All Comments on 'That Summer - Alice's Story'

by MugsyB

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Beautiful

Nothing more needs to be said

luvmemoriesluvmemoriesalmost 16 years ago
wonderful

understanding of older woman/younger man relationship.

mtstorymtstoryalmost 16 years ago
WOW

One of the best story that I read on this site. This story is better than the first part. Thanks

builder216builder216almost 16 years ago
Excellent

Very good. An excellent story for the old Garth Brooks song. Followed it faithfully. It is one of my favorite songs. Now a story to go with it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Refreshing.

It's so refreshing to read a submission

from someone who can construct and pace a story,

create believable characters, punctuate and even spell.

Extraordinarily well done.

michchick98michchick98almost 16 years ago
Holy crap!

There are not enough stars up there and that little thermometer thing just doesn't go high enough to rate this story. I truly wasn't expecting you to write Alice's side of the story, but WOW! And um......WOW!!! Outstanding, superb, stupendous....not enough wonderful words to describe this story. Okay, have I made you blush yet? Well, good. That's what you get for makin' me cry, dammit! LOL.

michchick98michchick98almost 16 years ago
Oh yeah, one more thing....

I will NEVER EVER be able to hear that song again without thinking of either story. It was that friggin' good!

gentilitygentilityalmost 16 years ago
wonderful

To read something this beautiful in a site debased by stories for masturbating kids is truly amazing. It was so sweetly realistic that trading places with EITHER Alice or Eric would be a dream come true. Bravo, author!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
OUTSTANDING ! ! !

You should be rightfully PROUD of this story as it is probably the BEST you have done...It is certainly far better than the majority of works that are posted here. Thank you for sharing your talent with us...

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
great story!

very wonderful story to read. i loved looking at both sides. kudos to you for a great story, and your time and energy to write it. it is a nice surprise to read a well-written, well-paced, and well thought out story. i dont need, and usually dont want to read sex on the first page. it is nice to let the characters develop, with a good story to tell. and that you have done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
A pair of fine stories

How well you write, how well you make us want to know what is happening to your characters. Some tension, some relief, a lot of love. Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
MugsyB - thank you so much

thank you ever so much for your two stories...wonderful, both of them. i don't know what to say... here i am a grown man, sheeesh.. getting older really..*s*.. reading these through and you made me get teary eyed thinking of the feelings that flowed between these two..

and you're so right to end them now even though i would love to keep on reading but that would steal something from them... i loved the ending too.

thank you, MugsbyB for giving me some choice wonderful moments.

charlie

juneau

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Wowed again

Okay so it kills me how he doesn't meet his daughter but I get it. Nothing more is needed. You continue to impress me and everyone else. Thanks for that. Mags

faithful101faithful101almost 14 years ago
Wow again!

I loved this sequel! Although the mechanics of your writing wasn't the main thing that motivated my reading, I was struck with how an accomplished author such as yourself can surround precisely the same dialog with the thoughts of another character and thereby completely change the flavor of my emotional response to it. Mostly, though, I just loved the story. The woman responding just as strongly as the man did made their combined story even more beautiful. And I loved the fact that their wonderful summer together produced a love child who seemed destined to experience similar passion in her own life. And you left us with the wonderful thought that she might someday contact her father, an act destined to enrich his life dramatically . Thank you for making this combined story even more moving than the already wonderful first part was by itself!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
finish it

I enjoyed the read. But there is so many more places for this story to go. Finish it!!!

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
Outstanding story

I just finished reading this story as the last of your posted writings. It is a beautiful story and very well written. But, I must admit that I developed a dislike for Erik, in how he treated the young woman in the first chapter. He knew he had a problem because no woman could compare with Alice and he should have realized that this was because she was his first sexual partner and a very experienced one (lucky guy). There is nothing wrong with how he was feeling, but the manner in which he had sex and then coldly told her it was over did not endear the character to me.

Also, if he was so enamored with Alice (as well he should have been) he should have tried to contact her, which of course would have ruined the ending, although I suspected she was going to get pregnant at some point. We are left to imagine how the daughter will contact Erik, because Alice does not want her to be alone, which assumes there is no family on Alice's side of things.

The other point that bothers me to some degree, although it would have ruined the story line is why is Alice still single. Obviously she moved into town after selling the farm, but as a young attractive woman she should have met interested men since she was no longer isolated by distance. In fact a young widow would normally have had suitors paying her visits after an appropriate time, although maybe no one tickled her fancy before Erik came along (women can be so picky).

Not trying to pick apart your story, as you wrote it beautifully, but my logical mind just keeps trying to fit in pieces to the puzzle that are not there and no doubt that is a deliberate omission on your part.

My only real complaint is that I have run out of your stories until you write another.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Finish

I loved both Parts but this story has to be finished, it was a great read and I would like to knoe eika wasnt left behind.

TomorrowTodayTomorrowTodayabout 12 years ago
Beautiful

These two together...probably my all-time favorite stories on here, all the way back to when I was Erik's age.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 10 years ago
Magnificent!

After reading "That Summer," I expected the same sex scenes, but from a different point of view. Not only was I wrong, but you've added a whole new twist to the story.

I really can't describe in words how much I've enjoyed reading your "That Summer" stories. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I like this version better than the original; except

Now we know for sure that Alice felt pretty much the same for Erik, plus apparently planned to get pregnant. To the idiot who said that Erik felt the way he did "just because it was his first time", I don't believe it. These two actually cared for each other. If Alice didn't care that much she most likely would've aborted.

Due to the loneliness & angst related to Gloria & the drive out to the farm in the first story; I am still actually assuming that Erik is alone because he never was able to replace Alice.

It was selfish for Alice NOT to give Erik the opportunity that he deserved to make a choice and be with Alice and to be able to participate in his daughters life. Alice's 31 to Erik's 19 is nothing. So Alice is dying at 47 and now the daughter is supposed to approach Erik with "Hi Dad", yikes!! Yep; then explain it to his Mom & Dad!

Bare minimum; Erik should've been introduced by Alice to the daughter before she died. This would've also given Erik closure and a chance to say goodbye, etc...

Thx; DKP

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
PS

Alice got to "live with Erik" for another 16 years through their shared daughter, she had a piece of him - so she really did want him in her life after all ... DKP

smc331smc331over 10 years ago
Dammit, Mugsy!

Made me cry. Beautiful - and again, so true to the song. This one's at least 11 stars...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Not the ending I expected.

If you were trying to make a grown-ass man fight to maintain his composure and try not to sob like a little girl with a skinned knee, pat yourself on the back. You succeeded. I'm going to go watch some cat videos to cheer myself up.

Excellent storytelling in both versions of this story, by the way. Thank you for sharing.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 8 years ago
Great Story, Terrible Ending(Not really terrible)

Maybe it is the happy ever after in me, but I think in this edition it would have been nice if they had met back together to introduce him to his daughter. Then they could have had a touching moment before she passed and he would have met his daughter. Now she is going to have to try to find him, though it would seem she wouldn't know where to begin. Over all, this is an A+ piece of writing. You do indeed have great talent for putting words together to create and direct emotions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you

Good

buckshot46buckshot46about 7 years ago
Decisions We Make

Powerful narrative! These two stories have gripped me in ways I didn't think possible after 45 years.

They have dragged out memories and feelings that still to this day crumble me. My decisions from my 'summer' continue to haunt me. We're married but not to each other. An ancient romantic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
So all it amounted to was an adult abusing a boy?

She took over his mind so he could never form a relationship, never let go. She was a selfish and cruel person based on this story...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sad

Really sad ending. Not what I expected or wanted.

surveyor49surveyor49about 6 years ago
Almost Perfect

Erik needs to know Erika and Erika, Erik.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

she should have told Eric that he has a daughter and was named after him, and take his daughter with him now she knows that she won't be alive for long!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved both stories 5 stars

But it is an unfinished story and needed another chapter to make it so much better or even an epilog would do it...NEVER leave a story unfinished!!!

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

Exquisite story. **********************. And that's not enough. You are a fine writer, ma'am.

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerover 1 year ago

OMG. Love, an unknown daughter i sincerely hope they find one another. But no, you said this was the last chapter. Why? Such a wonderful story, love unrequited.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thank you for not overdoing the ending. Left it nice and open with hope.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMugsyB@MugsyB
2730 Followers
March 2021- Update: I'm not sure when or why, but the first chapter of my three-part story, "Bring on the Wonder" has disappeared. I think the powers that be removed it by accident when I requested a different story be removed. As of right now, I don't know where my original ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

That Summer Previous Part
That Summer Series Info