That Thing Called Fate Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh yeah, but they are leaving on a Thursday night?"

"Yeah it starts tomorrow and they want to be there already when it starts goof ball."

"Guess that makes sense. So am I just gonna fend for myself tomorrow?" I asked, somewhat bummed at the idea.

"Nope, you are stuck with Nurse Emma for the next 4 days big brother." I looked at her, and tried to hide my sheer excitement to be alone with her for so long. I finally broke out a smile, which made her do the same. The smile-fest soon turned sour as Emma's face turned to annoyance. "Great, looks like Boobzilla is back." She said pointing to the phone laying next to me, as it blew up with messages. "I'm going to make dinner." She finished as she turned away to the kitchen.

"Be nice, she's just checking on me. Oh and Emma?" I called, stopping her in her tracks. She turned to look back at me. I wanted to say more but the fear drove the words away. "I love you sis." She took a second.

"I love you too brother." She replied. She smiled and skipped off to the kitchen. My heart broke a little, knowing she only meant the love as a sibling. I sighed and looked back to the phone.

R- U bac yet?!? (sent 15 minutes ago)

R- HELLO? (sent 7 minutes ago)

R- Sean! Seriously I am mega-super-worried rite now (sent 1 minute ago)

S- Sorry I'm here

R- U scared me so much. Where did U go? (I had to think)

S- Had to take my meds, then used the restroom. Don't move that quick right now.

R- It's OK as long as ur OK

S- Yeah, letting the meds work now.

R- Good, Wat R U doing now?

S- Just laying on the couch, relaxing. You still in your dorm?

R- Actually I'm home for the weekend. Fall break

S- Oh, that's nice.

R- Yea, maybe if UR up 4 it, I can come C U? If U Want :)

I had to think for a moment before answering. Truth be told, I really wanted to spend every moment I could with Emma. But on the other hand I didn't want to be rude and I did enjoy Roxxy's company.

S- How about we play it by ear? I can let you know in a day or two how I'm feeing?

I left it open just in case. Plus I wasn't too sure Emma would let me have visitors, let alone the one she hated the most.

R- Sounds great!

R- O, I gotta go, but B4 I do, I have something 4 U. U know for the healing ;)

S- Oh?

The next message was a picture message. It took a moment to fully download, but when it did, my jaw dropped open. The picture was of Roxxy (in her room I guessed), clad in only what could be described as Daisy Duke shorts. Her enormous breast were in full view and full glory. They were perky with eraser sized nipples that pointed a tad upwards. I had touched them before, but had never seen them uncovered. The picture was followed by one last message.

R- 4 UR eyes only! Get 2 feeling better Tiger, so I can C U soon :-* (kissy face)

I stared at the photo for a while longer until Emma reentered the room.

"Hey do you w..." She aid startling me. I closed the phone and placed it under my leg for safe keeping. I looked up at Emma, who was staring back suspiciously. "Why do you look so...guilty?" She asked finding her word.

"Guilty?! Guilty of what?"

"I don't know," she replied, plopping down next to me. "Guilty of talking to unsavory girls?" Emma giggled.

"Oh quit it," I told her, breathing a bit of relief. "We are just friends. She was just asking how I was doing."

"I betch she wants to be more than friends." She teased. I reached my arm around her and pulled her closer. I don't know why, but I teased her back.

"Oh dear sister, do I hear jealousy in your voice?" I knew I had hit a nerve somehow with my teasing. Her face became very serious and almost mad. I bit my tongue and cursed myself for saying it. She slowly turned to face me, as her eyes searched within mine for something. I wanted to tell her the truth and tell her that there was absolutely nothing to worry about, but as I had that twinge of courage to do it, the ugly side of fate shown its head again.

The garage door opened, signally the arrival of our parents. Emma stood up, switched her frown into a smile, then whispered to me.

"Can we have a talk tonight?" My mind started racing. What did I do? Was my teasing really bad enough to garner "a talk"?

"Okay," was all I could muster. Emma must of seen the panic on my face.

"Please don't worry brother, I just need to really get something off my chest." She said as the front door opened, with our parents filing in. They were the last thing on my mind as Emma went to greet them. Even though she told me not to worry, that had caused me to worry even harder. What did she need to tell me? That she was still upset with what that doctor had said earlier? Was it the jealous comment I had just made? Was it the little naked incident we just went through? Did she think I was going to date Roxxy again, and wanted to give her disapproval? Was it something even worse than I could of imagined?

"Earth to Sean!" My father nearly yelled into my face, pulling me out of my worry world. I looked up at him, as he stood up straight. "Hey pal. Looks like they gave you the good stuff." We both chuckled, as I noticed Emma and mom were gone. Maybe mom knew what Emma needed to talk about. My father ruffled my hair and told me, "Just for the record, I did come to see you in the hospital, but you didn't want to wake up for me."

"Must of known you were gonna tell another old college football story, so I saved you the trouble by staying asleep." My dad laughed hard at that one.

"Just glad to see you all in one peace, and more importantly, good to see you home." We shared a smile, and he sat down next to me. He swung an arm around me and pulled me in with one of those dad-type hugs. "Think you can survive a few days without us?" He asked.

"I don't know," I started as Emma reemerged from the kitchen with mom right behind her. "After another day or two with nurse Emma, she might want to smother me with a pillow." Emma stuck her tongue out at me for the comment.

"I'm sure you will fare quite fine," our mother started. "We will leave you some money for food and food only. You have the number for the hotel, and we will of course have our phones on us, but only as emergency, since we will be busy throughout the day."

"Yeah yeah, only call when the other kidney falls out." I joked. My dad chuckled, ruffled my hair again, then left to go get packed. Not too long after, our parents were packed and ready to roll. They reiterated their orders and gave out hugs. With that they were gone.

As we stood on the porch of the house, we watched our parents car, get smaller and smaller until it was gone. I looked over at Emma and she was already looking back at me. There was so much uncertainty behind those ocean blue eyes. I wrapped my arm around her and gave her a big reassuring hug. She seemed to melt and relax with the hug. I guessed that her a big brotherly hug is what she needed right now. It had been a long, weird day for both of us.

"Do you want to talk now?" I whispered. She slowly shook her head, while still in the hug. I had to think of something. Something to pull her out of this. "Didn't you say something about dinner?" She let go of me, with eyes wide. She rushed back into the house, with me softly chuckling behind her. By the time I had limped back into the house and down to the kitchen, Emma had pulled her food out of the oven. I sniffed the air, which Emma must of heard as she snickered.

"It's not burnt you turd." I walked up behind her and placed my chin on her shoulder to see what was on the menu tonight.

"Emma's famous lasagna?" You made my favorite?" Ever since she could cook, Emma loved to experiment in the kitchen. One of the greatest creations, in my opinion, was her "10-Cheese Lasagna." It doesn't actually have ten different cheeses, but we named it that since she lowered the amount of gross tomato sauce and upped the cheese. Now, the lasagna has more significant than just awesome food. I do love my sister with all of my heart but in the end, we are still brother and sister, therefore time to time we do fight. When I am in the wrong, I usually offer to take her out for ice cream, or a massage. When she is in the wrong, she would cook this famous dish. We hadn't had any fights, so I started to get worry what this meant for this talk. "This talk is really bad isn't it?" I guessed, fear in my voice.

"Seanny," She started, using a name she only used when she wanted to calm me, but it only worked a little bit. "I just want to have a really nice dinner with you, and then have a movie night before we talk." My mind started racing. It sounded like she was setting things up so she could say goodbye. The thought entered my mind, what if she knew how I felt? Was this her way of having one last good night remembering me as her brother, before she destroyed me for being a creep. I nodded, almost as acceptance to my fate.

We ate in near silence, exchanging forced smiles. At least the lasagna was perfect as always. After doing the dishes together, Emma told me to go and relax and she would be back in a few minutes. I took my place on the couch and took another dose of my pain pills. I quietly contemplated what I would say, if it was really her ousting me as a sister-lover. I could lie about it, but I knew deep down I couldn't lie to her. There was probably enough ammo against me already. My next idea was to accept it and exile myself away from her. I could go to college, find a girl, get married, have kids, and go on with my life. The sad truth was, I couldn't quit Emma cold turkey.

Emma returned, pulling me from my sad thoughts. She looked as frazzled as I felt, but that wasn't what I was thinking about anymore. She was wearing one of my old football jersey's, with tiny pajama shorts peeking out from underneath.

"Raiding my closet again I see?" I said teasingly. Not that I truly minded, just can't stop teasing her.

"Well it's comfy and..." she paused, "it smells like you." I gave her a quizzical look. "I couldn't sleep after mom sent me home last night. So I grabbed this and it helped calm me down."

"I'm so sorry Emma. For worrying you so much." I told her as she sat next to me on the couch.

"It's okay now, you're home now." And with that she started the movie. It was one of the many super hero movies out there today, but my mind was on the impending talk we were about to have soon. Halfway through the movie, Emma snuggled up to me. I wrapped my arm around her again, and held her tight. We watched the rest of the movie that way. As soon as I knew it, the credits were rolling. Emma stood up, turned off the TV, and turned back towards me. She was white as a ghost, and very nervous. She took a deep breath.

"Okay," she sighed. "Before I start, will you promise me two things?"

"What two things?" I asked shakily.

"One, promise no matter what I say, we are still brother and sister." I gulped.

"I promise." This is not good, she knows.

"Two, please promise, that you will let me get this out and in the open, without interruption."

"I...promise." I replied, accepting my fate. Emma wasn't convinced, so she sat back down and offered up her pinky. I sighed and wrapped mine around hers. She took a huge breath in and started.