All Comments on 'That's What Friends are For'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
LechemanLecheman3 months ago

I liked that story, different from I usually consume on LIT.

Thanks!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

Harry is a great detective in more ways than one! I liked the adoption angle since I worked for an agency in another state that monitored independent adoptions.

5

woodwardwoodward3 months ago

Great friends!!!

Cracker270Cracker2703 months ago

Enjoyed it, as usual. Thanks

EricaDoesNowEricaDoesNow3 months ago

I know I've said it before, but I LOVE, love, love your work. Also love all the Tennessee references. Lastly? I'm in FULL agreement about pantyhose. It baffles me when I read a story, and the otherwise sexy character dons pantyhose. YUCK!

hindsight2020hindsight20203 months ago

Ok, but not much of a point.

⭐⭐⭐

Ravey19Ravey193 months ago

Two in a week, think I'll become a PI.

FandeborisFandeboris3 months ago

It was funny, and at my age twice a week is pretty damn good! Better than most weeks anyway. lol

Felt sorry for Barbara having to lose her daughter, but sometimes what she went does work. Sometimes.

Keep up the writing and Take care

ramysamy7ramysamy73 months ago

Another good one. I’m still on the fence on whether I like your detective/PI stories more than your Wild West/Civil War era material. But you have to know that my respect went up when I saw you use the term “discreet” properly. I’ve probably read a thousand stories on Lit and this is the first time someone has not confused “discreet” with “discrete”. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another great story! I could really relate to the woman who had given her daughter up for adoption. I was forced to give my daugher up for adoption, but I was the birth father. She found me and I got to meet her 35 years later. I'm just bioDad. She had great parents whom I liked a lot. She and her husband have been very successful and it's been good not to have to worry about how she was. Her birth mother and I talked on the phone after our daughter found me. Not much to say after so long a time.

Keep up the writing. Love your story telling ability!

J6480J64803 months ago

Nice series, hope to see him back soon

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

An excellent feel-good story of a guy helping people.

Flar1958Flar19583 months ago

And now Majorie and Barbara?!;)

WilCox49WilCox492 months ago

Relating only to the opening: Someone I know, but not very well, was accused (and apparently convicted) of putting cams in a big store's women's restroom. At present he's in a federal prison halfway across the country. It definitely happens.

Anyway, nice story, but not one of your best. Then again, this series isn't one of my favorites. Humor & Satire, OK.

DessertmanDessertman2 months ago

Good story, i enjoyed it, particularly⁹ the search for the adopted daughter.

Peapod41Peapod41about 2 months ago

One of those Rsymond Chandleresque stories that satisfies utterly, like a four-square meals

people used to talk about. One feels replete.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...