All Comments on 'Thanksgiving with Anna'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

Wonderful story!

5

ender2k2kender2k2k6 months ago

Great story like all of yours. Happy Thanksgiving and thank you

JimmyHuntJimmyHunt6 months ago

Great story 5*

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft6 months ago

A very sweet story to send us all sailing into Thanksgiving with own families. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving! 5*

memorable_eventmemorable_event6 months ago

Excellent story and very believable. Your early description of Thanksgiving with your grandparents and family was exactly the way I remember mine. I grew up on a farm and we raised most of our food and killed hogs and butchered a young steer each fall. Except for the nurse, I could have written this story and it all be true. I'm even a mechanical engineer. Weird but fun to read such a good story. Thank you.

Davester37Davester376 months ago

This is yet another great story! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with those that you hold dear.

As always, thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

J6480J64806 months ago

Top draw, realistic, human and good to read even for an Aussie who doesn't do thanksgiving

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed6 months ago

Thank you for this story. It hits close to home for me and will always be appreciated.

Ravey19Ravey196 months ago

An excellent story. Shame the old ways die out but that is life. In some ways we're much better off, but not in others. 5⛤

t8ntliklyt8ntlikly6 months ago

I remember the same type(s) of Thanksgiving.

BlueFox007BlueFox0076 months ago

Thank you for reminding me of what Thanksgiving was like for my extended family seventy years ago. My wife and I will celebrate with our son’s family this year, and it will be very special. It is very special to be so in love, and to read of others who also are. Thank you for sharing this story. Happy Thanksgiving. 5 Stars.

musicman1261musicman12616 months ago

Another fantastic story!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

OMG. Your stories are great. I am now re-reading all that you have posted. Wonderful

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood6 months ago

Excellent writing. A beautiful story. Really captured the essence of love and of Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wonderful story, 10 stars. If one of Anna's kids was a girl, did she name her Christy? I love your work, Happy Thanksgiving!

bobbycull55bobbycull556 months ago

Well written, as usual. Same plot, as usual. Enjoyable

Hiram325Hiram3256 months ago

You're consistently very good, thanks for another great story.

OldHistoryGuyOldHistoryGuy6 months ago

Fine story, as usual. Thanks for the good cheer.

Happy Thanksgiving!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Very, very good. Five stars!

chick2206chick22066 months ago

I liked your story but object to the following line

"when we get done, all the guys will go into the living room while the girls clean up."

I thought we are a long way away from such thoughts but i guess i am wrong

FandeborisFandeboris6 months ago

Wonderful story. Very entertaining and heartwarming.

@chick2206 As married person myself, I once asked my wife after our Thanksgiving if the “guys” could help, she already had three wives helping as well. I was told in no uncertain terms, she had plenty of help and didn’t want any man in her way while cleaning up. She also gave me kiss and said “thanks”

Maybe we are passed that sort of thing and maybe if a thing isn’t broken, why try to fix it.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirens6 months ago

I enjoyed it. Two nice people who found each other. A heartwarming story. Five well deserved stars!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Another excellent story. Many thanks.

MysticMysteryMysticMystery6 months ago

Awesome story, thank you. 5 stars

OvercriticalOvercritical6 months ago

A genuine feel-good story. If people give themselves a chance they can make anything work. Sometimes you have to do something different from what you're used to, but the "new normal" can be just as satisfying as what others consider normal. 4*

texlootexloo6 months ago

This really touched me. I have been married to just such a woman for 25 years, and our family is still growing. There is nothing better in life than to spend meals with the ones you love, with your best friend by your side.

RasmatRasmat6 months ago

Well done. A very good story with a simple message. Focus on your blessings [mate, family, friends,health, wealth, happiness, etc.], be they many or few. Acknowledge and cherish them and voice your gratitude.

Nasty56Nasty566 months ago

Very nice story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One of the best written, nicely coherent love stories I have read on this site. It was also very sexy and on top of that made an old man feel warm inside again just a few days after Thanksgiving. My wife and I have been married for over 50 years and despite being a bit grouchy love each other very much.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story hope it's true foe you

Luckyguy1965Luckyguy19655 months ago

Great story nicely done 5 stars

ActingupActingup5 months ago

Very sweet, but I really think the guys should be doing the dishes!

Comentarista82Comentarista825 months ago

I really enjoyed this Thanksgiving story, because I think if there is a day that really should be emphasized more, it really is Thanksgiving. I noticed people today are far less thankful for what they have, and yet this story found a way to not only tie in the more traditional kind of Thanksgiving with some more modern kind of Thanksgiving and tied them both together by showing how both are equally just as important because you're thankful for who you're with and you're grateful for what you receive and what you give to another person and that's what matters more many times than just the food and the desserts.

***

The first thing I noticed is that you fully developed the idea of Thanksgiving on the farm with the family that Tom had at that time. You showed the transition well from traditional expectation of Tom becoming a farmer, especially since his dad could see that really wasn't the case, and him becoming a mechanical engineer. Then we see that while there is something lost between the old ways and the new in terms of the personal touch on the food, you show that it's more the company the feelings the thoughts and the people that matter. In both cases you paralleled both experiences to show the differences while appreciating and cherishing both.

***

I loved how you drew Anna and Tom together, and certainly how you used the one baby girl dying as a catalyst to bring them together. We live in a world that sometimes doesn't provide easy explanations as I told you in the one story with Brent and Angela, but he did exactly what a real man needs to do sometimes.. and that's just be there for his woman, or the woman he's hoping to win over. The lovely thing is that even without understanding what he needed to do, he succeeded and he did so without any ulterior motive. So, when Anna shows up on his doorstep dressed casually yet seductively in some way, it's great it takes him by surprise and he's off guard. You'd already shown Anna's willingness to open up simply because Tom was there for her when it mattered the most. Also, it showed more of the let's say traditional consideration in modern form of how Anna helped him when she wanted him to be intimate with her, and that is so unheard of these days, because you have the swipe-left or swipe-right culture, which really puts a lot into the woman's court to where it's pretty much her major advantage to accept or reject guys. The story put both on equal footing, and they really didn't have anyone but each other to turn to anyway.. however, they find a way to help each other in their times of need, and that's just absolutely wonderful.

***

I really have to say I loved how fully developed this was, and nothing felt too contrived nor too convenient, and your story addressed everything it proposed that it would. It's just complete and I really appreciate it, and I'm glad you nailed this one. This one is certainly a hands down 5!

olddave51olddave514 months ago

Great story, heart warming 5 stars

Peapod41Peapod412 months ago

There is an sppealing and undeniably optimistic theme about your body of work

that appeals to the reader. I have read just over 100 of your stories and have enjoyed

each one - some more thsn other. Unlike some writers here, you very rarely repeat

pet phrases or descriptors. It has been a most rewarding journey so far.

DadieODadieOabout 1 month ago

You never fail to entertain me. Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

story TAGS