That Girl Next Door Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I guess that I'm settling for an Accord. Please take us to John Eagle."

When they arrived there, she briefly met with a salesman. During the conversation, she lamented her woes from the previous shopping experience.

"Give me a moment," he said. Then disappeared around a corner. Jessica sat in his cubicle for about 4 minutes before he reappeared from the front of the dealership and handed her a set of keys. "Come see what you think about this SUV that I have on the lot."

Jessica walked outside and the salesman pointed her in the direction of a brand new Honda Pilot EX AWD. The burgundy color appealed to her, as did the beige interior. After taking it for a test drive, Jessica gave her father the nod. It wasn't her first choice and it was still a V-6 instead of a V-8. But it had the rest of the features she was looking for and it wasn't garishly ugly either.

As she was driving her newly acquired mobility home, she set the last preset on her radio to 106.9 FM, The Eagle. She turned on the ignition and started the motor, just as a commercial was finishing for a local 'One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning' franchise. As she pulled out of the dealership and onto the street, the opening beats to "Learning to Fly" by Pink Floyd began to play over the airways. She had heard the song many times, but had never paid close attention to the lyrics before...

Into the distance, a ribbon of black,

Stretched to the point of no turning back.

A flight of fancy, on a windswept field,

Standing alone, my senses reel.

Fatal attraction is holding me fast,

How can I escape its irresistible grasp?

Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky.

Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth bound misfit, I!

Jessica was suddenly transported back to the day after her 18th birthday when she had taken that first flight with Jason. Tears began forming in her eyes as the song continued, forcing her to pull to the side of the road and activate her emergency flashers. As the rest of the song played, she felt a stake being driven straight through her heart. Every single emotion that she had felt that day was captured in the lyrics of this one song. Once the song ended, she dried her eyes on the sleeve of her blouse then finished the drive home. She was emotionally exhausted. But she knew that she would be going online as soon as she got home to purchase a copy of that song. It was going to be her ringtone for her cell phone from now on.

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

Jessica's parents had surprised her with the graduation gift that they chose for her. They gave her a gift certificate to 'Carter's Country' worth two grand. Jessica already had her own bolt action.243 hunting rifle that her dad had bought her as a gift. She also had a 20 gauge shotgun for duck hunting season. She thought for a long time and studied the website trying to figure out just how she would spend that much money.

After some time, she decided that she wanted a semi-automatic pistol like her brother owned. But she decided that she wanted a standard 9mm Beretta model 92 instead of the one Jason had that was chambered for.40SW rounds. Her heart swelled thinking of the times that she went out hunting with both her best friend and her brother. 'Soon,' she thought to herself. 'We are definitely, all three of us, going to be back together soon.' And then that was when she spotted the Benelli M4 12 gauge tactical shotgun with the 8 round magazine. 'It may be my money, but I am buying that for Jason! I'm going to start out making him jealous and let him believe that I bought it for myself. But I will eventually be truthful and let him know that it is for him.'

Once inside the store, the salesman that was helping her was fascinated that such a beautiful young woman was so knowledgeable about her choice in firearms. With the two purchases lined up, she still had about $325.00 remaining. He motioned her to the side.

"I've got something that you may be interested in. My son was a police officer who lost his life in the line of duty."

"I'm so sorry," Jessica said as she placed her hand on the father's biceps sympathetically and squeezed gently.

"It was many years ago, so I can deal with it pretty well these days. In fact, I have one of his guns here that I wanted to sell on consignment. But I know that if you take it, it will go to a good home." With that, he reached into the counter and pulled out a Smith & Wesson Model 66 revolver with a six inch barrel. The price tag read $450.00.

"It's very lovely. But I'm afraid that it is more than I can afford."

"Don't you worry about the price. It's my piece on consignment, like I said. I'm quite willing to lower the price so that you can take it home today with your other two purchases." He rang everything up and even threw in three clothe gun cases and several boxes of 9mm along with.357 magnum ammunition for free. 'Lagniappe is always nice,' Jessica thought to herself. He was also happy to help her carry everything out to her car.

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

July 4th was falling on Wednesday this year. So Jessica and Melanie made their plans to go north on Friday, June 29th. Melanie had coordinated with Jason so the plan was for the girls to travel up to Nack that Friday. Then on Tuesday the 3rd, they would all get into the plane and fly back to Satsuma leaving Jessica's Honda Pilot at the airport. Returning on the 5th, Jason would have the rest of the week off including Monday the 9th. Jason would go back to work the following day, Tuesday and the girls would also drive back home then. The plan was for the three of them to go camping July 6-8, then pack up to return to Nack on Monday.

Melanie and Jessica had looked over their original plans carefully. Weighing their options, they realized that the Texas State Park in Rusk was very likely to be more heavily packed and crowded because of the holiday weekend. Just about every public camping area was going to be exceptionally busy because of the holiday, but Boykin Springs was out of the way and not as well publicized or well known. It would be crowded too, but mostly with over the weekend campers. Fewer one-day only users would be likely to show up there. Reservations were made a month in advance with the Park Ranger at Boykin Springs. Jessica's seduction plans were falling nicely into place.

They decided to make the trip to Rusk a one day outing. A ride on the Texas State Railroad was NOT going to be taken completely off of the books. For as long as Melanie had known them, both Jessica and Jason had been crazy about trains. Having the Southern Pacific Railroad passing nearby to their homes had always been an attractive nuisance. Melanie never really understood the attraction, and yet she found herself enjoying the action as well.

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

Mrs. Langston had a mischievous side to her. Of course, being from Texas she would have pronounced that adjective as "Miss-chee-vee-us". When Jason was about 2 years old, she began his indoctrination. Her dearly departed husband had been a ferroequinologist. That is the name assumed by those in the population that have a lifelong love and passion for all kinds of trains and railroading. Roughly translated, it means a person who studies Iron Horses. She and her husband had collected 'Thomas The Tank Engine' videos and toys for their own grand-kids with positive results. Since the Langstons and the Stewarts had adopted each other as family instead of merely neighbors, it was inevitable that Jason and Jessica would receive the same treatment.

And thus at an early age, the two of them learned all about a Television show called 'Shining Time Station' that had aired on the television station KUHT operated on Channel 8 by the University of Houston. The series appeared daily through most of the 1990s. It left the airwaves sometime around 1998 or so. Jason was almost 3 years old when "Thomas and The Magic Railroad" hit theatres nationwide. Jessica was only an infant, but the whole family went to see it just the same. The laser inside the DVD player at home must have nearly burned clean through the disk containing the home version because the kids played it so often. Jason and Jessica could almost recite it line by line.

But when it came down to brass tacks, they both preferred the original series. They both agreed that Ringo Starr was the absolute best at playing Mr. Conductor over all of the other actors who had starred in the role. Their least favorite was Alec Baldwin. Ringo always made Mr. Conductor appear wise and educated. Alec Baldwin made him seem silly and childish, almost like a buffoon. George Carlin did a reputable job, but Ringo was still the best. He just seemed to fit the part better than anyone else.

And so it began. Jason and Jessica both became glassy eyed rail fans. It became an annual event to go to either Rusk or Palestine to ride on the train. Anytime that a special steam excursion passed through town, the siblings were always track-side with their cameras ready to capture some history in motion.

"The Polar Express" was a must-see when it was released. Again, that DVD saw plenty of play time on the home television screen. Of course when the Texas State Railroad began operating their own version of 'The Polar Express', mom and dad were more than happy to be sure that the family was booked on board. Other rail-fan vacations were made to Chama, New Mexico, Durango, Colorado, Chattanooga, Tennessee and other tourist railroad locations. Once Melanie moved in next door and the Three Musketeers were formed, she quickly fell in love with trains as well.

One family vacation was planned in conjunction with Dad's business travel. He was due to attend a two day conference in New Orleans on a particular Wednesday and Thursday. The entire family with Melanie invited, boarded The Sunset Limited from downtown Houston on a Friday and arrived in New Orleans later that evening. They visited several sights like the Audubon Zoo and the French Quarter. They had Coffee and Beignets at the Cafe Du Monde. Mom and the kids stayed occupied riding the streetcars and 'The Natchez' steamboat when Dad had to step away for his business responsibilities. Then the vacation picked up again, until the following Monday when they once again boarded the Amtrak train for the journey home. A memorable time was had by all.

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

So it was decided that in the days leading up to the 4th of July holiday that the Three Musketeers would journey north from Nacogdoches to Rusk and ride on the Texas State Railroad. Jessica and Melanie loaded up the Pilot and made the drive north to Nacogdoches in good time. Jason had already made himself a bed on the sofa so that the two girls could have the bedroom and his queen sized bed. For the first night there, Jason decided on dinner out. He knew that they would be leaving early the next morning for Rusk, so he took the girls to Casa Tomas.

Once they returned home, Jason got out his ever present bottle of 'Angel' wine, recently chilled in the fridge and three glasses. The rest of the evening was spent on the couch with Jason sandwiched in between his girlfriend and his sister while they watched "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" on Blu-Ray. The two girls retired to Jason's bed and he went to sleep on the sofa.

The following morning, Jason was awakened to the sizzle and aroma of bacon in the frying pan. Yawning and blinking his eyes, he was amazed to find Melanie in the kitchen cooking breakfast. Melanie heard the sounds of her beau recovering consciousness and rushed to his side.

"Good morning, darling!" Melanie leaned over Jason and bussed his cheek.

"Ooohhh," Jason groaned. "Who in the hell are you and what have you done with my girlfriend?"

Melanie giggled. "I have no idea what you mean, honey."

"Since when did you turn into a morning person?" He lamented. "You have never been this chipper and bouncy in the morning! You hate getting out of bed just like I do."

Melanie snuggled into his neck and whispered. "Don't worry handsome. I'll be back to my normal grouchy morning self before long. I'm just excited to be here today. The three of us together under the same roof again. We have been separated for so damn long. I'm just excited to have us back to some semblance of normal.

You kissed me goodnight before I went to bed. As I lay there, I began thinking about our future. At the risk of being too forward, I want this feeling for the rest of my life. Jason, I want to be your girl for as long as we both are alive. It should have been you escorting me to prom instead of Harry Butler. He's cute and handsome. I made a lot of girls envious. But he wasn't the man that had captured my heart. It has always been you, babe. Always.

So when I woke up this morning and I was suddenly overtaken with this urge to be all domestic. I've got my boyfriend and my best friend in my home, so I needed to act out the role of 'woman of the house'. And now, if you don't mind, it is time to fry up the eggs now that you are awake!"

"Wait a second there sister! Just what in the hell do you mean by 'your home!'? You're not living here yet. I haven't even mentioned anything about the possibility of us living together. We have kissed and I have had my hand up your shirt to cop a feel, but that is as far as we have gone so far. You're taking an awful lot for granted there, honey!"

"Seriously? Are we really going to have this argument? Look me straight in the eye and tell me that by the second week of the coming semester that you will not have me living here with you instead of in the dorms."

"I...uh...mmm," He stammered. "Hmph!"

"Come on, Jason! Lie to me! I dare you! Tell me that I will be resigned to living in the dorms instead of sleeping with you in your bed. Tell me that I'm not going to be screwing your brains out every single night. Lie to me, you cold hearted bastard!"

Jason sighed, "No, babe. You're right. I'm stupid and you're right. You know how deeply that I love you. I desperately want to get naked with you and make love to you all night long. And once we cross that line, there isn't going to be any turning back. Hell, it is far too late to turn back already. I'm all in. I bought the farm for you.

The first time we kissed. The same day that I took you and Jess up for a flight. I couldn't get you out of my head. I thought about you all the way back up here on that flight home. You claimed me with your lips. I'm totally yours, honey. My heart is in your hands. Name anything, and if it's within my power to grant it, it's yours."

"You should be careful throwing around that word..." she cautioned.

"What word?"

"Anything."

Jason chuckled. "Really? You think that you can break my resolve to spend the rest of my life with you with that one word?"

"I can scare the pants off of you! Right here and right now. Push me and see what happens to you!"

"Hit me with your best shot."

"Fine! Before I let you into my pants and let you pop my cherry, you have to make mad, passionate love to Jess and pop her cherry for her first!"

Jason blanched. All of the blood drained out of his face. He choked. He coughed. As he looked into Melanie's eyes, he couldn't find the slightest hint of hesitation. "Surely, you can't be serious!"

"I am absolutely serious! And don't call me Shirley!"

The humor of the movie quote wasn't lost on Jason, but he was in no mood to laugh right then. "So, that was the plan for this weekend all along. You and Jess have teamed up against me to force me into hurting her."

Melanie read the sorrow, hurt, and humiliation in Jason's eyes and immediately regretted her brash, spur of the moment decision. She quickly crossed to the stove to turn off all of the burners. The biscuits in the oven still had several minutes before they would be finished. She practically ran back into the living room pulling Jason back down onto the couch with her. She cupped his face in both of her hands.

"Babe, listen to me for a second. Jess doesn't know anything about what I just said. What I did just now, that was totally spontaneous in the heat of the moment. So please calm back down." She pulled his face closer and french kissed him briefly. Melanie sighed. "I'm not going to lie to you. There is a plan. It is Jessie's plan, but I am all in with it. Jess told me everything. We are not keeping secrets from one another ever again.

When puberty hit all three of us, we both started hiding things from each other. But that is over and done with now. We straightened it out and we both promised to each other that we wouldn't let it happen again. I made you promise the same thing to me, remember? Jess and I are so much closer to each other now. Closer than you even know. We had a long talk the night of her birthday party. When you and Jess kissed that night, that was both the best part of her birthday and the worst part. She has pined for you for more than six years, Jase. She has probably been in love with you for half of her lifetime or more. Do you understand what that means?"

Jason thought about it for a moment as Melanie paused. Then she continued from where she left off.

"It means that this is not some little schoolgirl crush, Jase. It isn't some passing phase that she is going to grow out of. She is in love with you for real, Jase. Unconditionally. Irrevocably. This thing between you and me? It was extremely easy for her to push us together. She loves BOTH of us just that much, Jase.

Jess and I had been slowly drifting apart, but neither of us were aware of it until that night. We were driving a wedge between us by keeping secrets. I was holding in all of the feelings that I had for you because I thought that I was going to break her heart by confessing that I was in love with you. But I was totally wrong.

She was keeping her own love for her brother secret from me because of the social taboo of it all. She really expected me to freak out, call her every name in the book, and end our friendship over how she felt about her brother. But guess what, she was totally wrong.

And now we come to you. You stupid, stupid man! You honest, noble, open, good hearted man of integrity. The kind of man that every girl dreams of falling for some day. The man she wants to marry and live happily ever after with. Wake the fuck up, dude! You're hurting your sister! You're breaking her heart! Hell, you have reached inside of her chest, ripped her heart clean out, thrown it onto the floor and stomped it to death!"

Melanie choked up and began softly crying. "Stop it with this nonsense! Stop it already! You're hurting BOTH of us! It's killing me too!" Melanie's soft crying turned into full on bawling. "Just...stop."

Jason gathered his girlfriend up in his arms. He held her close and shushed her as he tried to soothe her meltdown. "Ssshhh baby. It's going to be okay. So, the two of you, you both really want this?"

Melanie push away from Jason just enough to meet his eyes and nodded her head indicating the affirmative. She leaned back into him, seeking the comfort of their closeness. "You're really giving in? Just that easy?"

"Yes, I'm giving in and no, not that easy. Jessie has too many people on her side cheering her on for me to continue resisting her charms any longer."

"What do you mean?"

"I had a long heart to heart chat with my best friend, Roe. So add him to the list of people who have blessed this illicit relationship. I never wanted to hurt Jessie. I have always wanted nothing but the best and brightest for her. Until you came along, she was my main reason for living. It always brought me so much joy to see my baby sister smile. My God, when she got out of the airplane all excited after that flight? My heart was bursting with joy and happiness."