That's What Friends Are For Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Of course I don't want her in danger," I finally replied.

"Then all you have to do is fuck her when she needs sex."

"I don't fucking believe this," I murmured.

"You just said that a couple of minutes ago. Are you going to help us out or not?"

"I don't have much choice, do I? But I'll feel like a complete shit."

"Maybe the first time, but you'll get over it pretty quickly. Barbara is good in bed. She's highly responsive and cums easily. It'll be good for your ego," Kyle replied with a wide grin, now certain of victory.

"Fuck you Kyle," I said, but with little heat.

"No. You've got it all wrong. Fuck Barbara," he responded with another grin.

"And you'll take up with more nurses and ambulance drivers in Japan, right?"

"It's not a combat zone, but I'll have no trouble getting my ashes hauled. There are Japanese women who work as contract mistresses. They are intelligent, educated women who have regular jobs but need to supplement their income. Japan is an expensive place to live. For 30,000 Yen, or about $270 dollars a month, I can contract with one them for a single night each week. The typical mistress has only two or three contracts in place at any given time. It's part time work for them, but I'm told they are very willing and quite skillful."

"Goody for you," I respond, still off balance by the whole conversation.

"Now we need to talk about Leah."

"Why? What the fuck has she got to do with this now that her quality control duties won't be needed any longer?"

"Have some more beer and listen to the rest of the story. I'm going to blow your mind some more," he told me as he refilled our glasses from the pitcher.

"I don't think I can handle any more surprises," I told him.

"Don't be such a pussy. Leah and Barbara were friends long before I met Barbara."

"I know that. So what?"

"A year or so before we got involved, Barbara and Leah did a little experimenting with girl-on-girl sex. Barbara told me all about it long before our wedding. The outcome was that Leah believed she was a true bisexual. Barbara not so much. She said it was very pleasurable but she had no desire to do it with anyone but Leah, who remains the only woman she has ever been attracted to sexually. Leah was a bit resentful of me we when Barbara and I first got involved. She wasn't completely over it by the wedding."

"Which would account for her less-than-enthusiastic attitude during and after the ceremony," I interjected.

"Exactly. But those old wounds healed long ago. With my encouragement, Barbara and Leah still have sex whenever the mood strikes. It has been just the two them for a long time now. Leah hasn't had another female lover in years. She's family now."

"What do you mean by family? I knew you all got along okay, but her being a member of the so-called family seems a bit extreme," I responded.

"For the past few years, Barbara, Leah and I have engaged in three-way sex once every month or so," Kyle informed me with a small smile, undoubtedly anticipating my reaction.

"Three-ways?" I yelled, causing a few other patrons to look over at us in puzzlement. "Are you shittin' me? You've been fucking Leah too?"

"Only in Barbara's presence, and keep your goddamned voice down Jake. If you can't restrain yourself, we'll have to finish this discussion outside."

"All right. All right," I agreed, "but tell me how all this has been going on right under my nose all this time and I never even got a whiff."

"It's your own fault. Barbara has been trying for years to hook you up with Leah, but your lack of cooperation kept getting in the way. If you had been a bit more flexible, you and Leah would almost certainly have learned to enjoy each other's company and those three-ways would probably be four-ways by now," Kyle replied, now smiling again.

"Jesus H. Christ. I must be blind," I moaned as I buried my face in my hands.

"Just stubborn," Kyle responded with a wide grin. "But there's still hope for you yet."

"What do you mean?"

"You've already agreed to take care of Barbara's needs so that's settled. And you know that the three of us have always gone out for a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant a few nights before each of my deployments."

"Yeah, so?"

"So this time four of us are going out and you're going to behave yourself. If you give Leah half a chance she's going to respond favorably. My guess is that the two of you will end up having sex before long. Maybe even a three-way or two with Barbara," he announced with a pleased look on his face. As I looked at him, a thought suddenly crossed my mind.

"Have you discussed any of this with Barbara? With Leah?"

"Barbara yes. Leah no. Barbara has agreed to call for your services when she needs them and that's all I care about. As for Leah, we'll just have to see how that turns out."

"How will you know how it turns out? You'll be in Japan."

"Barbara tells me everything right afterwards. I return the favor," Kyle admitted, knocking me off balance once again.

"Let me get this straight. Barbara fucks some guy and tells you about it right afterward and you do the same."

"Yes. For the past few years, we've been using encrypted satellite phones. The confessions turn both of us on," he responded with another grin.

"So when Barbara and I have sex, you'll know about it soon after?"

"Yep, and in great detail too," he replied with an even wider grin, enjoying another opportunity to yank my chain. "Ditto if you guys have a three-way."

"Jesus H. Christ!"

"You keep saying that. You're beginning to sound like an echo. Finish your beer and let's go."

****

From my perspective, our traditional farewell dinner for Kyle started out to be surreal. From time to time, I would sneak a look at Barbara, knowing she was going to ask me to fuck her at some point. It occurred to me that I had never seen more than about ten percent of her body and I couldn't help but to try to imagine her naked. As for Leah, every time I stole a glance at her, she caught me and smiled sweetly in return. It took two Manhattans for my tongue to loosen enough to join the conversation with anything resembling intelligent speech.

As I began to relax, the rest of the evening proceeded like similar dinners in the past. As before, we ended the evening with nightcaps at Kyle's and Barbara's house. It was nearly two o'clock in the morning when I said good night to Barbara and Leah, hugged Kyle and retreated to my apartment. He'd be leaving for Japan in two days and the remaining time belonged solely to him and his wife to say their farewells in private.

With nothing else to do but wait for Barbara's call, I returned to my life, which consisted mainly of work. I hadn't dated anyone since Julia's death, so things were pretty dull until my phone's rendition of 'Wild Thing' roused me from an evening nap a week after Kyle's departure. I didn't recognize the number, so I almost didn't answer. At the last moment, before the call went to voice mail, I changed my mind. It was Leah.

"I want you to take me out for drinks and dinner," she announced, her tone telling me she wouldn't take no for an answer. "Friday night will do just fine."

"I...uh...well, okay. I'd love to. Any place in particular you'd like to go?"

"Pick me up at six-thirty and surprise me. You know where I live," she replied and then terminated the call. For a brief moment I clearly recalled why I never liked her very much. Those thoughts were quickly replaced by visions of her at dinner that night so I decided to set my old feelings aside and see how things played out.

My jaw dropped when Leah opened the door at precisely six thirty Friday night. Her tie-died costume had been abandoned. Her flaming red hair had been brushed to a bright sheen and pulled forward over her left shoulder. She had chosen a fashionable green dress that fell to mid-thigh and showed a hint of cleavage. Matching shoes showcased surprisingly good legs. I was suddenly glad I had chosen Dockers, a decent shirt, Topsiders, and a sport coat instead of the jeans and t-shirt I originally considered.

"Where are you taking me," she asked with an encouraging smile.

"Dominic's Italian Restaurant in Oceanside," I answered with my fingers crossed, hoping she'd approve. "They have a nice view of the water and we can eat outside."

"What a great choice! I love Italian food and I haven't been to Dominic's in a long time."

"Well then, allow me to escort you to my chariot if you don't mind riding in an ancient Jeep," I said, offering her my arm.

"Thank you kind sir," she replied, hooking her arm in mine.

As soon as we were seated and had ordered drinks, a Cosmopolitan for her and a Manhattan for me, she looked me directly in the eye.

"Jake, you have spent years avoiding me and it's partly my fault, so I'll begin this conversation."

I suddenly realized I knew almost nothing about her other than some notion of what she did for a living as an artist , that she was Barbara's friend and occasional lover, and that Kyle had fucked her during a number of three-ways. I found myself eagerly awaiting more information.

"At first, I didn't much like Kyle, and by extension you either, since the two of you have apparently been joined at the hip since birth. The reason for my resentment was that I am a teeny bit bisexual and have had a thing for Barbara since I first met her. After their wedding, I quickly got over it and grew to like Kyle very much. I was also willing to give you a chance, so Barbara has repeatedly tried to hook us up. You clearly weren't interested so I haven't given you much thought in a long time. Until recently."

Our drinks arrived and we touched glasses before she took up her narrative once again.

"Here's what I know you've been told. Barbara and I continue to have sex, with Kyle's encouragement, whenever we feel the urge. I am well aware of the sexual arrangement they have when Kyle is deployed. Until he returned from his last deployment two years ago, I was actively involved in Barbara's choices for sex partners, offering my opinions on their suitability. She played the same role for me. Her last encounter turned into a nightmare and I feel guilty as hell about it. I didn't pick up any vibes that told me the guy was a creep. Kyle returned from Afghanistan just in time and put an end to the matter."

"You're right. That's a pretty clear summary of what I know," I told her, deliberately failing to mention three-ways.

"Now, here are a couple of things I know that you don't know I know, if that makes any sense. Kyle told me all about the discussion the two of you had a couple of weeks before he left for Japan. For what it's worth, I wholeheartedly support the idea of you taking care of Barbara sexually. She'll get what she needs, when she needs it, and she'll be safe with you. Just do your best for her."

"You're right again. I didn't know you were aware of my upcoming role in Barbara's life. And by the way, nothing has happened yet."

"It will soon. She's curious about what sex will be like with you and she'll tell me all about it afterward. She'll tell Kyle too."

"I'm aware that Barbara and Kyle share the details of their liaisons as soon as possible after the fact. When he told me, it completely blew my mind."

"I'm not surprised," she responded with a smile. "They have told me more than once that you are a great guy, lovable but naïve."

"Not too perceptive either. I never had a clue."

"It's your own fault," she said, smiling again. "By snubbing me you've kept yourself outside the inner circle. Had you not been so stubborn, things would probably have been very different for all of us a long time ago."

"That's almost exactly what Kyle told me. Water under the bridge now though."

"Yes it is. But your life is about to change soon in a big way and you are going to like it."

"That's also pretty much what he told me. He said Barbara is really good in bed."

"She is. If you do well by her, you'll be surprised at her responsiveness. She cums easily."

Suddenly, I was growing a little impatient with our mostly one-sided conversation and decided to do push back a little.

"So how about you Leah? Do you cum easily too? Kyle told me about the three-ways, but he didn't elaborate."

Leah stared thoughtfully at me for a long time. She didn't seem uncomfortable, but she was clearly deciding how to respond. Finally, she took a deep breath and slowly let it back out.

"I do cum easily. Often more than once. I love sex but, with the exception of the special relationship I have with Barbara and Kyle, I've become very conservative about my partners in the past few years. As a result, I've had a lot less sex than I would like. I don't yet know where you're going to fit in, if you'll pardon the pun, but we'll soon find out."

"We?"

"Yes we. After dinner, I propose that you take me back to my place and fuck me," she replied with a straight face.

"This wouldn't be some sort of audition for Barbara's sake, would it?"

"I hadn't thought of it that way," she answered with a surprised look, "but if you want to phrase it like that, I suppose it could be. If we have sex, I'll certainly tell her all about it. We don't keep any secrets."

"If we do have sex, you're probably in for a big disappointment. I haven't been with a woman in a long time."

"I know about Julia. She was Barbara's and Kyle's friend as well as your fiancé. They grieved for her too. If you fuck me, I'll make allowances for your performance," she responded with a hint of a smile.

"Gee thanks," I answered with a smile of my own. "Why don't we order dinner, talk about something other than sex, and see what happens when we get to your apartment?"

"That'll work. Let's look at the menu. I'm starving."

Dinner turned out to be very nice. Good food, good wine, and surprisingly good conversation. Leah turned out to be highly intelligent, witty, and perceptive, much like Barbara. I could easily understand their attraction to one another. Throughout the hour or so we lingered over our meal, I began to have impure thoughts about Leah and the little bit of cleavage I could see across the table from where I was sitting.

****

"Kiss me," Leah ordered the instant we entered her apartment. I complied, pulling her into my arms and pressing my lips to hers. The kiss was anything but perfunctory. Molding her body to mine, she slipped her hot little tongue into my mouth. I responded with an erection which she detected immediately and pressed her hips hard against the swollen appendage.

"Let's do that again," she murmured when we finally broke apart. The second kiss lasted even longer and then abruptly ended when she pushed me away. Before I had a chance to react she grabbed my hand.

"Come with me," she ordered, leading me toward her bedroom. "Unzip my dress," she commanded when we arrived at her bedside. Clearly she intended to be in charge and I was content do as I was told. Moments later the dress had been cast aside and she was standing before me in a lacy black bra, tiny matching panties, and her high heels.

"Now finish the job," she demanded as she turned so I could unhook her bra. Unable to hold myself in check, I slipped my hands around her body to cup very firm breasts as she dropped the garment on the floor and then kicked off her shoes. When she turned to face me, I dropped to one knee and eased the miniscule panties down over elegant legs.

I had always wondered about redheads. A carefully groomed landing strip just above her pussy precisely matched her hair, satisfying my curiosity.

Rising back to my feet, I stepped back a pace to openly admire the woman who was now standing naked before me.

"Like what you see?" she asked with a little smile.

"Very much. You are truly beautiful," I answered, my voice husky with emotion.

"Then take off your clothes and fuck me," she responded as she positioned herself in the center of her bed on top of the duvet, lying on her side to watch me remove my clothes.

Women's bodies, and the clothing they choose when they're interested in attracting the opposite sex, lend themselves to sensual disrobing. If there is a graceful way for a man to undress, I am unaware of it. Leah didn't seem to mind as I awkwardly shed my clothes to expose an erection that drew a raised eyebrow, a smile, and a crooked finger beckoning me to join her.

"Fuck me right now and don't be gentle," she commanded as she rolled onto her back, spread her legs, and drew her knees back to receive me. "No foreplay."

Once again obeying orders, I knelt between her open thighs, entered her hot, wet pussy, and immediately began to pound my cock into her with all my strength.

"Oh! God! Yes!" she cried in response and began to counterthrust against my surging hips with perfect timing.

Within seconds, the room filled with the sounds of flesh striking flesh and Leah's cries of pleasure in response. Seconds later I knew I wasn't going to outlast her. It had been too long since I'd been with a woman. Letting out a primal roar, I exploded into her with a series of intense contractions just as she released a prolonged wail of what sounded like frustration.

As I started to withdraw, Leah stopped me.

"Do you know what a G-spot is?" she asked breathlessly.

"Yes."

"Then find mine and make me cum. I didn't quite make it over the top."

"I'm so sorry," I told her as I withdrew my dripping cock to lie beside her trembling body.

"Don't apologize," she murmured, opening her legs wider. "Just finger fuck me."

Now accustomed to following orders, I slipped my middle two fingers into her pussy, now sopping wet with her natural lubricant and my semen, and began to rapidly stroke the area up behind her pubic bone.

Leah's response was electric. Within seconds she was screaming against the side of my neck. Moments later I felt her pussy contract rapidly around my moving fingers as she fell into the abyss with a final shriek.

I held her in my arms, continuing to gently probe her wetness, while she slowly regained control of her breathing.

"I'm sorry," I whispered into her ear.

"Stop saying that," she ordered. "All of it was delicious. I didn't expect perfection. You told me you hadn't been with a woman in a long while. We'll do much better next time."

"Next time?" I asked in astonishment, certain that I had already worn out my welcome.

"Do you have an appointment somewhere else?" she asked with a sultry smile.

"No...I just thought..."

"You thought wrong," she interrupted. "What are your plans for the weekend?"

"I don't have any. Unless Barbara calls," I added with a smile of my own.

"She won't, and I have a spare toothbrush. If you have no other plans, let's spend the weekend together."

"I'd love to. Did the two of you discuss all of this?"

"Most of it," she replied with an impish grin. "Want to take a breather and have some wine before round two?"

"Sure."

"White or red?"

"White. It's more refreshing."

"I agree," Leah said with a smile. "There's a bathrobe in the closet that will fit you nicely. The wine is in the fridge, opener is in the drawer to the right, and glasses are above the sink. I'll join you in one minute."

I've never known a woman who could stay in a bathroom for only one minute. Leah was no exception. Five minutes later, she joined me in her living room. I was cloaked in a heavy resort-quality robe. She was wearing a filmy little thing that left little to the imagination. When I handed her a glass of chilled pinot grigio, she perched on the sofa with her bare feet tucked under the hem of the diaphanous garment.

"Sit by me," she said, patting the sofa beside her. As I had been all evening, I gladly obeyed.

"When we finish our wine, we're going back to bed, but we'll take our time for this go around," she announced with a smile.