had moved out west.