All Comments on 'That Fine Line'

by SouthernCrossfire

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 4 years ago
A fine line indeed

And a fine tale resulteth. 5 shines gongs for thee.

Vix_GiovanniVix_Giovanniabout 4 years ago

Adorable! What a treat, and well told!

yowseryowserabout 4 years ago

Clever

A lot going on in this short little romp. If only taking advice was this effective. Amusing twist, I sense possible antecedents to a 'geek pride' entry in May.

SyleusSnowSyleusSnowabout 4 years ago

Great fun. Great twist. Reminded me of my own time helping CS students. And yes, you somehow packed a tremendous amount in there.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 4 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

Thanks to everyone for reading and favoriting and special thanks to Spencer, Vix, yowser, and SyleusSnow for your comments. It was a fun little piece to write within the 750 word limit, so I'm glad it came across as intended and that you enjoyed it.

ThatNewGuyThatNewGuyabout 4 years ago
Fun and sweet story

You did a really nice job with the pacing of this story. It's difficult to tell a story in 750 words without it feeling rushed. You have a good feel for how much time to spend on each scene and what details to include or omit. Thanks for sharing!

Davester37Davester37over 3 years ago
Great Stuff

You caught me with “Haying Time,” and now I’m working my way back through your stories. I’m having a great time!

Thanks for writing them, and thanks for sharing your work.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 3 years ago

Short but sweet

Confidence, plus a haircut is all it takes? Lead on, oh Great Mage. Tell us more about how to get into a young half-elven cleric's panties. Thoroughly enjoyed this story.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunalmost 3 years ago

Just noticed this was nominated for a Reader's Choice Award. Really enjoyed how it played out, especially what you managed to accomplish in so few words. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a little gem this story is, and a fun read!

linnearlinnearover 2 years ago

Loved it short and sweet and I did not see that ending coming at all. Wonderful.

WillDevoWillDevoover 2 years ago

☝ That was FUN. 😁

I had the exact same job as him in college, but not quite the same results.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanabout 2 years ago

This was fantastic! It reminded me of "The Gift Of The Magi" by O'Henry. The ironic twist was dead on. And in just 750 words, you had me falling in love with Dani myself.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Fun read.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker5 months ago

Cute. I loved it. 5 stars. The Bear says thank you.

The BEAR

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSouthernCrossfire@SouthernCrossfire
4/4/24 Update: "Crossed Paths," a story of old friends reuniting, was recently published for the Wicked Games challenge, in which everything isn't as it seems. Hope you'll read and enjoy! If you're looking for something older, you might try "The Valentine's Dance," a late 1...