All Comments on 'The Ability'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 104 Comments
imatrojanmanimatrojanmanover 7 years ago
Amazing!!

Superb story! I must confess, I covet your gift!

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
He found his Angel

She was rescued by her Prince.

Beautiful love story.

thank you.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
IN TIMES OF TROUBLE AND WOES

the guardian angel who protects us all is watching and waiting. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Five stars

Trying to grow a believable romance out of a (not-so) back story of abuse can be hard. Sweetly done. I also have to research mortgage support programs for survivors of abuse. Hadn't heard of that. Thanks for including the PSA

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 7 years ago
I gave it a 5

Good story

Sidney43Sidney43over 7 years ago

I always rate a story before I make any comments (if at all) and this one was a five with no hesitation. Lovely tale, great characters and a good story line. Sometimes characters are too perfect, too unblemished to be real, but here you managed to avoid that and give us two people who just had to be together. My favorite part of the story was the military sayings offered by the co-worker, just a little gem to savor as the story unfolded.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 7 years ago
Wonderful story

A very nice story beautifully told. Such a warm and loving story to warm the soul on this cold and snowy winter day.

Q, thank you for sharing your gifts with us.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Very Nice

Just a couple of thoughts:

"What happened?" – She didn’t call her boss the very first day and tell him what was going on?

“physic” – What are they, laxatives? I think you meant psychic!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 7 years ago
Excellent Yarn

I enjoyed this one immensely. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ahhhh!

Ahhhh!

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsover 7 years ago
Well done...

Just....well done. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
wow

Read two stories from this author today. Doesn't get any better than that. 5*

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 7 years ago
Really enjoyed this.

A very nice romantic tale.

5*

dreamer3366dreamer3366over 7 years ago
Loved it!

The story, Earl Grey tea, shortbread cookies and chocolates. What a lovely way to spend a rainy afternoon. Thank you for the romance of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hope you have a better 2017, thanks for the story!

I read your bio, sorry to see you've had a rough year. I guess my ears are too close to my scalp, haven't had an operation but I have to shave them every few days. I think my first story of yours that I read was A Summer By The Lake, it is one of my favorites and this one is also very good. As a matter of fact I am going to read the old one again. Always fun rediscovering authors that I have enjoyed in the past and I look forward to reading your other new stories soon!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Favorite

This is my favorite kind of story! I loved it and I will be reading more of your writings. My heart goes out to you in the loss of your brother. I lost mine from Melanoma cancer. I have a twin sister and would not want to lose her. Prayers going up for your sister. God Bless and keep sharing your gift. I give you a 5 and would go 9 if I could.

njlaurennjlaurenover 7 years ago
All I have to say

Is thank you, I read this at 1 in the morning after a long,shitty day,and ended up with tears in my eyes,thank you for making the end of the day the best psrt.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 7 years ago
Some thoughts

I enjoyed your writing as always. The only thing I would like to add is that--with almost all romance category stories--the knight in shining armour really is a "shining" example of the exemplar of manhood. Your hero is perfect; grief is what is slowing him down, otherwise perfect. It's fun to see such characters but the downside is that there is no tension in the story, no struggle. The outcome is pretty much ordained by the middle of page one and the interest is in how we get there, though in this case it followed the category tropes quite loyally. I want to be clear that this is not a criticism of your story alone but a criticism of most of what gets published in this category (along with the Loving Wives "You Done Me Wrong" sub-category which suffers from a large dose of wish fulfillment and romance issues as well). Anyway, I would only ask you to consider characters where the eventual outcome is in doubt because of personal flaws and non-achievement in the partners that would help humanize them and make them more, well you know, like most of humanity...

dani_lrlmdani_lrlmover 7 years ago
It is now one in the morning.

Following what one of the anonymouses wrote I looked at the clock and bingo - it was that.

I have to get up early tomorrow but I could not put the tablet down.

Thank you for a lovely romance.

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeisterover 7 years ago
Great story!

Your A Summer By The Lake is one of my all-time favorites. This was almost as good, and that's a compliment, since ASBTL sets the bar absurdly high!

Thanks again for a great romantic story.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Fantastic story!

A great story. So well narrated and without the need for explicit sex. Actually Brian has behaved like a friend and gentleman, although at first I had some doubt about him, really I was the one who was wrong.

A great job and thanks for sharing it with all of us.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet), is not my native language.

teedeedubteedeedubover 7 years ago
Agreed

Outstanding. Thanks for sharing.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 7 years ago

a heart felt story. at least for me to read.

thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ehhh kinda boring

Decent story but wish there was more sex

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
minor point

Nice story, 5*.

Minor point about twins - the second set of twins are fraternal since they are different genders, which can really only happen when there are two eggs to fertilize. Two eggs means the mother's biology is responsible for the twins, not the father's. The fact that there were two sperm to fertilize the two eggs is very common, so not enough to say that twins run in the man's family.

Like I said, minor point. If it had come earlier in the story it would have been distracting to me, and probably not have bothered most people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
&√ Wonderful

Both the story and your return. So glad I checked back onto your submissions page today!

√&√

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
As usual, very nicely done...

So happy to see you still writing; you're one of my favorite authors. Nice story. Didn't even care to hear about what happened to her former husband after he left prison. Thanks Q!

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 7 years ago
As Usual

a great story. This reader for one could almost see the characters and experience their life. Thank you and it is wonderful to see you back.

Woodmanone

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 7 years ago
I do enjoy happy endings!

And all three of yours I've read...Deliver!

Thanks for your feel-good stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
4*s

A very entertaining and well written story.

The plot is a simple one about circumstances and self-discovery as she finds the inner strength to divorce. That simple plot makes the dialogue so important. In this case the usual excellent dialogue by qhml1! Clearly defined characters and their thoughts.

A minor quibble I have is about her family. Didn't she have any? Maybe I missed it .

The major failure for me was the time period . When did the story occur? At first, for 2 pages I thought this was a period piece from the 50's. I was waiting for the reference to Eisenhower and Nixon. Then qhml introduces home computer and cell phone. I thought it was an anachronism, an error. Finally, towards the end he writes Star Wars references. So I get that the time period is the 'aughtys, lol. Too bad 😔❗I was looking forward to the 50's scenery.

Gave you 4*s, qhml.

Thank you.

AMerryman

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Wow!

One of the best I've ever read on this site.

In my mind, there is no lower form of life on the planet than a wife beater. So glad that you didn't bring that scumbag back into the picture after his parole.

I'm so happy for Angel and Brian that I could cry .... and I am....

Thanks again for a terrific story.

GoodhueGoodhueabout 7 years ago
Romantic Wonderfulness

The right category for this schmaltzy story.

I especially liked the sort of "Knights in White Satin" ending.

Well worth the read! 5+

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyabout 7 years ago
5 star

I always enjoy your writing so much! I'm glad to see something new. I hope writing lifts your spirits even more than your writing lifts mine!

God bless you and yours,

hillcountrycowboy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thank you

This is the best I have read!

Don't stop.

A Fan of your writing.

JFW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wonderful!!!

I like happy endings. Sappy, I know but there is enough pain in this world. It's good to see the good guy (and gal) win once in a while. Thanks for the good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Aussie

Loved the story . Loved how it was written . Only additional paragraph to improve the story would have been for Amanda to have had a happy ending . There is only one thing worse than a woman basher and that's a child abuser .

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
I love a well told love story

and this is one of the best.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 7 years ago
Hum

I wonder how I missed reading this story in the past. It is top of tier tale, a ne of the very best.

OverJackOverJackalmost 7 years ago
A Growing Fan

I've had the pleasure to read a number of your romance stories and you've turned me into a real fan. I'm very selective of the type of stories I read and your storytelling is what I enjoy. Keep it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
He's Done It Again

By "He" I mean "Q", the author of this story, and by "It", I mean write and post for us readers to devour, another exquisitely crafted story. This guy may be my favorite writer on this site. And no maybes about it, he's definitely in the top two. I can't wait for his next story and I hope he never stops posting stories here. Thank you, "Q"!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Loved it!

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodalmost 6 years ago
Another Great Story.

Another great story by this very talented author. A story that perhaps to a regular Literotica reader like myself, is a bit predictable, however that didn’t dilute this wonderful tale of love overcoming tragedy in the least.

Woodbgood

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
WHEN THE REAL WORLD LETS US DOWN

our fairy tale thoughts over whelm us, TK U MLJ LV NV

Horseman68Horseman68almost 6 years ago
So Good.

This writer creates some of the most satisfying reading on the site. This is but one example. Many, many thanks for the pleasure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A bit worried at first...

I got a little concerned as to what this story would be about when Brian started with the submissive stuff, having her undress in the back yard, but the story was great, as usual. Thanks for posting. 5 stars, of course.

BentonVirtusBentonVirtusover 5 years ago
Well Done

Really well done. Thanks for sharing it. I agree that the dom/sub scene turned out to be an odd digression, but a well-balanced and loving dom/sub relationship can work really well in a romance story.

sirelcsirelcabout 5 years ago
Very nice

This was a very good and we'll paced story.

I had read another of your stories and was left confused. This story is much richer and leaves you wanting to feel this in real life. Either your own or your kids. It's not fluff, but it's not hard core jaded either. It has an optimistic feels that the reader hopes to find

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimalmost 5 years ago
Lovely gentle romance

You are a truly gifted writer, and I enjoy all your work as they drift from harsh betrayal to funny revenge to sweet romance.

You are so good that when you used the word 'shined' it came as such a surprise that it threw me out of the story. C'mon dude, you know the past tense is 'shone'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Decent

Decent shortly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Loved It

Another of the best stories on Literotica. 5 stars

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Another 5!!!

Great love story...

Burcham8Burcham8over 3 years ago
Sweet story

I’m a sucker for a good romance. This is just one of the best!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

What can I say as my eyes tear up - 5*

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

Nice feel good story, hope I don't lose any man points cause I like these things, actually I'm too old to car, I love 'em. Keep writin'

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You have this unique ability to bring in elements that others would either shy away from or over do. Brian simply made her aware that she had a submissive nature. She needed that awareness to work on her marriage while being more in tune with her personnel needs and goals. You worked the same magic in "Yes, Dear". You make it seem SO easy! Thank you - of course 5* is all I can give. I had a GF who was submissive, she enjoyed the experience even more than I did.

somewhere east of Omaha

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago
Another Great Story

Enough said. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not very well thought trough story idea that this author executed badly. All in all not to be recommended.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent story. Sadly there are too many Mark's in this world and from looking at comments to LW stories on this website many of them frequent this website reading and commenting on the stories. You can usually tell them from the sick abusive comments they make. Men who physically or emotionally abuse their partners are sick weak people who should be eliminated from the world.

I served in Northern Ireland during the early 80's and the time of the 'troubles' I was able to end a number of men who were like Mark in this story as well as some provo scum.

MacHardyMacHardyalmost 3 years ago

A good story well told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Five stars - and five boxes of Kleenex :-)

linnearlinnearover 2 years ago

Exceptional storytelling as always, I always do impressed with you writing ability.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A really, really good story, fun to read and get emotional over.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 2 years ago

Oh yea, enough said.

roveroneroveroneover 2 years ago

Thoroughly likable characters, great dialogue, so many nice facets...some that stood out to me...her wearing a maillot-love the tanlines they leave...so many women wear two-pieces, and so many that really shouldn't(and being a swim team member when younger always appreciated the tank suits the female members wore)... and don't believe you mentioned she was so well-endowed ..and sorry she 'made sure to get rid of stubble...'certain Brian would like natural, tho of course her creep ex- would want her to keep it bald...

5 and fave, again...you do have a gift for writing ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

All I can say is that once I started reading, I never "fell out" of the story. The characters, plot, and details were believable and interesting enough to hold my interest. That is a rarity for me. It was professional quality writing and editing.

There were a couple speedbumps of typo and grammar errors, but everything else was good enough to smooth over them. Nice job!

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51over 2 years ago

Damn man, just awesome. 5 stars

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 2 years ago

Thank you for writing so many 5 star stories for us !

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Its been nearly a year since I visited this tale last, thank you once again Q. Abuse of anyone is appalling and should never be ignored or allowed to go unpunished.

somewhere east of Omaha

fredbrownfredbrownabout 2 years ago

It's a warm and friendly story, a romance to cause a tear in some, of course, we asses won't get too worked up but we can get our kicks wishing bad things for the ex-husband. I like it even if it doesn't do a darn thing for my pervier yens but tis a darn good story. It's a 5 star!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow, fabulous story!!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

Fabulous story. Thanks for writing.

Omart57Omart57about 2 years ago

Absolutely loved this, Q!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Damn! Another tear jerker.

Well done, very well done.

Bill S.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

sweet story and lives

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

a true love story...................with a twist/

Runner4069Runner4069almost 2 years ago

Absolutely brilliant, thanks for sharing!!!❤️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice! Thanks for posting it!!

Jim

goodshoes2goodshoes2almost 2 years ago

Great! Stunning story! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Too good to be real yet too real to be fiction. Enjoyed it truly. LP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

There is only one thing missing to make this sweet story absolutely perfect: did the husbands get to Mark to teach him a lesson?

5*

BJ

JusteenKJusteenKalmost 2 years ago

A beautifully sweet story, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are a very talented writer. Thank you for sharing.

G

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story.

But I do have to repeat a question that I see others have asked. Did the husbands get to "speak" to Mark to teach him a lesson?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A story that helps you see that good can triumph over evil. Thank you for sharing.

DP

Omart57Omart57about 1 year ago

My second time through this one, Q! Even better this time. Thank You!

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

Couldn't ask for a better feel-good story then this one. I was a little bit concerned when Brian started telling Joan to take off her clothes so he could see her bra and panties. It just seemed to be a bit wrong. Of course I would be all for it myself, lol, but just didn't seem very appropriate. Still it is a great story and well worth the five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Others have asked the question - did the husbands manage to "speak" to Mark?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Q! Youoll dawg…

That was a good one. Even better if she was in her undies, backlit by the moon, And! A Moon Pie in each hand…. Yeah, I know. Done run that gag into the dirt. But… it woulda been the first time four moons were seen… without gratuitous moonshine consumption.

Yatta yatta 10 out of 5. Off to the next.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Best rom I've read on Lit so far. Disagree with commentors demanding husbands seek retribution on Mark. If this was an LW story I would agree, but it's not.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What a beautiful heartwarming story. Just about as perfect as it can be. Thank you for sharing this. BardnotBard

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...