The Accident

Story Info
Mother breaks both wrists. Son becomes more than a nurse.
8.4k words
4.36
95.1k
118
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Wifetheif
Wifetheif
2,422 Followers

The last thing Marion recalled was swerving to miss the deer on the highway. She realized she was headed directly for the barrier. She gripped the wheel with everything she had. There was the horrible sound of crunching metal and then everything went dark.

A light shined in her eyes and a voice was speaking softly.

"Can you hear me, Ms. Parkhurst?"

She heard her own voice as that of a stranger, "Yes. Where am I?"

"In Grandview Hospital. You were in an accident. Do you remember?"

"Yes, I swerved to miss a deer. I ache all over."

The light shining in her eyes dimmed and slowly the vision of a doctor in a white coat filled the space.

"Yes, your car was totaled. Fortunately, you were not too badly injured."

"Can I sit up?"

"'Let me raise the bed for you."

A moment later, Marion was sitting upright. That is when she spied the twin casts on each arm.

"What happened to me, Doctor?"

"Multiple compound fractures of both wrists, a broken radius on the left side, some cracked ribs, and several contusions. Considering that the paramedics had to use the jaws of life to get you out of your car, you are lucky to be alive. An accident like yours is usually fatal."

"Both wrists? How long will I be in these casts?"

"Six weeks or so. You were in surgery for four hours to knit those bones back together."

"Six weeks? Without hands? How will I feed myself? Who will take care of me?"

"That's not my department, Ms. Parkhurst. Certainly, you have family or friends who can look after you?"

"My parents passed early. My only sister lives in Portugal with her husband and family. She certainly can't look after me for that long. The only close relative I have is my son who's taking a year off before he completes college."

"Oh, yes, your son. I've met him. Henry, right? He's been asking about you. I'll have the nurse bring him in."

"Mom!" came a familiar voice moments later.

The tall, handsome young man strode towards her. He carefully leaned in and kissed his mother on the cheek.

"Thank God, you are alive, Mom!"

"When I stop aching all over, I may agree with you son."

"You should see your car! I already contacted the insurance company. The agent still has to talk to you, but she said there should be no problem writing it off and buying you a new one. You can get all the features you want this time."

"A new car is the least of my worries, Henry."

"Yes, I suppose that is true. Both wrists!"

"Yeah, six weeks with no hands and they sure won't let me bunk out here for that entire time."

"Don't worry, mom. I'll take care of you."

"Son, you have your job and, now so many other problems."

"We're a great team, mom, we can tackle anything together."

"You are such a wonderful son."

"That's because I had a wonderful mother."

"Aww!"

Henry planted a second kiss on his mother's cheek.

At this point, a nurse entered.

"Ms. Parkhurst, Marion, I've come to remove your catheter." She gazed at Henry. Are you, her son? Perhaps you should step out of the room for a while."

"Sure."

While Henry was waiting another nurse presented him with his mother's effects. He gaped at the cellophane bag in his hand and noted that it contained only rags.

"They cut off her clothes in the trauma room. Standard procedure. She's going to be discharged in two days. She's going to need clothes when she checks out."

"Oh," returned the lad. His mind went into an unexpected reverie, he envisioned doctors and nurses with surgical shears removing his mother's clothes. Cutting up the seams of her jeans. Tearing away her blouse. Slicing off her panties! He noted that his mother's large-cupped bra had been bisected. Even her socks and sneakers were in ribbons. For a long moment, he was there in the trauma room with the beeping machines and barked orders and his mother was lying there nude! He thought of his mother revealed for all the world to see. True, they were dispassionate medical professionals, but it still gave him a thrill he could not quite understand. He'd never thought about her that way before.

Marion had long legs, a narrow waist, an ample bustline, and a cascade of straw-yellow hair under a China doll face accented by sky-blue eyes. His mom was pretty, but every boy thinks his mother is pretty. Some of Henry's friends had called his mom a MILF and a fox, but he thought they were just blowing smoke. Now, his perspective began to change.

The nurse brought him back to himself when she directed him to sign and initial some forms. Henry returned to his mom's room, and they spent the next several hours talking. Subjects ranged from the mundane to the serious. From time to time, he assisted his mom by holding the straw and tumbler so that she could take a drink and holding a tissue to her nose after a sneeze.

"I suppose both of us will get very used to this, son," she said as he tossed the tissue into the waste bin.

"No problem, mom."

"Oh, God, my nose itches. Could you scratch it, honey?"

"Sure, mom." He reached out and rubbed Marion's nose. "How's that?"

"Perfect!"

Henry and his mom talked for a while before the first doctor returned to the room.

"Ms. Parkhurst. I'm afraid we are going to have to discharge you the day after tomorrow."

"Why on earth?"

"I'm afraid your insurance won't cover a longer stay and the bean counters decided that you are healthy enough."

"Jesus Christ! Will they at least provide home care?"

"I'm not sure. I'll look into it."

"I have good insurance, Henry and this is still happening to me! America needs socialized medicine in the worst way!"

"I'll help out all I can, mom."

"I'm sure you will, Henry."

Shortly after that conversation, Henry made his way home. The plastic bag filled with the remnants of his mother's clothes sat next to him in the passenger seat. When he reached home, he went up to his mother's room and considered what she should wear home. His mom would need everything. Henry found himself in his mother's intimates' drawer. There, neatly folded, were his mother's panties. Henry had never been in this drawer before. His mom did all the laundry. Not because Henry was unable or lazy but because she insisted upon it. He'd never really considered his mother's underwear before. So much of it was frilly and lacy! Unbidden, the image of his mother in them filled his mind. It was an image that was difficult to drive away.

Another opened drawer revealed Marion's brassieres. Henry picked one up and absentmindedly toyed with it. He hadn't realized just how busty his mother was until that moment. Naturally, he noticed that his mom had breasts, as every boy does. Now, it occurred to him that his mom was really stacked, like the models in men's magazines and pornos. Now, he pictured his mom's boobs restrained by the brassiere. He selected the bra in his hands and a pair of panties that weren't as lacy as most. These he placed in his sports bag. Henry opened his mother's closet. A blue short-sleeve shirt caught his eye. This joined a pair of tan jeans, some socks, and the sneakers his mom wore when she was doing yard work joined the undergarments in the Nike bag.

Henry went to the kitchen and made himself some dinner. He tried reading a graphic novel on his I-pad, but his mind kept returning to how helpless his mother really was. He knew he should feel anger and sympathy but instead, he was considering facts such as his mother would need baths and someone to shave her long legs and under her arms. He found himself excited by the prospect, even though he knew he shouldn't be.

After dinner, he rummaged around in his mother's room. He enjoyed looking at her wedding album. Henry could not help but notice that he looked a lot like his father. This disturbed him because Robert had abandoned his mother when Henry was a small boy. He had almost no memories of his father. All he knew for sure is that he had started a new family on the other side of the country and had slammed the door permanently on the woman and son whom he had once loved. Mom looked so pretty in her wedding gown. The back of the album was full of honeymoon snaps. Marion lounging on the beach in a bikini. She and Robert kissing by candlelight. It occurred to Henry that his mom, while clearly older, was still a very beautiful woman. Marion did not like Henry mucking about in her things, so he rarely got to study the album and other personal items in her room.

By now it was rather late. Henry got ready for bed. He jerked off while he watched some MILF clips at various porn sites before he fell asleep. His dreams that night were all exemplary. In the morning, he went to work and had a long discussion with Mr. Spinelli at work, explaining the situation. The older man was understanding and told Henry that he could schedule his work around caring for his mother. If necessary, his boss was even willing to let him work entirely online, so long as he didn't slack off and checked in with him in person twice a week. That made Henry feel very good and quite mature.

He set up his home account on his laptop and made sure it passed muster with the tech guys at work. That done, he put in a few hours and received a very nice e-mail from Mr. Spinelli praising both his work and his dedication to his mother. "She's lucky to have you, Henry."

"Thank you, Mr. Spinelli."

"Just use the login procedure so we can track your hours. I'll send you your daily targets in tomorrow's e-mail. What you've done today is good."

Henry returned to the hospital just as the nurse was finishing spoon-feeding dinner to his mother.

Once the nurse left, Marion stated,

"I've been reduced to the status of a freaking infant!"

"Well, at least you don't have to cry to get attention or wear diapers."

"OK, so I'll be a whiny armless adult."

"That I can live with, mom."

"Oh, Henry! You are such a good son!"

"Thanks, mom. If I am it is because of how you raised me."

He told her how he had worked things out at work so he could be at home with her as much as possible.

"I really hope the insurance company springs for at least some home care. I hate being a burden to you, son."

"Would you consider me a burden mom if our roles were reversed?"

"No. Of course not! But I'm a mother! I'm supposed to be the nurse."

"Guys can be nurses too, mom."

"I know, but still..."

Henry stood up. "Is there anything I can do for you, mom?"

"My right leg itches."

"Where?"

"Just above the knee."

Henry's fingernails set to work.

"Just a bit lower, lower ... ahh, that's it!"

Marion gazed at her son with new appreciation. Maybe this situation could work after all.

"I brought clothes for tomorrow."

"Let me see."

Henry opened the zipper on his sports bag revealing the neatly folded clothes.

"You did good, Henry."

"I'll put the case over here. You are being checked out at 10:00 A.M. tomorrow. I'll treat you to a pancake breakfast once we get home."

"Yeah! I'll be a baby in my own home!"

"Mom, you are still alive. Nothing ahead of us can be bag or unmanageable in light of that."

"Yes, son, you are so right. Give me a kiss."

He pecked her on the cheek.

Henry stayed until visiting hours ended. On his way out, a nurse handed him a pamphlet spelling out the care his mother needed, when to give her medications, and imprecations against allowing her casts to get wet.

"You should read this tonight, Mr. Parkhurst, so that you will be well prepared to take care of your mother starting tomorrow."

"Thank you, nurse."

"She's lucky to have you."

"So, people keep telling me."

In his room, as he read the hospital missive, he became aware, in a way he had not been before, just how helpless his mother now was. Her mother's statement about being an infant was largely true. Henry would have to feed his mom, dress, and undress her, bathe her, and help her relieve herself! At first, it seemed a daunting task, but the more he contemplated the issue, the more beguiling it became. He loved his mom and adored spending time with her. Henry found his mom more interesting than the girls in college. He'd dropped out mostly because he learned he was a better coder than his professors and partly because he was so unsuccessful in sparking his female classmate's interest. His few girlfriends had quickly lost interest in him. Some were polite enough to explain that there wasn't anything particularly wrong with dating Henry, they just wanted a man who offered more excitement than Henry did. This frustrated Henry, because while he was no longer a virgin. All the girls in his life to this point had, if not necessarily words, informed him that he was just not a good lover. "How can I learn to get better, if they dump me before I've had adequate practice with them?" he asked the emptiness of his room. At least he didn't have anything to prove to his mother!

**

"You can go in now," the nurse informed Henry.

Henry entered his mother's room to find her sitting on the edge of the bed, her legs dangling above the floor. Henry looked at his mom's wardrobe and felt very good indeed that he had selected those clothes. It brought back memories of when he was a small boy and awoke to find fresh clothes laid out by his mother. Henry enjoyed the role reversal. He smiled at the thought. She smiled at him.

"Forgive me for not waving or blowing you a kiss!"

"Oh, mom!"

Henry helped a nurse settle his mother in a wheelchair. There were a seemingly endless series of forms for Henry to sign on his mother's behalf. She still had to initial everything. Henry placed a pen in Marion's lips and guided her in scratching her initials on the required forms.

"Well, that was awkward, sweetie. I think I'll practice writing my signature with a pen held between my toes!"

"Very funny, mom."

"You don't think I'm serious?"

"Who's going to place the pen in your toes?"

"Point taken."

Henry reclined the passenger seat as far as it would go. He lifted his mother from the wheelchair and placed her in the car seat.

"I didn't realize you were so strong!"

"I'm sure you don't weigh that much, mom."

"I want the bathroom scale to tell me that every morning!"

"Ha!"

Henry took the wheelchair, which the hospital was renting to his mother into the trunk of the car before settling himself behind the wheel, leaning over and buckling in his mom. As he performed that last feature, his fingers depressed his mom's right boob. Henry realized that his mom was firmer and ampler than any woman he had encountered previously. He was glad that he had worn tight briefs. He didn't want his mom to think that he thought about her in that way!

Henry made it a point to drive carefully home. They engaged in small talk; Marion could not see much in her position tilted as she was towards the roof. She did comment that it was a pretty day. Marion apologized for being a burden several times.

"Mom, there is no way you could ever be a burden to me! So don't you dare say you are again."

They arrived home. Henry went ahead and unlocked the door. He thought about just muscling his mother into the living room but opted to use the wheelchair. Over the weekend, he would build a ramp for the chair, but for now... He lifted the chair, with his mom in it up the steps and over the threshold. Mother and son took a breath.

"Let's get you to the kitchen for breakfast."

He wheeled his mom to her usual spot at the table and made his way to the pantry and stove. A few moments later, the pancakes were on the griddle.

"That smells so good, honey. Hospital food sucks!"

Henry stacked the pancakes on two plates: a small stack for his mother, and a large stack for himself.

"If only I was a female version of Houdini, I could eat without hands."

"You're more like Zatanna, mom, but she's a brunette?"

"Who?"

"Female magician from the comic books."

"I'm assuming that is a compliment."

"Oh, very much so, mom."

He sliced off a bit coated in syrup and butter.

"Open up, mom."

After several bites, Marion stated,

"This brings me back to the days when you were a baby and I spoon-fed YOU!"

"Yes, as I recall, you pretended to be a mother bird. Well, cheep, cheep, to YOU!"

Henry mopped his mother's lips with a napkin and helped her sip her orange juice through a straw.

"I picked up your prescriptions yesterday. According to what the hospital gave me, it's time for your first pill."

"My son, the nurse."

"No chance! Coding and game writing pay way more."

"Your work didn't give you any problems?"

"No, they were quite understanding. I only have to report to the office for a few hours twice a week. We can work around that. I'm sure you won't run away while I'm gone."

"Very funny."

"Swallow this, then, less talky, more eaty!"

Marion dutifully swallowed her medicine and finished the breakfast Henry had made for her and waited patiently while he consumed his own.

"Oh, shit!"

"What is it, mom?"

"I have to shit! Right now!"

"No, problem, I'll walk you to the can."

"This is so humiliating."

With gentle firmness, Henry helped his mother to her feet and placed his shoulder under hers. Fortunately, their house was a rancher. He would not have to navigate stairs with her.

"Hurry!"

Henry raised the lid of the commode, undid the fly of her jeans, and tugged them down along with her panties. He spied his mom's neat blonde box for a few wonderful seconds before she was seated. Marion's bowels and bladder opened immediately.

Marion turned scarlet as she did her business. Henry had to remain through it all so he could hold her upright.

"Oh, Jesus! I'm sorry, son"

"No problem, mom."

Marion fought back tears as she stated, "Oh, God! You are going to have to wipe me!"

"You did it for me, mom."

"Yeah, back before you were potty trained!"

"It's my turn to be your mother, mom."

"True. It still sucks."

"Finished?"

"Yeah. Lean me forward."

Henry thought his mother had a rather nice butt. The wiping was bad but could have been much worse. He stood his mother back up and tugged her panties and jeans back in place.

"Let's see if there is anything on TV. If you would rather read, I can call up an audiobook from the library."

"Well, I won't be knitting for a while, that's for sure."

Henry guided Marion to the couch and soon had "Pride and Prejudice" playing. He didn't care for the movie, but he knew it was one of his mom's favorites.

"I'm going to clean up in the kitchen and then do a little office work Call if you need anything."

"I could use a little ginger ale."

"Say no more!"

Henry found a way to place the can at the level of Marion's lips. She could watch the movie, slightly turn her head, and take a sip of soda.

"Ingenious, son."

"Thanks."

Henry buried himself in domestic chores while Marion enjoyed the movie for the umpteenth time. The only break from the movie was a tinkle break for Marion. This second trip to the lavatory was less embarrassing for them both. Henry also found time to log onto his computer and receive his latest assignment which he could work on when he wasn't attending to his mother and chores. Marion watched a second movie before closing her eyes and taking a brief rest on the couch.

Henry took out the garbage, did a bit of actual work for his employer, and then set to the task of making lunch. Dinner, he decided, would be pork chops because they were in the fridge and would be easy for him to feed to his mother. "Maybe we should wait a week or so before we try spaghetti," he said bemusedly. Right now, he was focused on the grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. This particular meal was one of their favorites, always evoking memories of good times, whether it be an after-soccer practice surprise when he was younger or a quick way to reconnect and talk about the vagaries of high school, college, and girls. Thoughts of the girls at school reminded Henry of his failures with the opposite sex and how dull most any woman was compared to his mother.

Wifetheif
Wifetheif
2,422 Followers