All Comments on 'The Academy Affair'

by TarnishedPenny

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
Norway_1705Norway_1705almost 2 years ago

Rough and tough. Magnificent and hypnotic writing style, as usual.

Only one mole in a perfect diamond: mr. Tendle is called "James (Jack)" on the first page, and then "John (Jack)" on the second after "...given me about John (Jack) Tendle."

WolfenherzWolfenherzalmost 2 years ago

Great story, thank you.

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

You weave a beautiful tale

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Beautifully written. 5* from me. Really enjoyed how you wrapped all the pieces and clues up at the end nicely.

rayironyrayironyalmost 2 years ago
You are a fine and talented writer

and here we see a bit more of your versatility,,,,thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story 5*. I love the way you wrapped it up with a bow at the end without it seeming to be rushed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

ok!...

clearcreekclearcreekalmost 2 years ago

good story. too bad that there are actually scum in this world that prey on other humans. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A wonderful surprise!

Romance? Not so much. Super fast moving Detective story? 5* all the way. Movie worthy as action thriller.

The Hoary Cleric, a guest

Davester37Davester37almost 2 years ago

This one’s not my usual read, and I certainly wasn’t expecting to find it here, but I’m glad I did! It’s engaging, entertaining, well-written, and very well edited. Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

tennesseeredtennesseeredalmost 2 years ago

Nice piece of work. Tight, coherent, believable. Five stars for sure.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 2 years ago

Here from the Hammered challenge. You've done a great job with this using Spillane's style, both with the characterization and the writing-style in a modern setting. In doing so, you've created a very well-written and enjoyable tale with a well-developed plot and a great conclusion. Excellent work, 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this read!

Crusader235Crusader235almost 2 years ago

Great Detective story, and fun read. Five stars.

texstertexsteralmost 2 years ago
A brief but spectacular whirlwind

Really enjoyed it, a fantastic story neatly packaged into a quick read. My only quibble was the character names, just a bit jarring to the ear, but that’s just my opinion, so take it with a grain of sand.

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanalmost 2 years ago
Excellent

This was a really excellent story, and a worthy entry into the Spillane Challenge. I 'couldn't put it down', as they say of print books.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was my first of the Mickey Spillane stories . I'm not sure it can be beat , but I'm going to check .

dmallorddmallordalmost 2 years ago

Another excellently told tale in the Hammer event. This was very much on point in the noir elements. I really enjoyed this lady version of Hammer. Thanks for this one. It's top end five stars.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Brilliant fun read! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love these events because I always find a new author or so to put on my shelf. As you are now. Keep up the good work.

-rwh

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Kind of hard to think that this was a "Romance" story, but it was good nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The pacing gave me my cardiovascular for the next 10 days! Thank you!

BiologoBiologo8 months ago

I really like the ambiguity you maintained about Taffy’s gender until she claimed a relatively rare vagina. Seriously well plotted too.

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca8 months ago

Surprises keep coming, the breadth of your imagination is very impressive. Absolutely a 5🌟

chytownchytown3 months ago

*****I love P I stories. What a entertaining read. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to another one????

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous